• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty nice change list.

I like the faster dropship, should hopefully make matches a little more diverse.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What do you know? Been saying they needed to tweak the big boys health. Wonder if it's enough.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Happy about all these changes.

1)While the basic 3 free ranks are fun, hopefully we get more traditional double xp weekends like they've hinted

2)Spitfire nerfed? Not sure this was an issue because of the slower bullet spit. I felt like this was one of the better balanced 'good' guns and objectively worse then lets say the 301

3)Lets see how the long range goes. Going to be interesting since the handful of time you get caught in a snipe battle in the final circles its been stressful.

4)Lets see how the big boys turn out. would love for em to be more viable because they are still great designs

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Patch coming in about 35 minutes.

Notes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegend..._pst/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Key points: big boys get some damage resistance, there's a battle pass buff for 3 days, snipers get a buff, wingman and spitfire get slight nerfs

mmm

• Gold Havoc
    • Now has Turbocharger
    • Now has 1x-2x variable holo site
  • Gold R301
  • Gold Wingman
    • Now has digital threat

now those are gold guns i want to pick up.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Literally everything I've complained about is getting changed lol. Gold gun scopes. Big boys needed more health since OT1. THE SOUND. Thanks respawn.

Except the wingman. Leave my baby alone.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
They haven't implemented any yet but they acknowledged they are aware of issues and working on them for another patch "soon" I think they are needing to pin down the actual issue more as it's such a sporadic bug I am guessing hard to pinpoint
The post just says they're aware of the reports on sound/slow-mo servers/hit registration issues and are continuing to work on them.

ah, okay! thanks!!!

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like that Wingman nerf is REALLY gonna change the meta -- especially early game. As it is with 6 shots, you can easily down two people without needing to reload provided you hit all your shots. The same cannot be said for most other guns. Given the nerf to 4 shots, you can now only down 1 person who has no shields before needing to reload (two if you hit only headshots). Seems fair to me.

Also, happy about the Spitfire damage and mag nerf. Should balance that gun out a good bit.

The Havoc changes seem quite nice as well. The charge shot was a bit lame given its low damage and falloff. You can now break purple armour with two shots at range, which I think will make it a decent choice to prep for a rush.

REALLY happy about the sniper changes as well. The long range game feels great in this game, but it doesn't really pay off to carry a sniper given that something like a Wingman really outclassed it at most ranges.

Oh, and the Legend buffs. I'm interested to see how the 10% damage reduction passive really impacts their viability. In reality, it's basically only a single bullet difference in most cases. We'll see. I like that Gibby's shield is now stronger and that Caustic can YEET his cans (which also now do more damage) further.

Looking forward to trying the patch. Also, in case you didn't see -- if you place in the top 5, you get a free BP level. You can get that bonus once a day 4/16-4/18. Nice gesture.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how much those buffs actually help Gibraltar. At the very least, they sound nice.

I tried using the charge shot on the Havoc in a match once and couldn't hit a damn thing. Guess I'll try it out again.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's the big boys still aren't viable I have zero issues with them getting a bigger resistance.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Caustic was almost good before, now he is gonna be good I think with more hp AND 4x more gas dmg.
Gibraltar was even closer to be good before, now he will be good+ with more hp.

That all depends how the 10% is counted.
Gonna go test some bigbois now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited to use the Havoc. Last week I was saying that shit melts. Bigger ammo or bigger damage? Let's go.

Wonder how much the longbow is changing is because the firerate was my main complaint.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Really excited to use the Havoc. Last week I was saying that shit melts. Bigger ammo or bigger damage? Let's go.

Wonder how much the longbow is changing is because the firerate was my main complaint.
  • LONGBOW DMR
    • Increased fire rate 1.2 -> 1.6
    • Increased magazine size
      • Base mag increased: 5 -> 6 rounds
      • Common mag extender increased: 6 -> 8 rounds
      • Rare mag extender increased: 8 -> 10 rounds
      • Epic mag extender increased: 10 -> 12 rounds

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
  • LONGBOW DMR

I know I saw the numbers. I wanna actually feel the firerate in game is what I'm saying.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the havoc was pretty underrated, that's a pretty huge buff for it.

Overall the patchnotes seem really solid. Playing Caustic and Gib for the battlepass has really made it apparent how awful they are, so it's nice to see they even if this still doesn't work that they're aggressively going to scale until they're viable.

...poor Mirage.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
In case anyone is blocked from Reddit at work.....

