• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
So dailies that are "Play x game(s) as [Hero]" don't work in the Halloween mode. Pretty disappointing because I just needed to get one game as Crypto. Went into regulars and managed to EMP 2 teams at the same time while my teammates came in and finished both off. Got the W because of it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So dailies that are "Play x game(s) as [Hero]" don't work in the Halloween mode. Pretty disappointing because I just needed to get one game as Crypto. Went into regulars and managed to EMP 2 teams at the same time while my teammates came in and finished both off. Got the W because of it.

Weird.

I had get 3 knocks as bangalore and get 3 knocks as path, and the shadows surprisingly counted so it's super easy.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Are the skins from the Lifeline and Bloodhound edition already out? Or tomorrow?

Last edited:

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
ayuuuuup hiding as wraith and portaling in at the last second worked like a charm on my very first match of the day lol

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Got a legend win as CRYPTO hahaha! This game mode really suffers when people quit after dying. All ten legends escaped, which should tell you all you need to know.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a legend win as CRYPTO hahaha! This game mode really suffers when people quit after dying. All ten legends escaped, which should tell you all you need to know.

Respawn should make it that if you quit a game while you are still in play (be that in zombie mode, or while your banner is still on the field) you can not join any other match until said game isn't over, along with getting a nice 0 kills 0 damage loss in your stats. Ranked should punish that even better by imposing in-game time bans. 30 minute ban for example, that would mean you'd have to wait 30 minutes in-game as opposed to just hopping on to Fortnite or Rocket League to pass the time. On PC you can obviously just do something else but on consoles you can't multitask games. That would drastically improve the quitter situation in the game, and would make such modes where staying after death is crucial less of a pain in the ass. This game's biggest enemy remains the community being full of toxic people, and until Respawn decides to step up against that there will be no change anytime soon.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I received it this morning as well:

S4Ica9S.jpg

But just like Anabolex I can't activate the code either, it says it either doesn't exist, or has already been activated. I suppose I'll have to wait for the 18th for it to finally work, maybe? It's still a bit weird and unpleasant though.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018

S4Ica9S.jpg

But just like Anabolex I can't activate the code either, it says it either doesn't exist, or has already been activated. I suppose I'll have to wait for the 18th for it to finally work, maybe? It's still a bit weird and unpleasant though.
Man, I was ready to flex the skin a day early. I will try again at midnight.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I usually never buy skins but Ive decided today that I will get the Caustic, Gib and Mirage skins. They're all so good and Respawn deserves the support. I got the Bang and Longbow even skin through an event loot tick and those are dope too.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Nevermind, I just received an email that it will be delivered today. If no one else does I will try to provide a screenshot.

It says that they are exclusive to the boxed versions on the EA website.
They're exclusive to the boxed editions, which is quite annoying in some countries. At least the PC version doesn't seem to be anywhere in Finland so the grey markets have become my only choice. I'll buy from CDKeys.com which has been reliable in the past.

Damn, they look really good. If they look good ingame I might end up buying them. 20 € is a bit pricey, but on the other there's also a gun skin an 1.000 coins included.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So, I had been pretty lucky in all my hours of Apex, didn't meet a lot of assholes. But the one I played with today (in Plat ranked, no less) was... one of a kind. That Crypto spewed incredibly sexist misogynist insults at me because I had the audacity to ask him to speak English so that the third teammate could understand us (Crypto was French, Caustic was Russian I think). He really didn't like it and started to insult me in many uncreative ways both in French and English (spot the irony of someone saying they can't speak English, yet kept insulting me in English and was definitely understanding everything the other teammate and I were saying in English). The video clip really doesn't contain the most heated moments, as I saved the clip way too late for them to be included, the brunt of the (incredibly violent) insults happened before the beginning of the video, but it's still pretty telling how toxic this user was. I don't know how to report such user, they really should be banned into oblivion, so I tweeted Apex & EA about it. I'm mad there still isn't a report button (but even if there was, when I was looking at the squad tab, his banner wasn't showing so I couldn't even mute them. Funnily enough his banner shows up in the video though, so I don't know what the hell is up with this bug, it's the second time I was looking to mute a toxic player but couldn't because their banner would just not show at all in the squad tab).

You have to push the sound real loud to hear them, they probably didn't agree to voice sharing or whatever, hence why they're super low, but you can still hear them here and there. They kept pinging their banners as well (because, of course they fucking did), and then unmuted themselves to laugh and call us noobs and insult us one more time at the end of the game. It was so caricatural it became funny, honestly. But yeah, please @Respawn or @EA or @Playstation, ban that worthless prick, thanks.

