• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i've actually really been enjoying this ltm. it's a lot more fun than that Halloween event and actually requires a decent amount of coordination at times. the Christmas skins look nice too, shame the packs are so absurdly expensive

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
I picked up the Wattson skin with crafting materials. First decent looking legendary for her(was rocking that Twitch Prime skin). I really want the Gibraltar skin too but I can't be bothered trying the lootbox slot machine.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So many times we end up fighting both teams in this new mode. We have to wipe out 6 players per round to get the win.

It's almost as if they're actively trying to avoid each other.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Haven't played the new mode yet, but I'm LANing today with some friends that haven't played Apex so I'm hoping these short rounds and loadouts(?) will help ease them into it.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Only thing I like about the new mode is the premade loadouts. I hope they keep that stuff for a future event.

Apart from that I'm complete garbage at it so I'm not having fun. And it's got to be absolute hell for new/low-skill players because you do more waiting than actual playing when dying early.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The mode does give a good amount of Xp, but it seems to have a display bug right now. Each consecutive match I played was raising it higher and higher, eventually getting 90K+ per game and filling the BP bar twice each time, but I wasn't actually unlocking anything. It seems to be adding up previous matches or something, I think the second screen is what you're actually getting.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I love the new mode but I am pissed that after 10 months getting craft materials I decided to spend them last week on some shitty skins for guns and now there are plenty of cool one that I cant get.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
The mode does give a good amount of Xp, but it seems to have a display bug right now. Each consecutive match I played was raising it higher and higher, eventually getting 90K+ per game and filling the BP bar twice each time, but I wasn't actually unlocking anything. It seems to be adding up previous matches or something, I think the second screen is what you're actually getting.
Came here to post the same thing. Thought I was going crazy when I checked the level after the summary. XD

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Won 11 games in a row of the new mode last night, the flatline/Eva combo is the the best loadout for me, so I choose which ever character has that.

Still after all those wins I'm only on 30 train captures. Getting that top tier badge is going to be one hell of a grind.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I've been grinding the train mode because it's the fastest way to earn XP (for packs) and it doesn't affect your stats. I'll even get the dumb badge soon, need like 10 more train captures.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
New mode can be fun, but they shouls let eliminated squads spawn at the following station so they can set up an ambush or something. Staring at the train from a fixed camera angle for over a minute is boring, no wonder people quit

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Could be wrong but it feels like they nerfed this double XP event. I was getting 10k+ XP almost every match in the new mode yesterday, but today it's been less then 10k or around that, even after winning.

It's still the fastest way to grind XP for packs so I'll probably still play it, but I even captured the train 75 times already...

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or is the devotion absolute garbage? I swear there's something wrong with the hit boxes on its bullets. It just doesn't hit people sometimes.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've gone from loving the new mode to hating it.

Unfortunately for Respawn, the average player that frequently plays this game has the IQ of a watermelon. Playing games with other players that run around capitol who appear to be looking for loot is no fun.

Also, my son and I have played 5 games in a row where the 3rd man as quit early game. I want harsh punishments for these anti team work fools.

A solo variant of this game mode would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Been playing some of the new event, having not touched Apex in weeks. Thought I was levelling up the BP pleasantly, only apparently its bugged and the results screens are showing you complete falsehoods. Jesus christ, Respawn.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Been playing some of the new event, having not touched Apex in weeks. Thought I was levelling up the BP pleasantly, only apparently its bugged and the results screens are showing you complete falsehoods. Jesus christ, Respawn.

Could be bugged but I still went up like 10 levels in no time the other night. It's definitely way faster to level up with.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
The new mode is pretty cool except for the part where you have to sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 30-45 seconds if you lose a round. Just gotta have your phone by you, I guess.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This fucking game lol. New audio glitch. That sizzling sound that gliding makes (for the Diamond trail) just kept on playing in the background during the WHOLE match. It sounded like somebody was grilling some patties in my headset. Most consistent audio design in a game guys.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
The new mode is pretty cool except for the part where you have to sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 30-45 seconds if you lose a round. Just gotta have your phone by you, I guess.
Was pretty annoying at first, but I found that time is needed for prep (healing up, defensive placements, planning were to re-located at the next station) when you barely win a round.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm kinda shocked at how much our collective attention span has reduced to the point of thinking that having to wait 45 seconds is too long. Like, to the point of making people quit the game altogether? Wow.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
God I wish these fucks in ranked who solo push a full squad when they have grey armour would just uninstall the game.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. This game mode is super easy. Feels like I got over 10 wins in the hour and a half sesh I've been playing it. I love how fast paced it is.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
My game keeps crashing and giving me the following error message: "There was a problem processing game logic. Please try again. ui/panel_survival_quick_inventory_v2.nut #599 [UI] Index "0" is beyond array size of 0." Anyone know wtf is causing this?? It's been happening every now and then for a few months now. :'(

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm kinda shocked at how much our collective attention span has reduced to the point of thinking that having to wait 45 seconds is too long. Like, to the point of making people quit the game altogether? Wow.

