• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spykupp

Aug 22, 2018
I thought they took out location based Challenges? I got Get 4 knockdowns in The Pit as a weekly.
They took them out for dailys not weeklys. There thoughts are since weely challenges last the whole season if you play normally you should eventually accomplish the location based challenges from normal play.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they took out location based Challenges? I got Get 4 knockdowns in The Pit as a weekly.

I looked at the notes again and it specifically says

Change to Location-Based Daily Challenges

• For now we have removed location based Daily Challenges as we've seen them have a negative impact on the game. Players will still get 3 Daily Challenges.

That sucks...guess weeklies can still be anything.

And that especially sucks for you because 4 pit knockdowns sounds absolutely horrible.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I wonder why they stopped at 10. Why not add some that are "Complete 15 Daily Challenges" and "Complete 20"

I'm kind of glad they didn't. There are only 21 daily challenges available per week. Completing 20 would make putting a few hours in every day mandatory, and that would make the game feel a little more like a job and less like a fun game.

It doesn't help that some of the challenges are annoying to complete, and that there's no way to swap out a challenge you're assigned for a new one.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of glad they didn't. There are only 21 daily challenges available per week. Completing 20 would make putting a few hours in every day mandatory, and that would make the game feel a little more like a job and less like a fun game.

It doesn't help that some of the challenges are annoying to complete, and that there's no way to swap out a challenge you're assigned for a new one.

I get where you are coming from, and I agree, I would "feel" like I had to play more. But at the same time, some weeks when I could, it would be nice lol.

What I really don't like, and I don't know if they can fix this, is that the xp that you have left over after a week reset, disappears. Like, I played your game, gained this xp/stars, but since its a reset, that time I put in means nothing because it just goes away and I wasn't able to make it to a complete level before the reset.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I got a legendary from the last free battle pass apex pack, Bloodhound frame. :/ It's ridiculous that frames and finishers are legendary tier. That's why I'm getting crafting metals instead of the battle pass packs.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
What I really don't like, and I don't know if they can fix this, is that the xp that you have left over after a week reset, disappears. Like, I played your game, gained this xp/stars, but since its a reset, that time I put in means nothing because it just goes away and I wasn't able to make it to a complete level before the reset.

This also bothers me. There should be Main Level, Season 2 Battle Pass Level and Battle Pass Tier. This way Season 2 Battle Pass Level would carry over the stars/xp you earned from week to week til you hit 100 of course.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Yeah, I was wondering if my "leftover" XP / stars would just be wasted between weeks, and that is exactly what happened.

It's a bummer because those later levels take a significant amount of XP.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Im so fucking sick of their server problems. Constantly we have issues getting into games, and a lot of time its not all of us who gets in. So much fun being the only one of 3 that gets into the game. And can I quit without losing points? Nope of course not, why would Respawn ever consider doing that.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Im so fucking sick of their server problems. Constantly we have issues getting into games, and a lot of time its not all of us who gets in. So much fun being the only one of 3 that gets into the game. And can I quit without losing points? Nope of course not, why would Respawn ever consider doing that.

Since the introduction of season 2 I have connection code "leaf" every other round.

It's unplayable.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Since the introduction of season 2 I have connection code "leaf" every other round.

It's unplayable.
Given that I'm level 18 in the BP and almost out of Gold rank I have to say that the usage of "unplayable" here is rather hyperbolic.

It's annoying, but all you have to do is press a button twice and you're back into the queue.

Oct 25, 2017
These server issues are embarrassing.
Given that I'm level 18 in the BP and almost out of Gold rank I have to say that the usage of "unplayable" here is rather hyperbolic.

It's annoying, but all you have to do is press a button twice and you're back into the queue.

If it happened once in a while I wouldn't care, but every second game, including times where it happens back to back to back, is beyond annoying.

I hope fixing this is priority #1 for them right now.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah who doesn't love sitting through 3 fucking tries to get into a match when it worked flawlessly in season 1.

So that's maybe 2-10 minutes of waiting compared to 15 seconds.

Not only that but my ps4 is now running hot on loading screens.

Now when you get booted it runs an endless loop of 9 tries to contact the servers. You have to quit the game and reboot the game.

Last edited:

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark

Ahh so when I get into the game without my 2 teammates all we have to do is press a button twice? Good to know!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Isn't there like a 5 minute ban for quitting or do disconnects not count?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
The challenges are a nice addition but MAN do I fucking hate the ones that require kills and knockdowns, give me Damage so that it at least feels like I am slowly getting somewhere.

"Get 5 Knockdowns with Pistols" they ask.

Fucking pistols....

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't there like a 5 minute ban for quitting or do disconnects not count?
While they're working on server issues they removed the ban. That being said, their loss forgiveness is not working, and that definitely contributes to the issue being more problematic than it should be.

That being said, again -- the game is playable. There is just a nuisance of an issue that needs to be fixed. So, annoying, but not unplayable.

The challenges are a nice addition but MAN do I fucking hate the ones that require kills and knockdowns, give me Damage so that it at least feels like I am slowly getting somewhere.

Fucking pistols....
The Wingman is a pistol. Also, the RE45 and P2020 shred with their respective hop ups. Running both of those guns with their respective hop ups is totally viable.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
The Wingman is a pistol. Also, the RE45 and P2020 shred with their respective hop ups. Running both of those guns with their respective hop ups is totally viable.
That assumes I can aim with those things. The Wingman and I are the worst combination cause it requires eagle eyed levels of aiming to actually hit with and the RE45 is one of the worst guns in the game.

