• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Reached Platinum IV today. That was my goal, don't think I'll push for more, at least not in solo queue. I need to find a solid team to grind further. I'll stay in normal in the meantime, with the occasional ranked here and there!

Last edited:

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
2 challlanges really are really dodo stinkers. Get two kills with care package weapon in the same match and 10 Lstar kills.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Reached Platinum IV today. That was my goal, don't think I'll push for more, at least not in solo queue. I need to find a solid team to grind further. I'll stay in normal in the meantime, with the occasional ranked here and there!

You can't de-rank the medal categories so you could always continue to queue ranked even if only to try to improve your play by experience with the higher ranked players. You'll never drop lower than Plat IV.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the buy in for Plat is where it gets rough enough that you can't guarantee even incremental progress without a team.

I just hit gold and I can see myself solo queueing through it but with Plat I basically need communication in order to break even.

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I never complained much about the sound in this game in the past, but I just had two games in a row where someone dropped down right behind me with no action going on and made zero noise.

It's becoming more common and I only noticed it recently.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Is there any info on being able to see the weekly challanges ingame like fortnite? Its pretty annoying.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Had a few losses in a row and then a good squad showed up and we got the win. Pathfinder, Wattson and Lifeline. It was beautiful. Knowing where the zones are and having 3 beacons in great places from myself, lifeline doing work and Wattson managing to create amazing death bunkers haha.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
You can't de-rank the medal categories so you could always continue to queue ranked even if only to try to improve your play by experience with the higher ranked players. You'll never drop lower than Plat IV.

I know, and I might try, but I'm afraid the frustration of having poor teammates will be too much for me to push for more. I already got easily annoyed at the randos I ended up with in Gold, so imagine that in Plat where the stakes are even higher and the entry fee as well. I don't wanna not enjoy this game just to get diamond. I'd rather play goofy with friends, I don't mind.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I know, and I might try, but I'm afraid the frustration of having poor teammates will be too much for me too push for more. I already got easily annoyed at the randos I ended up with in Gold, so imagine that in Plat where the stakes are even higher and the entry fee as well. I don't wanna not enjoy this game just to get diamond. I'd rather play goofy with friends, I don't mind.

I completely understand. But I wasn't suggesting playing Ranked with the intent of trying to reach Diamond or higher. But to play it purely to get better, ignoring whether or not you actually gained rank. It could be valuable for the practice and learning more strats.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I completely understand. But I wasn't suggesting playing Ranked with the intent of trying to reach Diamond or higher. But to play it purely to get better, ignoring whether or not you actually gained rank. It could be valuable for the practice and learning more strats.

Yep. This is also my feeling on ranked. If anything, it'll make you a better player. I'm going to hit Plat soon as well and I'm not expecting to hit Diamond but I am hoping I'll get better at dealing with better players after consistently being matched with them.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Edit I take it all back, just got triple triple with lifeline haha

Wait maybe not, badge is glitched?

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Barely been able to touch Ranked lately, I have such limited time and the few rounds I get to play I'm usually trying to hit my dailies on the regular queue. I'm hoping to hit Gold and then feel decent about myself.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
pushed through Gold I to plat tonight. only got to play a couple games in plat, but they felt very different—in every game, there was less early-game fighting, but any fight immediately got third- and fourth- and fifth-partied and turned into some big nutty fun mess. curious if it's actually a plat thing or if we just got some weird games back-to-back. it was very fun, but it seems like it'll make getting points a bit harder

curious why they made kill-points cap out at 5. kinda stinks that after 5 kills there's no real incentive to push fights, especially if you're good enough on gear and the fights would take frags/arc stars you'll need in the final circles

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Nothing worse than having a couple 6000-star weeklies vanish into the ether due to the weekly reset.

Yeah, I also was close to a getting a +1 BP and I had 9/10 daily challenges done and I could swear the day before yesterday the game told me that there is 1 day an xx hours left. Yesterday I came home from work, looked at the daily challenges... weekly reset. Fuck.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Pathfinder's hitbox is still hit and miss, did they release the fixes for that yet? I put two 301 whole clips (blue extended mags too) in mid/close range and didn't even pop shields the other night.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just had a 21 kill game with Octane. Pretty pleased with how my accuracy is coming along!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So when is the next season supposed to drop? New to Apex, so I have not been keeping track of changes.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In October, there's a countdown until the end of the season on the battle pass rewards screen.
Ahh I see. I was wondering what that was. I am new to apex, so I have not thought about battle pass stuff. It's basically extra cosmetic stuff right? I am not that fussed about chasing skins etc.

