• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Holy shit I just wiped a full squad in Pit and my location challenge still says 0/4 I'm so fucking mad right now I've been trying to get that one for weeks.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking awesome.

Interested to see how his drone is implemented.

Super speculation: I wonder if Crypto will lead to Kings Canyon getting shut down and the Games being moved to a new map.
He is fucking with the portal, and it says something about "world's edge". Maybe we're heading to a new location in S3, would be great.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Holy shit I just wiped a full squad in Pit and my location challenge still says 0/4 I'm so fucking mad right now I've been trying to get that one for weeks.

I would also be pissed, that location is a nightmare in the beginning of a round. I gave up on that challenge, best I can hope for is if the last few founds are focused in that area.

I'm up to BP 60 today, made a lot of progress in two weeks! I think once this season wraps up I'm going to go on a break and focus on finishing games in my backlog. I'll keep the game on the PS4 though, had a lot of fun with it and will return to it for sure.

EDIT:

Maybe we're heading to a new location in S3, would be great.

Oh shit, if there's a new location I'll have to stick with the game a bit longer then lol.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Extreme doubt its a new location when all the little teases suggest map changes like they did with Season 2.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I would absolutely love it if he hacks the portal to shoot people right off the edge the map.

Oct 25, 2017
So you have slide/crouch on the stick or on B/O?
Imo, sliding with the stick is probably the most essential thing in this game since the ability to strafe and maneuver while aiming is invaluable.
Yeah, didn't realize how essential it was until I stopped randomly punching the air when I turned the stick too fast and instead crouched.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if you've wrapped up the battle pass already, these last two weeks of the season highlight the need to stave off these kind of lulls in the action. That said, I did play for hours the other night with no "objectives" except to enjoy myself. I'm also fine just taking a break.

It will be interesting to see if the rumored season 3 stuff is enough to keep everyone satiated. Excited for the reveal.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Made it to Gold rank at exactly 280 points. Now to retire for the rest of the season and play regular Apex, where I feel random groups are way worse than Silver rank.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Do you get a ranked reward based on how high you got or where you're currently at when the season ends?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can drop from, for example, platinum down to gold (if that's what you meant by no tier demotion).

"There is currently no demotion if you drop into a lower tier, so if you earn your way into Platinum IV, no amount of losses will demote you back to Gold I – you are guaranteed to finish that Series in Platinum. However, demotion is possible between divisions, so if you're Gold II and fall below 380 RP, you will move back down to Gold III. (We may revisit demotions in the future based on data we get from our first Series.)"

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"There is currently no demotion if you drop into a lower tier, so if you earn your way into Platinum IV, no amount of losses will demote you back to Gold I – you are guaranteed to finish that Series in Platinum. However, demotion is possible between divisions, so if you're Gold II and fall below 380 RP, you will move back down to Gold III. (We may revisit demotions in the future based on data we get from our first Series.)"

I could have sworn I've played with someone that was in platinum, but dropped back to gold the next time I saw them. But I guess I'm mistaken. That's good to know.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I didn't play much ranked when it came out and I am really regretting that now cuz my silver (I think) matches have been significantly worse than in casual lol

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten whole teams alone with the Gold Mozambique in Armed and Dangerous. And I'm not even good. It just melts them, esp if they didnt find shields

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I didn't play much ranked when it came out and I am really regretting that now cuz my silver (I think) matches have been significantly worse than in casual lol
Yeah I'm kicking myself for not playing enough Ranked early on. Not only are Silver matches not great, the queue can take hours during the day.

Next season I'm focusing less on challenges and more on grinding Ranked from the get-go.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one suffering from poor connection? This happened last week because of the double weekend update (according to the devs) and now it is happening again. The connection was fine until today.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm basically standing still in ranked points for an hour and a half of playtime. Then we finally catch a break in a game or two and get some RP. "If I can get a max points win in the next match, I get exactly enough for 1000 RP total, aka I get to Apex Predator. Good luck with that, though..." But then I freaking get it.

5KhH7iD.png

389 total ranked games played, 55 wins.

The next five games we get wins, top 3, I get a bunch of kills every time. It's amazing how much easier and better it felt once I finally didn't have to stress over points. Sitting at 1029 RP now and Predator matches have a 5 RP entry cost!

