• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I peacekeepered an unarmored pathfinder for 77. Chased him down again and hit him for 50something.

He managed to to kill me with an R99 after. Walked over lava and downed in one tick.

But uh.

How the fuck did he survive in the first place?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Hit Predator, it was considerably easier then last season. There's over 9k Predators just on PS4 this season, could be double that by February when the new one starts.

Don't really know what to do now, I don't care about points in ranked very much and messing around and having fun in regular lobbies is literally not a thing anymore.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I quit just below diamond, so I may jump back in again tonight.

I did get there really quickly at the start of the season so hopefully the pros have moved up making it a little bit easier for me.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Haha. Just had a team chase me for well over 5 minutes of the game, ignoring nearby loot, unlooted buildings and a random other guy who was minding his own business....

I had zero ammo and white armour.

As soon as I got killed another team wiped them out.....guys must have really wanted that empty G7 scout.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haha. Just had a team chase me for well over 5 minutes of the game, ignoring nearby loot, unlooted buildings and a random other guy who was minding his own business....

As soon as I got killed another team wiped them out.....

They were too tempted with the thirst. Lol.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017

That's just a metric of how much you play and you'll stop getting packs at that point once again, so it's not really something to actually look forward to...

I was level ~870 before the update according to 3rd party sites, if they don't revert the matchmaking I can only see myself playing less and less in the future.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

As soon as I got killed another team wiped them out.....guys must have really wanted that empty G7 scout.
Outrunning a squad is pretty fun, honestly. I get alot of satisfaction when I manage to lose someone as Gibraltar.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Diamond lobbies were really easy today for some reason. I have barely seen Predators. I think it might be because I queued up with only one friend instead of a full squad. I will reach predator either tomorrow or thursday then I can finally stop playing this game for a while.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Wonder if they'll do a winter event?

Really surprised it didn't start today, maybe the issue with the patch delayed them. It'll start next Tuesday otherwise they're cutting it way close. Even though it's a "Winter Express" it's all Christmas stuff, so they only have so much time. You can see the badge in the character screens, everything has leaked. You have to capture the Winter Express train 3 times to win. Not sure how respawns work, I heard there aren't respawn beacons, but there are respawn zones or something along those lines.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Diamond lobbies were really easy today for some reason. I have barely seen Predators. I think it might be because I queued up with only one friend instead of a full squad. I will reach predator either tomorrow or thursday then I can finally stop playing this game for a while.

Been like that for a week. The leave glitch should inflate diamond and apex good. It shouldn't be hard to hit apex this season even if you aren't top tier.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I wonder how long until they patch the ranked leave glitch. Like 95% of Diamond is using it right now.
I wonder how they would patch it. My game crashed yesterday during a ranked match. How would they know whether I dashboarded or my game legitimately crashed? Season 2 had 0.2% predators and 2.1% diamonds. We will see by how much the numbers will increase.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Played standard mode this morning and killed 4 people that all quit out the very instant they were downed?

I'm assuming people are getting so used to quitting out in ranked that it's become almost a reflex action to do the same in standard mode.

Last edited:

HelloMeow

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you stick around? This is a team based game that doesn't give a shit about solo players. I give this game a try every couple of months, and every time it's the same. You'll go up against full squads on your own. There is no reason to even try.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Why would you stick around? This is a team based game that doesn't give a shit about solo players. I give this game a try every couple of months, and every time it's the same. You'll go up against full squads on your own. There is no reason to even try.
because your team can very easily revive or respawn you? i've lost count of the amount of times where i could easily revive or pick up a banner but the teammates have left as i was attempting to. as a solo player myself there's nothing more aggravating than coming in for the clutch and killing the rest of an enemy squad on your lonesome only to find your two downed/killed teammates - who should be spectating you and realise that you've got this - suddenly quit out, despite it now being safe for everyone. it means your clutch ultimately ended up pointless and completely fucks over the rest of your match as you're now stuck being a solo and vulnerable to an instant death. this is especially egregious early game when there are dozens of respawn beacons everywhere and the loot dropped will be easy to grab again, doubly so if it's in the initial drop.

