• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question but, I have a daily challenge: "get 2 kills with shotguns in a single match"

What counts as shotgun kill? Knock a player with a shotgun, then eliminate them?

Do they have to be eliminated with a shotgun after they've been knocked?

Does eliminating another player with a shotgun count even if I didn't knock them down?

If I knock a player with say, a pistol and then someone else eliminates them with a shotgun, does it count?

(this is like Fortnite all over again)
I had this one a couple days ago. It's knocks with a shotgun that get finished off. So if you down with a pistol and finish with a shotgun it won't count. If you down 2 players with a shotgun, but one gets up it won't count.

Oct 28, 2017
So, I gave up on the game in season 1. However, after seeing Watson and the changes I came back. I'm not a great player but also not terrible.

However, I'm completely waxing the floor with squad after squad. I went from NEVER winning in season 1 to just winning all the time in season 2. I'm not trying to flex but is there a reason as to why I constantly win? Are the games filled with bots or is the player base really that bad?

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
So, I gave up on the game in season 1. However, after seeing Watson and the changes I came back. I'm not a great player but also not terrible.

However, I'm completely waxing the floor with squad after squad. I went from NEVER winning in season 1 to just winning all the time in season 2. I'm not trying to flex but is there a reason as to why I constantly win? Are the games filled with bots or is the player base really that bad?

Are you playing Ranked? It seems like all the good players migrated over there.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well, I just found out that for "get 2 kills with care package weapons in a single match" not all the guns from care packages count. I pulled an alternator out of a care package and used it the whole match. Won the match with 3 kills. It didn't count.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ranked has certainly reinvigerated my interest in apex. I think loot pools needto be fixed, the technical stuff needs work, and kills need to be increased from 5 but other than that the weapons themselves feel very balanced as do most of the characters.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I just found out that for "get 2 kills with care package weapons in a single match" not all the guns from care packages count. I pulled an alternator out of a care package and used it the whole match. Won the match with 3 kills. It didn't count.
The Alternator is not a "care package weapon". It's referring to the exclusive ones, aka the Kraber, LSTAR, and Mastiff.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Ranked meta seems to be Camp start then "Oh 5 squads already fighting over here? Yeah let's all go join that too." If anyone survives that rumble then it's camping again until the circle is so small you can't physically hide from each other anymore.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I have very specific niche kinks, and I'm happy you're providing more content about it, you're the MVP.

Lqpaw1x.gif

Serving niche kinks is what I do. ;)

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Solo win in ranked (gold). Pretty fun game with some weird moments.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Ranked meta seems to be Camp start then "Oh 5 squads already fighting over here? Yeah let's all go join that too." If anyone survives that rumble then it's camping again until the circle is so small you can't physically hide from each other anymore.
Sooooooo what you're saying is that it's a BR?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah final circles are insane now. I actually dont really mind it.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Just won back-to-back ranked games with no teammates at Silver I.

Game 1: Team dies looting miles into the storm, no mics, won't listen. Win a 2v1 at the end because they split up.
Game 2: Team literally quits out in the middle of a fight, we're all 5 feet from each other. Win a 1v1 at the end.

Anyone playing west coast on PS4 right now? Random teammates are brutal sometimes.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Got two wins in a row, first time! First one I was useless 95% of the time because my teammate was Pathfinder and he destroyed full squads by himself in under 3 seconds, 3 times! When I arrived to the scene to loot he was already flying away and killing someone else. In the top 2 I managed to kill one enemy (first time I even had the chance), and used fences to keep the other enemies out while I was reviving an ally (so I guess I was quite useful when it most mattered). Ranked matches are great and I am still on Silver, quite an improvement. I miss Elite queue though.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

I don't think I've ever seen a regular gun in a care package?

The only guns I've ever seen are the golden ones.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, well that will be it then. I avoid those starting care packages. They are super populated and I like to survive long enough to at least grab a gun

Same, unfortunately a lot of randoms carry me there, not to mention the fact some challenges require you to use care packages or weapons from them, so when playing casual you are often encouraged to drop there. These challenges are really not a good idea, but then again I usually hop in, do the (reasonable) challenges in casual, then go ranked.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
They really didn't think the challanges through well enough. In games like Fortnite it works well because it has solo and 50 v 50, but in a game like this they can't adopt the same.

