• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Nice Wigg getting 8 kills in 2 minutes...https://www.twitch.tv/videos/506196170

Someone on his stream asks him where the R301 recoil was and his answer was "in my thumbs". He's totally negating the recoil on a controller which is crazy to me.

Arutha

Oct 27, 2017
France
Finally made it to Diamond ! Platinum I was painful, as I was clearly playing much safer than usual.
I know that's the higher I'll go, but it was fun to do (and bad for the nerves !)

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Congrats on Diamond! I've decided to leave it in Platinum, I just wasn't enjoying the games in ranked anymore and I started to get a mixture of abusive and unhelpful teamates.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i know loot hasn't always been the most consistent thing, but has this new loot update completely broken a few things? i landed at Overlook when it was marked in the hot zone on my own and the best i could find out of the whole place was white armour and a blue light mag. same thing happened at Drill site the other day. aren't these hot zones supposed to have at least some guarantee of decent loot?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The loot is shit. Plain and simple. Ive landed in named areas and opened up 10+ bins without finding a gun. Its the most frustrating thing about the game.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Idk loot has been mad consistent for me in both ranked and duos. Maybe shield rarity is off, but I never find myself without at least half of my attachments necessary before the first circle closes.

There's an overabundance of Lv3 Hop Ups though

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
My goal for ranked to get from Plat III to Diamond is 150 rp per day. Cut off once I've made that much progress. Some days it's one match, others 20.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Ranked really begins (and becomes very anti fun) in Diamond. Before that it should be easier then these regular matches, as you won't be dying to 10k+ kills Wraiths/Pathfinders in Gold/Platinum...

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Platinum is still a sweatfest, perhaps in a few weeks once a few more of the less skilled make their way up it will be easier. I got up to platinum 1 but dropped back down to 3 because I was getting bored of the camping and getting really unlucky with my drops.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dear randoms, if you have a Crypto on your team you do not need to quit on death if your team is far away as we can retrieve your banner from 200m away.

So frustrating to have a cowboy randy quit and then being in a duo team for the final 3-5 squads only to be short handed.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Man, you'd think landing in a spot that's at the edge of the map, that happens to be right inside the ring, and without enemy teams around would be a blessing, right ? All you have to is loot the whole zone with your team and wait as the rings shrinks, leaving the other squads to kill each other while you stay put with terrain advantage. All you have to do is pick off the remaining squads that make it there alive.

Well, not for my stupid-ass teammates ! You see, they need MUH KILLS so they're just gonna rush outside the safe zone while we're in the middle of looting, land inside of a multi squad shootout and we're all going to get ganked trying to help this moron.

Turns out Diamond is still chock-full of fucking idiots. You work your ass off to climb little by little and all your work goes right to the trash because you land with these people. For fuck's sake.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, not for my stupid-ass teammates ! You see, they need MUH KILLS so they're just gonna rush outside the safe zone while we're in the middle of looting, land inside of a multi squad shootout and we're all going to get ganked trying to help this moron.

Turns out Diamond is still chock-full of fucking idiots. You work your ass off to climb little by little and all your work goes right to the trash because you land with these people. For fuck's sake.

And here lies the reason I avoid ranked unless I'm with 2 of my buddies.

I've seen some plays that have baffled me and if I'm quite honest, the rewards for getting into diamond/predator aren't enough for the grind.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
There's no system in place for learning unfortunately. We randoms need feedback from teammates in order to get better and there is just too much toxicity. Rightfully so in many cases. You're in a high-pressure match and have possibly seconds of being together before you're in a firefight. Then after you're downed, the other players are either screaming at you or they've disconnected. I sort of wish there was a positive review required after a ranked game. I did some training for a job not too long back with partners that switched each day. We were required to leave feedback, positive only, about things the other could work on to improve. It helped out a ton.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
There's no system in place for learning unfortunately. We randoms need feedback from teammates in order to get better and there is just too much toxicity. Rightfully so in many cases. You're in a high-pressure match and have possibly seconds of being together before you're in a firefight. Then after you're downed, the other players are either screaming at you or they've disconnected. I sort of wish there was a positive review required after a ranked game. I did some training for a job not too long back with partners that switched each day. We were required to leave feedback, positive only, about things the other could work on to improve. It helped out a ton.

