• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triblade

Nov 16, 2017
-Do headshots count on knocked opponents? Does it have to be your knockdown for them to count?

Headshots some times counted for me when I hit knocked people, but that may have been if I had already knocked them. Not sure exactly on this one so won't say one way or the other.

I tested this one pretty throughly and my conclusion is: No, headshots do NOT count on downed targets -- With a generic 'Get headshots' challenge (no weapon or character specific requirements) I downed an Octane without using headshots, then very carefully took my time to line up a bunch of precision hits to their head with a P2020, landing about 4-6 headshots, but didn't have a single credit when I checked the challenge.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Talking about headshots, sometimes I feel like sequential headshots with an automatic gun don't really compute? I'm usually pretty decent at scoring headshots, but it took me four games too many to score 10 with a LMG for my daily yesterday, and I'm sure I hit more than that earlier but the game chose to ignore that.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about headshots, sometimes I feel like sequential headshots with an automatic gun don't really compute? I'm usually pretty decent at scoring headshots, but it took me four games too many to score 10 with a LMG for my daily yesterday, and I'm sure I hit more than that earlier but the game chose to ignore that.

Yeah, on assault rifles, LMGs, etc. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count them correctly. I'm solid at going upper body/head at any shooter and yet these challenges go on at snail's pace, really. I remember I had a match with 5 kills, all with assault rifles, only to find out none of my bullets registered as headshots, and I am 100% sure there were plenty of headshots in the mix even from the damage numbers. On the other hand, pick up a Peacekeeper and you'll be getting that challenge for shotguns in a match or two, because no matter which body part of the enemy you shoot, chances are a couple pellets will go towards the head too, and there the count seems more generous in general too.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The physical editions (one is Bloodhound and the other Lifeline themed) have been shown.

uQ9Hf4m.jpg

k6GLZPJ.gif

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So basically $10 for the Legendary character and weapon skins. Not too shabby, wish they had picked one of Legends I use more often though.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I tested this one pretty throughly and my conclusion is: No, headshots do NOT count on downed targets -- With a generic 'Get headshots' challenge (no weapon or character specific requirements) I downed an Octane without using headshots, then very carefully took my time to line up a bunch of precision hits to their head with a P2020, landing about 4-6 headshots, but didn't have a single credit when I checked the challenge.

Good to know, thanks.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Check out this legend I ran into last night. Can't stop laughing at the smoke teleport.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I like how every time I take a break from this game when I come back my random teammates are even worse than the last time I played. The game is close to unplayable solo sometimes. Anyone competent is in a 3 man already.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Yeah, today was one of those days you want to throw the console out the window. So many annoying randoms landing in dumb places, getting killed miles outside of the circle and spamming their banners, as if I'm gonna trek to revive your ass. No.

I got up to level 40 BP at least. lol @ me a few days ago thinking I would get to lvl 100 easily.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I have had so many late drops where someone decided the ideal time to go was right over the target tonight, it's amazing that people reach level 100 and have no game knowledge at all.

Then you have all the people who shoot r99s at people from 150m away.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So many annoying randoms landing in dumb places, getting killed miles outside of the circle and spamming their banners, as if I'm gonna trek to revive your ass. No.

I had one of those, a Wraith who, at the sound of my voice scolding him for jumping so far away from us while we (Pathfinder and Lifeline) were struggling with enemies, ended up joining us back even though they jumped across the whole goddamn map, and was apologetic in vocal chat about jumping so far away during the whole game (while actually being efficient and killing people so, it was nice). In retrospect, that made me laugh, but yeah, it's not always totally hopeless, the wild jumpers can be educated!

I kinda want that Lifeline edition but only for the box lol

I was already interested in it when we the only thing we knew about it was the Bloodhound/Lifeline cover. Anything else is a plus for me, but since it has THAT skin, I guess I can only cave in and just throw more money at Respawn.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I had one of those, a Wraith who, at the sound of my voice scolding him for jumping so far away from us while we (Pathfinder and Lifeline) were struggling with enemies, ended up joining us back even though they jumped across the whole goddamn map, and was apologetic in vocal chat about jumping so far away during the whole game (while actually being efficient and killing people so, it was nice). In retrospect, that made me laugh, but yeah, it's not always totally hopeless, the wild jumpers can be educated!

Yesterday my team's jumpmaster steered us towards the water treatment facility. I figured I'd let him land us by himself, so I didn't pull away and land solo. The idiot steered us so steeply towards the cliff face, that I was cut off from my team mates who landed fine in the facility, but I fell into the ocean and died.

giphy.gif

I will upload it to YT for shits and giggles later though

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The new music track is great you can unlock in the event is awesome! Can recommend that.

Also hit max level today for the BP. ugh.. Still felt like a chore to go to 110.

