• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i think the best thing about apex is that i almost always switch up my weapons from when i first land to looting later in the game.

Do i want to grab this turbo charge and look for a devotion? do i keep this choke and hope i come across a peacekeeper/tripleTake? Do i hold onto this purp mag for a heavy weapon if i come across a wingman? it's never exactly the same for me and i like that.

other games i'd always have one or two guns i'd always run and the just focus on seeing them first with positional advantage. (cough cod)
apex is why i havent even started The Outer World yet lol. im so bad :(

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Some more Apex stuff from the EA earnings call Q&A:

Andrew Wilson, CEO: Obviously, Apex is a new live service, which we will invest heavily to try to continue to grow that business. We view that as a annual shooter franchise effectively, and we're trying to build that as a 10-year business, not a one year or two year business. And we're very excited about the roadmap that the Respawn team has put in place.
Andrew Wilson: The second is we now effectively have an annualized shooter on Apex Legends, and we see tremendous growth opportunity that again continue to engage.
Question: One thing that was not mentioned was Titanfall 3, and has that been sort of integrated now into Apex Legends? Is that's still being looked at as a separate title?

Andrew Wilson: It's a -- certainly, it could be a separate title in the future. We really want to keep the team hyper-focused on Apex because we see there's so much opportunity there. But -- so I can't give you a sense of if and when it will come. But we're still a great brand and we certainly won't forget about it down the road.
Blake Jorgensen, COO/CFO: The key with Apex as any live service is test and learn test and learn. So as Andrew described, we are continuing to add new events in each season to try to understand the spending patterns and what people like to spend money on and how much they'll spend. And we'll then tune those events over time. So there is going to be holiday-themed events like the Halloween event that's going on now. There are going to be competitive style events, there are going to be gameplay style events and then events associated with new characters or as you saw in this season and the new map. All of that is along the lines of continuing to try to grow and build the number of players, the weekly average users, the frequency of play and the monetization that falls out of all those combined together. And that -- there is a process that we've done over the last 11 years in Ultimate Team, and I think we've gotten pretty good at it. And we're pretty excited about how we're doing that with Apex. So more to come, but I think we're heading in a very positive path there.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yep, time to give this game a rest...

My luck has ran out.

Last 3 deaths I've suffered have been from a bloodhound who just so happened to have her Ult ready as I was using Mirages Ult.

Can't compete with that. lol

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not really excited about Duos, but hey, at least I'm glad they're gonna be some for the people that wanna play that way.
I keep having real bad teammates in pub, and being paired with level 30 something people who don't listen to anything at all, and this is honestly wearing me down. Most of the people in my friendlist who used to play Apex, don't play anymore, so... yeah. I'm being solo a lot, and that's difficult. At least my battlepass grind is going well, I'm level 65 or 66, don't remember which. And yes, I still haven't bought it anyway.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else find the wingman impossible to use these days? I just can't land hits with it, ever.
Wraiths animations desperately need changing still, going half her height while adading makes many weapons useless against her.

Last edited:

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Delighted duos is finally coming. I really hope it is enough of a success for them to have it become permanent. Notable this season that they've kind of always had something going on each week. Week 0 was the new map, week 1 the vaults, week 2 the halloween LTM, and now week 5 will be doubles.

I like playing with threes but if I only have the one friend on it would be nice not to have to worry about that one extra person on the team for once!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just hit Plat today after climbing something like 450 points in a few games. The real grind begins now....Can already tell it's going to be super nuts trying to get to Diamond this season.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I just hit a pathfinder like 5 times with a havoc and only 2 shots actually did damage then died in 2 hits with a full blue shield from a havoc fired by the same guy 🤔

I'd also definitely rather have 2 level ones in my squad than anyone with a 20 kill badge. I don't know how these idiots got the badge because they are unilaterally awful.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I legit cannot kill anyone tonight 😒 Even when I get solid teammates I have awful gear or we just get a terrible bad luck fight.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd also definitely rather have 2 level ones in my squad than anyone with a 20 kill badge. I don't know how these idiots got the badge because they are unilaterally awful.

Amen.

Its always the ones with amazing stats and predator trials that are the worse in solo queues.

