• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming that axe is a heirloom for Bloodhound? It almost looked like a groundpound weapon or something.

Also the new town arena thing looks neat, wonder if its just added to the map or will have its own event.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
That Lifeline skin is 95% there, it looks absolutely dope, except for her face covered in a mask? Why D:
However, that Wattson skin is... wew, beautiful!

And yeah, the event will start in two hours, just like I expected!

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
80 minutes until solos-event.
So hyped!

giphy.gif

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Bloodhound heirloom and lots of new skins, for Legends and guns. Plus a map change with the fire rings?

This YouTube video from last week had spotted some changes in the area where the map changes are.

His theory was an Octane Race and/or specific map change related to Octane. It seems he was pretty accurate!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I would much rather get an heirloom for Wraith when I eventually pull it. Wonder if it'll be random or not.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
They should do like fortnite where skins have different stages. So have one where the mask is off.

Well, this is already a thing for a couple of weapon skins so there's really no doubt in my mind we'll get character skins that change according to kills or KOs or time played or something at some point too

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Yo these guys are fucking mad men they want 70 dollars for 10 packs in the iron crown event 😂😂

That's just ridiculous overwatch 70 bucks would give you like 100 loot boxes. What the hell is EA thinking! Loot boxes are bad enough but this price is fucking insane

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Apparently you get the skins only by buying the event lootboxes which cost 7 a piece. Absolutely pathetic if true

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to not have the pressure to be bad in front of other people. Now I can be bad all on my own!
Apparently you get the skins only by buying the event lootboxes which cost 7 a piece. Absolutely pathetic if true
The site mentions a new crown currency specifically for the event, and it sounded like you could get them through challenges or something. I ain't paying for any skin.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
So wait, you can't even spend the $20 on the skin you want, you have to gamble with expensive Apex Packs?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Whew, solos is stressful. I can't really see myself playing this mode that much, to be honest.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure you can get at least some without paying. Read the details..

A special Iron Crown Collection Pack
Apex Legends Collection Events bring a set of themed, limited-time content to Kings Canyon. Open Iron Crown Collection Packs for a 50% shot at an Epic item and a 50% shot at a Legendary item from a set of 24 themed items. No Commons, no Rares, and no duplicates will be included in these packs.

Iron Crown Event Store

The Iron Crown Collection Event also introduces a new event currency, Crowns, which can be earned from challenges and received from Iron Crown Collection Packs. Crowns can be spent in the new limited-time event store to unlock Event-Limited Rare, Epic, and Legendary content.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like this became exploiters' favourite game mode already, people regularly surviving to 300 damage, people flying faster than allowed, etc..

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
All I'm going off is the web page, I'm not able to log into the game right now.
If you indeed can't get any of the new skins without paying, then that is some BS.
Ya from what I'm looking at the shop that you spend currency you earn on only contains 2 gun skins and 4 banners. One of the gun skins is so high a price to that it will require the currency you get from the event loot boxes. The event loot boxes contain the skins and everything and they cost 7 a pop

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
That's what I'm saying, it seems the only option for people who want the skins for their Legends and not buy a box is to hope they have all the currency on a day that the store rotates that skin in.

There is no rotation into the Event Shop. It's a static set of choices in that shop. And the Iron Crown loot boxes are also set and guaranteed to give you something new each time you open it, though what it is exactly, is random with the chances adjusting with each new loot box you open.

It's essentially a collectors list that you cross off as you open each loot box. 12 Epics, 12 Legendaries (the best skins are Legendary). And then, once you've collected all 24 items, any further loot boxes you open will give you Apex Coins at 700 each. It also unlocks the ability to buy the Heirloom set for Bloodhound that has the Axe shown in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.