• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to pick up two of the 1800 coin skins because they look great: Lifeline and Wraith. Got the one for Wattson as well from one of the free crates, I yet have to finish the other challenge. I am mostly good, there's some weapon skins I like and Pathfinder's skin is cool but I have the best looking stuff for my tastes right now.

Having said that, when are we getting a truly unique Bangalore skin? She is incredibly neglected, all her skins are surprisingly vanilla. Elsewhere we have pest doctor, unicorn skin, tribal stuff and all kinds of artistic shit, the most creative thing they did for her is throw a transparent helmet or sunglasses. Give her a good skin please, it's a character I use often and it's the last character that I don't have a truly peculiar skin for because one does not exist.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah I've been having decent success with Flatline. I'll pick it up almost every time in the early game since the "base" version of the gun without any attachments is quite strong.

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I decided to pick up two of the 1800 coin skins because they look great: Lifeline and Wraith. Got the one for Wattson as well from one of the free crates, I yet have to finish the other challenge. I am mostly good, there's some weapon skins I like and Pathfinder's skin is cool but I have the best looking stuff for my tastes right now.

Having said that, when are we getting a truly unique Bangalore skin? She is incredibly neglected, all her skins are surprisingly vanilla. Elsewhere we have pest doctor, unicorn skin, tribal stuff and all kinds of artistic shit, the most creative thing they did for her is throw a transparent helmet or sunglasses. Give her a good skin please, it's a character I use often and it's the last character that I don't have a truly peculiar skin for because one does not exist.

You didn't like her wild hunt skin? I thought she had the best one from that event. Of course you could only pay to get it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You didn't like her wild hunt skin. I thought she had the best one from that event. Of course you could only pay to get it.

It wasn't bad but they still played it surprisingly safe considering some of the other stuff from that event (Wraith's skin was amazing, for example). It feels like they took no risks with her character yet, which is strange because they went all kinds of places with any other character. Was just changing some of my skins earlier today and I was very satisfied to have a very unique looking skin for each character - but even looking at the gold skins I don't have on Bangalore along with what I own, she just doesn't have anything I find exciting yet. When they throw in a truly great skin, that's probably gonna be an easy 1800 coins from me as I use her a fair lot.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have enough mats to craft my own legendary, but I have no idea what I even want to use them on. :(

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It wasn't bad but they still played it surprisingly safe considering some of the other stuff from that event (Wraith's skin was amazing, for example). It feels like they took no risks with her character yet, which is strange because they went all kinds of places with any other character. Was just changing some of my skins earlier today and I was very satisfied to have a very unique looking skin for each character - but even looking at the gold skins I don't have on Bangalore along with what I own, she just doesn't have anything I find exciting yet. When they throw in a truly great skin, that's probably gonna be an easy 1800 coins from me as I use her a fair lot.

I'd like to see a Men in Black suit type skin for her personally. Also, where is my cricket gun skin for the Wingman, Respawn?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another one of those "peak Apex" matches.

Ranked, we land on the north of the map, two of us get downed and killed quick but the third Octane comes to the rescue and picks up both banners. The other teammate leaves the match. He revives me well outside of the circle, we barely make it close to it when we get ambushed by a team of 3. He dies, I don't stick around and use a balloon to GTFO because saving him is impossible, especially with the post-banner shit loot. Guy then proceeds to try and tell me where to go, what to do, full of "what the fuck are you doing" "where are you going wtf", with good tips like picking up a gold deathbox with the circle soon to be eating me up inside a house full of traps and possibly people. When I don't pick that crate up he proceeds to insult me and quit the match. Since it's ranked and I have meh loot I'm kinda forced to play hide and seek until the end, where I get a kill in the top 3 battle but I only walk away with a second place. And then the server crashes, but at least my result is safe.

Again, peak Apex.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
For someone who didnt fancy solo, I am going to be disappointed when it goes.

I hope Respawn evaluate it, perhaps make some tweaks, and it will become standard in Season 3.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Anyone have an updated weapon tier list?

Haven't played since May or so.
Yeah I'd like to see this too.

Not an explicit tier list but a good idea:

Basically R99 with extended mag and fully kitted is still Top tier. So is Mastiff, Devotion with a turbocharger and the kraber. You have a lot more options now though thanks stuff like hammerpt rounds for the p2020 and disruptor for alternator but stuff like r99 is just extremely good in any situation where you have an extended mag for it. 301 still really good, spitfire not as good but still solid. Mozambique still instant throwaway if you find something else. RE-45 with disruptor is slept on. Longbow with barrel attachments is also really good now if you like sniping. Respawn did a lot to make sniping feel better since spring.

