• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Hmm, well now I'm wondering about the construction zones from Hammond on World's edge. Also, what is going to blow up the park in capitol city? Maybe some response from Hammond? Or revenent?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

That trailer, bring on next week!!!

Damn, I wish I had seen this blind.

I got spoilt by the leak, which I imagine got Respawn pissed.

Even before the leaks there were theories... but for those that don't know, the leaked screenshot was the "shocking" moment.

Same I'm with you, shame it did not pan out without leaking. Still happy about how they approached it, was awesome to have them play off data-miners to trick the community.

There's a chance we'll see Forge go to surgery and come back being an almost full/ totally full robotic boy and seeking vengeance on the ring. That makes for a much cooler backstory than the one he has now, and also builds sympathy from players.

Honestly would be excited, Forge now has a 1000% better backstory coming as a Legend now IMO.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Casiello
Writer for Apex Legends at Respawn Entertainment

Six years experience overseeing the multiple writing teams for all of WWE's Original Television Programming, including writing, producing and directing both live and live-to-tape television for WWE: Monday Night RAW, Friday Night SmackDown, Main Event and twelve annual Pay-Per-Views.

NKDlrgs.gif

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Picked up the free charm. You don't have to actually put it in your inventory, just open up the crate and click the red icon. There was not confirmation sound or visual that I noticed.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up the free charm. You don't have to actually put it in your inventory, just open up the crate and click the red icon. There was not confirmation sound or visual that I noticed.
Saw it at reddit, there was a confirmation sound. Glad to see it is locked to the deathbox and not one item per match. Could have lead to some race to the box at the drop shenanigans, but I'd drive me crazy eventually. XD

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I kinda like that Steel Cut free charm, I paired it with the level 110 S1 battle pass Havoc skin (The Golden Idol) and it looks n o i c e !

Here is a video showing the exact place where to loot it, and how it looks like:

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Had some weird games this evening. Everyone seems to be able to pin point my location. Even when popping dance party ive been chased down and destroyed. One game I landed in a building on the second floor and two teams were fighting it out above me, I decided to crouch in a corner behind a wall and move out once they'd gone but they threw a grenade at me through a window and 2 of them rounded the corner opening up on me.

I want to know their secrets, is is just luck or have the got super sensitive hearing that allows them to pin point a mouse fart from 600 yards?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Even though I was spoilt, I am still hyped. And in reality, a small fraction had it spoiled I think.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I know it sucks for the devs who worked hard on this, but rest assured, even though I had spoiled myself beforehand, that just made me curious to see it happen for real, and I'm pretty hyped as a result!

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I could see forge still being in the game. Revives is a big part of the game even if he died.

Would be cool if the initial season reveal was only a partial of what we get. Multiple legends and weapons.

Maybe they will do some sort of mid season rollout for some items and game adjustments as well.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I would think with season 4 being "delayed" in a sense from the original roadmap 2 legends could hit this time. I don't think the mid season ranked map change would be the only pull they're going for.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Despite my frustrations with Respawn because of their bizzare updates (Gibby buff, why?) and reluctance to fix issues with the game in a timely manner (skin glitch) i absolutely love this game.

I'm in on Season 4, i kinda hope Forge is in at some point. I think the game needs another Tank over what seems like another DPS.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if they'll add Forge later on but he's taller than Gibraltar and is supposed to be a melee based Legend in a shooting game... That seems like a terrible idea and after Octane, Wattson (outside of ranked/comp) and Crypto, I have little faith in them making it work.

Here's hoping Revenant is cool and still gets picked a week after he comes out. There's currently 11 Legends in the game and at least half of them are terrible. If you're not playing Wraith/Path/Gibby/Bang (in normal matches), you're just making it extra hard for yourself. But who knows, they made Gibby great, maybe Bloodhound becomes insane in Season 4 when whatever new balancing changes come out.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
It never feels like it matters what character I pick, so I play exclusively Wattson. I'm probably not good enough for character choice to be relevant.