Have they got some kind of road map for their plans or do they announce season by season?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is amazing they still haven't patched the deathbox stuck on supply ship or deathbox just floats off glitch. It's only been a thing since launch.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like the introduction of daily/weekly challenges and all the map changes did the trick for me, cause I'm sitting at work right now, wishing I was home playing Apex Legends again. Just like back before season 1 had started.

Oct 28, 2017
I thought they were doing away with the certain location challenges?

Do 200 damage in The Pit.

No cunt is dropping there. Tedious bollocks!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
People will drop in the Pit if the drop ship is close by. It's also right in between Runoff and Slum Lakes so you could theoretically lure teams from there.

I remember one game in which 3 teams landed there. We actually won the fight but there was barely any ammo left to go around so naturally we got third partied by a fully equipped group.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friend just sent me this. What in the flying fuck.

ki3aLBH.png

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ki3aLBH.png

For better or worse, that's battle royale for ya. You could totally not meet anyone until the end, then get in one fight where you just shoot an already wounded player and win. Or maybe not even that much as that team/person dies in the circle. I had a win in which I had 3 kills (solo murdered a single team in the second circle or so), after which we met nobody until the very end when a near dead guy emerged from the circle. It could have been a similar result without that one team we met.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For better or worse, that's battle royale for ya. You could totally not meet anyone until the end, then get in one fight where you just shoot an already wounded player and win. Or maybe not even that much as that team/person dies in the circle. I had a win in which I had 3 kills (solo murdered a single team in the second circle or so), after which we met nobody until the very end when a near dead guy emerged from the circle. It could have been a similar result without that one team we met.
I have poached on a final fight before for a win.

But those damage and kill values across the entire team are INSANE lol

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Come on, fuck this shit. Why the fuck am I constantly playing against against people with 500+ and even 1000+ kills in Silver IV? Where are my fellow bad players? And why do I only find some shitty pistols or even nothing when landing while the enemies are running around with Hemloks, R301, Spitfire and EVAs in 8 out of 10 games? And why are the enemies always faster in a specific spot an seem to appear out of nowhere?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
sooo idk why but since i've been playing wattson ive been winning more consistently.
finally got my 2000 dmg in one game too! i thought it was for a badge, i was wrong lmao

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
sooo idk why but since i've been playing wattson ive been winning more consistently.
finally got my 2000 dmg in one game too! i thought it was for a badge, i was wrong lmao

Yeah same. I don't even use her abilities but I wreck shop with her.

She was my first 20 kill game, and I have the 3k damage badge on her too.

Come on, fuck this shit. Why the fuck am I constantly playing against against people with 500+ and even 1000+ kills in Silver IV? Where are my fellow bad players? And why do I only find some shitty pistols or even nothing when landing while the enemies are running around with Hemloks, R301, Spitfire and EVAs in 8 out of 10 games? And why are the enemies always faster in a specific spot an seem to appear out of nowhere?

500 and 1000 kills are nothing. Up in plat and diamond you'll be seeing people with over 10k. I regularly play with people over 30k.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

500 and 1000 kills are nothing. Up in plat and diamond you'll be seeing people with over 10k. I regularly play with people over 30k.

ah, so there is a badge when you get 3k dmg in a game? Idk why i thought it was 2k dmg haha. i was so excited, but then deflated because i dint see any message about unlocking anything lol!!

p.s. the L STAR is a monster. ripping through squads like no ones business.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

I doubt I'll ever see that. I'm currently even struggling to get to Silver III.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
ah, so there is a badge when you get 3k dmg in a game? Idk why i thought it was 2k dmg haha. i was so excited, but then deflated because i dint see any message about unlocking anything lol!!

p.s. the L STAR is a monster. ripping through squads like no ones business.

I think there's a 2k damage badge. You should have it?

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
I feel exhausted. Did week 1 and 2, now can't do 3 and 4 because i'm not feeling it

Taking a break from the game for a bit

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

ki3aLBH.png

Friendly reminder that this absolutely ridiculously bonker thing happened to me and I'm still laughing about it whenever I think about it:

REDACTED

Nobody in the team made any kills nor damage throughout the entire game, and yet we won the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.