• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
What other loot variety would you expect a shotty/sniper mode to have?

I didn't say it should be different, just that it doesn't work for me at all. It does change things a lot more than solo, especially with the lack of armor and shields. Looting is obviously a big part of the game, and searching a bunch of rooms (half of them empty) with the most repetitive and unexciting shit in it ain't doing it for me. Neither is losing the shield I found after painstakingly combing through the map for 10 minutes after a shitty sniper shot, with no way to get it back up.

Like I said it's fine since there's only a badge to be won in this, but I expected to like it since longbow/peacekeeper is pretty much my favorite combo.

Edit : Btw was the shotty/shitty typo intentional ? lol

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I didn't say it should be different, just that it doesn't work for me at all. It does change things a lot more than solo, especially with the lack of armor and shields. Looting is obviously a big part of the game, and searching a bunch of rooms (half of them empty) with the most repetitive and unexciting shit in it ain't doing it for me. Neither is losing the shield I found after painstakingly combing through the map for 10 minutes after a shitty sniper shot, with no way to get it back up.

Like I said it's fine since there's only a badge to be won in this, but I expected to like it since longbow/peacekeeper is pretty much my favorite combo.
That's fair.

I'm a big fan of the lower TTK and the scarcity of supplies but I get it. I'm also a huge longbow/peacekeeper stan, and I like that I can get my hands on them more often in this mode.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be curious if they put like 3 automatic rifles within shotty/sniper mode if that would make things crazy. You would be a target but you could catch people off guard for sure.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
Finally hit Diamond today...think I'm done with ranked until next season. New mode is super fun. But I'm ready for season 3 and crypto

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
How dare you call me out in broad daylight like that? I wasn't prepared.

Empties an entire Spitfire clip..."Wait, what? Why the hell am I reloading a purple mag Spitfire and this guy is still shooting me?"

Hmmm, let's see here. Maybe because I WHIFFED 75% of the entire clip?

The other classic move is when I do the same thing above except while I'm reloading my random team mate who's across the map manages to peg them with one bullet from a G7 scout to finish them.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Not a fan of skulltown but at least you get 15-30 seconds of looting before the fireworks commence, along with other strategy options (do i crawl through the houses or stay on the rooftops?) Wraith's lab just feels like a bad Quake arena where half of you wont have weapons

I don't think there's a more insane way to begin a BR match then to go down the vortex into the lab. It's like a time warp directly back to the loading lobby.

They should make it so that if you get knocked and manage to crawl back into the vortex that is revives you by the time you fly back out again.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game has issues 6 months down the line that it shouldn't have had at launch. Not really a "lul gamers amirite" moment.

Yep. I mean, I have fun with the game, otherwise I would not be here 7 months in. But the fact I still get server errors, there's still inconsistent hit detection, there's still audio cutting off with footsteps and shots among other things... it's a bit disheartening that they got no closer to solving these issues, while other arguably less important things already got addressed. I know it's not the same areas of the dev team working on technical aspects and content, and the fact a new mode takes (random guess) 2 weeks to implement doesn't mean that solving these issues takes the same time or effort. But still, considering they also launched Ranked it's stupid that some very serious issues still are nowhere near to getting solved, because as someone who likes to walk slow in battles until I am not discovered, every audio cue counts, and if they cut out and I get jumped, that's an L (especially in ranked) that fucking sucks as I could not do a whole lot about it, considering it's the game itself that glitched.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yep. I mean, I have fun with the game, otherwise I would not be here 7 months in. But the fact I still get server errors, there's still inconsistent hit detection, there's still audio cutting off with footsteps and shots among other things... it's a bit disheartening that they got no closer to solving these issues, while other arguably less important things already got addressed. I know it's not the same areas of the dev team working on technical aspects and content, and the fact a new mode takes (random guess) 2 weeks to implement doesn't mean that solving these issues takes the same time or effort. But still, considering they also launched Ranked it's stupid that some very serious issues still are nowhere near to getting solved, because as someone who likes to walk slow in battles until I am not discovered, every audio cue counts, and if they cut out and I get jumped, that's an L (especially in ranked) that fucking sucks as I could not do a whole lot about it, considering it's the game itself that glitched.

Bugs aside, I still love playing this game 5 months after launch. By this point I was already getting tired of Blackout by comparison.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I unlocked the first G7 event skin by doing dailies, the second one for 14 more dailies is a recolor and looks like this:

4FTXwWW.png

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Did they increase the drop rate for gold weapons because I've seen and picked up quite a few. Wiped a whole squad with a gold Triple Take.

It's been more plentiful for me than white shields.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Bugs aside, I still love playing this game 5 months after launch. By this point I was already getting tired of Blackout by comparison.