Here's a tip for a new player: 9 times out of 10 it is not safe to attempt to revive a downed teammate in the middle of a fight. You're better off putting damage into the enemies so they're forced to back off and heal themselves which will allow you time to either A) push them for the full kill or B) revive your teammate.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ranked really begins (and becomes very anti fun) in Diamond. Before that it should be easier then these regular matches, as you won't be dying to 10k+ kills Wraiths/Pathfinders in Gold/Platinum...
it became less fun to me in Platinum, i can probably make the push for diamond, but when i get on....i want to have fun lol

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
it became less fun to me in Platinum, i can probably make the push for diamond, but when i get on....i want to have fun lol

Diamond is even worse. It made me stop playing ranked altogether. The lose requirements are too steep, and there should 100% be higher gains for killing someone a higher rank then you. It's not fair getting placed with the 35 ranked Apex and losing when they kills you, but only getting 1 point if you kill them.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Platinum hasnt been too bad for me. I feel like in general it's largely the same as pubs for me in regards to player counts at smaller zones until maybe when the game becomes top 5. Then yes it's a camp fest but a fun/hectic one.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got into some Ranked last night. Platinum seemed noticeably easier than last season, especially at this point of the season. The first Ranked season felt like a log jam of really good players scratching and clawing over each other to climb in ranks they didn't belong in. Having us de-rank slightly instead of starting all over seems to have helped the player balance a bunch.

Kind of gives me hope at making a run at Apex this go-around. Guess I'll have to see how tough Diamond is towards the end of the season as players trickle in.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should get banned in quick play for leaving before your banner times out.
In ranked I maybe agree, but people are more likely to stick around in ranked anyway.

The issue is sometimes its VERY clear your teammates are not coming for you. Not to mention sometimes theres not a respawn beacon available either.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
In ranked I maybe agree, but people are more likely to stick around in ranked anyway.

The issue is sometimes its VERY clear your teammates are not coming for you. Not to mention sometimes theres not a respawn beacon available either.

I mean, by the time you figure out that teammates aren't coming for you the banner time is already going to be a third or less. At that point you're only waiting 15-20 seconds. I really have no sympathy for it. It's extremely hard to win squads with 2 people, pretty much impossible with one, unless you scavenge good gear and get a perfect third party.

It's really a my time/your time situation. If I overcome the odds and win the fight, and you've backed out, Im now situation where that didn't matter at all. I'm either
hiding the rest of the game, or quitting myself, because my teammate couldn't wait 30 secs.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
You should get banned in quick play for leaving before your banner times out.

what about all the times some chucklefuck runs away from a fight by themselves leaving you to die, like the guy who started a fight yesterday in trainyard then ran away to the buildings in the water near the tunnel exit while we were trying to stay alive?

because they can get fucked if they think I'm sitting there for 90 seconds waiting for them to finish ignoring our banners

it's bad enough I have to sit there in ranked while these wankers ruin things

if your teammates are quitting before you can revive them when you could have revived them, they were bad players anyway, fuck 'em.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
On the other hand, I've come to not mind people who leave after they get finished. Between the risk of recovering the banner, them pinging it ad nauseam, getting to a beacon, respawning them without knowing if they're afk (happened too many times), without gear or unopened supply bins around, the noise of the ship, etc... 90% of the times it's not worth it.

At least they toned down the sound of the ship in S3.

They could give a white armor and a P2020 at least, or make supply bins around beacons only lootable once the ship is called.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Idk why it hit me just now but there's synths in the character select screen music that sounds like stranger things.

Duraigo

Nov 28, 2017
For those on PS4, what aim settings are you using? I don't know what has happened, but my aiming has gone to complete hell the past week. I can't even find myself dealing damage in a fight, let alone a kill. It's starting to kill my desire to play this game.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
For those on PS4, what aim settings are you using? I don't know what has happened, but my aiming has gone to complete hell the past week. I can't even find myself dealing damage in a fight, let alone a kill. It's starting to kill my desire to play this game.
steady, high (4), same
FoV: 90

someone posted these settings here a while back and I've stuck with them
thanks to whoever that was! I honestly don't remember who

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Weirdest thing happened today.

Played my first game and came across a team who we fought with, we downed 2 of them and another 2 rounded the corner and killed us. Maybe just really unlucky I thought, but when I spectated they were clearly teaming.

Next game and we come across another set of teamers literally in our first fight, 2 teams camping the same building, both ignoring each other while fighting us.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I've definitely done my fair share of complaining about the loot on World's Edge but recently and after the Zombies event I have a sneaking suspiscion that if the old map came back I might find it a bit dull? The new map does have a bias to ranged encounters at times but I find it far more varied most of the time.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I've definitely done my fair share of complaining about the loot on World's Edge but recently and after the Zombies event I have a sneaking suspiscion that if the old map came back I might find it a bit dull? The new map does have a bias to ranged encounters at times but I find it far more varied most of the time.

I'll take this one step further- if they forced Kings Canyon back I'd probably stop playing especially after we've seen how good things can be in Worlds Edge. Everything about this map is an improvement to me. RIP Skulltown with randoms. Dont miss it for a second.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I think they're massively updating King's Canyon and we'll get a much better experience once we're finally back playing there.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Whatever Respawn choose to do next, World's Edge large open terrain + charge rifles combo is the reason I'm really not going to miss it when it's gone or off to get revamped or something.

