• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
BP level 110 and need 5 daily challenges to get one of the skins from the event. After this I am probably done till next season. I have enough currency for one Epic item, the only 2 skins that interest me are from characters I dont enjoy using so I am probably waiting for the next season to spend this.

Whenever I have a challenge that is too specific (kill 2 with shotguns in 1 match) I usually play a lot of rounds where I either can't find the goddam gun, or I find them and I am killed at the first encounter... and then, suddenly, I go and kill 5-6 with said gun easily in another match lol. Happens all the time. Even those 'deal 750 damage witch character X' usually lead to 3-5 matches where I cant even deal 100 (a lot of times 0) and then when I only needing 100-250 more damage I go on the next round and go close to 1000.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Since the Wraith event update, shooting knocked players counts for damage, so getting damage badges is much easier currently.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Why did they change the damage on downed players? I mean technically it makes sense you are doing damage to them but it's not something that was a major community request was it?

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't touched the game since last weekend when I finished the Pass, it feels good taking a break for a few weeks until the next season, I was starting to feel some burnout.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
People already thirsted like their lives depended on it...

Well since that 2000 damage icon feels more accessible now, I kinda expected this to happen, everybody wanna get in on it.

Haven't touched the game since last weekend when I finished the Pass, it feels good taking a break for a few weeks until the next season, I was starting to feel some burnout.

Yeah, I felt a lot of burnout too before finishing the battlepass. I hope Respawn will take that feeback into account, cause at some point, we will just not bother with it anymore. I already am on the fence about buying S3 battlepass because of how exasperating and burnout-ish S2 battlepass was at times to me. I'd rather spend money on some amazing skins once every month, rather than commit to 2/3 months of neverending frustrating grind with annoying dull challenges that forces me to play in ways that don't make me enjoy this game as much as I would without them.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I like the concept of battle pass, with no objectives I'd get bored and move onto another game. But seeing challenges like '25/30 knockdowns by shotgun' keeps me around.

I started playing this game on the 28th last month, currently BP level 52, not bad I think. Not sure if I can hit 100 before the end of the season though.

Today I've been trying to finish the challenge where you knockdown something like 5 people in The Pit, but anytime I land there it's full of people already. I don't understand how they always land before me.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I felt a lot of burnout too before finishing the battlepass. I hope Respawn will take that feeback into account, cause at some point, we will just not bother with it anymore. I already am on the fence about buying S3 battlepass because of how exasperating and burnout-ish S2 battlepass was at times to me. I'd rather spend money on some amazing skins once every month, rather than commit to 2/3 months of neverending frustrating grind witch annoying dull challenges that forces me to play in ways that don't make me enjoy this game as much as I would without them.

I just keep using the coins I get from the previous Pass for the next one. Do the same with Rocket League, but like you said, at some point, I'll probably just stop because I feel like I'm currently sticking around just because of the "need" to complete the Pass once I buy it.

The game is fun, sure, but I am also getting bored of doing the same thing, hoping for good RNG so I get the guns I want, etc.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Watching the Apex tourny... there were definitely some really exciting moments but the competitive meta is so stale; seeing the same team composition for literally close to 100% of the teams competing shows there needs to be some major rebalancing for at least some of the legends.

I feel like Bloodhound needs a complete overhaul. He's not very team oriented and his kit is very underwhelming in general.
Going with the "blood" theme, it would be cool if he grants bonus unshielded damage to scanned players for ~5 seconds, and in his ult he gains that benefit throughout it. He could actually have a place in competitive meta as everyone is just huddled up altogether in those final circles.

Octane also needs some changes, but i'm not sure what i would change. Maybe distance launched with his ult or recharge speed of his ult. Maybe also reduced unshielded damage while he's stimming? But that might be OP.

Otherwise I feel like competitive meta isn't completely broken; I feel like Crypto will be a hard counter to Wattson (Hacking pylons and maybe her ult (?))
Pathfinder is a bit powerful, but i feel like reducing everyone else's q recharge rate by like...10-15% could place them in similar tiers.
Wraith is good, but I think it's just her ult that everyone picks her. Her Q is good for mitigating zone damage, but I don't think she would be picked as much if the other legends weren't so underwhelming. (For competitive)

fivestarman

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have issues with stuttering/input lag on PC? I recently picked up a G502 mouse and the issues appeared after installing it. My fps stays about 100 but its unplayable...

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Apex tourny... there were definitely some really exciting moments but the competitive meta is so stale; seeing the same team composition for literally close to 100% of the teams competing shows there needs to be some major rebalancing for at least some of the legends.

I feel like Bloodhound needs a complete overhaul. He's not very team oriented and his kit is very underwhelming in general.
Going with the "blood" theme, it would be cool if he grants bonus unshielded damage to scanned players for ~5 seconds, and in his ult he gains that benefit throughout it. He could actually have a place in competitive meta as everyone is just huddled up altogether in those final circles.

