• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
New map is great. It could use 1 or 2 more unique POIs on the west side of the map, but as a whole I enjoy it more than King's Canyon. The interior fights in particular are 100x better than King's Canyon's interior fights. It's beautiful too.

(I *don't*, however, enjoy the pretty substantial frame drops in Capitol City on my One X)

I'm sure the map will change and evolve over the next few seasons for sure. The map is amazing. Far better than KC.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shadowfall is kinda silly because if people don't quit the shadows win 95% of the time. If people do quit than legends have it ezpz.

We had an incredible last zone for the evac ship the other night. The evac ship was on the left side of artillery just before the tunnel with all the crates. So almost all of us set up in that tunnel because it was an easy bottle neck for the shadows. We all moved as a unit to the evac ship. I was wraith and phased at the last second to move under the ship and I swear I got downed RIGHT before the ship picked me up lol.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
So it looks the R99 / Peacekeeper combo is the best in the game right now according to Viss and Nice Wigg....Interesting that this would work so well on a long range map.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So it looks the R99 / Peacekeeper combo is the best in the game right now according to Viss and Nice Wigg....Interesting that this would work so well on a long range map.
I feel like the map isn't as long-range as it first appears. Yeah there a lot of long sightlines, but there are plenty of ways to close the gap and end up right in someone's face. Plus with the loot vaults all in caves, there are a lot of tunnel fights.

That's not even mentioning the city areas, which are CQC paradise.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Good info in here, but also a lot of "and here I reload, and then here I switch to the Wingman." Yeah guy I can see that.

Also, the biggest factor in that kind of performance is "be very good at shooting mans." I just can't do that, chief.

Yeah, a lot of the great players can shoot their way out of bad rotations and map positioning to the point where they don't even think about it during a pubstomp. Not all that useful for someone actually trying to learn.

For mere mortals, I'd say a big factor for improving would be positioning and rotations. Always be keenly aware of where you are on the map and if you'd be in a better position to win a gunfight than the other team if they stumbled upon you. Don't loiter around in the low ground of an area, and always think about your movement as cover-to-cover.

That, and constantly be considering the best way to enter the next ring to be an advantageous position for your next rotation. Very rarely is a b-line directly into the next ring going to put you in the best spot on the map. So many bad players just let the ring ride their backs and let it dictate their rotation. It forces you into poor scenarios you wouldn't be in if you give yourself ample time to rotate if possible. As soon as you see the next ring, start thinking about your path into the best position inside of it and relay your thinking to your teammates.

Maybe that's all common sense, but I think it helps a lot to keep it at the forefront of your thinking during the match.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a bunch again after dropping for a few months and man, I just adore the game all over. Didn't play when the true solo mode was active, how was that received and any chance of that coming back?
Just had a series of games with truly potato team mates so Shadowfall was nice to just say fuck it and go on my lonesome. I can dig ballsy and dumb plays, but I'm talking being shitheads because they didnt get the legend/weapon they wanted or moving in two separate directions, getting ambushed then pinging for revive/banner lol.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I will never get a shadow win. Its not possible. Not unless they start perma banning the quitters. Its impossible. Possibly the worst game mode I've ever played.

15 LEGENDS REMAIN
5 SHADOWS

like they must have known right? How do you make something this boring by accident?

Yeah. It's all but in possible. The one win I managed to get yesterday felt like a rare fluke.

I like the idea behind it but it is definitely frustrating when you're trying to "win" it.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys on console? I've had very few issues with too few shadows on PC. Legends still win most of the time, but there's usually ~15 shadows at the end.

Oct 25, 2017
So I found out that you auto-revive and get on the ship if you're knocked down on the evacuation circle. That'll make things even easier for legends.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It's all but in possible. The one win I managed to get yesterday felt like a rare fluke.

I like the idea behind it but it is definitely frustrating when you're trying to "win" it.
They should have had challenges like win x times as x or kill x legends as shadow to incentivize people to play shadows.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Huge Apex youtuber:

Good to see more people are acknowledging this and I'm not crazy, sad that the game is just not very fun to play now. :/ Had a Bangalore with 8k+ kills t-bag me after winning a 1vs1 against me in pubs today, very enjoyable...

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, a friend of mine recently started playing again, and his game is stuttering horribly for him after patching. Anyone else have this issue that may know a fix? We have ruled out it being anything connection or gpu related. It's only Apex, and he didn't have the issue before he updated the game.

Hoping someone might have some insight.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huge Apex youtuber:

Good to see more people are acknowledging this and I'm not crazy, sad that the game is just not very fun to play now. :/ Had a Bangalore with 8k+ kills t-bag me after winning a 1vs1 against me in pubs today, very enjoyable...

Did they make matchmaking skill based in casual games? Because I swear there are tons of Diamonds in my games this season. I was Diamond last season, but the people I play casual games with definitely aren't, and we get stomped on regularly this season.