unless you're getting abandoned in the storm (which may not be your teammates fault, and may not even be the end of anything if one of your teammates is a crypto), your beacon is about to run out and your teammates aren't near, or there isn't any respawn beacons about and it'd be unfeasible to rez, stop immediately quitting out, please. it makes sense when you're in a public match and it's mid-late game where there's no respawn beacons and your team ain't looking too hot, sure. but if you're ragequitting out because you got knocked early game it's pretty shitty on the rest of your team, and i'm getting pretty tired of having teammates d/c the moment they lose a fight even when it should be obvious to them that the game isn't over at all.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
because your team can very easily revive or respawn you? i've lost count of the amount of times where i could easily revive or pick up a banner but the teammates have left as i was attempting to. as a solo player myself there's nothing more aggravating than coming in for the clutch and killing the rest of an enemy squad on your lonesome only to find your two downed/killed teammates - who should be spectating you and realise that you've got this - suddenly quit out, despite it now being safe for everyone. it means your clutch ultimately ended up pointless and completely fucks over the rest of your match as you're now stuck being a solo and vulnerable to an instant death. this is especially egregious early game when there are dozens of respawn beacons everywhere and the loot dropped will be easy to grab again, doubly so if it's in the initial drop.

unless you're getting abandoned in the storm (which may not be your teammates fault, and may not even be the end of anything if one of your teammates is a crypto), your beacon is about to run out and your teammates aren't near, or there isn't any respawn beacons about and it'd be unfeasible to rez, stop immediately quitting out, please. it makes sense when you're in a public match and it's mid-late game where there's no respawn beacons and your team ain't looking too hot, sure. but if you're ragequitting out because you got knocked early game it's pretty shitty on the rest of your team, and i'm getting pretty tired of having teammates d/c the moment they lose a fight even when it should be obvious to them that the game isn't over at all.

Instant quitting is literally the only difference between pubs and ranked now.
Since it's pretty much impossible to have fun in pubs now, I just jump into the hottest place there is and try to score some kills. I'll disconnect on the spot if I get downed.
It's either that or sweat your way to the endgame if you're lucky and I'm not playing pubs for that.
Respawn sorta cornered themselves with this.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
You're describing teamwork, which often does not happen.
especially when your teammates rage quit the moment they get downed! you do realise that this kind of behaviour is exactly why teamwork is so hard with randoms? people leaving the game the moment they get downed can easily screw over the rest of the team
Instant quitting is literally the only difference between pubs and ranked now.
Since it's pretty much impossible to have fun in pubs now, I just jump into the hottest place there is and try to score some kills. I'll disconnect on the spot if I get downed.
It's either that or sweat your way to the endgame if you're lucky and I'm not playing pubs for that.
Respawn sorta cornered themselves with this.
which makes pubs more stressful and unfun for those of us that don't leave immediately? otherwise fun games can become aggravating wastes of time when you're suddenly a solo because your teammates couldn't wait the 5 seconds it would take for me to get over to them, or understand that i'm not able to revive them when i'm currently getting shot at by the enemy standing over their body.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
All my hardcore "Apex for life" friends on XBL are actively dropping the game since the SBMM changes. They've all moved on to MW or back to stuff like R6. When Modern Warfare drops their 200 player BR mode I'm 100% out too until Respawn addresses this shit. Game is in a really really bad place at the moment.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I booted up my PS4 which I haven't played in a year.

Try a match of this in quickplay and getting paired with people below level 10.