Flatline is much better now too. IIRC it's the highest dmg per shot AR? but it's rough outside of medium to short range which is why you don't see a lot of ppl hold on to it. Ppl are really used to lasering ppl with the 301 from stupid ranges. Basically good early game and then late game again.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
1,600+ games and I finally got my first hammer badge. All it took was running duo the whole game, reviving off a gold knockdown, and getting Kraber'd in the head. Psyched!

ioaXgKn.gif

Ignore that start...haha:

Sophie

Oct 28, 2017
Not an explicit tier list but a good idea:

Basically R99 with extended mag and fully kitted is still Top tier. So is Mastiff, Devotion with a turbocharger and the kraber. You have a lot more options now though thanks stuff like hammerpt rounds for the p2020 and disruptor for alternator but stuff like r99 is just extremely good in any situation where you have an extended mag for it. 301 still really good, spitfire not as good but still solid. Mozambique still instant throwaway if you find something else. RE-45 with disruptor is slept on. Longbow with barrel attachments is also really good now if you like sniping. Respawn did a lot to make sniping feel better since spring.

Flatline is much better now too. IIRC it's the highest dmg per shot AR? but it's rough outside of medium to short range which is why you don't see a lot of ppl hold on to it. Ppl are really used to lasering ppl with the 301 from stupid ranges. Basically good early game and then late game again.
Bless you!

Always loved the Flatline honestly, it just felt much better for me to use than a lot of other alternatives.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
a lot of that list seems absolutely nuts to me. prowler over alternator? devotion over spitfire? p2020 over re45? i can't tell whether it's assuming everything is fully kitted or not, but either way, what on earth

i don't think tier lists really make sense in this kind of game in general rn. r99 is nutso, longbow is nutso, pretty much everything is in a good place

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Yeah like I said it feels like we have a ton more options now than we did at launch. It's comes down to what you can find/corpse loot and what you feel comfortable with. R99 is pretty much always a pick up for me if I already have at least a blue light mag, I'll even drop a 301 for it.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Any list of popular loadouts thats pumping the Prowler is to be viewed with suspicion. Hate that gun as it needs a purple stock and selectfire to even exist as a viable thing in a fight.

They nerfed the Spitfire way too much where now I avoid it and grab a Flatline instead.

Have yet to be in a situation where I've found the P2020's new use, while I definitely use RE45 and Alternator with Disruptor rounds a lot.

Been playing less as I feel the incentive of getting to Diamond League and winning a Dive Trail is becoming more and more unlikely for me as Platinum League is ABSOLUTE MISERY.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Lowered my FOV even more to 78 from 94. Getting noticeably more kills and aiming feels better. Game is also smoother too overall.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I personally thought that her S2 battlepass skin, and her Legendary Hunt skin were actually pretty dope, tbh. Also her dinosaur Twitch Prime one is pretty cute and fun too. Although those are blue & purple tiered skins, not gold/legendary one (EDIT: actually the Legendary Hunt one -Outland Warrior- is a legendary one, my bad), so as someone who was whining about Lifeline getting shitty skins and being totally ignored before the Iron Crown event happened, I totally relate.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Bangalore was the only character to get a Legendary skin in the first season, the Wakanda inspired one. The SWAT skin is her only one that I like, so I got it a couple months back. I enjoyed playing her the most in the beginning but sadly, not so much anymore.

At this point I have a Legendary skin for all Legends except for Mirage and almost all of the weapons I like using, so I think I'm set with cosmetics now. Especially if they keep releasing one new character and weapon per season while giving us crafting materials for two Legendary skins (Belgium).

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I personally thought that her S2 battlepass skin, and her Legendary Hunt skin were actually pretty dope, tbh. Also her dinosaur Twitch Prime one is pretty cute and fun too. Although those are blue & purple tiered skins, not gold/legendary one (EDIT: actually the Legendary Hunt -Outland Warrior- one is a legendary one, my bad), so as someone who was whining about Lifeline getting shitty skins before the Iron Crown event happened, I totally relate.

Since she's the weapons expert, they need to do a GI Jane (Demi Moore) inspired skin for Bang where she looks like a total badass and give her a shaved head. Her haircut now looks like a cinnabon. It takes away from her badass nature. Maybe give her the same haircut Linda Hamilton in Terminator or something.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Bangalore was the only character to get a Legendary skin in the first season, the Wakanda inspired one. The SWAT skin is her only one that I like, so I got it a couple months back. I enjoyed playing her the most in the beginning but sadly, not so much anymore.

Not just Bangalore got a Legendary skin in the first season though, Wraith also got a free one too during the Legendary Hunt event, one that probably everybody has, but I still always use because I love it a lot. I personally don't like any of Bangalore's base game Legendary skins so I'm not even bothering with those. The S2 battlepass one is pretty enough for me at the moment, but I wouldn't mind a real lovely unique Legendary one at some point too.

Since she's the weapons expert, they need to do a GI Jane (Demi Moore) inspired skin for Bang where she looks like a total badass and give her a shaved head. Her haircut now looks like a cinnabon. It takes away from her badass nature. Maybe give her the same haircut Linda Hamilton in Terminator or something.

I browsed ArtStation a bit earlier today and discovered gems posted by Respawn devs there. On the Bangalore 3D character design, you can clearly see on the photo references board that she's heavily inspired from Dominique Tipper (The Expanse) and she has that kind of haircut with the curly hair. I think Dominique is hella gorgeous and badass (and a friend of mine I play with, totally loves her and has Bangalore as favorite character as a result, although he didn't know the devs were directly inspired from Dominique to create Bangalore, so that's cute). Bangalore to me is already hella plenty badass, and I love her hair the way it's done, she's a black woman, and her black hair is amazing. They even added braids on her Outland Warrior skin, and it's little details like that that really make me love the game even more. You can feel the love.

