• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm not a fan of that area even though the design is very cool. Come to think of it, I don't really like most of the areas of the map these days.
Geez...you've done a complete turnaround on this map and season.
I remember you singing praises when it first started.

Not that I disagree. I'm itching to get back to King's Canyon.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yo I just tried the third person mode this morning and I actually really like it. I feel like I hit my shots better or something. I dunno, it felt weird at first but when I got used to it I started having a lot of fun. It definitely has flaws (like my teammates footsteps are even louder in this mode) but if refined it could be great.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played this game all that much the last few months, but 3rd person mode is indeed kinda rad. It is janky and the game is clearly not designed aorund it, but I wouldn't be mad if they spend ressources on this.

But I'm also a very shallow person and like to look at my dudes and girls in their fancy skins.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played this game all that much the last few months, but 3rd person mode is indeed kinda rad. It is janky and the game is clearly not designed aorund it, but I wouldn't be mad if they spend ressources on this.

But I'm also a very shallow person and like to look at my dudes and girls in their fancy skins.

lol same. I love looking at them. I'd buy more skins

Oct 30, 2017
Third person is awesome. My squad and I were skeptical but we ended up playing it until the wee hours of the morning.

It has its issues no doubt but it has a ton of potential.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Third person is awesome. My squad and I were skeptical but we ended up playing it until the wee hours of the morning.

It has its issues no doubt but it has a ton of potential.
The potential is so great. These character designs and skins are meant to be seen as they are in TPP. Also helps you appreciate the delightful animations like Octane's running animation or Wattson's.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I like the look of 3rd person but not the feel. Mirage's walk while ADS'ing is hilarious if you use the PK, it's sort of glitched and looks fast forwarded. Why do some sights let you ADS and some don't? Digital threat lets you ADS with the R-99 and you slay everyone. Spitfire purple mag is amazing in 3rd person though. Regardless, I'm ready for the ABC, I predicted it will be the best mode.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I like the look of 3rd person but not the feel. Mirage's walk while ADS'ing is hilarious if you use the PK, it's sort of glitched and looks fast forwarded. Why do some sights let you ADS and some don't? Digital threat lets you ADS with the R-99 and you slay everyone. Spitfire purple mag is amazing in 3rd person though. Regardless, I'm ready for the ABC, I predicted it will be the best mode.
It's only Digi Threats and Sniper Ops that work that way. Digi Threats I imagine because it would be useless if you can't actually use it for its intended purpose.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Both maps are great! I think with Kings canyon coming back people will soon have the same complaints as they did before with it. I don't think either map will be the same in the next season either. I'd love for parts of Kings Canyon to just be overgrown by forest and swamps. I also wonder if they will make a day and night cycle for it.

It's going to be fun to watch new unreleased legends make the maps play differently as well. I think even with crypto he can be really strong in the canyon. The drone in some of those caves or valleys will be hard to see and find. With the amount of third/fourth partying that map has it'll be so easy to drone during a battle and it go un-spotted. With a wraith/crypto combo he can just immediately be in the battle with a will placed/timed portal after the drone is in position.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously people rush the enemies way too quickly. No one thinks at times, we could avoid firefights if we have to. It's unbelievable how people just rush enemies at times.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, uninstalled the game for now.

I'm trying to enjoy this, but the game just doesn't want me to. Every single round is the exact same. Me + 2 potatoes vs top 10 Apex players as champions.

We land -- hot drop or not -- teammates die instantly and immediately leave. Play the round solo and get far, but then get bum-rushed by a full stack all at the same time.

I was thinking of trying the mode tomorrow but honestly I couldn't care less at this point because I know it'll have SBMM.

Such a god damn shame, dude. I was over the moon for this game at launch, but now I just cannot stand to play it.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Both maps are great! I think with Kings canyon coming back people will soon have the same complaints as they did before with it. I don't think either map will be the same in the next season either. I'd love for parts of Kings Canyon to just be overgrown by forest and swamps. I also wonder if they will make a day and night cycle for it.
I think the main problem with both maps is being the only option. Anything gets old when it's all you have. Right now the game is missing a large chunk of content that already exists and getting a ton of unnecessary complaints because of it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I could never get tired of Skulltown drops. I made it known in OT1. I want it back already lol.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Gibbys everywhere in ranked, and I died trying repeatedly to respawn my teammates as it glitched out.