Last edited:

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
Vault keys drop far too often. I pictured the vault just being on fairly sized area on the map that lucky key holders would have a chance to fight over. I don't even pick up the keys anymore unless I land in areas next to vaults.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Died to Wraiths with 10k+ kills three time in a row in regular matches. One of them had a Wattson teammate with 100+ season 3 wins, another a Pathfinder with 1500 overall wins. It's def skill based matchmaking and it's stupid.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017

S4Ica9S.jpg

Nice. Let us know if the drone gets a skin, too. It was datamined, but I think they would've advertised it was a part of the set if it was actually coming in-game...

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018

S4Ica9S.jpg

Aww shoot :( hope it works tomorrow for you. o(≧口≦)o

Nevermind, I just received an email that it will be delivered today. If no one else does I will try to provide a screenshot.
Much obliged!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man I have a legend win but I can't get a shadow win lol.

the ONE time I saw Shadows win I was a legend lol. With that said I've only played 6-7 games but I'll try more tonight.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Man I have a legend win but I can't get a shadow win lol.

the ONE time I saw Shadows win I was a legend lol. With that said I've only played 6-7 games but I'll try more tonight.
I think that now that quitting as a shadow is so prevalent, and everyone knows how to sneak to the drop ship, shadow wins are gonna be real tough. I'm glad I knocked mine out in the first hour.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Damn, I love Shadowfall. When there`s only 10 "alive" players left and the rest is a horde of Predator-like creatures, it gets fucking intense.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
So is the loot. 3 games in tonight and haven't found anything other than a p2020. Fucking garbage.

Also I wish closing doors closed doors. What's the point in even doing it in combat they just fucking do nothing half the time. I get killed so often because I shut a door and get shot through it 4 times after it closes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Can't believe PC users can unlock it already while my PS4-using ass has to wait for god knows when until I can finally use my code.
Me @Respawn: letmein.gif

Funny how this Youtuber is like "I think the Bloodhound version is way cooler" while it has such damn try-hard dark edgy xXx666xXx energy to me. Lifeline is the superior of the two versions, by a very large margin.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think that now that quitting as a shadow is so prevalent, and everyone knows how to sneak to the drop ship, shadow wins are gonna be real tough. I'm glad I knocked mine out in the first hour.

I managed to win roughly an hour ago but I agree. Winning as a shadow will probably get harder, and as a Legend it'll probably get easier.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to win roughly an hour ago but I agree. Winning as a shadow will probably get harder, and as a Legend it'll probably get easier.

Yeah, I've seen one shadow win and thankfully I was a part of it. The "escape on the drop ship 25 times" badge probably won't help things later in the event either.

Will probably grind out the skins for the hell of it, but it's just not all that fun of an event, IMO.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I've have quite a handful of shadow wins actually. I see how it can become difficult to get one if people quit, but thankfully, it's not always the case. Even if they do, I find it interesting to get onto that challenge of killing everybody still. I'm currently on my 10th win as a legend though. I think I've had like 6 or 7 just today. That badge is gonna get done easier than I thought it would, but I guess this game mode favors sneaky players like me (knowing where to jump, and what path to take is so important). Playing Wraith is the best indeed, her ult and tactical combined are always deadly as soon as that ship is ready to take off, that's 100% why I win these games, since that was always the part where I would end up dead with Pathfinder.

I've had several people teaming up with me before there's only 10 legends on the map, funny enough, they never made it out alive while I usually did. I don't mind them tagging along (as long as they don't kill me, in which case I will HAUNT them), but I won't stick my neck out too much if they're not doing exactly as I do. They actually can be a liability, but also a good source of distraction when I finally have to get on that ship. Basically, don't trust me to have too much of your back near the end, a girl gotta do what she gotta do 🤷

As soon as that badge challenge is done, I'll probably spam the game as a shadow, by killing myself at the very start, and jump back right into the game just in time to see those last legends dropping from the ship and stalking them to death. Like this dude:

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't all rounds be like this lol. Just constant carnage from the first second.

V1hOww3.png

10 Kills in 8 mins.

Last edited:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Made it to Platinum. Think I'll give ranked a break now, but curious, is it as sweaty as last season? People camping?

Or has the multiplier encouraged aggression?

Status
Not open for further replies.