• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
There is a HUGE problem with people leaving the game as soon as they're killed as well. It's ruining the mode already.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
This mode is terrible, punches connect from fucking miles away. I just grappled away and died to a punch about 10m in the air.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I can't play on PS4 tonight, but I wanna try this event so badly I might as well try it on PC in the meantime!

I like the new map but I'm a bit disappointed in the train. In my experience it hasn't really resulted in the cool gunfights I was imagining. Seems like it gets looted at the beginning of matches then no-one really touches it after that. Especially as after the first couple of rings it's outside the safe zone most of the time. Maybe the suppy crates on it should refill at each station or something to encourage people to board it. At the moment it's basically the drop ship from the first map, but without a second one coming in part way through

I had fun on it lately, in a Platinum ranked match with teammates, we stayed on it for several minutes doing nothing but looting crates at each station, and since it was on the path towards the ring, we stayed on it for quite a while, basically reaching top 5 doing absolutely nothing but choo-choo's and that was nice. But yeah, overall it's still mostly trash.

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone talking about the legends being impossible to win and I've won it 5 times now and none as zombies because everyone just quits when they die.

Oct 25, 2017
It's also very difficult to get a kill on a legend that is inside the ship. I finally got a Shadows win because nobody got into the ship in the first place.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone talking about the legends being impossible to win and I've won it 5 times now and none as zombies because everyone just quits when they die.
I was pretty close to getting a win as a legend just now and was wondering why there were so few shadows towards the end, lmao. Guess that's how I'll get it.

Game Fan

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Apex players: Charge Rifle is OP!! Nerf it now!!!
Also, Apex players:

Cz35Qnd.gif

Kidding, I know the gun is OP but I have fun with it, :P

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I just escaped with 9 legends. Walls of death inside water treatment and a ton of enemies kept rushing into me to their death.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck this new game mode. Dying in one bullet as a shadow is so frustrating...and it takes multiple melee swings to kill someone?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot win as a shadow at all. People keep quitting so you're down like 10 people every match. :|

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
This mode makes no sense. Shadows just try to land directly on you hoping to get in a hit or 2 before getting instakilled.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
GOD DAMN that supply bin zombie scared the shit out of me haha. This is a great mode.

EDIT: uh, two (standard) games in a row people have asked me how to access the new mode. How are people so dumb?

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't help myself and opened two more boxes... Got the Epic P2020 and a regular Legendary Spitfire in the first one and the absolutely disgusting Gibraltar Legendary in the second one. :/ That was enough gambling for me so I just got the one skin I really wanted, Mastiff, think I'm set now.

On the other hand, unlocked the free R-301 and Devotion skins and I think they look really cool.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
I mean it's just an infected game mode, it's always boring after a couple of games. Wraith needs to be removed though.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess it goes down to personal experience. But the issue is that 90% of the battles are predictable. Legend sees zombie first? Legend wins. Zombie manages to get around or on top of the legend? Zombie wins with no effort. You're supposed to teamplay, sure thing, but as a legend you can't ping or do shit. Zombies practically have wallhack because they see you so easily. Unless you have the luck of having somewhat decent randoms, you're fucked.

Not feeling it at all so far. Won multiple matches so far but still it feels cheap.

This is literally every iteration of infection.

The whole point is the zombies need to stalk initially.

And towards the end its about throwing numbers/bodies at the survivors.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
This time you can unlock two Legendary skins for free, Devotion and Alternator, instead of gambling with two free boxes and potentially getting charms, poses or the hideous Gibby skin.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I can't get over the fact that you don't unlock any free packs. Like. It's outrageous
You get 5 regular apex packs for free in the battlepass as well as a caustic skin. Two legendary gun skins are also free in this event. This game is free to play and you are asking for even more free stuff that people have invested time and effort in. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've played atleast 10 matches ina. row trying to win as shadow and can't. Jesus christ.

Just had 10 shadow vs. 10 legends because everyone quit. The pathfinders and wraiths everywhere just basically guarantee someone will skip by and instantly get in the ship.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Funny, I played two games on PC, and the shadows won in overwhelming ways. I actually don't see how this is easy to win as a legend.

Having a lot of people quit in my games so it's usually 10v10, heh. Only played around 5 times or so. I can see it being a lot tougher if people actually stay in as shadows.

I played as Pathfinder and waited on a ledge next to Water Treatment after finding the next circle on a beacon. When it came time to evac, I zipped on top of the Treatment building and dropped down into the ship.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Played the new event for an hour and a half. Shadows didn't win a single game.

I scored like five wins as Legend so I'm cool with it, but something's not quite right there. I wasn't even using a character that has an advantage (went with Mirage the whole time because I thought invisibility would be useful, but realized it isn't when I played as a shadow. lol)

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Played the new event for an hour and a half. Shadows didn't win a single game.

I scored like five wins as Legend so I'm cool with it, but something's not quite right there. I wasn't even using a character that has an advantage (went with Mirage the whole time because I thought invisibility would be useful, but realized it isn't when I played as a shadow. lol)

Played three games, shadows won twice and three legends survived the other time.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over the fact that you don't unlock any free packs. Like. It's outrageous

I don't really see how it can be outrageous to not give you further free stuff?

I think it's probably not that smart from EAs point of view to be fair - a small chance of getting the skins for free would lead to a lot of people playing a lot more.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Shadows need bots if players quit imo. It's silly otherwise.

New map is growing on me again, when the loot goes moderately your way it's great.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I quite like Shadowfall. Don't think it's supposed to be super balanced or technical. It's just dumb Halloween fun.
For the record, I've seen equal success from both Legends and Shadows in my 2 hours of play.

Playing as a Shadow is actually pretty cool. Leaping and (infinite?) climbing everywhere to try and get the drop on people.
Would be nice if Shadow sky-dive speed was a bit faster, to mitigate the frustration of quick deaths.
I also agree it might be nice to see your fellow Shadows on the map, but at least you can sense deaths and make a beeline for any activity.

As a Legend, it gets really tense towards the end. Seeing all those red streaks in the sky is pretty chilling!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shadow fall is fun but seeing people team off drop is lame as hell. Had it happen twice so far and I've came back for them and I def just kept smacking and crouching on his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.