Going to to take a break until season 4 drops folks.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yesterday my team's jumpmaster steered us towards the water treatment facility. I figured I'd let him land us by himself, so I didn't pull away and land solo. The idiot steered us so steeply towards the cliff face, that I was cut off from my team mates who landed fine in the facility, but I fell into the ocean and died.

giphy.gif

I will upload it to YT for shits and giggles later though

That... might have been me today. I always always land in front of the bins near the jumptower in the water treatment facility, and I try my best not to let anyone die if they don't detach themselves (but honestly, like, can they detach themselves too? It's hella annoying when they don't and end up looting my bins). The other dude I was playing with had detached himself already, but our random third, a Mirage, fell down in the ocean. But the weird thing that happened is that there was no death box at all. No banner to retrieve. Their icon kept on being green even after it had timeout, as if we still could retrieve their banner, except we couldn't, it was absolutely nowhere to be found. They ended up disconnecting 5 minutes after dying, understanding that we could not retrieve them even if we would have loved to (their icon was still green moments before the disconnection happened).

Anyway, moral of the story: always detach yourselves guys, don't be THAT guy.

Last edited:

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm trying to get Gib's bombardment kill for a BP point, but anytime I'm ready to use it I'm in a cave or something, arggh.

I think it's time for an annual poll, and I'm just curious as a newcomer. What are your favourite of the below:

Legend
Pose
Finisher
Weapon
Skin

382370a0de85506d197e120d41bceed6.png

Legend: Caustic
Pose: Peacekiller or Morning Brew (for Caustic)
Finisher: Three Strikes (for, shocker, Caustic)
Weapon: Peacekeeper (I'm not normally a shotgun guy, but landing meaty hits with that thing is just the best)
Skin: Speed Demon (for Octane)
c85afb40265b696340cbf1d3b982a2b6.png

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how every time I take a break from this game when I come back my random teammates are even worse than the last time I played. The game is close to unplayable solo sometimes. Anyone competent is in a 3 man already.

No kidding. First match yesterday, my two teammates drop somewhat away from the position one of them pinged in the first place. One of them dies and quits. The other one dies, get bannered, I risk my ass to recover it, I am on my way to the beacon... but then he leaves the game.

The fact Respawn doesn't want to commit to adding penalties to quitters means this will be the norm for the time being.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
That... might have been me today. I always always land in front of the bins near the jumptower in the water treatment facility, and I try my best not to let anyone die if they don't detach themselves (but honestly, like, can they detach themselves too? It's hella annoying when they don't and end up looting my bins). The other dude I was playing with had detached himself already, but our random third, a Mirage, fell down in the ocean. But the weird thing that happened is that there was no death box at all. No banner to retrieve. Their icon kept on being green even after it had timeout, as if we still could retrieve their banner, except we couldn't, it was absolutely nowhere to be found. They ended up disconnecting 5 minutes after dying, understanding that we could not retrieve them even if we would have loved to (their icon was still green moments before the disconnection happened).

Anyway, moral of the story: always detach yourselves guys, don't be THAT guy.

Before leaving for work, I had to get on the PS4, open up the captured video to check....and confirm that I wasn't playing as Mirage that time. PHEW. :D

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Before leaving for work, I had to get on the PS4, open up the captured video to check....and confirm that I wasn't playing as Mirage that time. PHEW. :D

You probably would have remembered me anyway since I was laughing and apologizing profusely to that Mirage while also looking for their banner. I really tried! But the game said nope.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Those new bundles are not too shabby. I like that lifeline one, and I hope they make a demon version of her too. 10 bucks for what amounts to a three legendaries and 10 for the BP. I think I am in for that. Bloodhound looks really cool too, and I dig that Prowler, but I already have a nice BH skin.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
It's tragic. The other day a Pathfinder quit because another player chose pathfinder, and this other player then quit when we were launching because he noticed we were a team of two. Ridiculous

I now always play with at least one friend.

It's infuriating because when you find good people this game is a blast.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I read a comment on Reddit today that made me realise I rarely use the different grenade types, I get so focused on just shooting my way out of trouble. I'm going to start using them more tonight. I think a thermite grenade is a nice way to ruin an enemy's day.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Grenades are definitely useful. You don't need line of sight so you aren't exposed to gunfire when throwing and you can flush out someone from a camping spot. They're also ideal for securing a kill after a knockdown.

Sticking an arc star does enough damage to knock someone, but beware of those that rush at you once they realize what's happening. Not speaking from experience or anything.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
used to be I would never pick up thermites, but lately Ive come to really like them.
They're great for getting someone trying to block a door and the fact that they detonate on impact makes it pretty easy to get someone peeking through windows in a building.

The damage over time numbers also lets you track the direction the player is moving, even behind walls/cover, which can be pretty useful while rushing.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
used to be I would never pick up thermites, but lately Ive come to really like them.
They're great for getting someone trying to block a door and the fact that they detonate on impact makes it pretty easy to get someone peeking through windows in a building.

The damage over time numbers also lets you track the direction the player is moving, even behind walls/cover, which can be pretty useful while rushing.
They shine even more in Armed and Dangerous when most people don't have shields.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Me too, used to ignore themites on the ground, but damage adds up quickly when thrown at players clustered together.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Hit Diamond III yesterday, got to Diamond II today. Putting in a ton of playtime but I went from bottom of Diamond IV on Sunday evening to this. Hopefully Predator's happening in the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.