This is the longest I've stuck with a multiplayer game since Counter-Strike Source or Halo Reach. Sort of tells me that maybe having tons of unlockables and progression and so on is actually detrimental to my enjoyment of online shooters.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
This is the longest I've stuck with a multiplayer game since Counter-Strike Source or Halo Reach. Sort of tells me that maybe having tons of unlockables and progression and so on is actually detrimental to my enjoyment of online shooters.
IDK, is it though? Because when you hit Diamond and with no Solos I feel this game is not getting much playtime at all. I absolutely hate the event, the regular servers are beyond trash with people dead within seconds in a regular drop, and Diamonds are basically sleeper mode with randoms against Predators and what not half the time. I don't see how this game is so far ahead of a game I really enjoyed like BF1 or whatever. I'd say in fact it's pretty far behind. Yeah, solos could definitely bring my enjoyment up a bit, but it's not like I'm reaching to play this for three hours a day anymore.

If you ask em there are some pretty huge issues with the game. Ranked has simply cut off a lot of good players that no longer really touch regular servers, leading to regulars just becoming a joke. The whole system needs to be redone. Maybe some people are just over the moon with this event, but it doesn't seem like it to me outside of sniper fans. And now they buff the TT so it can compete with longbow a bit more, just seems like more fun for Diamond... not.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

What??? All I'm saying is that none of the three offer what some would call "meaningful progression", i.e. there are no endless weapons and attachments and other actually functional stuff to unlock by playing and grinding levels - gameplay-wise, you'll have the exact same tools at your disposal from the very beginning, and I'm starting to realize that maybe that's the reason I tend to drop your Call of Duties and what have you after prestiging once or twice. The game becomes all about unlocking stuff, and when you can't unlock new stuff, it gets boring.

Don't give a flying fuck about ranked matchmaking or any of that stuff. I'm talking purely about my own experiences here so I don't know what you're going on about.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
What??? All I'm saying is that none of the three offer what some would call "meaningful progression", i.e. there are no endless weapons and attachments and other actually functional stuff to unlock by playing and grinding levels - gameplay-wise, you'll have the exact same tools at your disposal from the very beginning, and I'm starting to realize that maybe that's the reason I tend to drop your Call of Duties and what have you after prestiging once or twice. The game becomes all about unlocking stuff, and when you can't unlock new stuff, it gets boring.

Don't give a flying fuck about ranked matchmaking or any of that stuff. I'm talking purely about my own experiences here so I don't know what you're going on about.
I'm going on about my own experience playing the game, which doesn't match yours. I don't play yearly call of duties, but there is nothing left to do in this game, and it's getting stale. I'm not sure what you don't understand about the post. If you like trash regular servers where a teammate dials out within 30 seconds every game and that's your bag hey more power to ya.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure what you don't understand about the post.

I don't know what prompted you to make a yet another "well, I think it's shit" post, especially one starting with such a strange question, addressed directly at me when I didn't even really say anything about the game other than that I've stuck with it for a long time now.

If you like trash regular servers where a teammate dials out within 30 seconds every game and that's your bag hey more power to ya.

I mean, that hasn't been my experience, but clearly that doesn't matter at this point

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I don't know what prompted you to make a yet another "well, I think it's shit" post, especially one starting with such a strange question, addressed directly at me when I didn't even really say anything about the game other than that I've stuck with it for a long time now.

I mean, that hasn't been my experience, but clearly that doesn't matter at this point
What prompted me is exactly what I told you in the post. Unlocking good skins and new DLC kept me in a game like BF1. This game has almost nothing new for people, so a lot just depends on S3 being amazing. S2 was a total shitshow for the first straight month with technical issues everywhere, but I guess people are somehow trying to remember a different game now. It's settled down a bit now, but the rosy outlook on this season is fairly preposterous if you ask me. I guess if you have your head in the sand and forget about all the code leafs, audio issues, imbalances, disconnects, trash players leaving, poor ranked, poor hit detection, fleecing solo mode store, et cetera. This game sure does get a pass for everything on this site lol.

That's not your experience in regular servers lol. RIGHT. Apparently, you just fly with all the special randoms.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
IDK, is it though? Because when you hit Diamond and with no Solos I feel this game is not getting much playtime at all. I absolutely hate the event, the regular servers are beyond trash with people dead within seconds in a regular drop, and Diamonds are basically sleeper mode with randoms against Predators and what not half the time. I don't see how this game is so far ahead of a game I really enjoyed like BF1 or whatever. I'd say in fact it's pretty far behind. Yeah, solos could definitely bring my enjoyment up a bit, but it's not like I'm reaching to play this for three hours a day anymore.