I'm guessing they feel invincible because of their excessive pride while players that are lower ranked play more cautious and stick to their team.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
why do people insist on landing on the train? there's barely enough loot for one person, let alone more than one squad. hot dropping onto it is basically guaranteeing that one or more of your team are instantly dead. it's better to try and catch the train during the match when you've already got a body shield and a weapon.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
why do people insist on landing on the train? there's barely enough loot for one person, let alone more than one squad. hot dropping onto it is basically guaranteeing that one or more of your team are instantly dead. it's better to try and catch the train during the match when you've already got a body shield and a weapon.
90% of my games are the opposite experience. If you don't drop train, there's nothing left later. Very rarely have I seen an unlooted train after the first minute or two of a match. And my squad almost always gets at least 1 or 2 purple shields and a couple of phoenix kits on train.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
90% of my games are the opposite experience. If you don't drop train, there's nothing left later. Very rarely have I seen an unlooted train after the first minute or two of a match. And my squad almost always gets at least 1 or 2 purple shields and a couple of phoenix kits on train.
yeah it's rare to not have it looted at the beginning of the match, but there's still a chance - especially if the initial route isn't heading past Capitol, which it usually is. i've had a few games where the train started on the very far edge of the map, and when it came past it hadn't been looted yet. but either way, i never find that there's enough on it for 3 people, especially - it's just a really inconsistent place to land. i'd rather just hot drop into Capitol, because i feel there at least i'll be able to grab body armour and a weapon - not just one or the other.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Reached Diamond this morning, with plenty of time to spare compared to last season. Gonna go for that Predator run now.

The flow of my sessions is completely different on this map. Most games our squad dies before top 10, but a few good runs here and there are enough to make all of it up very quickly. They've got a great thing going with the assist system and I hope they keep it that way.

Not really excited about Duos, but hey, at least I'm glad they're gonna be some for the people that wanna play that way.
I keep having real bad teammates in pub, and being paired with level 30 something people who don't listen to anything at all, and this is honestly wearing me down. Most of the people in my friendlist who used to play Apex, don't play anymore, so... yeah. I'm being solo a lot, and that's difficult.

I added like 30 or so randoms this season after good games and they're literally never here when I'm playing lol
Hopefully we can catch some games again some time ! My hours are shitty but surely we'll cross paths at some point

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
that feel when you're in gold, get grouped with 2 Bronze 4 players, get 5 kills, a squad wipe, then 3rd party a fight, take out 3 of the guys, break the shields of 2 more, then look at the map and see your squad left the fight to loot a building lmao.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
that feel when you're in gold, get grouped with 2 Bronze 4 players, get 5 kills, a squad wipe, then 3rd party a fight, take out 3 of the guys, break the shields of 2 more, then look at the map and see your squad left the fight to loot a building lmao.

This is literally me every two games. Major fail of today was my team third-partying a tons of squads near the end of the game. We're in train yard, came from the tunnel under, took the stairs, I downed several people from different teams and keep pushing, the whole place is a cemetery full of death boxes, there's one enemy left standing so I keep pushing, after playing cat and mouse with him for 20 seconds he finally puts me down, I then notice my team was... looting 50m away instead of pushing with me. I scolded them, the enemy thirsted me in the meantime, they finally realized what had happened, tried to came to the rescue, the enemy downed one of them, the ring started moving, the enemy died to it and so did one of my teammates. The third one made it to safety, healed themselves and went for our banners. It was honestly an easy save, but they didn't run and didn't slide while in the storm, and died a centimeter away from the ring after having picked our banners. It was like looking at a car crash in utterly slow motion. Anybody could have retrieved our banners easily had they been running, hiding weapons and sliding. Our banners were really that close.

There was one team left in the game, and they won by doing nothing. It was a game that I feel we could have easily won, if only my teammates had had more than two braincells and didn't spend their time looting as if they were little loot goblins attracted by everything that shines.
Sometimes, it be like that. But these days it feels like it's always like that. Me having to deal with people who apparently barely know how to play the game, that I have to hard carry and that I absolutely can't rely on for anything whatsoever, not even the very bare minimum that anybody at any skill level should be able to provide. It's exhausting.