Edit: Oh fun, just got killed in a match, respawn timer ends, my character thing goes grey, I leave and get the abandon penalty.

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I guess people aren't falling for Mirage's decoy anymore? At least that's what my experience have been so far, time to change my main.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I have seen people speculating that we might get Forge and Revenant in season 4. While there is definitively something fishy about Forge's assassination I doubt he will be back in season 4 if at all. I would welcome it though since R6 Siege has showed us that a large roster of various useful characters can make for a fun game.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I guess people aren't falling for Mirage's decoy anymore? At least that's what my experience have been so far, time to change my main.

You gotta set him up like a trap, in front of open loot containers or deathboxes. The problem with sending him straight out is that he just saunters around whereas if you're gonna go somewhere you're gonna be sprinting, maybe sliding etc. He needs to have some randomness added to the travelling bamboozle.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If i recall, Mirage hologram runs with weapons down. It would be better if you did it with them up or had the option to change what the holo does.

Doubletap to run and shoot, tap once to run, hold to run and slide. Ping a zipline to have him zip etc etc.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
One more week of dumb lore teases until the season starts and we actually see what's up. They never release patch notes until after the season's already begun and we're actually playing...

In season 2 they changed the meta out of nowhere, completely, by adding Disruptor Rounds. Season 3 kicked off with a very open new map and a crazy overpowered new sniper, so everyone was beaming from across the map with a Charge Rifle. Kind of scared of what's in store gameplay wise for season 4.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One more week of dumb lore teases until the season starts and we actually see what's up. They never release patch notes until after the season's already begun and we're actually playing...

In season 2 they changed the meta out of nowhere, completely, by adding Disruptor Rounds. Season 3 kicked off with a very open new map and a crazy overpowered new sniper, so everyone was beaming from across the map with a Charge Rifle. Kind of scared of what's in store gameplay wise for season 4.
tbh I like the drastic changes. Keeps the game fresh and everyone constantly changing strats.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
tbh I like the drastic changes. Keeps the game fresh and everyone constantly changing strats.

I mean change doesn't have to be bad, but in both seasons they introduced stuff that they had to nerf not once, but multiple times, eventually removing Disruptors all together. The new stuff is either too good, like those two, or completely terrible, like the L-Star and Double Tap.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean change doesn't have to be bad, but in both seasons they introduced stuff that they had to nerf not once, but multiple times, eventually removing Disruptors all together. The new stuff is either too good, like those two, or completely terrible, like the L-Star and Double Tap.
Double tap terrible EXCUSE ME?

G7 Dub Tab is like my fav gun currently.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Double tap terrible EXCUSE ME?

G7 Dub Tab is like my fav gun currently.

It is terrible. The time to kill is the same weather you're using double tap or not, but with double tap you need to hit both shots, which is harder at range. It's a lot better to just single fire spam.

G7 is still completely broken in any case by the way, with that rate of fire, damage, increased width of bullets, 20 rounds with a purple mag... It takes little skill to use and deal a ton of damage in a second, it needs a huge nerf and it should be coming next week. On this open map with so much high ground, fighting against a squad camping up top with G7s is the least fun thing ever. Here's hoping all the sniper towers and Trainyard get blown up next week.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think disruptor is gone for good though. I think we will see rotating hop-ups over time with new ones introduced. I like the variation and change even if some things release a little op. That is the nature of any game some things will be op and I think respawn has done well making ongoing adjustments and not just leaving it out there as is. Incremental adjustments is normal in competitive online games. That is why a large roster will be better since a harsh adjustment won't be a huge impact on available character selection.