Challanges should mostly cover team work. Revive X amount of players, Survive to the final 3 with all players alive, Ping a requested item etc etc.

It really isn't rocket science and I'm pretty sure that most players that have played for while could have thought up better challanges that wouldn't effect the team work needed to win games in this.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Here's that game where my team quit midfight. Forgot they split off the jump, too. Edited out the sneakery going for placement points, haha.

Very next game I had great teammates who rez'd off a gold shield and won us the game, so I guess it's just luck of the draw.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really didn't think the challanges through well enough. In games like Fortnite it works well because it has solo and 50 v 50, but in a game like this they can't adopt the same.

Challanges should mostly cover team work. Revive X amount of players, Survive to the final 3 with all players alive, Ping a requested item etc etc.

It really isn't rocket science and I'm pretty sure that most players that have played for while could have thought up better challanges that wouldn't effect the team work needed to win games in this.

Yeah, as it is it sucks and it already massively changed the game dynamics. You see half the players die in the first 2 minutes like in Fortnite, whereas in Apex you'd find 8-10 teams going into circle 2 or 3 fairly often. Right now if the points of interest and challenges are fairly close together, it can mean that you lose 35-40 players to the circle alone, which makes the rest of the map completely barren and boring as you've got square miles to cover with like 7-8 groups of players far away from each other. This is one of the reasons I stopped playing Fortnite, and I don't like Apex is becoming this thing as well.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Hope I have a bit better luck with my weeklies this time around, that 5k damage with shotguns was...not fun lol.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I'm a huge fan of how the L-Star is handled right now. Close to medium range it's insanely lethal, it bursts enemies in tenths of a second if you do it right. Even with short bursts it's crazy good, and there's more than enough bullets to wipe a team or two at the start. Meeting a guy who owns an L-Star from close up is practically dead, and when I was on the killing side of things it felt way too easy.

This would be fine-ish if this was just a rare gold weapon that drops mid-match, but the thing is that they have care packages at the start now, with what is (I think) a guaranteed L-Star in each (every time I dropped there I either picked one up or another player did, I yet have to see a time when this isn't the case). This means that whoever picks the L-Star at the beginning of the match has a couple kills, practically free, and if you happen to be the only one landing at the package that means you already have one of your endgame GOATs in your inventory like 5 seconds into the match. It is obviously a huge risk dropping at the care package because there can be multiple other teams landing there and murder your ass before you even grab a weapon, but the payoff is huge.

Dropping to Skull Town and such is not a guaranteed winner move even if you kill them all, because there's no guarantees the area has any gold armor or the weapons/attachments you're looking for. But these care packages, if taken, are an enormous boost to your killing and winning chances, putting an OP tool in the hand of whoever picks it up right away.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they say in the build up to season 2 that they were changing the drop patterns of the gold weapons so that the kraber would be early game and the others would be late game?
I don't think I've seen a single kraber in an early game package yet.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they say in the build up to season 2 that they were changing the drop patterns of the gold weapons so that the kraber would be early game and the others would be late game?

I am not exaggerating, every single start of the match I encountered had an L-Star in it. On the contrary, I think I picked up an L-Star maybe twice from mid-game packages. It's a brutal weapon to have in the endgame, and it's just plain OP in the beginning, I'm surprised they thought it was a good idea having people get it so easy from the start. Yesterday I picked one up and murdered 4 people basically without any armor and health before I even went down once, and I had to waste a lot of bullets shooting at people from the distance when I yet had to pick a secondary weapon. It's ridicolously good and easy to use.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I am not exaggerating, every single start of the match I encountered had an L-Star in it. On the contrary, I think I picked up an L-Star maybe twice from mid-game packages. It's a brutal weapon to have in the endgame, and it's just plain OP in the beginning, I'm surprised they thought it was a good idea having people get it so easy from the start. Yesterday I picked one up and murdered 4 people basically without any armor and health before I even went down once, and I had to waste a lot of bullets shooting at people from the distance when I yet had to pick a secondary weapon. It's ridicolously good and easy to use.
Perhaps it's just for a while to get people used to the new weapon?
I was really looking forward to some early game sniping and there's not a kraber to be found anywhere :(

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps it's just for a while to get people used to the new weapon?
I was really looking forward to some early game sniping and there's not a kraber to be found anywhere :(