Proceeded to drop back to back to back 10 kill Ws lol. I couldn't even do that on the Xbox with my level +100 account with the SBMM.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
especially when your teammates rage quit the moment they get downed! you do realise that this kind of behaviour is exactly why teamwork is so hard with randoms? people leaving the game the moment they get downed can easily screw over the rest of the team

which makes pubs more stressful and unfun for those of us that don't leave immediately? otherwise fun games can become aggravating wastes of time when you're suddenly a solo because your teammates couldn't wait the 5 seconds it would take for me to get over to them, or understand that i'm not able to revive them when i'm currently getting shot at by the enemy standing over their body.
This wouldn't be a problem if there was solos in the game. People who don't want to play in a team wouldn't have to. But I guess Respawn doesn't care. Baffling to be honest. What are they even doing atm?

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
This wouldn't be a problem if there was solos in the game. People who don't want to play in a team wouldn't have to. But I guess Respawn doesn't care. Baffling to be honest. What are they even doing atm?
This was designed as a team based BR game. Respawn made this clear from the start. There are plenty of other BR games out there for people who want to play solo.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
There are actually times when I'm glad the other two players quit out when I'm running solo. I've had so many team mates run at enemies without pinging or do nothing to help when I've been jumped that when they do finally get hit and quit I'm glad I don't have to worry about them any more.

Respawn, if you reading this, please put in some sort of player review system. Just some sort of thumbs up system after the match would suffice. It won't do anything, but at least I'll have a rough idea of what I'm dealing with before I get boots on the ground.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
This was designed as a team based BR game. Respawn made this clear from the start. There are plenty of other BR games out there for people who want to play solo.
Which hurts the playerbase as you can see from the people complaining in this thread. There would only be benefits from adding solo and no negatives except maybe people complaing about unbalanced characters. I only boot up apex when my squad is on. Solo apex is a miserable experience most of the time.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
The stupid matchmaking was just turned off for a couple hours. It was insanely enjoyable fighting actual random players and I got my new highest win streak at 10. The player that eventually killed me had 8k kills. There was a Predator squad with 10k+ kills each as champs in one game but we killed them, the other squads seemed average. So it's not like there were no crazy good players, it's just that not every squad in every lobby was made out of them, it actually felt random.

Compared to just this morning when it was still absolutely disgusting. Just keep it like this and Apex is awesome and super fun again. Haven't enjoyed playing it so much in forever.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
The rumor floating around now is that both solos and duos are coming with the Winter Express event. Nothing more than rumors right now though.

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The stupid matchmaking was just turned off for a couple hours. It was insanely enjoyable fighting actual random players and I got my new highest win streak at 10. The player that eventually killed me had 8k kills. There was a Predator squad with 10k+ kills each as champs in one game but we killed them, the other squads seemed average. So it's not like there were no crazy good players, it's just that not every squad in every lobby was made out of them, it actually felt random.

Compared to just this morning when it was still absolutely disgusting. Just keep it like this and Apex is awesome and super fun again. Haven't enjoyed playing it so much in forever.

Game has felt easier for me since the weekend.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Instead of going and putting in solos,

I wonder how the game would be with traditional four man squads. Or somehow restricting a TDM event to Skyhook for 30 v 30 with respawns until your reach the score limit.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Played a couple more hours. Still a completely different game compared to what I've been dealing with for weeks/months. So much fun, I forgot how good Apex can be when everyone is not camping houses while holding hands, sniping from a distance, not moving an inch before the circle makes them, etc. Hours of action packed fun, reminiscent of matches on Kings Canyon.

Everyone seems to be complaining on Reddit and Twitter still, I really don't know why I've gotten these lobbies today. Felt so good though, I just need it to be permanent.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Played a couple more hours. Still a completely different game compared to what I've been dealing with for weeks/months. So much fun, I forgot how good Apex can be when everyone is not camping houses while holding hands, sniping from a distance, not moving an inch before the circle makes them, etc. Hours of action packed fun, reminiscent of matches on Kings Canyon.

Everyone seems to be complaining on Reddit and Twitter still, I really don't know why I've gotten these lobbies today. Felt so good though, I just need it to be permanent.
This post makes me want to play, but I don't know if my heart can take it.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
This post makes me want to play, but I don't know if my heart can take it.