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Bring back Shotty Snipers you cowards! Make it permanent. :(

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So I'm basically standing still in ranked points for an hour and a half of playtime. Then we finally catch a break in a game or two and get some RP. "If I can get a max points win in the next match, I get exactly enough for 1000 RP total, aka I get to Apex Predator. Good luck with that, though..." But then I freaking get it.

5KhH7iD.png

389 total ranked games played, 55 wins.

The next five games we get wins, top 3, I get a bunch of kills every time. It's amazing how much easier and better it felt once I finally didn't have to stress over points. Sitting at 1029 RP now and Predator matches have a 5 RP entry cost!

Wow gratz Bauer, that's a hell of a feat there!

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
For me personally, ranked was more often then not just stressful, rather then enjoyable... Not even just the gameplay itself, constantly having to find and massage new people to play ranked with and trying to quickly learn how to work as a team wasn't easy. I could see it being more fun in an ideal scenario where you have two players that are around your skill level and that you always play together with. But that's just not realistic for most people that aren't streamers.

Just died off spawn (in regular) a couple times in a row and deleted the game, I need a break.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When is this ranked season ending?

Wondering if its worth trying to make the push to Diamond or not.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
This Ranked series ends when this Season ends, so at the end of the month. You can see how many days remain on the Battle Pass screen.

Next Season is rumored to start after a one week break.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Was it me or was there different crypto stuff in game last night?

I hope moving forward they mix up the length of the ranked season along with tweaking the points system. It does feel a little long currently and would be fresh having some sort of promotion/relegation ladder style system.

Also a true leaderboard system for your rank would be cool and neat to see if they could implement it within game.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like he's running through Angel City from Titanfall! I hope they add that map to King's Canyon.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Some updates for Ranked Series 2:

Rewarding Assists is a step in the right direction as what I wanted was half an RP given to every player for every squad kill.

Thanks for sharing.

That multiplier for wins/kills is exactly what the game needed. And changing the scale makes sense.

ranked-2.jpg

In theory, this now rewards kills and placement.

If you get 5 kills/assists and finish 1st? You get 225 points.

If you get 0 kills/assists and finish 1st? 100 points.

5 kills/assists and finish 3rd? 140 points.

I am hoping this will mix the meta up a little, where camping helps with placement... but reduces chance for kills, therefore not getting the most out of your multiplier.

Playing with aggression and not for placement? Again, you get kills, but lose out on the bigget multiplier.

If you are strike the balance and play aggressive to win, you can really earn those ranking points.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Thanks for sharing.

That multiplier for wins/kills is exactly what the game needed. And changing the scale makes sense.

ranked-2.jpg

In theory, this now rewards kills and placement.

If you get 5 kills/assists and finish 1st? You get 225 points.

If you get 0 kills/assists and finish 1st? 100 points.

5 kills/assists and finish 3rd? 140 points.

I am hoping this will mix the meta up a little, where camping helps with placement... but reduces chance for kills, therefore not getting the most out of your multiplier.

Playing with aggression and not for placement? Again, you get kills, but lose out on the bigget multiplier.

If you are strike the balance and play aggressive to win, you can really earn those ranking points.

Thanks for that breakdown!

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah the 10x overall RP point expansion, making assists any teammate damage within 5 seconds of a down, and giving a kill/assist multiplier to placement all sound like really solid improvements to Series 1's ranking.

It looks like, on paper, it should more incentivize the natural way that Apex's design lends itself for success: tactical aggression all game long, rather than an emphasis on slow play.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
So hyped for all those season 3 news! Ranked needed a rework and I'm extremely happy with what we've got.

But the best news is that there will be no down time between seasons as the third one lands on October 1st!

Though the Charge Rifle being the new gun... I wonder how that's gonna go down, it's the first anti-titan weapon to be brought over to Apex.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So hyped for all those season 3 news! Ranked needed a rework and I'm extremely happy with what we've got.

But the best news is that there will be no down time between seasons as the third one lands on October 1st!

Though the Charge Rifle being the new gun... I wonder how that's gonna go down, it's the first anti-titan weapon to be brought over to Apex.
I keep forgetting that the Kraber wasn't anti-titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.