• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Watching clips of NiceWigg grappling drones to swing onto rooftops is hilarious. Dude is wild.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Was this posted? Calendar for those doing the BP.

EdJ9IoS.png

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
nice to know i'm ahead of schedule on the BP lol, just hit level 17. this is the first season that me and my friends have bought passes for but honestly so far it seems fairly barebones.

Last edited:

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
best selling point rn is that it pays for itself if you can finish it lol, maybe y2 we'll get more stuff but idk what else they could do except more skins but ppl already complain how you can't see them anyway because it's a FPS

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Just got 5 knock downs with an LMG for a challenge.

And it didnt unlock...

Why?

Because the challenge was with SMGs. I need to learn to read!

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure it was that way in Season 2 as well.
It's the same as Season 2. Progression wasn't changed at all between seasons.
I can't say I ever looked at the text on the S2 XP boosts so I didn't realize that. I know S1 was just an XP boost but I guess I was wrong about them changing it this season. The XP boosts don't particularly benefit me all that much anyway though, since I only play with one other person.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
No wonder most people get stuck in Gold for the whole season. Things like choosing not to engage, disengaging or leaving teammates behind when it's too dangerous seem to be completely foreign concepts in solo queue.

Being skilled with weapons is only a tiny part of ranked play (until a certain point obviously), which is why I enjoy it so much. Good tactics are much more important. Which makes playing with randoms all the more frustrating this season

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
No wonder most people get stuck in Gold for the whole season. Things like choosing not to engage, disengaging or leaving teammates behind when it's too dangerous seem to be completely foreign concepts in solo queue.

Being skilled with weapons is only a tiny part of ranked play (until a certain point obviously), which is why I enjoy it so much. Good tactics are much more important. Which makes playing with randoms all the more frustrating this season
I wish they'd just add solo queues so my experience can stop being ruined by absolute brain dead teammates.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I played solo ranked a lot these days, and one of the things that infuriated me the most were: teammates not disengaging when asked several time about it, teammates pushing when it's not ideal to do so, teammates not listening when instructions are given as to where to go, immediately, in order to get out of a pinched situation, or in order to prevent being 3rd/4th partied. I often end up losing those games, with me saying "I hope you know this your fault, player who didn't listen and do the thing/go to the place I asked several times to do/go, because you put the whole team in jeopardy with your awful decision-making skills, thanks, GG!" (yes I remain polite still though). I know, I'm maybe salty (a bit), but at some point people gotta learn and reflect.

Just today's session was full of me trying to lead the team in clever ways, only for our team to just straight up dying because of teammates deciding that they suddenly became Rambo with invincible shield on. Exhausting.

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I feel like when I play apex on a weekend evening I either get matched with great teammates and win and feel content and play something else or every match is a disaster

yesterday was the first one, today is the second lol

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Just today's session was full of me trying to lead the team in clever ways, only for our team to just straight up dying because of teammates deciding that they suddenly became Rambo with invincible shield on. Exhausting.

I admire your tenacity, I always just mute the fuck out of everyone on the character select screen. How often would you say you're getting teammates who listen ?

Another good thing about the new RP system though is that dead teammates are a lot less inclined to wait things out since the reward for high placement without kills is really low now. So there's quite a bit of ragequitting going on still, and Loss Forgiveness points as a result.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
What's going on with gold weapons? I started thinking they're not in anymore, but a teammate found one the other day. Like it genuinely feels like they spawn a single gold weapon every 20 matches or something.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What's going on with gold weapons? I started thinking they're not in anymore, but a teammate found one the other day. Like it genuinely feels like they spawn a single gold weapon every 20 matches or something.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that. I've seen 3 total so far, but only one was actually in an area while the rest were boxes. And they've all been the golden triple take.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently in Gold and the game is not letting up with torrent of garbage randoms my word. Last game, guy drops us in the same place as half the server, gets downed immediately then spends the next 2 minutes screaming at us for being shit because we can't actually get to his box with our level of equipment and about 4 squads fucking about the area. Just muted him and left the area. Should have unmuted 5 minutes later to see if he was still dripping with impotent rage lol.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
god I keep getting "get 3 kills as Wattson" as a daily. wildly unfun one to get stuck with on the new map

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Man playing early morning as a plat sure is fun ! Sessions are fucking half full of diamonds and players who were Apex last season. -120Rp and counting let's go ! Sessions have zero balance whatsoever, I get steamrolled but hey at least there's less matchmaking time for the best players !