I was finally loving playing the game again, man. I still play almost daily but it had become miserable... Most of today was beautiful, it felt unreal. I got killed by a couple Predators but most players seemed random (average), so worse then me. I'd check their deathboxes and none of them were level 20, all level 100+, just not the best of the best.

I doubt this is widespread because Reddit would be full of "SBMM is gone" posts, so I don't really know why it was like this.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
All my hardcore "Apex for life" friends on XBL are actively dropping the game since the SBMM changes. They've all moved on to MW or back to stuff like R6. When Modern Warfare drops their 200 player BR mode I'm 100% out too until Respawn addresses this shit. Game is in a really really bad place at the moment.

MW has SBMM too, and I'd be surprised if the BR mode doesn't have it.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
MW has SBMM too, and I'd be surprised if the BR mode doesn't have it.

Exactly, and the way they treated blackout updates became pathetic so I'd not have much confidence this will get treated properly as a long-term mode. They really need to spinoff and create a standalone COD BR mode that just continues to be updated and not rely on major releases. COD developers are stretched to thin across all the game modes for a BR mode to matter. With that being said I'll still check out the MW BR mode but I don't feel it's going to replace anything since updating will halt once the next COD game releases.

Apex and SBMM is here and doubt it goes away. Sure it can be tweaked or you can rank into your appropriate level as time goes on. Most competitive online games will have it since technology now easily allows for it. Data capturing is improving frequently and will only help implement this into games as well.

I feel people can say they will move on but new content and updates is what will suck them back. Regardless of SBMM if two legends and map updates happened people will jump in again. Games like DotA 2, LOL and R6 proves it once a player base is established which Apex now has done. I'm just glad at this point respawn isn't caving in as much to the pro scene as other games do for updates. In R6 all balancing patches seemed to be based off the pro scene and it didn't make much sense to the regular everyday player. Sure I think some changes should be based off competitive play but not 100% of them.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't touched Banga for time so used her today. 4 wins out of 7 games. That passive is still stronk. Smokes thicker than a Peter North load. Saved so many team-mates with staggered smokes. Won one by smoking the geyser tunnel as the final ring closed, forcing the last squad into a blind fight. They actually ran past us and we lit em up.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Feel next season they should add some sort of new throwing item. Not sure a stun would be a good item within Apex or not. I'm sure eventually a legend will have some disorienting stun like ability and they may not want to duplicate it. Example smoke grenades will probably never be added due to Bangalore's ability.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I was killing time at Barnes and Noble and came across Combat Strategies for Apex Legends Players: An Unofficial Guide to Victory by Jason R. Rich. Wanting to fluff up my books read this year I plopped down and went through it. Took less than 15 minutes. I don't think I can truly convey how much of a trash fire the book is with its low res screen shots and step-by-step walk of the through of the tutorial.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Feel next season they should add some sort of new throwing item. Not sure a stun would be a good item within Apex or not. I'm sure eventually a legend will have some disorienting stun like ability and they may not want to duplicate it. Example smoke grenades will probably never be added due to Bangalore's ability.

Decoy grenades would be super helpful in this game, especially with the 3rd party's.

I did talk with friends about flash grenades, but I feel they would be way OP.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017

I'd ask you to consider the flip side of this scenario though. Imagine all those 'average' players you tore through as you went on your streak of TEN WINS IN A ROW. The game is clearly broken imo if someone is able to do this. Glad you had fun while you were pubstomping though.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Opened my 14 packs, got an Epic Mozambique skin and a Bangalore charm. Everything else was common and rare.

yAENt.gif

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Finally reached predator. I probably lost 10 years of my life expectancy due to stress. What an awful experience.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I think I'm going to go for diamond before the season is up. I can't imagine the grind for predator. Grats though!
Thanks. Some games you just dominate every fight and the next few matches you get smacked hard loosing everything you earned in a matter of minutes. Ranked is fun untill diamond so you aren't missing out on anything if you stop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.