• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2018
I used to always prefer the longbow over the kraber, but now I'm realizing that I need to always replace it with Kraber if there are less than 5 squads remaining.

Getting that one headshot can essentially win you the match when there are so few teams remaining.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey all,

This is making it's way live now on all platforms:

In an attempt to curb behavior of camping outside the circle to wait out the match and get Top 5 in the Apex Elite Queue, we're trying increasing the damage caused by being outside the circle in the Apex Elite Queue only.
  • First circle now does 15% damage per tick
  • Second circle now does 20% damage per tick
  • Remaining circles no do 25% damage per tick.

Some other things for this week:
  • We've got a server patch planned to go live this week. We'll provide patch notes tomorrow.
  • Follow up on the Known Issues post from last week with any new updates as well as new issues we've bugged since then.
Reddit

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Well that's gonna be fun! Good luck to people landing more than 250 away from the 1st ring though. AKA me, all the damn time.

Jun 12, 2018
Hey all,

This is making it's way live now on all platforms:

In an attempt to curb behavior of camping outside the circle to wait out the match and get Top 5 in the Apex Elite Queue, we're trying increasing the damage caused by being outside the circle in the Apex Elite Queue only.
  • First circle now does 15% damage per tick
  • Second circle now does 20% damage per tick
  • Remaining circles no do 25% damage per tick.

Some other things for this week:
  • We've got a server patch planned to go live this week. We'll provide patch notes tomorrow.
  • Follow up on the Known Issues post from last week with any new updates as well as new issues we've bugged since then.
Reddit
Serious question, would anyone have any issues if damage was also increased in normal queue? The increased ring time and damage of Elite has been highly needed, even before this buff to the damage.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Well that's gonna be fun! Good luck to people landing more than 250 away from the 1st ring though. AKA me, all the damn time.

Nah you will be fine. Just don't wait until the final minute and loot on the go.

Also if you have lifeline you will be set. I wouldn't rely on syringes or med kits since a few battles can mess you up if you're caught in the circle

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Nah you will be fine. Just don't wait until the final minute and loot on the go.

Also if you have lifeline you will be set. I wouldn't rely on syringes or med kits since a few battles can mess you up if you're caught in the circle

Pretty sure Lifeline's heal per second will not be able to counter the ring's damage per tick anymore, past the 2nd ring. I should know, I main Lifeline. But honestly, this is a good change, will put even more stress on the Elite matches.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure Lifeline's heal per second will not be able to counter the ring's damage per tick anymore, past the 2nd ring. I should know, I main Lifeline. But honestly, this is a good change, will put even more stress on the Elite matches.

It sounded like you were worried about the first collapse and the landing area though. Second collapse you should just be able to outrun it. That one's a little easier to time I feel.

I actually welcome the change. Outside of only playing it a few times I did love that element in BFV Firestorm. You don't want to be caught outside of the circle or actually be anywhere near it. Gameplay shouldn't really happen outside of the current play area to the level it does. I've actually not even made it to the circle at the start of round 2 collapse. That's a little much you can do that and still be safe.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
It sounded like you were worried about the first collapse and the landing area though. Second collapse you should just be able to outrun it. That one's a little easier to time I feel.

Nah, I was merely poking fun at myself in a self-deprecating way, but granted, tone is a little hard to convey over written words!

And yeah, I've ignored the ring many time in the past, it's become a habit to do so even, because it's very forgiving with us. But with these new tweaks I can't wait to see more players getting wins the way I did in the video I posted a few days ago: by staying inside the circle, doing no kills or no damages, while everybody else is fighting each other and dying to the storm! On the other hand, it's also a totally random way to get a huge disadvantage at the start of each game, and that's harsh, but that's life.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Was running behind a couple of really good players in Elite queue. I come across a squad unexpectedly and get boxed. The other two come back and wipe them. I ping my box while they loot and watch in dismay as I time out. At least they apologized and proceeded to get Top 5 so I could stay in Elite. I would've preferred a win but they chased kills rather than the win (ran outside the circle to finish a team).

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really smart move by respawn to introduce Elite. When solo or buddy only regular Apex is more enjoyable but when rocking a full squad Elite is more rewarding and challenging. Great segmentation of the player base.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Two squads left, I had a full squad near market. Teammate gets downed by a bang on market roof. Second teammate loses a fight somewhere in market.

Had an R-99, not too much ammo. I downed a bang, downed a pathfinder, and then downed an octane ... and realized that either bang or pathfinder must have had a gold shield. I was low on health and lost the fight to the two revived enemies. Second place, and it felt real bad.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Got a weird bug. Was downed, took a Wraith portal (was in the process of probably healing or something) and got revived by a teammate. I couldn't use items or my Q (I was Lifeline). I could still shoot, but with only a bit of health I was pretty much useless. Got downed and revived again but same dealio.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
So thanks to randos leaving early, Streak forgiveness, and the increased ring damage knocking out so many teams and me getting Top 5 pretty easily, I never left the Apex Elite mode last night.

No wins, but still have a lot of fun!

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Got a weird bug. Was downed, took a Wraith portal (was in the process of probably healing or something) and got revived by a teammate. I couldn't use items or my Q (I was Lifeline). I could still shoot, but with only a bit of health I was pretty much useless. Got downed and revived again but same dealio.

I died on the ship the other day when it was flying over an "out of bounds" area, my teammate got my banner and spawned me, only for me to instantly die again when my character hit the floor. Was fun.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
That Elite ring is no joke, whew.