A team with a couple of charge rifles can just pin any squad as long as they're decently positioned and I don't think that should happen. Sniping involved a lot more risk in King's Canyon, and as a result felt a lot more rewarding. It had the potential to turn you into prey, now most squads will just avoid you until they have no other choice. I really don't get any sense of accomplishment from picking off some poor bastard 150 meters away after they pathetically tried to steer in every direction for 10 seconds just to avoid the inevitable, because thanks to Baby's First Sniper™, it's harder to miss than to land a fucking hit.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
me: repeatedly pinging to move away from a full enemy team we saw in the distance
teammate A: did not move, instead tried to fight said team by themselves and is now dead
teammate B: several hundred feet away from us with 20 health, gave no word they were moving there, has not stuck near us or pinged all match, ignored my pings for dropped health and shields

I really don't know why I try to play ranked, casual can be a mess but it's expected and I've had plenty of great games there too

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Sensitivity: 4
ADS Sensitivity: 4 (long-distance scopes: 3)
Response curve: Linear
FOV: 94

I found switching to Linear improved my confidence/performance a lot.
Maybe it's part placebo effect, but it gives me pretty consistent results in the firing range as well.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Completely blew away my platinum shit record : -500 RP in 24 hours. Well at least I achieved something this season.

Sometimes the game will just relentlessly pummel the fuck out of you for extended periods of time. Guess the key is just accepting it

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Completely blew away my platinum shit record : -500 RP in 24 hours. Well at least I achieved something this season.

Sometimes the game will just relentlessly pummel the fuck out of you for extended periods of time. Guess the key is just accepting it

This hits close to home.

When i first got into Plat i mentioned on here that i was finding it easy, other players seem super aggressive and playing as Caustic meant that i could work their aggression to my advantage. I was picking up around 5 kills a game and finishing top 5 regularly. I easily made it to Plat 1 in a few days...

Then, when i logged in a few days later something happened, i wasn't finding good loot; My drops, no matter where they were or how close to the edge of the map would always be with at least 2 other teams and i would be scurrying around for a gun and shields from the get-go, my team mates suddenly started dropping solo and would die early game....

I dropped back down to Plat 3 pretty quickly.

One thing that does piss me off in ranked is the matchmaking. I'm not sure how it is on Playstation but on Xbox ranked is usually shit. It takes a good couple of minutes from readying up to get into the character select screen and games in plat will often have a scattering of full Predator teams as well as the odd Silver/gold teams.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
This hits close to home.

When i first got into Plat i mentioned on here that i was finding it easy, other players seem super aggressive and playing as Caustic meant that i could work their aggression to my advantage. I was picking up around 5 kills a game and finishing top 5 regularly. I easily made it to Plat 1 in a few days...

Then, when i logged in a few days later something happened, i wasn't finding good loot; My drops, no matter where they were or how close to the edge of the map would always be with at least 2 other teams and i would be scurrying around for a gun and shields from the get-go, my team mates suddenly started dropping solo and would die early game....

I dropped back down to Plat 3 pretty quickly.

One thing that does piss me off in ranked is the matchmaking. I'm not sure how it is on Playstation but on Xbox ranked is usually shit. It takes a good couple of minutes from readying up to get into the character select screen and games in plat will often have a scattering of full Predator teams as well as the odd Silver/gold teams.

Yeah it's just a combination of different things. Shit teammates, shit loot, terrible luck (like somehow wiping the two squads that you landed with only to get jumped by a third one seconds later, ughhhhh), and it just won't let up.

I ranked down obviously, but I'm till close to Diamond 3 despite all this. I think the majority will never make it out of 4 because the difficulty spike is massive.

Matchmaking on PS4 for Diamond is much improved now, it was the reason why I qui ranked last season.
I usually grab some games early in the morning, like 7-8 am so way outside of peak hours, usually takes a couple minutes to find a match which is decent. When playing at peak hours I'd say it takes less than 1 minute.
But yeah, improved matchmaking times comes at the cost of skill limitations ; people from Plat to Apex are in the same pool now.
I cross paths with top 1000 or even top 100 players quite regularly.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Whatever Respawn choose to do next, World's Edge large open terrain + charge rifles combo is the reason I'm really not going to miss it when it's gone or off to get revamped or something.

A team with a couple of charge rifles can just pin any squad as long as they're decently positioned and I don't think that should happen. Sniping involved a lot more risk in King's Canyon, and as a result felt a lot more rewarding. It had the potential to turn you into prey, now most squads will just avoid you until they have no other choice. I really don't get any sense of accomplishment from picking off some poor bastard 150 meters away after they pathetically tried to steer in every direction for 10 seconds just to avoid the inevitable, because thanks to Baby's First Sniper™, it's harder to miss than to land a fucking hit.

