Apex Legends |OT2| Season 3: I Choo-Choose You, Crypto!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Man Apex is on fire right now. My squad got 7 wins today after not having time to post due to work. Felt damn good.

The event is fun! It’s not supposed to be sweaty. I prefer the new map over KC but it’s cool to see it at night.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Dec 14, 2017
Started Youtube today and there was a Gamespot stream of the new mode, watched a bit and decided to play later. My parent's TV isn't good for gaming (even at 1080p it sucks, unplayable) so I decided to play it on my PSVR (lol). Ofc I lost some image quality and it was near impossible to see/kill people from distance but it was still great, I even think the very low latency from the PSVR screen helped me in a few fights. Played one match of the new mode, was killed and then killed one of the last legends. Seems like a boring mode, honestly. Then played a ranked match and, to the surprise of absolutely noone, they still have a shity matchmaking system that matched me with... NOONE! I almost gave up before jumping from the ship but decided to give it a try... ended up finishing in the 3rd place with 3 kills (whole team!) and at least 3 other knockdowns (some probably from that same team but a at least one from a different character).

Foxashel

Jul 18, 2019
If I am final ten legend but don’t make it onto evac, but at least one person does... does that count as a Legendary win for me?

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dropped a 10 bomb with damn near 2K damage. I found my groove with the wingman AGAIN and I’m so happy I did. Feeling so confident again. Haven’t felt this way since I broke diamond last season.

Minx

Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Hmmm. So the new mode kinda sucks.

Everyone just quits making it impossible to win as the infected. How did you not think of this respawn? Smh.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what you guys are doing or where you are playing but shadows always win.

Getting a Legend win is bullshit because you have to get on the ship for it to count for you.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wattson in the new mode is one of the best to stop the infected. Just find the right building with low entry points and get your wingman ready for melting.

Papercuts

Oct 25, 2017
Wattson racks up kills but she can struggle actually moving out to the ship. She’s really fun though.

Legend wins are easy with path and wraith. The shadows can’t stop their kits at all, wraith portal + phase gets her there and anyone who portals since you instantly get into the ship. Path speaks for himself pretty much.

They’ve been all over every lobby I’ve been in, so when top 10 is like 8 characters like that someone’s getting through. Maybe it’d be different if I actually saw 25 shadows vs.10 legends but it’s never that.

SuperFinal

Cinematics Designer at Playground Games
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
They’ve been all over every lobby I’ve been in, so when top 10 is like 8 characters like that someone’s getting through. Maybe it’d be different if I actually saw 25 shadows vs.10 legends but it’s never that.
Quite interesting seeing the different experiences everyone is having. I played for a few hours of this last night on Xbone and the infected teams were always outnumbering the remaining legends by a really wide margin. In fact, I only saw Legends win three times in total and that was always with just one escaping. I imagine this changing a bit as the week goes on, as everyone starts to learn the pick-up points and begin hunkering down until the end.

Think I'm going to have to switch mains for this though, cause my trio of Caustic / Lifeline / Bloodhound aint much cop during the end-game.

Rosé Fighter

Aug 23, 2019
I was just in a match where players tried to make a pact by crouching pre-10 legends left

At first I did this, but then I had to do it and backstabbed one of them

...it was worth it

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
after 4 hours of playing this mode, not once did i manage to escape. and most games have had the legends win, too. i am not very good at it.

and yeah of course this mode is just full of pathfinders and wraiths. mirage can also sneak some wins in with how chaotic the end can be.

i just need to discipline myself about shooting instead of trying to outrun shadows since they die almost instantly anyway.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like it's damn near impossible to win as a Legend, this is a bit tiresome...
i’d recommend running as Wraith and staying quiet near the edge of the circle for most of the game, until you know where the evac ship is landing. try to avoid conflict if you can as every kill shows up on everyone’s screen. then just stay nearby holed up in a house somewhere until the ship has landed and then make a b-line for the point. when you’re closeish use your ability to avoid getting hit by any of the shadows and land on the spot - even if you get knocked the moment you pop back into the real world you should automatically teleport onto the ship. that’s how i got my first legend win anyway, planning on trying it out a few more times today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fugere Non Possum
Mar 30, 2018
France
i’d recommend running as Wraith and staying quiet near the edge of the circle for most of the game, until you know where the evac ship is landing. try to avoid conflict if you can as every kill shows up on everyone’s screen. then just stay nearby holed up in a house somewhere until the ship has landed and then make a b-line for the point. when you’re closeish use your ability to avoid getting hit by any of the shadows and land on the spot - even if you get knocked the moment you pop back into the real world you should automatically teleport onto the ship. that’s how i got my first legend win anyway, planning on trying it out a few more times today.

Well thanks for the tip because I tried Wraith just after reading your post, and got my first win immediately. I think I drove some shadows crazy with my back and forth with the portal at the end, huhuhu!

Last edited:

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Well thanks for the tip because I tried Wraith just after reading your post, and got my first win immediately. I think I drove some shadows crazy with my back and forth with the portal at the end, huhuhu!

You had absolutely no right to survive that hahaha. Downed in the circle just as the ship arrived as well!

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like the game I'll be forever disappointed by how it's monetized. Also what's the consensus on the event overall?