• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
ive encountered where the game would freeze for a few seconds, when we get into our first fight with a squad by, and then end up wiped.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wraiths hitbox yo lol. Melee towards her and you feel the reticule TUG to her character model but her head is so small she basically weaved my punch hahaha. Jeez.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Are the shot caller badges broken? I won as jumpmaster and it didn't give it to me :(

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
TFW you hot drop at Skull Town and find purple armor but no gun.

xsmg2yswdq621.gif

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, gimme an R-99 and basically anything else and I will move the heavens.

Turns out if you play it like TR in Planetside 2, where your weapons don't hit and the damage doesn't matter unless you're on top of shit and hipfiring, it works VERY well.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at these level 100s that quit when I pick Lifeline.

The ban should kick in a lot more often.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've started playing with an R-99 and a full-auto Prowler whenever possible. Sure my range suffers a bit, you don't win fights from afar and when I'm up close, whoo boy do people go down fast.

The selectfire is unfortunately a bit rare, but the R-99 I have with me pretty much always.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that artifacting-like visual during chocoTaco's stream and he's using a 2080ti, so I'm thinking it's some weird thing with the card and the game. Can be seen in this clip at 17-18 seconds.

KHp4SH8.png

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Its not really THAT hard, just need to git gud and get lucky.
Drop to skull town when its hotdrop zone, land next to purple armors + good guns, kill everyone there and proceed to run around map hunting people.

20 kills: kill 1/3 of the server, by yourself.

It's not just enough to be good, you have to be lucky enough for the the rest of the server not to kill each other first.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
How the shit do you get to rank 50 and ignore blue armour pings when you have white and the team all has purple and when it comes time to fight, youre the last one and you whip out a fucking AUTO PISTOL? If I could choose to revive 1 person instead of 2 I woulda left you in the grave...

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just about to get the Legendary Apex Pack at level 86 and I'm debating on weather I should risk it or switch to Belgium and get crafting metals instead. Need to make up my mind as I'll be hitting 86 very soon...

Literally took two seconds to switch. I think I should take the metals.

2bXaiXQ.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just about to get the Legendary Apex Pack at level 86 and I'm debating on weather I should risk it or switch to Belgium and get crafting metals instead. Need to make up my mind as I'll be hitting 86 very soon...

2bXaiXQ.jpg

Some dude on reddit just posted about getting a legendary Mozambique skin in his level 86 pack. Go for the metals.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Some dude on reddit just posted about getting a legendary Mozambique skin in his level 86 pack. Go for the metals.

That's exactly what I saw that got me scared. There's so many Legendary finishers, banners, Gibraltar, Caustic, P2020 and Mozambique skins, getting a Legendary item can go so wrong...

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had some good games today and a few wins. Been attempting to get used to actively engage up close rather than always mid-to-long-range. Going down more often, but also breaking shields and downing enough of the squad for the rest of mine to mop up.

Still not quite getting to 1000+ dmg matches, but hopefully that changes soon. Only at 46 hours and haven't played a mp FPS since the original Titanfall.

That's exactly what I saw that got me scared. There's so many Legendary finishers, banners, Gibraltar, Caustic, P2020 and Mozambique skins, getting a Legendary item can go so wrong...

Wouldn't be so bad if you could keep getting packs, instead of a limited commodity, and if tokens were worth anything beyond just new characters (token alt skins being gated by their base coin skins). There's so much there and the coin exclusive skins that there isn't a need to gate the apex packs. It's not like the token and crafting mats are generously given either.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't be so bad if you could keep getting packs, instead of a limited commodity, and if tokens were worth anything beyond just new characters (token alt skins being gated by their base coin skins). There's so much there and the coin exclusive skins that there isn't a need to gate the apex packs. It's not like the token and crafting mats are generously given either.

Exactly. I've said it before, but not being able to get much use out of the 123k red tokens I currently have sucks. Let me craft a Legendary of my choice, or even just one of the Legendary items currently in the store, for like 50k of those.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

2bXaiXQ.jpg

You don't get banned if you switch regions?

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019

2bXaiXQ.jpg
You serious??? crafting metal for sure.

How do you change region? I cans imply put belgium as console setting?

Deleted member 15848

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You serious??? crafting metal for sure.

How do you change region? I cans imply put belgium as console setting?

Nah, It won't work if you do it from your console. You have to log into your EA account and switch it from there.

I did it for my guaranteed purple pack and I'm planning on doing it for my legendary as well.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you do it from the EA website. I got a Caustic purple skin from the Epic pack, 250 crafting metals would've been more useful.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

They're a bit of a joke for sure, but I'll take the lootboxes. CBA to mess around. I've recently realized that not only do I not care about the skins, I actually haven't given them any thought at all.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Got my 800 crafting metals, switched the region back. Now I need to figure out what I want the most, a Legendary skin for Bangalore, Lifeline, Octane, Wingman or R-99...

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Apex down to #3 on XBL now.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

At this point - I really think it's due to them not adding new special event modes in the game. It's been out long enough where they need to shake up the playlist and get some more options happening.