LEGEND BALANCING

At the start of Season 1, we previously talked about how our beloved Thicc Bois (Pathfinder, Gibraltar and Caustic) were getting crushed due to their hitbox size compared to other Legends. We first wanted to try adjusting hitboxes to better fit the model. For Pathfinder, this change worked very well. (Note: separately, we are actively investigating and working on fixing unrelated hit registration issues sometimes affecting all characters). However, after looking at the data and player feedback, Gibraltar and Caustic only improved slightly with the hitbox adjustments.

We don't believe that hit box and character kit tuning is sufficient to bring Gibraltar and Caustic in line with their smaller competitors. Starting with Patch 1.1.1, Gibraltar and Caustic will get a new perk added to their passive - Fortified, which reduces damage taken by 10%. Over the week or two following this change, we will be watching how they perform with this additional protection and aggressively tune it if they are still underpowered relative to their size. Our goal is to ensure both Legends are viable picks by the end of this process.

Additionally, we're also making a few quality of life kit adjustments to ensure their marquee abilities are a more impactful part of their individual playstyles.

CAUSTIC:
  • Fortified Passive Perk added: reduces damage taken by 10%
  • Gas Damage per tick increased: 1 -> 4
  • Ultimate Throw distance increased: 28 meters -> 33 meters
GIBRALTAR:
  • Fortified Passive Perk added: reduces damage taken by 10%
  • Gun Shield health increased: 50 -> 75

WEAPON BALANCING
On the weapons side of the equation, we've made a number of changes to try to improve the power of long range gameplay. We're reducing leg shot damage reductions on sniper category weapons, so you're not punished for landing inaccurate shots at long distances. Given the semi-auto and low damage nature of our current sniper suite, coupled with the general speed and evasiveness of many Legend kits, it already takes several challenging shots to down someone at range. Because of this difficult sniper environment, we're also reducing general sniper weapon sway and hitting the DMR with a few targeted buffs to make it more viable to engage Legends at range.

Separately from the sniper category, we are nerfing the Spitfire a bit, but our goal is to still keep it strong, as it's a rarer spawning weapon. The Wingman is receiving a few magazine size nerfs, so that it doesn't dominate the stock gun vs. stock gun battle early on due to its super high damage per bullet. Lastly, the Havoc is getting some general ammo and charge beam buffs to bring it in line as a viable energy ammo AR that competes with the R-301 and Flatine/Hemlok. The end goal is that the Havoc pressures a player's ability to find Energy ammo, but is less dependent on finding attachments, whereas the R-301 and Flatline/Hemlok have less ammo pressure, but a higher reliance on finding more attachments to achieve power.
  • G7 SCOUT / TRIPLE TAKE / LONGBOW DMR
    • Lowered leg shot damage reduction: 25% -> 10%
    • Reduced base weapon sway by about 33%
    • Reduced base sway speed by about 25%

• LONGBOW DMR

• HAVOC
    • Increased base magazine size: 25 -> 32 rounds
    • Charge Beam
      • Reduced cost per shot: 5 -> 4
      • Increased close range damage: 55 -> 60
      • Increased damage at range: 45 -> 50
      • Close range damage falloff increased: 35m -> 75m
      • Ranged damage falloff increased: 75m -> 125m

• WINGMAN
    • Reduced magazine size
      • Base mag reduced: 6 -> 4 rounds
      • Common mag extender reduced: 8 -> 6 rounds
      • Rare mag extender reduced: 9 -> 8 rounds
      • Epic mag extender reduced: 12 -> 10 rounds

• SPITFIRE
    • Reduced base damage: 20 -> 18
    • Magazine extender attachments reduced
      • Common mag extender reduced: 45 -> 40 rounds
      • Rare mag extender reduced: 55 -> 45 rounds
      • Eprc mag extender reduced: 60 -> 55 rounds

ADJUSTMENTS TO GOLD WEAPON ATTACHMENTS:
  • Gold Havoc
    • Now has Turbocharger
  • Gold R301
  • Gold Wingman
    • Now has digital threat
BATTLE PASS XP BONUS EVENT:

In honor of Thicc-boi buffs, we're going to be running a bonus Battle Pass XP event. From approximately 10AM PST 4/16 through approximately 10AM PST 4/18, your first Top 5 of the day (your squad places 5th or better in a match) will grant you 1 full bonus Battle Pass Level (29,500 BPP), up to a max of level 110. You can earn this once per day.
We'll also be finding other moments during the season to add Battle Pass XP bonuses, so stay tuned!

ADDITIONAL CHANGES
  • JUMP SHIP SPEED
    • Increased the speed of the ship by about 50%
      • We felt that the ship was moving a bit too slow after watching player behavior so we're speeding it up so players that like to drop later in the flight path don't have to wait so long.
  • BUG FIXES
    • Fixed UI bug where the wrong percentage would be displayed for all boost badges.