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Do unranked matches use skill-based matchmaking?
I logged into a wrong account and felt godlike with a three winning streak.
Meanwhile my lv70 account always can barely maintain 250 damange and 1 KD.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
They need to up the damage considerably AND remove either the heat mechanic or magazine limit. It shouldn't have both... it's just clumsy.
Titanfall 2 it didn't use ammo and it was one of my favorite weapons. Think it did more damage too. I don't ever touch it in apex. I would try using it if it didn't use ammo and limited ammo at that. I like the suggestion before that charge rifle should be in care packages and LSTAR should be a world spawn.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, Tuesday tomorrow which is normally patch day.

Sweepstakes on Charge Rifle nerf?

I'm thinking damage changes will be minimal but the small beam charge time will be increased somewhat significantly, the time between shots increased and the ammo used per shot changed so the small beam uses 1 shot and the main beam another shot with the mag size doubled to compensate.

I feel like damage changes are a hard tightrope to walk with the weapon because on paper the damage isn't that high, it's the burst of it and accuracy of it that's a problem.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Charge Rifle is gonna take 3 bullets per shot, have a max of 9 with no mag and it'll get bullet drop off.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised it didn't have range dropoff like selectfire havoc actually.

I still think the havoc should be able to have a turbo and selectfire at once, especially in a world where the charge rifle exists.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised it didn't have range dropoff like selectfire havoc actually.

I still think the havoc should be able to have a turbo and selectfire at once, especially in a world where the charge rifle exists.

It really should. That would make it so versatile. It's already a decent gun to use but I think that would increase the fun factor in it.

I don't see L-star moving from care packages. I'm thinking eventually they will put one of each weapon type within packages. Can you imagine an OP pistol of some sort? Maybe one that comes with an added slow ability if hit within a close range.

Solo requests seem to be lower now that the mode has passed. Looking back on it I'm not really sure it was that fun of a mode. There would definitely need to be more structure to it if it were to be viable long term. I'd be curious if a survey went out if more people would want a quad or duo mode compared to solo. I'm thinking it would be overwhelming in favor of more party modes and easier to implement from the developer side as well. Something so simple as changing the party total can alter the gameplay a lot. Taking down a quad squad is way harder and could make for interesting respawn battles. Duos could offer some unique run and gun style gameplay since you can run into a fair amount of solo players where a teammate hasn't been re-spawned. Both party modes would allow for ability synergy as well.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Its always the ones with incredible stats that play the worse.

We had a random with us last night with over 1000 crypto kills that couldn't hit a barn door with a hand full of sand at 2 feet... the guy was wiffing R-99 shots on a stationary target that was close enough to touch. Are these people handing over the controller to their little brothers/sisters when they play with us?

My mind is blown that these people have got to gold 1 and have stats like this.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Apex Legends is updating the training mode and will be called Firing Range.

"By popular request", Apex Legends developer Respawn is introducing a new training ground called firing range.

During the inaugural Apex Devstream on Friday, 11th October, Respawn devs discussed upcoming plans for the free-to-play battle royale, including details of an all-new training mode that gives players the opportunity to try out not just armour and abilities, but Apex's fine selection of firearms and attachments, too.

Here's a video timestamped to where you can see details.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Since the new firing range will work with your lobby, I hope it lets you do player damage so you can get a little practice in and have some fun.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finally made it to Plat 4, yay! Now the real grind starts for me, that is where things are getting tough! Let's hope it goes better than I think it will!

Looks like it's time for me to get back into Apex.

Woooh, nice, this looks dope! Somehow it's fun how it lowkey reminds me of Left 4 Dead (1/2). I have nostalgic flashbacks, I anticipate this mode a lot!
Let's get spoopy!

3v8H4od.gif

Anyelocp

Mar 28, 2019
Ok guys i need help!. When Im playing with my friends and im the host, it doesn't let them start the match with me, either they can't press the triangle for the "ready" option, or when they can, im the only one that get into the match and they stay on the lobby. Somebody told that it was a nat problem, I did the Dmz host thing (i know its dangerous, but its only my ps4, so not problem), and put my PS4 IP, but still the same happen. I don't know how to solve this since it look like im the only one having this issue, so i guess that it might be something related to my network.

Any advise ?

Hey, does anyone know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.