I can't wait to see what Respawn mess up in the next update.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, uninstalled the game for now.

I'm trying to enjoy this, but the game just doesn't want me to. Every single round is the exact same. Me + 2 potatoes vs top 10 Apex players as champions.

We land -- hot drop or not -- teammates die instantly and immediately leave. Play the round solo and get far, but then get bum-rushed by a full stack all at the same time.

I was thinking of trying the mode tomorrow but honestly I couldn't care less at this point because I know it'll have SBMM.

Such a god damn shame, dude. I was over the moon for this game at launch, but now I just cannot stand to play it.

i keep getting teamed up with some utter trash. Not sure what's going on but they really are a bunch of potatoes

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Uhh this game is absolutely perfect in third person. Only downside is my 2-4 times sight didn't actually aim down the scope.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
3rd person isn't for me. I managed to grind the hipefire damage and I am done with it.

Tomorrows event should be fun though, that ring constantly closing in should make for some aggressive games.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
i feel like I want to wait for solos and third person before I start playing this again, these are much needed for me to continue playing. I love the game but teams aren't doing it for me.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
i feel like I want to wait for solos and third person before I start playing this again, these are much needed for me to continue playing. I love the game but teams aren't doing it for me.
Yeah dude. The team aspect is so great at a competitive level but it seriously does not work in random matchmaking. IMO this game will die if they do not make solos a thing.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah dude. The team aspect is so great at a competitive level but it seriously does not work in random matchmaking. IMO this game will die if they do not make solos a thing.

Game isn't going to die without solos.. almost with all br's the most played is the party modes even when solos are offered. In Blackout they consistently said quads was the most played by a significant amount. Solos was always the least queued mode.

Sure a place may exist for solos but the game isn't even near dying. I don't mind solos usually but don't care for it in Apex. Before this community would die I could see cross platform happening to prevent it. This game still has a healthy PC population so you can only imagine the console community bring extremely high as well.

Just tonight I got several top threes (both modes) and a solo win in 3rd person mode solo queing. Even one match I only landed with one other. Randoms work and you can easily win with them. Just stay positive in the random ones that don't. Next match can always be better.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
So... what are the chances they make 3rd person permanent one day? After hours of playing I can safely say that Apex in 3rd person is significantly better to me.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Please make Third Person permanent, i'm too good at it, i just had a match with 3000 damage and 12 kills.
Please make it permanent.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Any news if Solos is coming back at some point? I still get an itch to play the game every now and then, though not in teams.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Just tonight I got several top threes (both modes) and a solo win in 3rd person mode solo queing. Even one match I only landed with one other. Randoms work and you can easily win with them. Just stay positive in the random ones that don't. Next match can always be better.
I actually cannot remember the last non-ranked game I played where I had more than 1 other teammate after 5 minutes into the round. It's easily been over 50 rounds since I've had a full team last beyond 5 minutes.

"Next match can always be better" -- eh....... maybe next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next next match will be better I guess...

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
if i drop solo and leave my squad, i'll end up top 5 with 6+ kills. If i stick with my duo of random fucking smoothers, i'll die asap whilst i follow them into the dumbest shit. Fucking matchmaking needs to die in a fire.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The third person mode clearly got enough attention so that it doesnt look amateur but it still looks way better than PUBG LOL what a joke that game is, 2020 and it still look like it is a pre-beta product. Had a bit of fun on the third person mode, was a bit distracted looking at the somewhat janky animations. I really enjoyed Live.Die.Live though and I am now waiting to play that mode where the ring just keep getting smaller all the time.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Already done with the challenges of the new mode, which was fun and entertaining, but I don't think I'll play it lots though. I'll be back for Armed & Dangerous, also known as "get downed from 300m away by a golden longbow" mode, now that's gonna be fun!

Also managed to finally get that 2k damages badge with Lifeline, that evaded me for so long! Pretty happy about that one. In the same game, I did 11 kills, which is 1 less than my maximum amount (12), so not too shabby! Here's the full video (well, as full as can be cause PS4 only records the last 15 minutes of gameplay so my 4 first kills aren't shown). The ending was particularly enjoyable, the way I downed and killed people with just grenades around 11:25 was absolutely hilarious to me, never underestimate grenades!

