• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The mad man is too dangerous. I will unlock him next!

I wish we could throw Gibraltar's ult further, honestly it's weird how close you're ordering an aerial bombardment.
It's already brutal as-is, and it's technically called Defensive Bombardment. If you could really chuck it, it would be way too easy to rain down hurt on distant fighting enemies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caustic is so much fun and I'm fully in the swing of using his kit now. I take ult accelerants constantly and pretty much have his ult ready to go at a moments notice.

We found two teams fighting on the bottom level of the supply ship yesterday. I zipped up there and chucked my ult right into them as they were looting,. I then blocked them with canisters so they couldn't leave while me and my team mate mowed them all down. So dirty. Muahahahahaha (evil laugh).

Also - his canisters are often enough to knock an opponent if you manage to get them low enough and just need that extra little push. Very useful for skulltown fights.

The high level play for Caustic is to use his traps as pop up cover. I remember seeing a clip where a guy 1 v 3'd as Caustic and won. He would pop a trap, shoot it to trigger the smoke, giving him more visual cover and allowing him to see enemies through it. And then he would duck behind the canisters for cover.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The high level play for Caustic is to use his traps as pop up cover. I remember seeing a clip where a guy 1 v 3'd as Caustic and won. He would pop a trap, shoot it to trigger the smoke, giving him more visual cover and allowing him to see enemies through it. And then he would duck behind the canisters for cover.

Shhhhhhhhhh

Don't tell 'em :P

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I have been enjoying the new mode tbh, my sniper game definitely improved I think, although it will probably always remain in the top tier garbage, but hey, improvement still! As for the event challenges, I have completed all of them, except the 14 dailies one.

I'm a bit disappointed at the rewards, they're a bit weak, especially if you compare them to the Legendary Hunt event which gave us one legendary character skin (Wraith Night Terror), two legendary weapon skins (R301 Honored Prey & Triple Take Tamed Beast), one epic character skin (Bloodhound Epic Master of the Hunt) and even one rare weapon skin on top of it (G7 Scout Wolfpack). This event is only giving us two weapon skins, 1 rare and 1 epic, all for the G7 Scout that I honestly couldn't care less about (one of my least used gun ever), and that's... it. That's honestly so meager and miserable. I don't care much for the loading screen and loading music, it's nice to have them, I guess, but it's just endless distractions from getting actual proper in-game skins of characters/guns to me. It's slightly better than getting a kill stat tracker though, but not by much.

I bought that Lifeline skin though, cause for a rare skin, it looks dope and it's not expensive at all. We love a goth redhead Lifeline, yes!

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Holy shit. Trying this today for sure.

BREATHE IT IN.....

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
now i want to do this with every encounter, even if i have to use my fistycuffs!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Now that I think of it, I looted the gold body shield several times today, which made me curious about what their special legendary skill was, because I always forget it because it's so useless. And it's "performing a finisher move will fully replenish the shield" and I'm left wondering if anybody, in the entire world, ever used that special legendary power? Cause that sure as hell sounds extremely dependent on luck and situation, and performing a finishing move is sure damn risky as it is. I mean, look at us (rightfully) moan and whine when it is one of our daily challenges, I can't imagine anyone putting themselves in a weak and dangerous position in order to replenish their gold body shield by performing a finishing move. Popping a battery is, by far, the very best option here (and doesn't even take as long). I sure as hell have never ever seen anyone use that special legendary skill, either in my own games, or while watching streamers & pro-players. Which makes the gold body shield very useless as is, just equal to the purple one.

I wished Respawn would rework that, and make it truly worthwhile to have a gold body shield, cause not only it is useless as is, it also puts a mark on you whenever people hit you, they're more thirsty than usual to kill you then (even though they'll most likely never use its special legendary power ever, the irony isn't lost on me here). I know people who downright never want to loot them precisely because of that (unusable special skill + puts a target on your back = NO TY BYE). The gold backpack and helmet are amazing, the gold knockdown shield can be hella useful depending on situation, but the gold body shield is just... a joke, honestly.

Picked up a gold G7 which was great until I tried to snipe at 10x. Holy bullet drop Batman.

Same. I appreciate how often you can loot gold weapons (it seems more often than in normal mode) but damn, when you loot a gold sniper rifle and nothing else, and have to fight short range, this is a complete nightmare. I often drop it as soon as I can cause them scopes are the end of me. I'd rather get a fully kitted Longbow with a 2x blue scope. Although, occasionally, when the situation was right, I enjoyed having a gold sniper rifle and have definitely been a long-range annoyance to many people. But it's rare, Apex's map doesn't offer a lot of opportunities where those would be optimal to use.

Last edited:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
On the Gold shield, here is one time it actually saved my life and secured the win!

It is very situational though, I agree it needs a re-think.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I would like them to give the gold backpack effect to the gold armor. It'd be nice to visually see the yellow armor numbers and know that person is capable of healing quickly. It's already by far the strongest item, but it gets even stronger by not knowing if a person has the capability to fast heal or not.

Of course then the backpack is whatever, unless they make it so it could stack more in each slot or something.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like them to give the gold backpack effect to the gold armor. It'd be nice to visually see the yellow armor numbers and know that person is capable of healing quickly. It's already by far the strongest item, but it gets even stronger by not knowing if a person has the capability to fast heal or not.