I just respect the fact they believed in World's Edge so much they said "FUCK IT this map is where we want to go" and released it out of the blue with no beta or warning that Kings Canyon was going away. It takes guts to do that to a new franchise that has seen the success Apex has. Respawn have set a pace with this game which feels exciting and that it could go anywhere at any time. This also includes how they released and announced the game itself back in February completely out the blue. Mad props to them.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm still missing King's Canyon though. Like, a lot. There's something annoying about World's Edge where there are so many choking points in terms of traveling, you only ever have very few options to go from one point to another, which leads you to always having to fight other teams that sometimes even camp at those chocking points because they know there's no other way to go around it, despite it being sometimes the fist goddamn ring. I don't know, mountains are too big and hard to go around, and I feel like mobility in King's Canyon offered more possibilities of positioning counter-play and was more interesting rather than just not having luck and being at the wrong end of a choking point and no way to go around it whatsoever.

So many times my team died solely because we didn't land on the right side of a choking point, and had no other route offered to us but THIS goddamn chocking point, and of course everybody knows that and camp the fuck out of them even though it's literally the first or second ring. That just blows and it's no fun at all. This didn't use to happen on King's Canyon, things were more dynamic and fun on that aspect, you always had the option to outsmart the other team with positioning, and having several ways to chose to go from point A to point B. On World's Edge, I feel forced into doing team-fights I know I can't win anyway, and that just fucking sucks, it's really a shitty feeling.

Last edited:

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
This was a fun one. We ended up having to run away from teams and loot scraps where we could in this match. Came down to no shield healing and one clip of ammo!

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
There's something annoying about World's Edge where there are so many choking points in terms of traveling, you only ever have very few options to go from one point to another, which leads you to always having to fight other teams that sometimes even camp at those chocking points because they know there's no other way to go around it, despite it being sometimes the fist goddamn ring.

I understand that they need to funnel players to some degree instead of just having a wide open map, but I can definitely agree with this criticism of World's Edge.

Being forced to run uphill to the two choke points west of Capitol City toward that sniping tower north of Train Yard might be the worst of it, IMO. Teams scurry out of Capitol buildings uphill toward some really bad cover. It can be a complete cluster in that area, and it's often tough to avoid if you drop anywhere on the east side.

r7eVjqll.png

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm still missing King's Canyon though. Like, a lot. There's something annoying about World's Edge where there are so many choking points in terms of traveling, you only ever have very few options to go from one point to another, which leads you to always having to fight other teams that sometimes even camp at those chocking points because they know there's no other way to go around it, despite it being sometimes the fist goddamn ring. I don't know, mountains are too big and hard to go around, and I feel like mobility in King's Canyon offered more possibilities of positioning counter-play and was more interesting rather than just not having luck and being at the wrong end of a choking point and no way to go around it whatsoever.

So many times my team died solely because we didn't land on the right side of a choking point, and had no other route offered to us but THIS goddamn chocking point, and of course everybody knows that and camp the fuck out of them even though it's literally the first or second ring. That just blows and it's no fun at all. This didn't use to happen on King's Canyon, things were more dynamic and fun on that aspect, you always had the option to outsmart the other team with positioning, and having several ways to chose to go from point A to point B.

The choke points are definitely more punishing. The map itself is more punishing in general. If you're too far out from the first circle you pretty much have to start moving in ASAP otherwise it takes a long time to catch up before the next circle hits. I've died many times to that happening. But I do think in terms of variety it has so much more to offer than KC. Case in point - I think there's a problem with a map's design when an area like Skulltown becomes the number one place for 70% of the games to start. Sure, people still love to drop in Capitol City or Trainyard in WE, but in general the map drops feel more spread out.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I like the POIs and buildings infinitely better in World's Edge but I prefer the empty spaces of King's Canyon.

I do also agree there is more variety to the encounters in World's Edge. But I believe it skews a bit too far in the ranged fighting direction.

Overall I think I like World's Edge more but King's Canyon isn't far behind.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I understand that they need to funnel players to some degree instead of just having a wide open map, but I can definitely agree with this criticism of World's Edge.

Being forced to run uphill to the two choke points west of Capitol City toward that sniping tower north of Train Yard might be the worst of it, IMO. Teams scurry out of Capitol buildings uphill toward some really bad cover. It can be a complete cluster in that area, and it's often tough to avoid if you drop anywhere on the east side.

r7eVjqll.png

Yeah the left of Capitol City with that sniper tower is my least favorite choke by a mile. Hate going through that area.

Respawn should take a new look at circle damage again after making the map with this many obstacles and given its size.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017

r7eVjqll.png
What about just going through the tunnel to train yard? That's what I tend to do.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
im using Linear, 4-3

FOV 110

and I recently changed my aiming to L1, and shooting to R1

Status
Not open for further replies.