• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
My main problem with adding new guns every season is I don't think they can remove or rotate out weapons when people are paying for skins. Things start to get cluttered relatively quickly if they truly intend to stick with this game for the long term.

If it ever came to the game having too many guns and weapon balancing became an issue I could see them doing something similar to what Hearthstone does with its Standard and Wild format. In this case unranked could have all the weapons whereas the ranked season would have whatever the current set of weapons is with certain ones rotated out. Or they could have ranked and unranked the same with another 'unbalanced' playlist with every weapon/hop-up etc there has been gets thrown in there.

I don't think this will be an issue for quite some time, if at all, though.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Played my first real game on the new map and dang if it wasn't a bit boring. The map seems way too big for the player count. Currently just looking forward to the infection mode.

It was a pretty easy win, at least. The last two enemy squads were pretty much the first ones we saw and they were fighting each other, so taking care of them wasn't hard.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Played my first real game on the new map and dang if it wasn't a bit boring. The map seems way too big for the player count. Currently just looking forward to the infection mode.

It was a pretty easy win, at least. The last two enemy squads were pretty much the first ones we saw and they were fighting each other, so taking care of them wasn't hard.

All depends on the drop. Despite the map size I always seem to have at least one other squad drop with us, even when selecting not so busy areas.

I like capitol for a drop. Its big enough that 4 teams can drop and all get loot for the fight.

Tree is the biggest head scratcher. The loot there is shit yet, without fail, 3 teams will drop there, every time.

Last edited:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Has anyone found their main character change on the new map?

I've found Gibraltar my new GOAT, previously it was Wraith.

The dome shield with a healing buff is a life saver.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
All depends on the drop. Despite the map size I always seem to have at least one other squad drop with us, even when selecting not so busy areas.

I like capitol for a drop. Its big enough that 4 teams can drop and all get loot for the fight.

Tree is the biggest head scratched. The loot there is shit yet, without fail, 3 teams will drop there, every time.

Hot drops definitely feel better to me on the new map. The hot spots seem designed in a way where you can usually find a secondary place to retreat too if you cant find something good quick, and safely.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i need to stop playing with randoms

add me plz? lol

psn: jorgejjvr
I'll add you. :)

I'm also looking for people who may want to play Apex together on PS4? I usually have bad luck with randoms. I'm a decent player, have a mic and work as a team (callouts, stick w squad, etc). N7__Nola (it's 2 underscores)
a bit late to this but i could use a few people to play with on PS4 as well, the group that i usually play with can only come on at very specific times. psn name is the same as it is on here :)

edit: sent you both friend requests if you wanna play some time

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The feeling when someone doesn't break off from you and they then scream down the mic because they don't have a weapon.

CelebratedAdolescentBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
In terms of streamers, since it was a subject earlier, I quite enjoy watching the Sentinels guys. Mainly retzi, but I enjoy watching some zombs and senoxe as well. Since they're the very best Apex Legends players out there (or very near the very best), I often pick up some good ideas from them. Their Twitch channels are lowkey though, they don't have a lot of followers, and they do around a hundred live viewers per streaming session but I don't mind. I prefer it even, the chat isn't clogged and unreadable that way. I can enjoy some Kraftyy and Viss from time to time too. I used to watch some Dizzy too, but it's been a while.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This game is confounding. Had two games as Gibraltar which started awful, everything going wrong, but somehow me and my team of randoms won them both back to back. Just more proof to never ever give up, anything can happen in this game.

My third game as Gib I... accidentally killed myself with bombardment and realised I completed the relevant challenge lol, so dumb.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Even the best players have to deal with crappy randoms. I'm watching Wigg's stream from last night. He solo wipes one squad with zero help from his random team mates. Moves to the next fight and nearly solo wipes that squad but the last enemy finally downs him. Finally, here come his squad to help. They both died trying to kill the last enemy that Wigg had weakened down to basically one shot.

It made me feel good knowing that I'm not the only one getting paired up with these people.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Will pathfinders hitbox ever not be hot garbage? Just shot him 30 times with a devotion and not one landed at near point blank. Like sparks flying off showing hits but no actual damage. And both my teammates dcd, because randoms in this game are the worst of all games ever.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Season 3 in a nutshell: bad loot, aimbotters everywhere, moron disconnecting teammates and pathfinders hitbox randomly turning off

Finally win a game and the next match you just get a p2020 and no armour after looting 4 buildings just like the games punishing you for having fun

