• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I have more issues with "ghost" audio than missing audio. Stuff like clear as day footsteps, but no one's there. It's difficult to verify though because mayyybe someone was there and somehow got away, but it has happened so many times that I don't buy it.

The meta being "mash the drop button as soon as the game lets you drop" is boring because the game basically just becomes team deathmatch at that point. I would think there'd be some appeal in quietly scavenging around with your team for a few minutes before getting into a fight with another squad. Because it's a battle royale game.
People say Apex Legends solved BR, but the more I play it, the more I feel like it's the furthest from it. The heart of BR is the tension while looting and while looking for (or hiding from) others. Apex doesn't have that. The TTK, mobility, visibility, map size/design, useless long distance weapons etc mean that there's fighting and there's looting. No in-between. People get bored of the latter (makes sense, it gets mind-numbing fast), so they just go 100% for the former.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a Legendary for a weapon/character you already had a Legendary for does suck, but there's so much worse Legendary stuff that you could've gotten. :/

My Legendary items so far are skins for Bloodhound, Pathfinder, RE-45 and Flatline...

I beat you.
Got a legendary for P2020 and Gib skins. Daaaaamn

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
People are past level 100 on the battle pass?

Just ... how? It takes a total of 2,950,000 XP. With the full legend bonus you make 6xp/second, So 136 hours. However, you there's only been ... 3 weeks of the bonus so far and after you hit that cap you're only earning 3XP/second.

So ... you could work through all three weeks of legend bonus with 62 hours of survival time. That would get you to 1,350,000 XP putting you at level 46. After that you'd need 1,600,000 XP, without the bonus, so 148 more hours of survival time.

So, 210 hours? In three weeks?

Obviously, this doesn't count the +50XP per kill, or damage, or +900XP for a win, but holy crap guys. That's some commitment.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
If you are referring to me, no I mean overall level.

Battle pass is so slow for me since I didn't buy it. The last free item during the battle pass is like lvl 43? After that everything is locked behind the battle pass. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Got it.

Sorry, I'm a little too committed to this grind and the concept that someone's done it in three weeks temporarily melted my brain. :)

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Got it.

Sorry, I'm a little too committed to this grind and the concept that someone's done it in three weeks temporarily melted my brain. :)
Yeah the battle pass grind without purchase feels like a really long drag. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong lol. :( I get wins, kills and rotate between like 4 legends,.. isn't that enough? :(((

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Am gonna hit 90 pretty soon.
Could have reached 100 by now if I made more effort. I do play though almost every character on reset.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
My son and I have had loads of wins as a duo, 3 of which were back to back by dropping at swamps or slums. I don't find it boring at all playing conservatively, we pick our fights and it has worked out for us alot.

This is closer to how I play but maybe a little more spicy like landing in Repulsor or Thunderdome where I'll most likely run into one team. This being said, I met a kid the other day who loves to drop skulltown and hot zones. He got 10 kills in Skull one match and I got 7. It was pure chaos for the first 5 minutes of the match and it was so damn fun. I can see why people drop there now.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Oh, and those who never encountered the slow motion bug, here's a clear example. I only clipped about 3 minutes, but this has been going ever since the lobby was formed, so even the initial banner showcase and the ship's movement were slower. You can see how many people are quitting as this is a server-wide issue. It sort of fixes itself by the end of the video but then like two third of the server died/left, which made the match rather boring. This is an oldish clip of mine I forgot to post before, but this does happen every now and then, still. It's not a playback issue, you can clearly hear from the audio cues that the game is running in real time.

The slow mo bug is insanely annoying and I think it's directly tied to the Source engine not being able to handle a bunch of people landing in one spot together because the minute the killfeed starts going off is when it starts to return to normal. I'm on X1 and not sure the PC has the issue. If we land in an area where no one has gone it's totally fine most of the time.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The scopes on golden guns are awful. Let me put my basic red dot on the wingman or carbine.