Of course then the backpack is whatever, unless they make it so it could stack more in each slot or something.
I'd be in on this.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Anybody getting Game Logic errors? First time ever I'm having them and ugh, they are so weird, and annoying to get rid of (needs a reboot, sometimes several ones). That plus not being able to pick Octane & Wattson on some game, because they appeared locked. What the hell is going on with them servers, a proper meltdown is happening. Thoughts and prayers to those poor devs who will have to do overtime in the weekend to fix this ASAP.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Anybody getting Game Logic errors? First time ever I'm having them and ugh, they are so weird, and annoying to get rid of (needs a reboot, sometimes several ones). That plus not being able to pick Octane & Wattson on some game, because they appeared locked. What the hell is going on with them servers, a proper meltdown is happening. Thoughts and prayers to those poor devs who will have to do overtime in the weekend to fix this ASAP.

Yep, there's a thread on the subreddit. Game is borked, server issues. After a long day at work I just wanted to relax and yell at my incompetent team mates.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I can't even get into the lobby anymore, game logic error keeps popping back up everytime I try to launch the game. I don't know what is totally dying out on them, but this is wild!

Last edited:

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
AYjypB5.jpg

How trash am i

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I discovered the new most annoying thing ever: a team mate who spams the enemy notification in any random direction... EVERY THREE SECONDS. NON-STOP.

I don't even know why I revived him. What's wrong with me?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Nothing but terrible game after terrible game today.

And it's not the servers or the randoms or the loot, just me playing like trash and trying to force it.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I got in earlier after being kicked the first time
landed in slum lakes, killed 2/3 on another team, their third hid and waited to respawn them, and we finished them all off
got 3/4 knockdowns I needed for a challenge there and we went on to win the match

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I've been away since the launch of Voidwalker, so it was nice to get some time with the game today.

Got 30(+3) headshots, 3 wins of A&D (all with different players) and, because I played early today before they reset, managed to complete 5 daily challenges.

So now need 57 headshots and 2 more A&D wins. Plus the daily challenges - another 2 and then not sure? Is it 15?

As for A&D, I like it. Definitely keeps things fresh.

I'd be curious to see why they went with the low shields option and shorty snipes. I do wonder how Apex would play with one or the other limitations.

Edit: one more win needed. How I dodged all those nades as Gibraltar I dont know!

Last edited:

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Love those games where you're not even really trying or planning to get a daily done but you end up getting all 3, a win and with over 1k damage too.

El Gallo

Banned
Aug 27, 2019
I played around 10 games and had someone leave as soon as they died in like 6 of them. They don't even give you a chance to try and bring them back no more 😭

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna take me a while to complete enough dailies for this event when Respawn can't stop breaking them or won't fix ones that have been broken for months. Tie skins and stuff to completing dailies, but then have so many of them be borked? Get care packages items, but fuck up care package spawns. Get finishers, but fuck up your finisher detection to where it doesn't register if someone quits. Seems like a weird strategy but maybe not enough people bought $20 for them to fix them.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Two wins this morning, off to a nice start.

How far are you all with the battlepass? Did you finish last season's? I'm currenty at level 27, still got a lot of time left so I'm expecting to reach 100 eventually.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

How far are you all with the battlepass? Did you finish last season's? I'm currenty at level 27, still got a lot of time left so I'm expecting to reach 100 eventually.
I'm at 78 and I didn't come anywhere close last season, so I've been pretty happy with the changes they made to progression this season.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ok, now I understand why everyone's complaining about Pathfinder's lack of footsteps. The robot bamboozled the bamboozler. :(

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017

I mean, there's isn't THAT much time left. That's a lot of levels to gain, but I guess that means you have a ton of challenges you can be doing. But then again, that's a lot of free levels left on the table by not maximizing your 9K, 18K, 27K, 36K, 45K, and 54K weeklies.

I'm at level 94 and should be able to gain at least three more levels by the time I get off tonight. With double XP next weekend I might hit 110 by the time it ends, or at least be super-close. If I hadn't taken a two week vacation right after the season began I'd have 110 already and take a break after this event ends and play some other stuff until S3 starts.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm still not over that Valkyrie Lifeline skin.

brhbIy1.jpg

I have a pretty bad feeling that I won't be able to even put my hands on it because the physical edition of Apex Legends will only be available to buy at Gamestop (meaning only available to US players), and Europeans like me will be screwed over (like we usually often are). I really hope not, cause I'm ready to buy, and I love this skin so much already, please Respawn don't make me sad and disappointed!

KdyirGz.gif

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I can't even wrap my head around Diamond and the time investment lol. I play a few matches and it's like an hour passes without hardly anything happening. People be crappin on walking sims and this game is 5x worse it's like playing the same walking sim over and over again. I can't wait until the shooter scene gets going again. Must be an all-time low right now of just redundancy. The fact I'm looking forward to COD, a series I barely ever played, is just crazy but COD has been making some improvements.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I played around 10 games and had someone leave as soon as they died in like 6 of them. They don't even give you a chance to try and bring them back no more 😭
Nah, it's literally a 75% ratio for me legit no hyperbole at all. I can't even remember the last time I had all three teammates in regs after 5m three games in a row. Prolly never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.