If you ask em there are some pretty huge issues with the game. Ranked has simply cut off a lot of good players that no longer really touch regular servers, leading to regulars just becoming a joke. The whole system needs to be redone. Maybe some people are just over the moon with this event, but it doesn't seem like it to me outside of sniper fans. And now they buff the TT so it can compete with longbow a bit more, just seems like more fun for Diamond... not.

As said before.. maybe the game is not for you. All servers seem packed for each game mode and you can quickly get into matches. Yes I think the new event will have more players and success than solos did. I'm sure the data from other BRs will be a similar trend as here. Solos is always the least played mode. I don't mind solos in br but for this game and the upcoming rumored legends planned it makes no sense since they definitely seem to be set up for team play. Just a waste of resources catering to something that should be a rotating event.

People are buying skins cause I see them all the time in matches and have heard people comment on purchasing packs and gear. They love leveling up the BP and unlocking things. Here and even in matches people are still thinking of buying the BP just to get items. It is a thing that causes people to consistently play. The loot cycle is real and people want itemization and cosmetics. They like the challenges and it adds to the gameplay and feel of achievement if your not always winning. BRs is strange since ultimately you lose unless you place first. It almost needs added goals to strive for (damage, challenges, etc). Speaking of that it would be great if they had some weekly leaderboards (kills, damage, revives, banner grabs) that displayed within the map for people in that server

Honestly all BRs have bugs and this has probably the fewest and plays the smoothest if them. No BR out has perfect gameplay. Audio bugs are commen complaints; however I feel headphones help immensely with this. Hit detection is also a common complaint across brs. I think some of the bugs in Apex will be reduced but some of these challenges every game faces even ones that have been out way longer than apex.

I'm not sure where you are going with the severed server complaint but then always want a permanent solos queue. That will just break it up more going by your initial complaint... I'm sure new or casual players could care less about high ranked players only wanting to play ranked and not joining the regular queue.. really? They probably prefer having them out of the servers as they try to learn. I'll play ranked if after playing a few casual matches ends up being a mess to separate myself from the nonsense that occurs more frequently in casual play. Ranked typically has mics, players play until squads are eliminated, teammates will attempt to grab banners when it makes sense and finally ranked mode is a little more serious than just run into battles with no plan. It's not like any of the queues are hurting for players since you get into matches instantly or within a minute.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
No way in hell this mode is more popular than solos lol. I hardly see anybody playing this mode on my list, and the reddit is subdued as all hell. Yeah, people will pay for the skins. There are more decent skins for fair prices this time. That means nothing. It's pretty obvious solos is going to be a very popular option when it comes permanently as it no doubt will do.

I hear everybody always trying to say solos is the least populated mode and all that jazz, which is mostly BS. Show me some numbers in Apex that says it was a low populated mode. Of course it doesn't have trios teaming up, but that doesn't mean it is low on the population scale. I've seen numerous complaints about this new game mode on the reddit. Highly doubt it is more popular overall with what I am seeing. Seems to be very little hype about it. I am sure it is getting a lot of plays, but I can't see a sniper shotty mode doing outrageous business considering few randoms even snipe.

In fact, I don't think any other BR has had as many complaints about toxic teammates as this one, which was the whole reason solos came in the first place and it was the MOST requested feature of the community. I think a shotty and snipe mode didn't even register because nobody wanted it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've played probably a fair bit more than you, and you are trying to tell me regular servers with random teammates is all good and great? Nah man. I've played it enough to know differently. It's not a question of experience when basically everyone's experience is the same. There are memes on all the reddits because

Nope, I'm telling you my experience with regular servers has been positive, which you would know if you actually read what I said. I've put about 250 hours into the game according to Origin.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
That's funny you said everyone on your list stopped playing Apex! Guess they came back around? I get into the sniper/shotgun mode so fast I don't think it's unpopular at all. It's honestly not fun than solos to me. I like the struggle for items and the quick ttk in it. It's more of a change of pace than solos was.

As I said in OTHER BRs the trend has always been the player count decreased when you hit solos. I'm not digging up old tweets but developers commented on this for blackout and why solos never got special events. I wanted a solo sniper only mode in that game but that was the reasoning they gave. It was comen in blackout and other br data they saw. Basically they said even solo players queue for party modes over solo modes in large numbers.

Apex may get solo permanently but I don't see any resources or balancing put towards it. It's not going to be even close to the most played mode and why limit resources to it with a substantial roadmap they already have in place for legends built around team and group play.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
is the new mode fun? havent tried it yet

With monster hunter tomorrow, i might drop apex for a bit

If you're a sniper fan yes. You get awesome shootouts.
If you're not a fan of em; it's just the regular game with much much less loot and not as fun.
I dip in for sniper/shotty challenges and to work on my sniping since its on the mediocre side, as opposed to the thrill I felt with solo's and the base game tbh

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

It's enjoyable and the time to kill is low due to the lack of shields and helmets. Only white shields are available and they are rare. Same with batteries and med supplies. I feel lifeline is big throughout the match due to this. One article said they made the mode into everyone being glad cannons. I think overall the event is positive though especially with the items and unlocks.