I mean... #3 is still great, but they really, really need to add stuff to their game. People want their carrot on a stick, so you give them their carrot on a stick. They simply should do a big midseason update with daily and weekly challenges, add the often requested duo and solo mode and add some nice looking weapon and legend skins.
How long is left for season 1? Something around 60 or 65 days? If they only add the L-Star as an airdrop and Watson it will go down in popularity constantly.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
20 kills: kill 1/3 of the server, by yourself.

It's not just enough to be good, you have to be lucky enough for the the rest of the server not to kill each other first.

Yep. You really have to get the luck of the draw with enemy players, populated hot drops, good weapons and you're probably gonna have to coordinate with your own team. I can't imagine getting 20 getting paired up with two other cold killers that can destroy other players easily.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
20 kills you almost need to allow a few teams to grab banners and respawn them back in. That requires knowingly letting one escape and watch for the respawn ships. Pros do it in competition but it's way harder without coordination and you have to fall back and not engage that last guy left. Usually you just want to eliminate a squad at first chance and it's hectic to determine who is with what group.

Also in general just watching for respawn ships is going to help bring your kill count up. These are basically bringing the total player count back up to allow more kills within a game.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
20 kills you almost need to allow a few teams to grab banners and respawn them back in. That requires knowingly letting one escape and watch for the respawn ships. Pros do it in competition but it's way harder without coordination and you have to fall back and not engage that last guy left. Usually you just want to eliminate a squad at first chance and it's hectic to determine who is with what group.

Also in general just watching for respawn ships is going to help bring your kill count up. These are basically bringing the total player count back up to allow more kills within a game.

All of this. It's really not as easy as people think. Everything has to be aligned.

Unless you're Shroud and get 20 kills every game.

I feel there's a few of us itt that can break 10+ pretty easily consistently but 20 is a different beast.

BPK

Oct 27, 2017
How do base ps4 users find the game runs? I'm enjoying the gameplay but the framerate seems inconsistent.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I try chasing the gunfights as soon as I hear them or the spawn ships but the killfeed keeps going and I only make it in time to pick up the scrap. You really need to get lucky because I have no issues putting players down, it's being able to see enemy after enemy.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I mean... #3 is still great, but they really, really need to add stuff to their game. People want their carrot on a stick, so you give them their carrot on a stick. They simply should do a big midseason update with daily and weekly challenges, add the often requested duo and solo mode and add some nice looking weapon and legend skins.
How long is left for season 1? Something around 60 or 65 days? If they only add the L-Star as an airdrop and Watson it will go down in popularity constantly.

It reminds me exactly of what happened in Titanfall 2's post launch content. They released the game and then it took a good bit of time for them to regroup and bust out new content. Once they got back on it they were crushing it. I've been one on here championing the content in Apex too- them giving us a new gun, hero and battle pass was a good start but new game modes would really help break up the monotony. At the end of the day people just want to feel like they're putting everything they got into the post launch support but right now it feels a little unfocused or scattered. I don't know.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
It reminds me exactly of what happened in Titanfall 2's post launch content. They released the game and then it took a good bit of time for them to regroup and bust out new content. Once they got back on it they were crushing it. I've been one on here championing the content in Apex too- them giving us a new gun, hero and battle pass was a good start but new game modes would really help break up the monotony. At the end of the day people just want to feel like they're putting everything they got into the post launch support but right now it feels a little unfocused or scattered. I don't know.

I don't know how big Respawn are, but it feels like they have a bit too much weight on their shoulders with Apex, a new Titanfall and a Star Wars game. So Apex is a bit of a cash grab right now with a small team where they put little effort but still make enough money with lootboxes and their main focus is Star Wars.

Last edited:

AaronWatermelon

Designer at Rocketwerkz
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I noticed that artifacting-like visual during chocoTaco's stream and he's using a 2080ti, so I'm thinking it's some weird thing with the card and the game. Can be seen in this clip at 17-18 seconds.

I own (or owned) a 2080Ti and these visual anomalies are/were present for me, too. Unfortunately my card died later that week. I'm sure it's unrelated.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I like the blue Legendary Wingman the most and was thinking about crafting that, but I guess you're at a disadvantage with it, the ones I don't really like the look of are better...

I can confirm that aiming without scopes with those R-99 skins is better then with other R-99 skins. But those at least I vastly prefer aesthetically.

0QVLzzE.jpg

ihJ8fxm.jpg

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The solution is to expand the Apex team, much like Epic expanded it's team to pump out Fortnite content more often. I'm sure someone will say members of the Titanfall or Star Wars teams will get moved to Apex once their done with their project but neither the game nor the player base can wait that long.

Apex needs to keep up with everyone else, especially Fortnite.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
All of this. It's really not as easy as people think. Everything has to be aligned.

Unless you're Shroud and get 20 kills every game.

I feel there's a few of us itt that can break 10+ pretty easily consistently but 20 is a different beast.
In my 21 kill game, it came down to the pure luck of being able to kill the last 12 people left in the game by myself.

You just have to luck into a situation where the enemy teams aren't actually fighting each other and you just happen to walk into all of them. The combination of luck and having the skill to actually win those fights, anyway.

A lot of the elements are outside of your direct control, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.