It's awful and makes my friends feel super shitty at the game.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering if it was just me. I don't know if it's matchmaking fuckery or what, but I feel like this game thinks I'm a lot better than I actually am and is constantly putting me with people who are consistently trouncing the shit out of me. I don't even play Ranked, but it'd probably be an easier experience at this point because I'm still Bronze there.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Did they make matchmaking skill based in casual games? Because I swear there are tons of Diamonds in my games this season. I was Diamond last season, but the people I play casual games with definitely aren't, and we get stomped on regularly this season.

It's awful and makes my friends feel super shitty at the game.
No they didn't.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Huge Apex youtuber:

I guess maybe I'm missing something here...Are high level players who are used to pubstomping really upset that they're playing the game with other players who are in a similar skill bracket? Because that's how this reads. A very low level player shouldn't be matched up against anyone high level and that makes sense for a bunch of reasons - namely that anyone just starting the game would quit it immediately out of frustration.
Only thing I can think might be happening to you guys is that you're matching other players who are close to same casual level as you. So if you're level 100++ you'll play with others at that level. I do not think SBMM is in the game, but they have to have some guidelines for matching. It'd be a total shitshow if they didn't.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
You're definitely in the minority if you think its "horrible". That is pure hyperbole right there, dude. The problem is that you haven't played it enough to make any kind of assessment on it.
You are right sorry, horrible might be the wrong word to use. I do feel like the map is a little too big though. I can legit run around for most of a game only encountering 1 or 2 squads. On Kings Canyon, I could drop mostly anywhere on the map and encounter squad after squad. Kings Canyon is a lot more run and gun where as Worlds Edge is more of run and run and run and run and then gun.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much ignored Season 2, but been playing a few games the past 2 days and probably won 4/10. Damn. I forgot how good Apex is.

Just right now, me and my team got caught in a fire fight. I was finished off. And soon after my teammate was finished off. He quit immediately, bum.

My other teammate was able to finish off one guy, get my banner, and finish off the 3rd guy.

He did respawned me, and slowly we tried to find weapons for myself while using my Crypto to scout areas.

Last circle. I manage to save him, we finish off a few guys. Then I flank the central circle and toss some nades and he makes shots and we win lol

I messaged him GG after the game. That was hype.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing more lately. I don't remember the fucking RE-45 BEING SUCH A GODDAMNED MONSTER HOLY SHIT. I feel like I play better with it over the alternator/r-99. Which is bizzare. On paper, that should be the case. What the hell is happening here? People are pushing me and dying. It just spits so much ammo at once and then you can just dart back behind cover after emptying. It also doesn't kick too much considering its fire rate.

Yesterday I was playing regular matches with one teammate and one random. Beginning of the match, random dies and leaves, teammate dies at the top of a building in Capitol. I wait until his timer is about to run out to go for his banner and I get shot at by the full squad that killed him. They were camping the banner for over a full minute later. Again, this was the beginning of a pubs match. This skill based matchmaking bs is by far the worst thing that happened to the game.
Wait. Did something change? Wasn't ranked always skill based matchmaking?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I guess maybe I'm missing something here...Are high level players who are used to pubstomping really upset that they're playing the game with other players who are in a similar skill bracket? Because that's how this reads. A very low level player shouldn't be matched up against anyone high level and that makes sense for a bunch of reasons - namely that anyone just starting the game would quit it immediately out of frustration.
Only thing I can think might be happening to you guys is that you're matching other players who are close to same casual level as you. So if you're level 100++ you'll play with others at that level. I do not think SBMM is in the game, but they have to have some guidelines for matching. It'd be a total shitshow if they didn't.

Players up to about level 9 always have and still do have their own bot lobbies.

A theory I've heard is that the game now wants an above average player in every squad and matches them with two random players, expecting the good one to carry. The problem with that is that the good players will squad up and you'll now be put against them while you have two randoms, standing no chance. In my experience this sounds about right, I still keep getting low level randoms but almost every time I now get killed by enemies with 10k+ kills.

Of course, but I'm talking about casual normal matches. They've become almost like ranked, except without losing points when you die. I assume this is only really a huge change for players that hit Predator/have above average stats, it might be unnoticeable to most.

According to my overall stats, I win once every five to six games. But these days I'll literally lose twenty games in a row and it's not because I'm playing that much worse. It's not fun.

Last edited:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I'm addicted to iTemp's videos, so I'm super bummed he won't upload as frequently now.
I'm also struggling a lot with the new season, but I'm a mediocre player and just assumed it was because of the new map and gun changes. Haven't payed much attention to who killed me.
That said, I can't see an easy solution. It's impossible to balance teams correctly

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Players up to about level 9 always have and still do have their own bot lobbies.

A theory I've heard is that the game now wants an above average player in every squad and matches them with two random players, expecting the good one to carry. The problem with that is that the good players will squad up and you'll now be put against them while you have two randoms, standing no chance. In my experience this sounds about right, I still keep getting low level randoms but almost every time I now get killed by enemies with 10k+ kills.

Of course, but I'm talking about casual normal matches. They've become almost like ranked, except without losing points when you die. I assume this is only really a huge change for players that hit Predator/have above average stats, it might be unnoticeable to most.