Last edited:

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
I keep having real bad teammates in pub, and being paired with level 30 something people who don't listen to anything at all, and this is honestly wearing me down. Most of the people in my friendlist who used to play Apex, don't play anymore, so... yeah. I'm being solo a lot, and that's difficult. At least my battlepass grind is going well, I'm level 65 or 66, don't remember which. And yes, I still haven't bought it anyway.
This is literally me every two games. Major fail of today was my team third-partying a tons of squads near the end of the game. We're in train yard, came from the tunnel under, took the stairs, I downed several people from different teams and keep pushing, the whole place is a cemetery full of death boxes, there's one enemy left standing so I keep pushing, after playing cat and mouse with him for 20 seconds he finally puts me down, I then notice my team was... looting 50m away instead of pushing with me. I scolded them, the enemy thirsted me in the meantime, they finally realized what had happened, tried to came to the rescue, the enemy downed one of them, the ring started moving, the enemy died to it and so did one of my teammates. The third one made it to safety, healed themselves and went for our banners. It was honestly an easy save, but they didn't run and didn't slide while in the storm, and died a centimeter away from the ring after having picked our banners. It was like looking at a car crash in utterly slow motion. Anybody could have retrieved our banners easily had they been running, hiding weapons and sliding. Our banners were really that close.

There was one team left in the game, and they won by doing nothing. It was a game that I feel we could have easily won, if only my teammates had had more than two braincells and didn't spend their time looting as if they were little loot goblins attracted by everything that shines.
Sometimes, it be like that. But these days it feels like it's always like that. Me having to deal with people who apparently barely know how to play the game, that I have to hard carry and that I absolutely can't rely on for anything whatsoever, not even the very bare minimum that anybody at any skill level should be able to provide. It's exhausting.
what platform do you play on Delphine? there's a couple of us from this thread that occasionally play together on PS4. not promising that i'm particularly great at the game - but i do try and communicate properly with mics in a premade squad, which helps a lot.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
At platinum 1 I find dropping in populated areas gives you more of a chance of survival.

The drops are spread out massively and even dropping into places that aren't as popular like some of overlook will end with you instantly fighting another team.

I've dropped at the train 3 times at this level and I was alone each time.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
First solo game in Plat yesterday and I had a Pathfinder who didn't get a body shield or weapon for the whole first round of the match even after me and the other teammate kept pinging them. He of course died instantly in our first fight with 24 damage total. How the hell do these people make it into plat?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The faults that the game has show themselves massively at higher ranks. It's frustrating having a team of 3 chase you precisely while your using mirages Ult and running through buildings, yet they sneak up behind you without making a single sound.

I can't believe the game has been out for so long and still has sound glitches. Id be quite happy of they scrapped next seasons battlepass or cash in event to work on it.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't seen this final ring before. Definitely the coolest ring I've seen on World's Edge, especially considering how many teams remained and had to converge. Head on a swivel!

Pinging might be a little confusing, haha. We're a regular team in a party and I'm marking where I've seen a team and where they might travel, not telling us to move.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So I finally accomplished a dream of mine since I started playing Apex, and it's to get: a #GIRLSQUAD!
The stars finally aligned, and I managed to create a full women team for the duration of several consecutive games, and we had: a lot of fun. I met Wraith on the 2nd week I started playing this game (so we go WAY back), and we've been playing together a lot, grinding them levels together, so we know each other quite well (although she hasn't played S3 much due to work, so she was not fully at ease, she still pulled through). The Octane is someone I met while grinding Gold a month ago, I noticed that player was playing nicely and responded well to my vocal communication, so I invited them and befriended them, and then ta-dah, she opened up her mic and I realized she was a woman and was like "YUSSS!". And today, I made them meet each other and play together, and it was: a blast. Full mic & ping communication, reactivity to the max, sticking with each other, looking out for each other, damn that's in moments like these that Apex shines the most.

We ended up winning a game we never thought had any chance of winning in the first place, guess those white body shields brought us luck, instead of bringing us protection from bullets, but it's ok!

I know it sounds probably silly, but damn I'm so happy this finally could happen. Expect the #GIRLSQUAD wiping you in a lobby nearby! (I'm kidding, I don't know if the stars will align again for us to play together in the future, but... STILL!)