And a select fire on the havoc instead of the turbocharger? You know...an already golden attachment? Nobody wants to use a Havoc and consciously make the effort of holding the trigger two seconds before you actively engage in a fight.

Imagine if they put a golden R99 in the game with a locked on BIG ASS 2-4x scope that takes up your screen? *cringes*

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The scopes are the main offender and the main reason I avoid them. Can't stand those circle scopes and all 3 HCOGs are the best for the different ranges. 2x hcog specifically for my playstyle.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
8bc10551-3995-4b94-9544-2e228969ccc2.PNG

:D

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh :D
We do play with some guys who are new or just.. Bad.

We don't say anything, just encourage them more and say we are here to have fun.

I couldn't bring myself to do it to strangers I get partied up with on the game. I'll just post about it on here.

But when I'm playing with my IRL friends? It's all copacetic between us when it comes to banter and shit talking. It's just our dynamic and quite frankly, I enjoy it lol.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't bring myself to do it to strangers I get partied up with on the game. I'll just post about it on here.

But when I'm playing with my IRL friends? It's all copacetic between us when it comes to banter and shit talking. It's just our dynamic and quite frankly, I enjoy it lol.

Yeah I feel ya.
I've seen some really really weird stuff with randoms. It's just not logical at all. If I post about them here it will take pages.
I've told some randoms to delete the game LMAO

I do get irritated with some friends though :D

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Usually I can discern some of the logic behind what randoms do, but what's up with passing jumpmaster and immediately spamming a location? Why pass if you absolutely must land at that spot?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Usually I can discern some of the logic behind what randoms do, but what's up with passing jumpmaster and immediately spamming a location? Why pass if you absolutely must land at that spot?
Maybe they want to go somewhere, but want who they judge to be better players to make the final call? Best guess.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
because they want to break off from you when they get close to the spot

if youre jumpmaster youre probably going to have to deal with some brainless ape clinging to your asscheeks on landing

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
because they want to break off from you when they get close to the spot

if youre jumpmaster youre probably going to have to deal with some brainless ape clinging to your asscheeks on landing

Gonna start running into cliffs when people do this shit.

*relinquishes*

*sporadically pings bunker*

Bunker you say?

*flies into the scoreboard banner*

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
is anybody else having an issue on the ingame squad screen where they cant mute a player. either the option isnt there or it is there but clicking it doesnt work

driving me nuts.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I've sort of gotten into the habit as jumpmaster of pinging the general drop location and then pinging my final drop point with the individual indicator when I get close, just so there's minimal confusion as to where I'm headed.

Even so, nearly half the time someone is gonna follow me inside the same damn door and wander uselessly behind me like a lost puppy, as if I'm NOT gonna pick up literally everything I see the minute I touch down.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if I could use pings as orders for specific team members. But I think I know how toxic that could get with shitty randoms, so I get not implementing it.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Just won as a duo with a buddy. We took out 5 squads. It was like Neo and Trinity attacking the skyscraper. We nuked them all.

The last squad was atop a building. We just charged them and they fell apart. So damn good when shit clicks.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
How? How do you get 20, let alone 30? I don't even SEE 30 people, even when playing super aggressively.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Guys.. when y'all reach that Purple prowler skin... it's super good. Having a tiny glowing bloodhound is Awesome

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Its not really THAT hard, just need to git gud and get lucky.
Drop to skull town when its hotdrop zone, land next to purple armors + good guns, kill everyone there and proceed to run around map hunting people.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i cant win ;(

i wish i was good enough to win solo

edit:complaining worked again >:)

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point in using anything aside from the R99 and Wingman. They both have great to decent range for close to mid. Maybe even far if your wingman is on point and the 30 round mag on the r99 wrecks up close if you whiff your wingman shots.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Why does the game sometimes lags/ freezes up only when meeting an enemy? The moment they are near it acts up. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.