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Just landed geyser. 4 squads hit the east buildings and mine got all the rest to ourselves. We got fuck all and the other 4 squads somehow all had top tier shit. All 4 of them. I just don't get it anymore, it's like the thing that leaat affects how you do is skill now.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I think the only one I ever watched play this game is Seagull. At this point I'd rather watch him play than play myself, I'm not good enough to have fun.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Last game of the night. Two of us got downed and the last one was able to grab the banners and revive us at the tip of the ring. he ran for his life and luckily the team didn't follow us.
we end up stomping on every team we come across, double back to the final ring and got champion.
man that speed increase with bllodhound's ult is ridiculous. Peacekeeper and that speed boost is evil. Lol loved it

One game I landed all my shots with the moz. I love that gun now. Downed a team when I had no shields. Felt great.
So far all my wins, this season, have only been with bloodhound lol

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just put 25 bullets into a dude's head from literally inches away. He didn't die. This game's hit detection is really horrible sometimes.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
The feeling when someone doesn't break off from you and they then scream down the mic because they don't have a weapon.

CelebratedAdolescentBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

Since I'm jumpmaster a majority of times if randoms don't break off I'm going to start casually clipping them on the building or landscape at the landing so it forces them away. This way they either can't immediately go inside or loot the same area I've pinged first. So many times I've had someone run off with two guns only for me to keep requesting one as they try to engage a battle. And if you get the gun they have picked up some of the ammo or attachment for it..lol

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Finally had a chance to be That Guy With a Charge Rifle for a few rounds in a row. It's so ridiculous, just won 3 in 4 spending most of it just hammering these poor fuckers from 300 meters away.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Charge is ok. It's not the be all end all. I've won several without it and killed folks with it and the team left it behind unlooted. It really depends on where the zone goes and ends if it's going to be a good item. Basically if you're caught out against any sniper it's bad news if they hit shots. If your pinned behind cover and can wait it out do so. No shame in it and let them push at you. If you can trade shots then do it cause they may be low on shields or health supplies and getting them in a bad situation is only going to help you out once one team has to make a move.

Last edited:

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
The dev stream showed the Charge Rifle consuming 3 ammo per shot with a base clip size of 9. That effectively allows 53 shots if you're carrying two stacks of energy, which is way less shots than even carrying one stack right now.

Seems like a well-thought out change paired with damage fall off. You'll get one less shot by default before reload and it actively discourages teams from running multiple Charge Rifles without impunity throughout the game due to ammo constraints.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
Had my first 2000+ damage game last night, really felt like I was in the zone. I had a purp'd out R301 and a ton of light ammo and was just sending so many rounds downrange my enemies couldn't hang. The accuracy, handling and ROF feel so good with the upgrades.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The charge at super long distance is lethal, but at medium range....the G7 with Double tap is king.if your decent with your shots that thing can shred a guy in a flash

Since I'm jumpmaster a majority of times if randoms don't break off I'm going to start casually clipping them on the building or landscape at the landing so it forces them away. This way they either can't immediately go inside or loot the same area I've pinged first. So many times I've had someone run off with two guns only for me to keep requesting one as they try to engage a battle. And if you get the gun they have picked up some of the ammo or attachment for it..lol

I hate being jumpmaster with randoms. I've been in games where the other two guys kept passing it over to me and they still didn't break away when I finally jumped....

I wish there was a button where you could seperate even as jump master.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone found their main character change on the new map?

I've found Gibraltar my new GOAT, previously it was Wraith.

The dome shield with a healing buff is a life saver.
I've moved from Bangalore to Mirage. Feels like there's much more breathing room to get bamboozling and the smokes aren't half as useful when the map isn't really about chokepoints.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
The dev stream showed the Charge Rifle consuming 3 ammo per shot with a base clip size of 9. That effectively allows 53 shots if you're carrying two stacks of energy, which is way less shots than even carrying one stack right now.

Seems like a well-thought out change paired with damage fall off. You'll get one less shot by default before reload and it actively discourages teams from running multiple Charge Rifles without impunity throughout the game due to ammo constraints.

If thay is the final nerf, sounds about right to me. They also said it would have damage drop off at distance, meaning it will shred less at range.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Smokes are still incredibly useful like all the time even without choke points. Smokes for clutch revives, smokes for cover, smoke to destroy line of sight etc.

All still really useful.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The patch notes really didn't do justice to how much more bangalore's smokes blind everyone. You really can't see shit in it at all now.

I haven't really played her that much this season though, still mostly on path/wraith.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
The patch notes really didn't do justice to how much more bangalore's smokes blind everyone. You really can't see shit in it at all now.

I haven't really played her that much this season though, still mostly on path/wraith.

I didnt pick up the patch notes, but definitely noticed an increased density. No seeing through it at all, even hard to see the ground/walls!

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any good Youtube tip videos, just in general?