Octane also needs some changes, but i'm not sure what i would change. Maybe distance launched with his ult or recharge speed of his ult. Maybe also reduced unshielded damage while he's stimming? But that might be OP.

Otherwise I feel like competitive meta isn't completely broken; I feel like Crypto will be a hard counter to Wattson (Hacking pylons and maybe her ult (?))
Pathfinder is a bit powerful, but i feel like reducing everyone else's q recharge rate by like...10-15% could place them in similar tiers.
Wraith is good, but I think it's just her ult that everyone picks her. Her Q is good for mitigating zone damage, but I don't think she would be picked as much if the other legends weren't so underwhelming. (For competitive)
The current top dogs offer something to the camping meta that others (besides maybe Caustic) can't even begin to compete with. It can't be solved with incremental buffs to their kits, it's going to have to be a drastic shake-up of the meta. Getting some, any, answer to Wattson (fingers crossed for Crypto) would be a start.

Oh and Pathfinder is still unbelievably busted and has no counters of any kind. And Kings Canyon feels custom built to make the most of his kit. Coolcoolcoolcoolcool.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
My second toxic encounter today, and so far both have been by 30-something sounding Brits. I would expect this kind of behaviour from kids. Disappointing.

Is there anything worse than risking your neck to retrieve a banner, only for the person to disconnect afterwards? Arrgh, frustrating.

I saw a funy comment on Reddit suggesting that the victory screen should be updated to account for any leavers, they should be represented by their character sulking off to the side.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I really wouldn't mind leavers' banners being off the final victory screen indeed, or have a clear signifier of some sort that they have indeed left (other than the timer). I personally always ask if I should stay and if people plan on picking up my banner before leaving. Especially if I see the team struggling to even come close to my banner but still showing signs of trying, I won't leave right away but I'd still ask just in case. And if they're not hearing me, then. Heh, not much I can do about it, now, can I.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Octane needs a change. His kit is incredibly strong—it just suits a slightly different kind of game than Apex is right now, at least at the top level of play. I think he's still totally solid for laddering and normal play, and very very fun.

I agree with Sande. The thing the game needs to change—the thing Octane needs to become 'competitive'—isn't going to be accomplished by tweaking any one legend's numbers up. Current weapon balance and Wattson's kit, together, force the entire rest of the game to orient themselves around the Wattson gameplan.

Also, as is usually the case in game balance, you can rarely nudge a game's meta a short distance. As soon as any one element gets changed enough to alter the entire picture, it has a profound effect across the entire ecosystem that is, at best, very very hard for even full design teams to account for. I'm sure that Octane could receive zero changes and still enjoy some amount of time as the strongest hero in the game at some future date.

As long as they keep mixing the meta up occasionally, I'm happy. The game is always going to favor some legends and playstyles. Trying to aim for some kind of 'perfect balance' is quixotic. Much better to just rearrange the pieces once in a while to keep the game lively.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I think the legend rumored to give some sort of credits for items with kills will open up the meta some. His skills seemed really offensive and gives reward with being aggressive.

This is really why I think we will get more than one legends in an upcoming season. They have the content it seems and two legends together could shift the meta into multiple directions. Seige for the longest time has released a defensive and offensive operator together (occasionally they would mix that combo up). I think something like that is the way forward. As many legends they have planned it will take forever to get through them and that's not counting new ones we may not be aware of from that initial leak. No reason to hold back especially with competition in other games coming.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That apex tourney having nearly every single match come to that hilariously dumb wraith portal stall sure is something.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The whole game leans heavily toward close combat weapons and rushing enemies while they're engaged with other teams for the 3rd party kills.

You can't really blame anyone for picking characters such as Watson and Caustic who both are anti rush/3rd party characters.

Funnily enough, caustics biggest threat and natural counter is another caustic. Watson will hopefully have a counter soon.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
That apex tourney having nearly every single match come to that hilariously dumb wraith portal stall sure is something.

I have no idea why no pro team with good skills doesn't pick Gibraltar. Hold his ultimate and launch into that small area at the end to destroy most of the surviving people.

Will be great if they have a device or legend to close wraiths portals. She would be way less useful if someone can just force that ability to end possibly causing teams to be split up.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ugh, game has completely fallen apart on PS4 today, lagging so badly, I couldn't even quit to the menu, just wouldn't let me. Shut down, booted up again, managed to play a short game then upon dying the dreaded 'code leaf'. Gonna rebuild PS4 database as I haven't done that in a while, but yeah....c'mon Respawn sort this out please.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have no idea why no pro team with good skills doesn't pick Gibraltar. Hold his ultimate and launch into that small area at the end to destroy most of the surviving people.