Reached Diamond this morning, with plenty of time to spare compared to last season. Gonna go for that Predator run now.

The flow of my sessions is completely different on this map. Most games our squad dies before top 10, but a few good runs here and there are enough to make all of it up very quickly. They've got a great thing going with the assist system and I hope they keep it that way.

I added like 30 or so randoms this season after good games and they're literally never here when I'm playing lol
Hopefully we can catch some games again some time ! My hours are shitty but surely we'll cross paths at some point

Congratz on reaching Diamond, wew! Must have been a grind. I'm still stuck on Platinum 4, but I'm not at the bottom anymore? I think I have 150 points, and knowing me that's a feat, so I'm proud! I'm not playing ranked much though, so I should get back to it and keep on grinding, because I think I could managed to push through as well, if I invest enough time in it.

what platform do you play on Delphine? there's a couple of us from this thread that occasionally play together on PS4. not promising that i'm particularly great at the game - but i do try and communicate properly with mics in a premade squad, which helps a lot.

I play on PS4! I don't care if people aren't particularly great, I am not either, as long as people communicate and stick with their mates, that's all I'm asking for, really :'D Don't hesitate to send me your PSN and I'll add you!

First solo game in Plat yesterday and I had a Pathfinder who didn't get a body shield or weapon for the whole first round of the match even after me and the other teammate kept pinging them. He of course died instantly in our first fight with 24 damage total. How the hell do these people make it into plat?

I don't know fam, I have met so many utterly bad players while grinding Platinum solo, and people that were playing in ways that baffled me to no end. I don't know how they reached Platinum in the first place in S2, but I somehow guess that all they knew to do was... camping. I guess. I see no other explanation.

Hadn't seen this final ring before. Definitely the coolest ring I've seen on World's Edge, especially considering how many teams remained and had to converge. Head on a swivel!

Pinging might be a little confusing, haha. We're a regular team in a party and I'm marking where I've seen a team and where they might travel, not telling us to move.

That was a pretty enjoyable win, you guys had the perfect positioning here and you held it well! And I relate to the pinging communication style, I do the exact same all the time.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
crazy plat win

platwin.png

Normally games are slower, but this one was non stop action. Will upload later.

25 kills among us 3. Had 9 kills, 3 assists.

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Excited for Duo's and hope they make quads an LTM in the future. It could be interesting see how the abilities combine with an extra player on the team and the possibility of splitting into twos to flank enemies or go looting.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I play on PS4! I don't care if people aren't particularly great, I am not either, as long as people communicate and stick with their mates, that's all I'm asking for, really :'D Don't hesitate to send me your PSN and I'll add you!
Can I join too? I'm not particularly skilled either, but I know when to shoot - and most importantly when not to shoot.
Been struggling a little in the new map, and most of my friends stopped playing.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Can I join too? I'm not particularly skilled either, but I know when to shoot - and most importantly when not to shoot.
Been struggling a little in the new map, and most of my friends stopped playing.

Send your invite again, I didn't see it was you until it was too late and I had rejected it :/

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Congratz on reaching Diamond, wew! Must have been a grind. I'm still stuck on Platinum 4, but I'm not at the bottom anymore? I think I have 150 points, and knowing me that's a feat, so I'm proud! I'm not playing ranked much though, so I should get back to it and keep on grinding, because I think I could managed to push through as well, if I invest enough time in it.

Thanks ! Took me three weeks to get through Plat, which isn't that bad considering I got through a nightmarish losing streak for a full week where I lost like 800 RP (coincidentally it was when we started playing together, you witnessed me at my worst lol). But yeah that's pretty much the only mode I played, it requires too much focus to do other things imo. Gave up on the event very quickly because of the lack of interesting rewards anyway.

The hardest thing is leaving the bottom of level 4, if you've managed to get a head start, that's a good sign.

But sheesh, Diamond is fierce. Ealier tonight I finished a game at #5... IN ROUND 6. Just insane.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Anybody up for partying up? Playing with randoms is no fun, but I've been enjoying the game nonetheless. I can't voice chat most of the time, but I do communicate with markers.

Status
Not open for further replies.