Perhaps, but as it is it's just not satisfying. Having one while others are rocking Mozambiques and no armors feels like playing against toddlers. Roaming around with shit weapons while an enemy picked up an L-Star already means that unless I can run away, I'm toast. I don't like this meta. Now one can say "don't drop next to care packages", which is a fair point, but I tend to stick with my team and if the jumpmaster tries that location, I want to follow.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually not feeling the LStar all that much yet. I feel like I can't actually see anything when I'm firing it and I've never been killed by someone using it. I actively avoid taking it unless it's right at the beginning of the match. I'd rather have something I can actually see what I'm firing at and has some actual ammo.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually not feeling the LStar all that much yet. I feel like I can't actually see anything when I'm firing it and I've never been killed by someone using it. I actively avoid taking it unless it's right at the beginning of the match. I'd rather have something I can actually see what I'm firing at and has some actual ammo.

That's odd, it feels like the easiest weapon in the game right now to me. Even at medium range, with short bursts, it's far easier to land 40-50 damage from time to time compared to most assault rifles and SMGs because how fast and lethal it is, and it's even fairly precise without an overly crazy spray. I picked up one in like 3 consecutive matches and my K/D ratio for the season increased dramatically, lmao.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha yep I feel the same way. The muzzle flash is insane and it completely blocks your view!
Edit: Perhaps this is to encourage just feathering the trigger instead of holding it down, in which case it's probably good design.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
That's odd, it feels like the easiest weapon in the game right now to me. Even at medium range, with short bursts, it's far easier to land 40-50 damage from time to time compared to most assault rifles and SMGs because how fast and lethal it is, and it's even fairly precise without an overly crazy spray. I picked up one in like 3 consecutive matches and my K/D ratio for the season increased dramatically, lmao.
I'm probably not using it quite right, in fairness. It doesn't seem great when spamming it partly because of the "cant' see what I'm firing at" issue. But it also seems that's what the gun is encouraging with the delay you get after firing, you can't really burst it. I've not really found a great use case for it outside the early game when everyone dies instantly. Once everyone's armored I feel like I prefer the consistency of other weapons.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The starting care packages are really strong, the main weakness is they never have armor. So if it's on the outskirts and more than one person landed there, there's only 100 hp to go through. The drops where both packages are nearby a point of interest are suuuuuuuper risky though.

Oct 28, 2017

I'll often go for the packages. The packages are almost always the LStar and Alternator with hop. Sometimes there will be an RE45. ONCE I pulled a Krabber from the starting package.

The Hiveking

Oct 27, 2017
My ingame countdown is showing about 11 hours until weekly reset. Oddly the daily and weekly resets don't seem to be at the same time.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Is this weekly reset removing the locational weeklies? I hope so. I'm hoping that the drop will be more predictable with people not motivated to go to random ass places for their challenges.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't think I've ever seen a regular gun in a care package?

The only guns I've ever seen are the golden ones.

The two care packages that land before the map starts can definitely contain "normal"

guns & ammo.

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1148397080500510720?s=20

Here is the tweet from last night, something might be messed up I guess. I kind of want to do these Daily ones I have, because they are easy, but I'm assuming that once the weekly resets, that xp/stars that you acquire but don't use will disappear?

Pet peeve: Respawn is a software company. 3am PST is not "tonight", it's "tomorrow morning".

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was worried about the changes to incoming damage to wraith.

But I still can't hit that wily bitch.

Also the ending circles are INSANE.

In one game we were long range back and forth with another team coming out of one of the bunkers. We eventually zipline over there, I toss some caustic traps in and we mop them up. But we can't get to the circle fast enough and all 3 of us die. 30 seconds later the final 2 teams battle it out and one wins.

In another game we got trapped in Market. 3 squads left (including us). We needed to get out because the circle was going to close soon. But the other team was relentless and would not leave. My caustic traps were causing them to not push in but we couldn't leave without being put into a bottleneck of fire. Eventually with 30 seconds left we just bum rush the exit, down one, but we all die.

I stay spectating and these idiots all died in the storm causing a hilariously clueless team to win. They were on the other side of the circle in a house surrounded by traps.

Last edited:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
The new circle adds a lot of urgency to matches which can be good but I find that even in gold, random teammates are just too oblivious. I've had so so many teammates die because they were looting when they should be running.

Then again I had a game in gold yesterday where we went dropship so it could be worse

Status
Not open for further replies.