According to my overall stats, I win once every five to six games. But these days I'll literally lose twenty games in a row and it's not because I'm playing that much worse. It's not fun.

It's interesting. I mean, it could be the case. No one really knows what the algorithm is doing. How long does it take you to find a non-ranked match? If there were some type of SBMM in casual matchmaking I would imagine it'd take longer to pair you up since you're a high level player BUT that being said, the game is super popular right now so maybe there's enough good players to pull from since the population is so high.

I played yesterday for about 3 hours with two average players and we got stomped every single game. We couldn't believe it. If I play for 3 hours I'm used to getting atleast a few wins but we got none yesterday. The big culprit was that we kept going into the final 5 squads and still only having white armor and guns that weren't fully kitted out. The loot was noticeably worse for us all day yesterday.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Been playing more lately. I don't remember the fucking RE-45 BEING SUCH A GODDAMNED MONSTER HOLY SHIT. I feel like I play better with it over the alternator/r-99. Which is bizzare. On paper, that should be the case. What the hell is happening here? People are pushing me and dying. It just spits so much ammo at once and then you can just dart back behind cover after emptying. It also doesn't kick too much considering its fire rate.

Nice Wigg said he'll dump a R301 for RE45 now. The gun is crazy good.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
There's something about the feeling of the RE45 that makes me dislike it so damn much, I just can't shoot right with it, so I'll still pick a R301/Alternator/R99 over it anytime of the day, forever and ever.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's going to be very interesting to see what happens to the population of this game once COD drops in a few days. I don't think Apex is going anywhere but it's going to take a hit - just like every other game out there.

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be very interesting to see what happens to the population of this game once COD drops in a few days. I don't think Apex is going anywhere but it's going to take a hit - just like every other game out there.
I don't trust COD any more after the microtransaction shitshow that is Black Ops 4. Can't believe that Apex Legends is a free to play game from EA that is much more playable without extra purchases than COD the full price game.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
It's interesting. I mean, it could be the case. No one really knows what the algorithm is doing. How long does it take you to find a non-ranked match? If there were some type of SBMM in casual matchmaking I would imagine it'd take longer to pair you up since you're a high level player BUT that being said, the game is super popular right now so maybe there's enough good players to pull from since the population is so high.

I played yesterday for about 3 hours with two average players and we got stomped every single game. We couldn't believe it. If I play for 3 hours I'm used to getting atleast a few wins but we got none yesterday. The big culprit was that we kept going into the final 5 squads and still only having white armor and guns that weren't fully kitted out. The loot was noticeably worse for us all day yesterday.

Same for me. I only had time for a couple of matches, but they were so damn horrible. Some matches I didn't even find a gun. But when you are chasing another player with a P2020 to kill him and you finally knock him down and finish him after about 2 magazines you know that you're not the only one who has problems finding loot.

Honestly I'm considering picking it up as well. The beta was really fun. But I doubt I'll drop Apex for it. Apex is too much fun.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Same for me. I only had time for a couple of matches, but they were so damn horrible. Some matches I didn't even find a gun. But when you are chasing another player with a P2020 to kill him and you finally knock him down and finish him after about 2 magazines you know that you're not the only one who has problems finding loot.

Honestly I'm considering picking it up as well. The beta was really fun. But I doubt I'll drop Apex for it. Apex is too much fun.

Yeah - I'm not going to get COD unless some of my Apex crew comes over with me though...

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Playing in Ranked as Gold II and for the first time ever, won the match with 5 kills (no assists) for full points.

Man, did that ever feel fantastic. Too bad I wasn't Kill Leader so no Apex Predator badge for me, but certainly my next milestone to strive for.

HelloMeow

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know if the game deliberately finds one decent player and two terrible players, but it seems that way. 90% of my games is me doing 1000 damage and my two teammates doing less than 200. It's not fun.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I do notice solo queuing is SUPER weird. I always get 2 people that are like less than level 50.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea same here. It is like they are balancing us with 2 less experienced players. Not saying I'm all that and a bag of chips, but that's kinda too consistent.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Also experiencing the same with solo mm, usually paired with randoms under level 100. I don't play ranked, so I'm bottom tier bronze, but a decent player in casual. Definitely not strong enough to carry 2 people who don't understand the game yet and/or refuse to work as a team, though.

Anyone else think the loot availability is a bit odd this season? I'll regularly find 3 of the exact same weapon or mod within a small area of the map. Never noticed that before? It's like it's not randomizing the loot properly.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Yea same here. It is like they are balancing us with 2 less experienced players. Not saying I'm all that and a bag of chips, but that's kinda too consistent.

Yea, I had been noticing my ranked matches getting some Bronze levels as well (as a Gold III); I just assumed that there was a glitch in the way the game was displaying their rank or the other two were a party and I was the 3rd Wheel. Then they started talking on mic and I could tell that they were strangers.

Incidentally, my performance is a whole lot better since these "changes" to affect -- winning 3 of my last 4 matches and getting a Top 6 in that 4th match.

Status
Not open for further replies.