I'd like to see select fire go away with the prowler becoming full auto in the next season. That would eliminate some of the R99 spam since some prefer it over it. I think it's way easier to handle and would be a pick me up item since you don't need to search for a key piece anymore.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
unknown.png

Er, anyone have 4 weeks of challenges locked? Just came back to finish up the battle pass... but I don't think I can do it

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Er, anyone have 4 weeks of challenges locked? Just came back to finish up the battle pass... but I don't think I can do it
Been like that since week 14. They only made enough challenges to fill 13 weeks, but their UI just fills in that column with the amount of weeks in the season. This was likely a problem with the underlying code from the get-go, but it only showed up once the season system was delayed and season 3 was extended to hit the 1 year mark.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Been like that since week 14. They only made enough challenges to fill 13 weeks, but their UI just fills in that column with the amount of weeks in the season. This was likely a problem with the underlying code from the get-go, but it only showed up once the season system was delayed and season 3 was extended to hit the 1 year mark.
Wow, that's extremely frustrating, I put the battle pass down assuming I'd have enough weeks to hit 100+ from just the +1 level challenges I'd have left. Now I'm going to have to burn myself out to do so.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Man, who knew DUMMIEs would be so fun? My favourite mode of the soiree by far.
Especially enjoyed the loot (mainly shield) dispersal. Almost every match our squad had at least blue shields from the get-go, with purple seeming much more common.
I feel like if you've got semi-decent gear early, you're more engaged early; thinking about how to approach gunfights and navigate the map rather than trying to stay alive. It's much harder for engaged players to get bored. If you're still scouring the map for a shield after 5 minutes then it becomes very boring, as your engagement dwindles along with your chances of survival and investment in the current round.

There's a chance we'll see Forge go to surgery and come back being an almost full/ totally full robotic boy and seeking vengeance on the ring. That makes for a much cooler backstory than the one he has now, and also builds sympathy from players.

I think that would be dope, and I'm not even following Apex updates that regularly. Looking forward to the S4 shenanigans.

They've created a nice identity for this game, and it's nice to see them having fun with it. Personally I'm in the "shame about the leak" camp, as I have full sympathy for the devs in such cases. Entitled players come a not-very-close second. It's easy to say "I was still hyped!" in hindsight, but if you're being honest with yourself surprises would be much greater and the hype much more concentrated (the entire userbase finding out at the same time) if it wasn't for leaks. Devs should get to own that stuff, not random attention-seekers.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Here's hoping all the sniper towers and Trainyard get blown up next week.

I wish they would just blow train yard off the map completely. It's the most useless area for looting in the game and it's also the worst place to fight in - especially the last circle with everyone camping in the sniper towers.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Weird theory: Revenant is Forge.

Lame explanation: Two things that exist in the Titanfall and Apex universe are Simulacrum and Phase Shift/Time Gauntlet. Revenant is a Simulacrum, that is to say, a deceased person's consciousness. So Revenant, who we've already seen through the Halloween event has access to Phase Shift tech, might have put his hands on a Time Gauntlet of sorts too, so he comes back in time and kills himself (when he was still Forge), so he can exist as Revenant. A sort of self-fulfilling prophecy, Back to the Future style.

BTW, not expecting this to be right.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Train Yard is cancer. I don't know why people love to drop there so much.

I've grown to not hate it. When the team jumps to that spot I j just land on the outer parts so it's easy to bail if you don't get a weapon. Also it's easy to surprise people who may not see you coming from a lower area behind them. Dropping in the middle of train yard can be a nightmare free for all. Especially if you have no weapon and need to escape out.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
so i've just discovered why i suffer from so much lag playing this game compared to any other online game. it's because it apparently takes up an abnormal amount of bandwidth! after looking around online i've found that other people suffering have identified the poor netcode causing a high amount of bandwidth to be used. living in a rural area with limited internet pretty much guarantees it being subpar a bunch of the time despite the connection being stable (i've got the console connected through an ethernet cable straight into the router) and other online games having no where near this many issues. it also makes the game more or less unplayable if i want to try and stream it, even at a low quality. tested it out this afternoon and my character was rubber banding everywhere, dropping inputs and getting shot round corners several seconds after i'd run round them. great, good, wonderful 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.