@Respawn: If you're reading this, please do an Art Dump of the Iron Crown skins on ArtStation, I need it, for purposes (especially Lifeline & Wattson ones). Like making a new avatar. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Not just Bangalore got a Legendary skin in the first season though, Wraith also got a free one too during the Legendary Hunt event, one that probably everybody has, but I still always use because I love it a lot.

Ah yes, I forgot about that one because they gave it out to all battle pass owners. I liked it as well and used it on Wraith until I got the one from this event from a pack. I meant the Bangalore one was the only Legendary that you could buy during that event. All the other characters except Bangalore, Gibraltar and Wraith had Epic skins available, instead. Gibby was the only one that got shafted and didn't get anything, but they made up for it with the nice one from this event!

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
man, my skills are all over the place. i can get wiped out game and after game within the first 3 mins maybe getting 2-3 kills or 0 and then have a games where im 9+ kills with almost or hitting 2k dmg destroying all squads who see me.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
man, my skills are all over the place. i can get wiped out game and after game within the first 3 mins maybe getting 2-3 kills or 0 and then have a games where im 9+ kills with almost or hitting 2k dmg destroying all squads who see me.

Lmao yeah, sometimes shit is just all over the place. Just now had a Caustic game where I couldn't hit a fucking barn door with automatic weapons and right after that did an R-99/Prowler game with Wraith that I ended with 13 kills and 2300 damage dealt. And a victory. Even had someone spectate me for the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game which felt good, cause they probably thought I was cheating lol.

Also got my second (and last) event lootbox which gave me the legendary skin for Wraith. I don't play as her much, but it's one of the cooler skins, so I'm happy with it.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone played with the new nVidia stuff on PC?

The new low latency mode set to turbo makes my game feel significantly smoother. I always had 60fps but it feels way less hitchy now. The sharpening filter really cuts through the temporal AA as well, results in a really clear image. Recommend trying both.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did like 40 headshots today, the game counted a whoppin 6. I am losing my patience honestly, it's just tiring to keep pushing on when half of the game's functions simply do not work.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Finally got my first free Iron Crown pack today.

Lifeline's Music

Fuck

While I'm certain I'll get the 25k damage one as well, my struggle now is that I probably won't have time to finish it before the Gib skin leaves the store, and that's the only one I really wanted...

Last edited:

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Decided screw it and I bought 1,000 coins to get one more of the event packs. Got super lucky and got the Pathfinder skin, exactly what I wanted!

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Finally got my first free Iron Crown pack today.

Lifeline's Music

Fuck

While I'm certain I'll get the 25k damage one as well, my struggle now is that I probably won't have time to finish it before the Gib skin leaves the store, and that's the only one I really wanted...
Wait how did you 20 dailies, but not 25k dmg already? (´・ω・`)?

Decided screw it and I bought 1,000 coins to get one more of the event packs. Got super lucky and got the Pathfinder skin, exactly what I wanted!
Well i guess you used all your luck for the rest of the year ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Im so jealous!!

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wait how did you 20 dailies, but not 25k dmg already? (´・ω・`)?

Well i guess you used all your luck for the rest of the year ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Im so jealous!!
Haha yep, I'm not expecting anything else. I got the Bloodhound skin from one of my free packs, but I hardly play him and don't like playing him at all. Guess I can't really complain about that, though. Especially now, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
  • 1 execution as Gibraltar
  • 2 kills with Beast of the Hunt active as Bloodhound
  • 2 kills with care package weapons in a match

fuck the daily challenges sometimes

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
My fav is when its within the first thirty seconds of a solo game , you're forced to engage and you see those purple number appear. Right then I start a small prayer and hope it's a newbie, lol

I land at the Pit with someone but they're closer to the middle and grab the blue armour. I run and pick up the first weapon I see which is a Longbow. We start shooting at each other and I get one headshot and one other hit. I fail to get the last hit necessary and then a third party runs in and kills us both.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
hmm im at 90 right now and ill try you're recommendation too!

Here's what I think is happening on console - when you set the FOV too high it affects performance and I believe the way the engine works is that framerate is tied to controller input. (I think I read this somewhere back when I was playing titanfall but someone correct me if I'm wrong). So if you're getting worse performance it could be affecting your shooting in that regard.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
It's not just a Titanfall/Apex thing. Even on PC frame timing is important. You want stable high frames yes, absolutely, but consistent frame timing is just as important. Cosistent frame timing coupled with a stable fps should equal a much better "feeling" game.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Here's what I think is happening on console - when you set the FOV too high it affects performance and I believe the way the engine works is that framerate is tied to controller input. (I think I read this somewhere back when I was playing titanfall but someone correct me if I'm wrong). So if you're getting worse performance it could be affecting your shooting in that regard.
makes sense when you say that. i did notice that when i had my fov at 90 i did experience hick ups time to time.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finally reached level 110 on the battlepass. I can now rest easy and enter gently into that good night.

XzqYUHo.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.