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Also managed to finally get that 2k damages badge with Lifeline, that evaded me for so long! Pretty happy about that one. In the same game, I did 11 kills, which is 1 less than my maximum amount (12), so not too shabby! Here's the full video (well, as full as can be cause PS4 only records the last 15 minutes of gameplay so my 4 first kills aren't shown). The ending was particularly enjoyable, the way I downed and killed people with just grenades around 11:25 was absolutely hilarious to me, never underestimate grenades!
Nice!

Honestly, Lifeline is probably my least played Legend, but the few games I've played with her I've gone absolutely nuts in. I think my very first game with Lifeline was something like 12 kills, 2.5k damage, and a win. That was wayyy back pre-season 1 though.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Lifeline's the only legend i have a 2k+ damage badge on so far. her abilities are probably some of the best in the game. had a great match earlier today where i managed to pull off two clutch revives in the middle of the final fight and then went on to win the match (using a triple take as a makeshift shotgun no less!). her and Gibraltar are probably the two legends i've done best with this season.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Really enjoying ABC as expected. My favorite so far. You can fight like normal and really get strategic towards the end trying to get in the circle and take out the 8-10 last squads.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I have a 2.5K damage badge with Path, 2K damage with Octane, and I got 1998 (so close) with Gibralter once. I haven't been close to 2k with any other characters except for maybe one game with Caustic where I got like 1.7K.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I also noticed that we won the game on that video posted above, because I didn't grab that gold knockdown shield and left it for my teammate (because I already had taken the gold body shield and the gold helmet) at 5:10, which he then managed to immediately use appropriately at 12:25 while everybody was distracted and fighting each-other. Talk about good fortune, sometimes not grabbing all the good loot for yourself like a greedy loot goblin, and sharing some of the goods with your teammates, is what gives you the win.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Really feel like trying to get into Apex again, but all my bros are coming down off it hard.

Hope S4 will have enough clout to pull them back for a spell, because every new iterative game mode seems to only make them more jaded.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Really feel like trying to get into Apex again, but all my bros are coming down off it hard.

Hope S4 will have enough clout to pull them back for a spell, because every new iterative game mode seems to only make them more jaded.

The playerbase is toxic right now. Honestly, if there was anything else to play I would. Overwatch is trash now. R6 has too many characters and maps to just jump in. I'm playing the Darwin Project a little, but no teams. Hunt Showdown needs to hurry up and release on ps4.

I hope we get a good next gen multiplayer game quickly. Got a year and half till another modern Battlefield. We need another reinvention of the genre. Battle royale is played out. Toxic communities and incessant patching are killing everything else.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
The playerbase is toxic right now. Honestly, if there was anything else to play I would. Overwatch is trash now. R6 has too many characters and maps to just jump in. I'm playing the Darwin Project a little, but no teams. Hunt Showdown needs to hurry up and release on ps4.

I hope we get a good next gen multiplayer game quickly. Got a year and half till another modern Battlefield. We need another reinvention of the genre. Battle royale is played out. Toxic communities and incessant patching are killing everything else.
Don't wanna believe it, but everything you say sounds too familiar. I really like R6 but it's a huge commitment to learn and play well with others; not helped by rampant smurfing in newcomer/casuals.

I think Hunt Showdown will provide a welcome break if that ever releases on PS4. For now, I feel a bit lost.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Overwatch is trash now.

Battle royale is played out. Toxic communities and incessant patching are killing everything else.

Overwatch had an amazing run by comparison to Apex, though. We're talking about 2-3 strong years with OW whereas Apex has felt off for a few months now since the SBMM changes. I stopped playing OW because I was becoming way too toxic but when that game was good it was REALLY good. I think OW 2 will be a big hit.

You're on to something with BR being played out...I still love the genre (waiting on MW's BR map to drop actually) but I think overall it's peaked.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Teaser for/in WE coming today at 10am PST and then teases every other day from here on out are scheduled. Interested to see what they've got cooked up. Revenent, volt gun, new sniper maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.