Well I get killed every single round so that amounts to plenty of waiting in the end, and most importantly, more waiting than actual playing.

There's just something about this mode and how the fights are set up, I'm not having any fun whatsoever. It's fine though, I'm glad people are having fun and I'm still invested in ranked anyway so I'll ride this out until the next season starts.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I know stats don't matter but I really wish stats were counted in the train mode
my kills as Gibraltar would be so high now lol

it's a fun mode, but yeah, if you die early, it takes a long time to get back into it
and rando teammates sometime don't even seem to know to heal themselves or get on the train in the first place....

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
A lot of progress over the weekend. Got to 1k kills with my main, made it to Gold for the first time and I also got the Rapid Elimination badge with Lifeline sometime within the last two days but I don't remember doing it.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Just got trapped with my squad at the stupid ass ring that closes at the edge of the mountain near Tree.
All that the winning team had to do was shred the last two squads that came out of the teleporter.
Why is this still a thing ?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This new update seems to have brought along a whole batch of glitches.

-Sound Glitches ( sounds get stuck as mentioned earlier, had a couple of games where I could hear the constant shooting of a devotion after I was downed by a guy who ripped into me with one). Maybe its the train, but footsteps seem next to non existent too.

- Spawned a couple of times in the new mode with no ammo for my main weapon

- Got stuck under the train and clipped through terrain a couple of times

-Hit detection/registration in the new mode seems......off. I've done over 200 damage (checked the replay) on a Watson that didn't die.

-The ping wheel seems broken in the new mode and sometimes pinging locations doesn't work at all

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
This fucking game lol. New audio glitch. That sizzling sound that gliding makes (for the Diamond trail) just kept on playing in the background during the WHOLE match. It sounded like somebody was grilling some patties in my headset. Most consistent audio design in a game guys.

I think you are actually hearing a combination of fireworks and pork chops being grilled on Mirage's boat. I could hear them as far away as Skyhook and various other points on the map. Annoying AF. It sounds just like someone sliding.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, only a Rare skin. That sucks. But I need to get Prime Video to watch Star Trek Picard anyway so I guess I'll get some skins.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
There's some articles recently saying how Respawn toned down the SBMM in this latest update. Yesterday I noticed it wasn't quite as sweaty as a week ago. Anyone else noticing this?

Also - Glad they put the new mode in but I'm not feeling it personally. It's a cool idea though. I can see why some people might dig it.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
The train mode is a nice change of pace from the standard game and promotes decent cooperation between three players in a smaller box, which will hopefully improve players' ability to fight as a team with others in the main game. It also lets you use the tools without considering switches to favorites, and again that promotes familiarity with the entire weapon list.

Also, with only nine players in a match, it is much easier to fill a game.

I've had some good fun with it. I've never had any real attachment to most of the cosmetics in this game so I'm all about the actual experience of playing and I like this a lot more than the Halloween event.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to jump back in, been a week or three since I last played. Patched the game, sitting at the menu right now and... god damn I love this menu music so much lol.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Really hating on getting queued with silver 4s in ranked who are toxic remedials that don't know how to talk to people or play the game. Thankfully salvaged the game with 6 kill top 3 finish solo, became kill leader. Thank you cloak and G7.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Getting matched with predators a lot more regularly in ranked now (they're over 12,000 on PS4 now, thanks RP glitch). As expected, most of them are actually good, so it's a nice change when you end up on their team.

My last game our Path went 11 kills and over 4k damage. We didn't even win.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Y'all are lucky to even find ranked. We simply can't get ranked on Xbox Apex Australia, well perhaps our late night sessions don't help with the population either. We have literally been having to select Asian server regions as we can't even find matches in Singapore.

It doesn't help I hardly play ranked (Silver) and my other two regular squad mates play it regularly (platinum/diamond). It sucks to go from 20ms and matching players in Australia to then trying ranked and no matches found or forcing 150ms games on ourselves. I am thankful the Respawn have allow us to select the region we want to search and play in though. Cheers.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
if you're gonna buy some apex currency soon for the event skins or maybe the next battle pass, may as well pick up one of these for a few bucks more

unless you dislike both skins of course

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I think I'm getting matched with bots.

Just spectated a guy who was walking into walls, slowly walking up to doors, kicking them and looking around the room at every detail.

These aren't players that haven't played Apex before, I'm pretty sure they've never played a video game before or held a controller.

I'm half tempted to message them to see if they're real people.

Last edited:
1 gift from toku

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from toku toku!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

toku said:
PS4 code. I play on PC, don't know anyone on ps4 but figured someone could use it. Merry Christmas Apex-Era, Bless Up.

Includes the following items:
1. 600 Apex Coins
2. Exclusive Animated Blue Fade RE45 Weapon Skin
3. Exclusive Feeding Frenzy Badge

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (Global?) PlayStation 4 (Global?): Apex Legends Starter Pack - Won by Delphine Delphine (17 entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.