• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'm still trying to get 1 kill with his bombardment!

EDIT: nevermind, 30 minutes later I got the kill and challenge complete! Won the game too, that was nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So what was that teasing about? My PS4 is currently used by my SO so I can't check, I'm curious.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Oh dear, experienced my first bit of toxicity tonight. I don't know why you're yelling at me dude, considering I survived longer than you. Also, maybe you should have turned your mic on while you were alive. Just saying...

In other news, I rode a zipline away from the shrinking ring, while behind an enemy and shot them off, which was sweet. And I threw lots of grenades which was fun.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some kind of random chance where you can't draw your weapon in this game or something? Just downed two people and healed as the third came for me and the game just would not pull my fucking gun out. It doesn't happen that often but often enough that it's fucking infuriating.

This more like it! Match ended with basically a 5 minute long fight in Market as squads ticked down from 10 to 1.

Fe4pOf1.png

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm late to the party for Armed And Dangerous. I was avoiding it for most of the event but this mode is hella fun, holy shit. Got 10 kills with a gold Peacekeeper today and had multiple wins with my squad.I do wish they'd allow regular shields. Or - maybe give everyone blue shields max on drop as the mode has the most powerful guns in the game.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Got to BP Level 110 and Platinum II. Would take 120 points now to reach Diamond League. Not sure I have it in me considering how much of a chore it feels and how much time is left to even get up there. Selfishly hope the Dive Trail isn't something too cool, ha.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Got to BP Level 110 and Platinum II. Would take 120 points now to reach Diamond League. Not sure I have it in me considering how much of a chore it feels and how much time is left to even get up there. Selfishly hope the Dive Trail isn't something too cool, ha.
It's the most unfun thing I've done in gaming in a while. If you don't have a squad, it's just not worth it.

Also, seems the average player skill level is still really low. Randoms on my team are constantly braindead. It's absolutely insane. I wish they'd bring back solos.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My son and i played a few games last night and the 3rd parties were out of control. There was one instance where i counted the other teams joining the fight and i counted at least 6 before we got out of there. This wasn't even at the end of the game because i was lifeline and i still hadn't got my carepackage

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oh dear, experienced my first bit of toxicity tonight. I don't know why you're yelling at me dude, considering I survived longer than you. Also, maybe you should have turned your mic on while you were alive. Just saying...
I feel you. I so hate folks who are dead silent the whole match and then start being super talkative when downed just to vent. I can't say this kind of anger isn't always warranted though. I've had my share of moments where I wanted to do just that as my teammates suddenly turned around and fled mid-fight leaving me behind to take the flak.
I'm on late Diamond IV and scared to play much more and lose my hard earned points haha. I feel like my regular teammates have peaked already and that we can't drag our asses to Apex Predator. I have three friends that I usually play with - one is Diamond IV same as me, another is early Platinum and the last is still in Gold... I don't think the team composition is Predator material, sadly, even though we can steamroll casual games.
Thanks! Sure feels great managing to pull out of a seemingly unwinnable situation!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I read a comment on Reddit today that made me realise I rarely use the different grenade types, I get so focused on just shooting my way out of trouble. I'm going to start using them more tonight. I think a thermite grenade is a nice way to ruin an enemy's day.

After playing for months without bothering with grenades in general, Armed & Dangerous mode allowed me to care for it more than usual, since ammo doesn't take as much space in my bag, I finally had place left for it. And I've finally learned how to play with them, and I'm absolutely convinced now, to the point I always pick them up (especially arc stars & thermites) in normal mode. However, I tend to wait for a bag level2 to do that, cause I'll still forever prioritize ammo & heals, but yeah, grenades are no joke at all.

In one Armed & Dangerous game, I was with a particularly good Pathfinder (our third had quit on us), and on the final ring, we were at airbase, a full enemy team were camping near the res point, and we were near the round thing/airplane. We kept poking at each other, in annoying ways (he had to revive me once or twice), but nobody was really getting down/dying. I quickly looted a death box nearby, got all the grenades, and threw them to the enemy team (must have been like 6 grenades at least), which worked wonders as it made a lot of damages, and my Pathfinder pushed the hell out of it as soon as he saw what I was doing, and we ended up winning that game despite not being in the best position to do so.

Anyway, I now make more effort towards grenades, they cool and shit.

I watched this one last night before falling asleep, and I had to watch it several times to understand what fully happened (my phone's screen is small ok). And yeah, that is one hell of an amazing (and lucky) play there.

Last edited:

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Alignment of stars kind of shot. The piercing potential of the Kraber goes mostly unnoticed in Apex in comparison to the matches played in the tighter maps of Titanfall. I once scored a somewhat unorthodox double kill with a huge help from the ricochet mod in Titanfall 2:

Every single fight in these Diamond/Predator lobbies is so intense, man.

Jesus, this is exactly how most fights end on Diamond: dozens of guys squeezed in a very tiny circle, each trying to find the smallest edge before engaging. This is the kind of play that makes my heart race though.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Did everyone get a makeover? Just updated it and everyone looks more detailed and better overall.

Also just played my first Armed and Dangerous game and won. I quite like it, got a gold Peacemaker right at the start too.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
After playing for months without bothering with grenades in general, Armed & Dangerous mode allowed me to care for it more than usual, since ammo doesn't take as much space in my bag, I finally had place left for it.