I think the Wingman change is good. Now if only they'd boost the appearance rate. I actually hate the some weapons are better and more rare approach, outside of supply drop weapons. I'd much rather all guns be pretty well balanced and allow you to be able to do well with anything you find and just have personal preferences than have defacto good and bad weapons.

Curious to see how the big legend boosts work. I'm close to unlocking Caustic, but have been trying Gibraltor out a fair amount. Definitely took me longer to secure a win with him than with any other character.

I have also been trying the Havoc, so the bigger mag size is nice.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If this makes the big boys better in the meta than Mirage is probably last if that's the case lol.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm glad they decided to change the scopes on the gold Wingman and R301. I would almost always prefer a fully-kitted purple version of those guns over the gold because of how unwieldy they were with those ridiculous scopes.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yep, homeboy most likely fell to worst legend status after this update lol Hopefully he's next on the buff list since I do like his decoy ability.
A few changes that could be cool:

Decoy sends out a random Legend instead of just Mirage.

Ultimate creates several different Legends that perform random actions, including aiming and shooting fake bullets at other players.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Some interesting changes and should change the dynamic of the game somewhat.

- Base wingman now only has 4 shots, a good move.

- Increasing the jump ship speed 50% is quite a change tucked away at the end there! That will change how I approach my jump and when I do it

- Buffing snipers may mix things up a bit

All in all a nice set of changes and I look forward to giving it a go later.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
as a user of mirage, i still fall for bamboozles.
ive seen people unload a clip into one i sent only to turn their back to me and let me give them a nice pat on the back.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wow! Those are some great-sounding changes.

10% damage reduction for Gib and Caustic? Maybe it will make those characters viable. They were certainly in a bad spot as of last night.

Also ... I know no one here actually plays caustic but they buffed his gas drop damage from 1 points/tick -> 4 points/tick. That's ... huge. The gas trap will actually do some damage now..

Wingman 6 -> 4 bullet magazine seems like a pretty large nerf.

Havoc boost ... is that even necessary? That gun already seemed pretty strong.

And what's essentially 3 free battle pass levels in the next three days? Very yes, thank you. I'll take those.

Can't wait to log in tonight.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
100% winrate with Causting post patch.
Not sure how much the dmg reduction is doing work but I think the 4x gas dmg finally made him viable to do something else than set a camp in single house.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Played a few rounds and I think the changes are working. People seem more spread. We even came to Skulltown about halfway through and it hadnt even been looted!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Neat patch. Booted up the game, played a single boring ass game with randoms where we barely saw anyone, ended up in top three, got the free BP level and stopped there lol.

The exhaustion is starting to set in for me, too. I'm still enjoying it and if it wasn't for MHGU I'd probably still play it daily, but now that I have new games to play I can't see myself starting up Apex that much. I'll be back when the next major shakeup happens, which is hopefully new gamemodes.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
So I saw these changes and finally decided to hop back in; I played the first few weeks of release a bit and enjoyed it quite a bit, but got distracted with other stuff and then the BP was.....not great so I never got back on. Good news is mechanically I still love the movement and gunplay. Bad news is I haven't played since basically launch so I'm only level 29 and getting absolutely destroyed in every encounter by dudes with 5k+ kills etc.

It's gonna be a rough transition back I think lol. I went ahead and bought the pass though.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I love every one of these changes.

I already main Caustic despite his disadvantages and he's going to be an absolute mass murderer now lol

Anyone know how the gas tick works now? Is it 4, 5, 6, 7 etc?

Oh, and the Legend buffs. I'm interested to see how the 10% damage reduction passive really impacts their viability. In reality, it's basically only a single bullet difference in most cases. We'll see. I like that Gibby's shield is now stronger and that Caustic can YEET his cans (which also now do more damage) further.

That adds up over a long gunfight, especially as damage reduction makes healing more effective. For example you'll take 45 damage instead of 50, but then heal for 25 which is a larger portion of lost health.

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I love every one of these changes.

I already main Caustic despite his disadvantages and he's going to be an absolute mass murderer now lol

Anyone know how the gas tick works now? Is it 4, 5, 6, 7 etc?

As of yesterday it was one point per tick. Gas traps were for blocking doors, slowing down and spotting enemies, the damage just wasn't a factor.

Bangalore's smoke grenade does 10 points when it hits an enemy. That's more damage than a gas trap would ever do.

Now it's 4 points per tick ... so 4, 8, 12, etc.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
What day of the week does the weekly reset for the Champion bonuses start over? I'm not seeing that anywhere in-game, just my current XP totals with each Champion.

Edit: Also do you still accrue survival time/bonus when you're dead but still revivable?

Status
Not open for further replies.