• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Opened up my first free event pack and...

BHUb0Ll.png

Hell yeah dude, I wanted to spend 1800 coins on that.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Solos is breeding grounds for cheaters of all kind. I just got killed with 3 shots of P2020, one of which through a wall. Great.

And now 130 damage to a person without shield. Not dead.

Next match, unshielded Wraith gets 102 damage, stays alive. This game.

Should have knocked off that ring challenge immediately, now that new area is full of cheaters.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I really hate the R-301 nerf, by the way.

Just like how they lowered the magazine sizes for the Wingman two days after I crafted a Legendary in Season 1, they make the recoil random for the 301 on the day that I finally get the super dope level 100 Battle Pass skin. :/

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still convinced these updates fuck with your sensitivity. I like to think I'm in tune enough with the feel of my games that when I load it back up something feels off.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I just got home and was going to knock out my new dailies and I cannot get into any matches, on Xbox. It just says "Starting Server" forever. I'm trying another reboot right now and hoping that a full reboot fixes it.

I'm kind of glad that these prices for the new skins are what they are though. I've thought solos are a bad idea this whole time, so I like that the skin prices are putting a bit of a damper on the event and coloring some people's opinions of it.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I still think solos are healthy for the game and duos are a must.

Me too. And more importantly I think it's probably thinning out the solo dropping idiots who play in trios now since they have it as an option. Also, I enjoy not having to worry about teammates from time to time even though I prefer to play with a squad.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Did they nerf it with this update?

They did in the patch, yes. This is taken from Reddit:

R-301:
  • Increased vertical and horizontal recoil. Slightly increased recoil pattern randomness.
    • Designer Notes: We've made these changes as we've seen that the R301 is a bit stronger than intended at long range. We've adjusted recoil to balance keeping it effective at medium to close range--which is the original intent--but it should be more difficult for players to auto fire and still laser enemies at long distances.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I've been able to get into ranked matches and solo matches, but no regular matches. So fuck solo mode and fuck ever getting duos. This time of the morning I'm able to get into matches immediately but now that they've added a third gametype and fractured the playerbase I can't even load a single regular Apex match?

I've read so many people say that if you don't like a suggested gametype, then you don't have to play it. Well now I hope they add duos, quads, 8-man teams, and more, so then everyone else who wasn't happy with the core Apex gameplay can spend ten minutes waiting for matches too.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I've been able to get into ranked matches and solo matches, but no regular matches. So fuck solo mode and fuck ever getting duos. This time of the morning I'm able to get into matches immediately but now that they've added a third gametype and fractured the playerbase I can't even load a single regular Apex match?

I've read so many people say that if you don't like a suggested gametype, then you don't have to play it. Well now I hope they add duos, quads, 8-man teams, and more, so then everyone else who wasn't happy with the core Apex gameplay can spend ten minutes waiting for matches too.

Sounds like an issue that's specific to your region or server. I got into matches even faster than normal yesterday and I played for a few hours across all the modes - most likely due to a higher population during solos event.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Still not getting the playing with friends xp, which sucks. Two more wins and at least five top 5 games last night where I wasn't getting the full amount...

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About half of my deaths in Solo are caused by silent footsteps. I'm amazed Respawn still doesn't care enough to fix this.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Snuck in a few rounds of solo last night! Really, really fun. Only played a handful, best I did was #4 and a #2 finish. Lost my last 1v1 battle, ah well. Still, looking forward to playing some more of that.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm calling it a day. Literally every single Solo match today I died to silent footsteps, shots through wall, bullets not registering or other shenanigans like these. The upside is that knocking off challenges is pretty easy there, but it's a toxic cesspool full of exploiters and insulting little kids. Definitely not too much fun in the current state, more frustration than anything else.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like an issue that's specific to your region or server. I got into matches even faster than normal yesterday and I played for a few hours across all the modes - most likely due to a higher population during solos event.
Maybe, but I haven't had five-plus minute wait times for regular matches ever, even at 6AM here on the East Coast when I was trying to play. I've been getting on after work at 6 to do my dailies for a while now and can jump into matches just as quick as 9pm on a Friday night, but this morning it was taking as long as the Elite Queue matches started taking in the second week or so once no one was playing them anymore.

Some small news to take a bit of the sting away from the new skins being unobtainable without spending hundreds of dollars: The Octane Twitch Prime skin is live, and looks pretty cool.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just like I thought.

Loot wasn't rebalanced. Opened 3 chests, no guns. Went to next building, it had 3 shields.

Third partying is worse than squads.

But still feels fun and fresh.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
what's the next step in the iron crown challenge after getting top 5 25 times?

Im curious about this too. I want to know if its even worth pursuing of if the ones after are worse lol.
And I hope the last one isnt win a solo. I probably got the only win Ill ever get in solos last night.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Im curious about this too. I want to know if its even worth pursuing of if the ones after are worse lol.
And I hope the last one isnt win a solo. I probably got the only win Ill ever get in solos last night.