Woah, you found loot in Armed & Dangerous mode? Lucky! :D

I disliked the mode at first, but after spending a few days with it, what I appreciated about it is that it made me better at the normal game mode. Because you really do struggle to find good loot, and have to adapt to survive, and also you have to get good at arguably the two most challenging weapon types: shotguns and sniper rifles. After a couple days, I went back to normal mode and felt like I was destroying everyone.

Not sure I'm gonna have time to play tonight, I've got a long skype meeting. Boo. I'm not addicted.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'm gonna miss Armed & Dangerous when it's gone, hopefully it comes back in the rotation sometime in the future.

Still salty that we don't have separate stat pages for these LTMs.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I have a feeling everyone got the same bloodhound dailies today. 8 games in a row where the first person has chosen her in randoms preventing me from picking.

No wonder people quit out.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Unless I'm looking directly at something, the audio is super faint. This includes teammate barks, announcer, gunshots, the works.

Very annoying.
I'll have to see after work if I'm having the same problem on PC.

I have a feeling everyone got the same bloodhound dailies today. 8 games in a row where the first person has chosen her in randoms preventing me from picking.

No wonder people quit out.
Thankfully I hit 110 yesterday. No more worrying about challenges for me.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
I've returned to the game after a 4 month hiatus due to work and personal life stuff, and holy shit things are new. The map! The Octane extreme sports park is fun, the new science labs, the tower, the portal/bunker, the huge feet. They all make the game feel fresh for a returning player. And some of the skins i missed out look dope af. Well done, Respawn.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Random thought of the day: I don't think most people who play this game wear headphones. So many times spectating my teammates, I can hear the enemy from specific directions but my teammates are oblivious. My PS Gold headphones hurt my ears, but they're pretty good!

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I think I'm finally at a point where I don't want to play anymore.

Unless Respawn add modes that prevent the constant cycle of third partying then I can't see myself coming back.

Pubg is still my favourite battle royale game based on the variety and unpredictable encounters, but I love the gunplay in Apex it's just a shame that every exchange is so predictable. Maybe I'll pop back in the future, but for now I'm out.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Random thought of the day: I don't think most people who play this game wear headphones. So many times spectating my teammates, I can hear the enemy from specific directions but my teammates are oblivious. My PS Gold headphones hurt my ears, but they're pretty good!

So many times I watch my teammates, and upon seeing them not flinching at the sound I'm hearing, have to tell them "someone on your left" or "someone behind" and tell them precisely where the enemy is, because it's obvious they're not hearing it. Sometimes they follow my advice. It gets super frustrating when they absolutely don't, which often results in their quick death and me saying "told you so".

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So according to the Audio Settings menu in Apex, my Windows sound setting is set to 7.1, and it won't let me change that in game. I've checked all of my Sound settings in Control Panel and nothing is set to 7.1. Frustrating...

So after I had a Windows Update today, I noticed the similar sound issues and checked and I have the same situation. Googling it, it seems like a common issue now.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So after I had a Windows Update today, I noticed the similar sound issues and checked and I have the same situation. Googling it, it seems like a common issue now.
You're right, I updated Windows 10 last night before bed.
you can change it via your settings.cfg file, look for "sound_num_speakers "X"" and chance "X" to "2"
Awesome, I will give this a try when I get home, thanks!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To go back to the grenades talk, I feel like people are underestimating their power immensely. I can't count the amount of times having 2-6 grenades in my inventory (based on how big my bag is) made the difference. If I have no bag or just a white one, I might even sacrifice a slot of health or shield to get a couple arcstars or something instead. They fuck their vision and hearing up with all the noise and movement slowdown, they're stealthy because they don't know where they come from, they make them lose a lot of shield/health from the get go, they can hit multiple people at once, you can use 'em in a curved angle where your bullets would not reach, etc. etc.. Not having grenades of any kind means losing a good 30% of your offensive chances.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I just realised if I save up my apex coins from the BP I could just use them to get the BP for next season. I'm BP rank 47 at the moment with something like 600 coins, wonder if I can get enough before the season ends.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a full team happily walk through Caustic's ultimate without getting damaged, next to two Caustic traps that were not triggered, and through a Wattson trap that didn't damage them.

Pathetic.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I have 1200 mats and want the wattson exceution so badly, but i feel like i should wait until s3.

Also hope we can buy that valkyrie skin for lifeline in europe as well.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
The audio in this game keeps getting worse. Cant hear people half of the time, especially Pathfinders for some reason.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
The audio in this game keeps getting worse. Cant hear people half of the time, especially Pathfinders for some reason.

Headphones or not? I play both ways and there is a significant difference.

Basically never had audio issues with headphones on PS4. With the sound bar I don't think I can hear everything or tell the direction things are happening as well.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Headphones or not? I play both ways and there is a significant difference.

Basically never had audio issues with headphones on PS4. With the sound bar I don't think I can hear everything or tell the direction things are happening as well.
I use headphones and I'm on Xbox. There's just something off with the sound recently and it's like that for my friend as well.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
My prediction for Crypto? It's all a hoax. I'm just spitballing here but the new hero might be a hamster that rolls around in a ball and has a grapple gun. I'm thinking he might have an ult that drops grenades on the ground and he'll have a tiny squeaky voice. Again, just thinking of this stuff on the fly here so I could be wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.