No, they really should drop this bull with Knockdowns and Kills, damage you can at least slowly grind towards no matter the skill level. Better skilled players get their shit done faster. The same goes with "Kill/Knockdown at Location X", situational, annoying to get, it's bull. And it usually ends with me dead and nothing at all accomplished because of some arse with 5 million kills on their stat page.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
While they're working on server issues they removed the ban. That being said, their loss forgiveness is not working, and that definitely contributes to the issue being more problematic than it should be.

That being said, again -- the game is playable. There is just a nuisance of an issue that needs to be fixed. So, annoying, but not unplayable.

Early game RE45 without a hop-up is pretty viable too IMO.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I think I hold the world record for most loot bins opened without finding a body shield.

I opened about 15 in a match earlier and went through 4 buildings.

The Loot clusters in this game truly are shocking.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I think I hold the world record for most loot bins opened without finding a body shield.

I opened about 15 in a match earlier and went through 4 buildings.

The Loot clusters in this game truly are shocking.
Last night we had a game where we looted High Desert, The Pit, and the buildings/bins in between the 2 and only found 1 body shield among the 3 of us. The crazy thing was we almost wiped a squad that had 2 purples and a blue, but we could only get 1 down before we had to med up.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Last night we had a game where we looted High Desert, The Pit, and the buildings/bins in between the 2 and only found 1 body shield among the 3 of us. The crazy thing was we almost wiped a squad that had 2 purples and a blue, but we could only get 1 down before we had to med up.

It sucks and it really puts me off playing the game, especially when you play the next round and you find half dozen blue ones in the same area.

Game won't let me play anyway, as it won't let me join my friend's party and when I do it won't let me ready up.

What a mess.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fucking pistols....

I suck at getting kills in this game, but I managed to wipe an entire squad with the re45 with no attachments a few days ago. The wingman is pretty much the only unusable pistol now.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Looks like damage done to downed players counts towards Damage challenges. Had a round where I started with 0/750 with Bloodhound, took down someone with 50 shield (150 total) and then thirsted them. My round total was 150 but my challenge total was 250 (we got wiped right after lol).

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I suck at getting kills in this game, but I managed to wipe an entire squad with the re45 with no attachments a few days ago. The wingman is pretty much the only unusable pistol now.
None of the nerfs touched what actually makes the wingman good. If you have decent aim it's still probably the best weapon in the game. And if you get any of the extended mags it's almost like the wingman was never nerfed to begin with.

In other news: I think that the location based challenges should be removed from the weekly pool as well. While they're less problematic as weeklies since they can be completed at any point during the season, their existence still promotes bad gameplay. Plus, there will always be players who go for the weekly challenges as soon as they're available, and at the end of the season when people are just trying to complete whatever they can as quickly as possible the location based challenges are going to be problematic regardless of them being weeklies.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
None of the nerfs touched what actually makes the wingman good. If you have decent aim it's still probably the best weapon in the game. And if you get any of the extended mags it's almost like the wingman was never nerfed to begin with.

In other news: I think that the location based challenges should be removed from the weekly pool as well. While they're less problematic as weeklies since they can be completed at any point during the season, their existence still promotes bad gameplay. Plus, there will always be players who go for the weekly challenges as soon as they're available, and at the end of the season when people are just trying to complete whatever they can as quickly as possible the location based challenges are going to be problematic regardless of them being weeklies.

It's good but far from the best gun in the game.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Watching Shroud play ranked is so ridiculously fun. I love how they shit their pants whenever they see another team because there's a very real possibility they'll get merked. This is better than watching Stranger Things.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Watching Shroud play ranked is so ridiculously fun. I love how they shit their pants whenever they see another team because there's a very real possibility they'll get merked. This is better than watching Stranger Things.

Yep this ranked mode had been great! Shroud even commented on not running into as many cheaters as he expected as well. The competition for the streamers/regulars have been stiff. And seeing them in the same lobbies as other big name players are great as well and they seem to love it also.

I hope they host some tournaments with only people from within the tournament. Would be great to see.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017

I think the nerfs addressed its issues nicely while keeping it powerful.

Fire rate: Wingman was too good at all ranges. Now it can't quite go toe to toe against the best close range weapons.
Cylinder size: Wingman used to destroy everything on drop because it essentially started with a blue mag. Now you gotta earn it like with other guns.

That's how you nerf. You don't destroy what makes a gun powerful, you target what makes it problematic for the meta.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I think the nerfs addressed its issues nicely while keeping it powerful.

Fire rate: Wingman was too good at all ranges. Now it can't quite go toe to toe against the best close range weapons.
Cylinder size: Wingman used to destroy everything on drop because it essentially started with a blue mag. Now you gotta earn it like with other guns.

That's how you nerf. You don't destroy what makes a gun powerful, you target what makes it problematic for the meta.

And nobody is taking it long range over a longbow with skull piercer. Even saw viss running both earlier. He opted to keep skull on the long bow until he found a second skull piercer. You could easily transfer unless a battle appeared out of nowhere. A decent combo but there is way better options at close range than wingman.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
TL;DR - Do your weekly, stars and you'll reach max level....
source.gif

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change the ship path algorithm? I feel like I'm getting a lot of launches that are on the edge of the map instead of mildly through the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.