Wasn't the first tier win a solo game and the second get 25 top 5s? I'm still half way through that one.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already predicting that I'll get the RE-45 skin and the Mozambique skin to prepare myself for the absolute worst, lol.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen what the 3rd and 4th challenge tiers are after getting 25 top 5s? Hopefully nothing too crazy.

Reading that after the "50 Kills" challenge tier, it's get 5 kills in solo. Pretty easy.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Think I'm calling it a day. Literally every single Solo match today I died to silent footsteps, shots through wall, bullets not registering or other shenanigans like these. The upside is that knocking off challenges is pretty easy there, but it's a toxic cesspool full of exploiters and insulting little kids. Definitely not too much fun in the current state, more frustration than anything else.

Dude there's no way you are bumping into that many cheaters on console. I'm sorry. If you were on PC then I'd say sure but not on X1. Maybe you were just missing your shots? The silent footstep thing is apparently back again though from what people are saying.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude there's no way you are bumping into that many cheaters on console. I'm sorry. If you were on PC then I'd say sure but not on X1. Maybe you were just missing your shots? The silent footstep thing is apparently back again though from what people are saying.

Silent footsteps happens nearly all matches. The shooting through walls happens often with shotguns. Then there's the relatively specific exploits like the shooting while downed and such. I'm not saying I'm encountering dozens of hackers per match, but most are ruined or at least made harder by glitches and exploits. It is annoying.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Silent footsteps happens nearly all matches. The shooting through walls happens often with shotguns. Then there's the relatively specific exploits like the shooting while downed and such. I'm not saying I'm encountering dozens of hackers per match, but most are ruined or at least made harder by glitches and exploits. It is annoying.

Is the shotgun through the wall a real exploit? I genuinely wasn't aware of it but maybe it's a thing. In regards to my past statement here's why X1 is impossible to hack:

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
If I get another legendary mozambique skin in the event packs, I'm quitting the game forever.

Reminds me of me when I got a legendary P2020 skin (Death's Scepter) in a random pack, like...
But I was more laughing about it (with a bit of despair) than raging though, but yeah, I relate still. My P2020 skin is hella dope though, I always look super fly for a minute or two at the start of every game, so at least there's that, I guess.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Has anyone seen what the 3rd and 4th challenge tiers are after getting 25 top 5s? Hopefully nothing too crazy.

Reading that after the "50 Kills" challenge tier, it's get 5 kills in solo. Pretty easy.

I'd like to know this as well. I am about half way in top 5s, hopefully the final tier isn't too much of a grind.

On another topic I just got my first solo win. I had dual R99s fully purple on both. Didnt see anyone until the final ring and it was down to 3.

As it closed in, the other 2 engaged and I joined in for the win.

Felt a little cheap, but a win is a win.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Got in my first session of solo this morning, loving how it plays out so far and can see myself playing it if it goes perm' in the future. It's pretty freeing to be able to do YOLO-dumb-shit to knock out challenges without hampering teammates.

Last edited:

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I will say solo mode def has removed a lot of solo droppers and yolo players..for now at least. Me and my friend got way more good teamates on average and got 3 wins last night (which is good for our skill lol) b/c we actually got matched will decent people. And even the people we werent able to revive didnt disconnect and watched us win in some cases

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Solo mode just highlights how terrible I am in 1v1 situations :p

Same here, although I can take this as an opportunity to improve myself, cause I can really be inconsistent in 1V1, it's annoying. I recently managed to kill a team of 2 people by myself while I was totally solo, and that went smoothly, but then at other times I just get surprised, slightly panic and goof up/choke in lame ways. I hope the solo mode will stay just to use it as an exercise to improve myself when I'm in the mood to do so.

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of me when I got a legendary P2020 skin (Death's Scepter) in a random pack, like...
But I was more laughing about it (with a bit of despair) than raging though, but yeah, I relate still. My P2020 skin is hella dope though, I always look super fly for a minute or two at the start of every game, so at least there's that, I guess.
Haha ouch. My only first two legendary unlocks were a Caustic skin (I didn't have him unlocked at the time) and a mozambique skin.
I have only 2 legendary weapon skins from lootboxes from both battle passes worth and 100 levels. Both for the RE45 lol
Lol well at least that's a good weapon that is viable throughout.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's everyones solo character? I tried Path but he is honestly kind of slow in 1 on 1 situations. I lean toward Bangalore and I run into a lot of Octanes.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly going Octane (and managed to get my only win so far with him), but I wanna try Path at some point.
My main issue with Path is in squads its nice because you can move your team around, and the enemy fire is spread out among your team so you can zip on up to a building for a better flank.

But in solo's (at least on console) the grapple just isn;t as useful in a 1 on 1 fight compared to smoking or jump padding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.