It's really up to if you like struggling for items and are interested in sniping. Third partying feels extreme due to people rushing with shotguns but if you are in the open it's almost like you can get fourth partied from distance due to everyone also having a sniper rifle. You almost need a Bangalore to loot in the open.

They also have scattered around a fair amount of gold guns along with the Kraber and Mastiff lootable outside of supply drops.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Did they increase the drop rate for gold weapons because I've seen and picked up quite a few. Wiped a whole squad with a gold Triple Take.

It's been more plentiful for me than white shields.

Yeah they had to have. I dropped in a zone and got a gold peacekeeper AND a gold triple take right away. Never got armor tho ha

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, I'm telling you my experience with regular servers has been positive, which you would know if you actually read what I said. I've put about 250 hours into the game according to Origin.
Your opinion doesn't count because you are not a top tier apex gamer with the knowledge of how the game is meant to be played and enjoyed.

Basically this.

ohfexk5geu731.jpg

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i remember dropping right on top of a mastiff, down a squad but then get sniped right after :(

10/10 i'd do it again.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
i remember dropping right on top of a mastiff, down a squad but then get sniped right after :(

10/10 i'd do it again.

Haha. I died in a display of chaos within the lab. At least 5 other groups were in there and my match ended within a minute.

Post match survey I said I enjoyed. I think I shouldn't have choose that if they are developing content from a match like that.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017

I like it. Lower time to kill and reduced shields are a nice change of pace.

Funnily enough I don't think the weapon restrictions matter much and snipers would've probably dominated anyway with the armor and shield changes.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Haha. I died in a display of chaos within the lab. At least 5 other groups were in there and my match ended within a minute.

Post match survey I said I enjoyed. I think I shouldn't have choose that if they are developing content from a match like that.
yeah, ive a LOT of matches where i just drop, find no weapon, turn a corner and get insta dropped by a peacekeeper. plenty of games that are over within a minute.

im just glad it doesnt take that long to get back into one.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Well I have heard the PC base is a little bit different in that regard but I still have my doubts. Consoles is what most of what I am saying applies to. I only play the PS4 version, though, I have dipped in the PC version from time to time. I would say definitely the PS4 version is worse. A mouse probably makes even a bad player better than a bad console player. That still doesn't solve most of my issues though. Plus it doesn't help that a lot of people simply aren't playing anymore after hitting Diamond or Plat. It just leaves you with a lot more randomly bad players in regular servers. Especially on PS4 where there are plenteous children about.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

My last two big online shooters were Overwatch and Titanfall 1 (hated Titanfall 2 MP, personally).

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I was respawning a teammate (for the second time) and got headshot by a Kraber. I had a helmet, but 297 damage is crazy lol.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Today is the first day since I started playing this game that was utter garbage. Every match my squad lasted less than 2 minutes. I was never the jumpmaster and my team always landed in a stupid place and got decimated. Arrghh.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked the first G7 event skin by doing dailies, the second one for 14 more dailies is a recolor and looks like this:

4FTXwWW.png

Thanks, I was curious. Something to work toward while I grind out headshots for 30 materials, I guess...haha.

I like the Wolfpack skin for the G7 from the previous event more, tbh. Not sure why they went with another G7 event skin.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
There have been several games the last few nights where I've had to ask the friends I'm playing with if anyone is nearby on initial landings because I have no audio.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Gotta admit, the new mode sucks a lot less when you start winning ! Who would've thought.

But really it was about playing aggressively mostly. Can't care about the boring loot when you're constantly engaging. Ended up with 7 and 9 kills wins, felt great.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Caustic is so much fun and I'm fully in the swing of using his kit now. I take ult accelerants constantly and pretty much have his ult ready to go at a moments notice.

We found two teams fighting on the bottom level of the supply ship yesterday. I zipped up there and chucked my ult right into them as they were looting,. I then blocked them with canisters so they couldn't leave while me and my team mate mowed them all down. So dirty. Muahahahahaha (evil laugh).

Also - his canisters are often enough to knock an opponent if you manage to get them low enough and just need that extra little push. Very useful for skulltown fights.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Can Caustic throw his cans or do you have to plant them? Dude massacred my team in a room that we were lying in wait in last night.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
He can throw his ult pretty far and he can chuck his cans in the air in a small arc. You can throw it on roofs of small buildings from the ground.

The mad man is too dangerous. I will unlock him next!

I wish we could throw Gibraltar's ult further, honestly it's weird how close you're ordering an aerial bombardment.

Status
Not open for further replies.