If you drop far out, you gotta start moving right away or you're gonna get fucked.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Elite ring is no joke, whew.

If you drop far out, you gotta start moving right away or you're gonna get fucked.

I'm not a fan of it. I play all kinds of styles: superaggressive, ninjaing on the outside, a more balanced approach, etc., I'm not a fan of the fact they are trying to kill the cautious approach with this. 15% per tick is A LOT, which means that if you land in a far away location and there's other teams around, chances are you will remain outside and die unless you somehow manage to sneak out quick.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, would anyone have any issues if damage was also increased in normal queue? The increased ring time and damage of Elite has been highly needed, even before this buff to the damage.
They definitely should. I think what the circle used to be in elite was more lenient than it should be in normal.

New elite circle sounds like ridiculous overkill. I guess they kinda designed themselves into a corner with Lifeline's bot. Maybe it should just not work outside the circle.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
They definitely should. I think what the circle used to be in elite was more lenient than it should be in normal.

New elite circle sounds like ridiculous overkill. I guess they kinda designed themselves into a corner with Lifeline's bot. Maybe it should just not work outside the circle.
I think I like the new circle, just for the elite queue. It really does keep things moving. It's nice when there aren't 10 squads gearing up for two minutes outside the first ring.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Man, after three rounds with nothing achieved, it started off good until one guy shredded two of my mates within three seconds; hit me everytime he got line of sight, and after that killing two more dudes:
ElfUt4K.gif

If it isn't hacks, I want matchmaking. NOW.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Been playing some more Elite games with the new patch, managed to win once or twice. It's absolutely hilarious to see a lot of [Out of Bounds] & [Bleeding Out] popping up by the dozens on the top right corner of the screen as soon as the ring closes, I don't know, maybe I'm petty but when that happens, I can't help but chuckle a bit. The storm is NO joke, oof!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Also, cute thing of the day, I'm here to entertain your children if they ever come to the mic to talk while you're afk.

REDACTED

Met this dude today and had fun playing with him lots, fun games with the both of them (and also shitty ones as well oops, but that's part of the fun, heh).

Last edited:

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I got my 50th win yesterday on pathfinder with 13 kills and 2817 damage. I was playing solo and one of my teammates left before the game started and the other wasn't super helpful and wanted to play slow the whole game.

Playing solo is so frustrating but games like this keep pulling me back in.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I got my 50th win yesterday on pathfinder with 13 kills and 2817 damage. I was playing solo and one of my teammates left before the game started and the other wasn't super helpful and wanted to play slow the whole game.

Playing solo is so frustrating but games like this keep pulling me back in.

Been playing this game since the beginning and never won a game solo despite coming close a few times. Last week I managed to win 2 solo games in one day with Mirage.

He's gone from pretty useless to awesome now that they fixed his ult and there's nothing more satisfying than getting getting the upperhand in a fight because you bamboozled the other player.

The way things are now, I think think pretty much all the legends are viable. Bloodhound is my least favorite, though.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
still getting put into the wrong data centre and getting mad laggy games. i'm not leaving the start menu up 5 mins to change it

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else get a bug that they can't ping stuff in death boxes or healing menu? Restarting doesn't fix it. I'm starting to consider downloading the whole thing again.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
If they're going to increase the rate of hurt outside the circle then they really need to show where the next circle is going to be before the drop. Dropping into a populated area well outside the next circle will probably mean death.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
If they're going to increase the rate of hurt outside the circle then they really need to show where the next circle is going to be before the drop. Dropping into a populated area well outside the next circle will probably mean death.

I partially agree -- but not knowing where the circle is at launch is part of the risk/reward decision (i.e. going to the edges likely means fewer other teams dropping nearby but you may not make it in the ring if it's far away). So that benefits mobility characters, Pathfinder especially since he can help the whole team traverse faster, and Octane to a lower degree w/ the jump pad.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, I only jump on the edges of the map if there's a pathfinder in my team. Which is often the case anyway, seeing how his hitbox makes it a very popular character to begin with.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've always thought the circles dealt too little damage and were too slow in Apex (or the rounds were too long), so I'm glad to hear tweaking them is at least on the cards

Would love a rapidfire game mode with super fast rounds and deadly circles, where you have to stay on the move at all times to survive and you simply can't spend half the game leisurely looting every single nook and cranny

Last edited:

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Yeah, I only jump on the edges of the map if there's a pathfinder in my team. Which is often the case anyway, seeing how his hitbox makes it a very popular character to begin with.

Given the incentive to make at least Top 5 to stay in the Apex Elite queue, the risks of a long run to the ring feel so much heavier.

DenBroncosFan

Sep 24, 2018
I'm enjoying the new update to the storm. Dropping at the edges only mean you need to loot fast and move quickly if you're far away from the circle. & if you're in elite I'd hope that the people playing are capable of doing that at least. The only times you should get caught up in the storm are due to prolonged battles or looting slowly.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Had a game where we landed on the supply ship, I got instantly downed, and my teammates jumped off. My box somehow fell off the ship into an out of bounds area. Back to the queue.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Every single one on one I've encountered today as been the same. I get the jump on them, begin to open fire only for them to fire back and melt me in seconds .even when I'm strafing and bunny hopping they're headshotting me for fun.

Matchmaking can't come quick enough, I can't compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.