Will be great if they have a device or legend to close wraiths portals. She would be way less useful if someone can just force that ability to end possibly causing teams to be split up.
With all the Wattson ults lying around, Gibbie's ult wouldn't be much help.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably pick the next pass too because it's cool to get those unlocks and so on, but they better shake up the progression system. It's too grindy and full of terrible challenges that push the player population to play in stupid ways instead of aiming for effectiveness.

They also have to add a quitter penalty ASAP because in non-competitive randoms you're lucky if 1 in 3 matches your buddies don't leave in the first 5 minutes.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't watch the tournament - what's the meta right now? I'd imagine it's Pathfinder, Caustic and Gibraltar or Wattson.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, just watched some on YouTube. Didn't see a single character that wasn't one of those 3.

Also I didn't see a single player that didn't have R-99 and longbow/wingman late game.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I spectated a team mate called KIWI_burn who was incredible as Wraith. If you're reading this Kiwi, good game!

I've been playing Bloodhound all day trying to finish some challenges, but I'm finding him unsatisfying to play lately. I think his abilities need a slight rework. His basic scan feels so weak, and even when I scan enemies it's hard to make them out when there's so much shit cluttering the screen. His ult is fine, though the time it takes to initiate it can be so risky I sometimes don't bother with it.

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
some teams went with lifline over wraith early on but its all watson,path,wraith now

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I have a feeling that they won't include that because they don't want their playerbase to go down.

I could see casual remaining with no leave penalty. Rank will be the area that enforces it. I think this is how seige has it set. I feel both casual and rank should have a leaver penalty and the penalty carries over to any mode you play.

As always play ranked if you want to experience mics and people staying upon being downed. I don't run into as much nonsense as some folks do in casual but when I do I just switch to rank and it's primarily fixed.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
An excellent way to make sure the people playing fair leave the game, leaving only the more toxic idiots to duke it out.

Putting a leaver penalty in casual makes no sense, in my opinion. It's casual, after all. I played the other day and my team mate kept shooting my Caustic gas canisters and setting them off. Every single time I put one down he shot it. My guess is that he was a 5 year old playing the game and thought that's what he was supposed to do. That's fine though because I just quit the game and restarted a new one in seconds....A leaver penalty would've forced me to play with the kid.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Putting a leaver penalty in casual makes no sense, in my opinion. It's casual, after all. I played the other day and my team mate kept shooting my Caustic gas canisters and setting them off. Every single time I put one down he shot it. My guess is that he was a 5 year old playing the game and thought that's what he was supposed to do. That's fine though because I just quit the game and restarted a new one in seconds....A leaver penalty would've forced me to play with the kid.
Any half decent leaver penalty system has some leniency precisely for these kinds of matches.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This had to be the most absurd game I've ever had. The path of the dropship was just above Skull Town. A teammate of ours quit immediately. Me and the remaining partner landed at Water Treatment. We loot everything, we move onto the buildings just on the West, then to Skull Town, Market, The Cage. We went by all these locations and none have seen any activity. Nothing was looted, no deathboxes anywhere, every closed door intact. Even the paths connecting these places had all the crates closed. We finally found enemies with 4 teams left scoring a second place ultimately, but what the fuck at all these places having no activity where any given match there's like 3 teams at least dropping in each.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Just had an intense and fun bunker battle that went on for what felt like 10 minutes. I'm talking gas traps, electro fences, thermite grenades, pure mayhem. Reminded me of the metro levels on Battlefield.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
For those that are interested,a couple of teams have hit match point in the Apex tournament.

The format is 50 points (from kills and placement) needed to qualify for match point, then you need to win to be the champion. There hav been 5 matches so far, 6th game about to start.

Edit: there are 3 teams with match point. Table is here - https://liquipedia.net/apexlegends/Apex_Legends_Invitational/Preseason/Grand_Final

Edit2: Should have added, you can watch on YouTube here https://youtu.be/Q_pAhp2OiTU

Edi

Last edited:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
For those that are interested,a couple of teams have hit match point in the Apex tournament.

The format is 50 points (from kills and placement) needed to qualify for match point, then you need to win to be the champion. There hav been 5 matches so far, 6th game about to start.

Edit: there are 3 teams with match point. Table is here - https://liquipedia.net/apexlegends/Apex_Legends_Invitational/Preseason/Grand_Final

Edit2: Should have added, you can watch on YouTube here https://youtu.be/Q_pAhp2OiTU

Now up to 5 teams with match point. Match 7 about to start...

And on the stream they just confirmed with a mini trailer the dive trails and weapon charms coming soon. Hopefully someone clipped it or it gets posted as a separate trailer.

Edit: there it is

Status
Not open for further replies.