Starting to get frustrated at my inconsistency. I'll have a 6 kill, 1k+ damage round and then go 3-5 straight with 0 kills and can't break 50 damage. Drives me crazy and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong so I can start addressing it and fixing it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This audio glitch with no Respawn ship sound or Respawn ship is fucked. Respawn does one thing to patch shit up then they mess up the audio in a different aspect. So many dudes catch us by surprise because we're not expecting a group and this man just floats down from the sky like he's Jesus.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Got my self to Gold 1. I hit a ceiling at Platinum last season but this feels a like I could get up through Platinum and potentially diamond.

My K/D has gone up by 50%, which is helping. Still only around 1.6 though. Pretty much play with randoms - unless I find a decent random and I may group up.

Like the poster above, I am wildly inconsistent, but when I get a good run going and a decent squad things seem to fall into place.

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
So I decided to make a new xbl account. I just felt like playing noobs after a bunch of bad games with randoms today. Finally got that hammer badge on the first game lol! First game was a win with 10 kills and 2,046 damage - no charge rifle. Felt damn good lol.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I only just now noticed that Battle Pass XP boosts are limited to Top 5 and Wins now. Pretty shitty nerf to the Battle Pass. Felt like XP was coming slower, but I guess that's one way to draw out the grind more since it's four months this time instead of three.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I only just now noticed that Battle Pass XP boosts are limited to Top 5 and Wins now. Pretty shitty nerf to the Battle Pass. Felt like XP was coming slower, but I guess that's one way to draw out the grind more since it's four months this time instead of three.
Pretty sure it was that way in Season 2 as well.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Are there any good Youtube tip videos, just in general?

Starting to get frustrated at my inconsistency. I'll have a 6 kill, 1k+ damage round and then go 3-5 straight with 0 kills and can't break 50 damage. Drives me crazy and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong so I can start addressing it and fixing it.

That's just BR isn't it? Some games are better than others.

Nice Wigg was just saying on his stream the best way to get better is to use a weapon for 3 weeks straight and master it. He actually did 3 months with the R99 only and now he's lazering people from crazy distances with it like it was a R301.

He also said console players should only use a few of the guns. R99, Peacekeeper, Devotion and Havoc.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Best way to improve is usually just to look at scenarios where you die and ask yourself what you could do differently. While general mechanical skill like aiming is important, positioning will trump basically everything and you would usually have to think of different ways you could have repositioned within the engagement. Sometimes it isn't so immediate, like rotating late in a circle and running into a team that's holding the edge but you barely have meds and even if you come out on top another team swoops in before you can get anything going and you're pinned. Can't really win them all sometimes.

Apex is a lot harder to gauge since teammates are so important so randoms make that tricky. Watching streamers helps a lot but you need to keep in mind that they're almost always in squads with other extremely good players.

You never want fights to be "fair" which goes beyond just third partying. When someone is downed, the team should take advantage of numbers and not try to take separate 1v1s. There is no reason to get cocky and try to solo people(usually), if you fail and get downed you might be a domino effect pressuring your teammates.

But at the end of the day playtime and finding yourself in a ton of different scenarios will just naturally help. Your loadouts, how many people are alive in the circle, what the circle is relative to you, etc. are almost never going to be the same, but that's also a big part of what keeps a game like this interesting.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
It's the same as Season 2. Progression wasn't changed at all between seasons.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
He also said console players should only use a few of the guns. R99, Peacekeeper, Devotion and Havoc.
What I find odd about this is that Peacekeeper seems like the least controller friendly gun in the game. Maybe after Wingman. Snipers are just fine unless you try to do flick shots close range.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
please for the love of god someone save me from randoms. pulling my way through ranked for the first time on my lonesome is absolutely torturous. i play on PS4 and my psn name is the same as it is on here - just mention who you are in the message if you do end up adding me.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I have such hate for the golden knockdown shield. I want to throw it into a lava pit.

You might aswell hold a sign above your head that says 'please thirst me'

I'd be happy if they alter it like they did the golden armour. Get rid of the self revive and make it so you have full armour and health when revived (one time use)

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
please for the love of god someone save me from randoms. pulling my way through ranked for the first time on my lonesome is absolutely torturous. i play on PS4 and my psn name is the same as it is on here - just mention who you are in the message if you do end up adding me.
It's SO bad dude. I'm running through Platinum now and it's unbelievable how bad teammates are.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I find that the weekends bring an extra level of shit teamates and abusive kids.

I should get a medal for the amount of times I've knocked 2 people and have been knocked by a 3rd only for my team mates to run in and die to a low last player.

Status
Not open for further replies.