• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
What day of the week does the weekly reset for the Champion bonuses start over? I'm not seeing that anywhere in-game, just my current XP totals with each Champion.

Edit: Also do you still accrue survival time/bonus when you're dead but still revivable?

Legend bonus XP isn't reset ... instead the cap just goes up 25k per week, on Tuesday morning. All of your legends should have a 125k cap right now.

EDIT: You don't normally accumulate survivor XP when you're boxed. However, if you're eventually revived, you receive full survivor XP, including the entire time you were boxed.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Legend bonus XP isn't reset ... instead the cap just goes up 25k per week, on Tuesday morning. All of your legends should have a 125k cap right now.

Oh okay, that makes a lot more sense, 125k seemed like a lot but I'm dying almost immediately most games so I didn't have a good point of reference.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As of yesterday it was one point per tick. Gas traps were for blocking doors, slowing down and spotting enemies, the damage just wasn't a factor.

Bangalore's smoke grenade does 10 points when it hits an enemy. That's more damage than a gas trap would ever do.

Now it's 4 points per tick ... so 4, 8, 12, etc.

Yeah patch notes said its 4 dmg per tick now.
On my dmg screen it still shows 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 etc tho, dunno if its just showing it weirdly or its bugged.

What I know is still bugged is the triggering of the traps, sometimes they just dont trigger even when enemy stands next to it for good 3-5sec.
Just lost round because I thought I was safe to reload behind corner because I had trap on other side but enemy just healed himself and came to kill me.
Wonder if it does that when the trap goes inside some wall or anything even a bit. Annoying AF anyway.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
It fills me with joy seeing y'all happy like this. Meanwhile, they nerfed my Spitfire and I don't know how I'll cope. Time to switch to Prowler+Selectfire for good I guess.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Nice changes but I don't think I'll ever use a G7 or Longbow unless they change the bullet drop on 'em. Whenever I use them I'm reminded why I don't as I have about as good a chance at hitting with any other weapon at range without the downsides. Triple Take is still my sniping bae.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
played my first match in weeks; top 3 finish, 4 kills over two fights, one being me getting a whole team by myself lol
finally got that decked out trophy too, last one I needed

Gibraltar feels great, tossing out my shield/air strike duo to revive a teammate, and downing one and damaging the other from a distance in the next fight

it's finally big boy season

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Honestly very happy with the buffs all around. Gibraltar was already close to good, so I see myself picking him much more often now. Not sure how much Caustic's ability buffs will affect his viability considering how bad he was before, but he might actually slot into midtier where Gib was now.

Mirage looks like shit now, though. His Ult desperately needs to be fixed.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
First match post patch, I pick Gibby, I'm the kill leader and we win. Another match with Gibby later on, both randos disconnect instantly, I get 8 kills and just barely lose against the last player of the last squad (Wraith). I think it's safe to say Gibraltar isn't completely trash anymore.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
First match post patch, I pick Gibby, I'm the kill leader and we win. Another match with Gibby later on, both randos disconnect instantly, I get 8 kills and just barely lose against the last player of the last squad (Wraith). I think it's safe to say Gibraltar isn't completely trash anymore.
I'm having a lot of fun with him now. Always liked his set, but the buff to the arm shield combined with Fortified has really made a difference.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly very happy with the buffs all around. Gibraltar was already close to good, so I see myself picking him much more often now. Not sure how much Caustic's ability buffs will affect his viability considering how bad he was before, but he might actually slot into midtier where Gib was now.

Mirage looks like shit now, though. His Ult desperately needs to be fixed.
It's wild how absolutely nothing Mirage's passive is, too.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having a lot of fun with him now. Always liked his set, but the buff to the arm shield combined with Fortified has really made a difference.

His ult was the only good thing about him before today, Gibby was absolute garbage in every other way. It was hard to get out on top of pretty much any 1vs1 against a semi competent player, you actually stand a chance now.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So, interesting, I guess.

I just got boxed about 10 minutes into the game, respawn timer timed out. Teammates were awesome, so I stayed on to watch. They went on to win easily.

I got the full survival bonus (18:00) even though I was never recovered.

It's possible that Respawn reverted the old behavior, I'll pay attention to see if the same thing happens again.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's been a undocumented change to body collision when jumping out of the ship, in the games I played today I never got stuck for a second like I would before sometimes.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Just had a great game with an excellent Lifeline.

See for yourself here for a few highlights..

My personal favourite is when Lifeline is knocked down, I guide her into a building to safely revive.... all outside the ring!

Then she drops her health drone to keep us ticking over while we recharge.

She finishes off the enemy while I drop my Portal to ring safety.

I love this game when teams use their abilities to great effect, it really comes into it's own.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Caustics traps going from annoying to an actual threat should be interesting. Wondering if it'll be enough.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to make that battle pass change permanent tbh, or at least something similar.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Should've just copied Overwatches style and reward a box every level. If you get a duplicates then give you some red credits.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
with DreamsPS4 release, Apex patch, Overwatch shenanigans, and Avengers coming fairly soon, april is just a hell month

edit: scratch apex off, i forgot about the playerbase being what it is LOL

Last edited:

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think there's been a undocumented change to body collision when jumping out of the ship, in the games I played today I never got stuck for a second like I would before sometimes.

It is still there, literally got stuck for 4 seconds in air just moments ago with tons of other squads.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't play gib or caustic but noticed a lot more of them playing with me tonight, the buffs seem to be working also the xp boost for BP is pretty awesome

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Its pretty funny to always read the salt posts in reddit after some nerf happens to something that was OP (wingman now).
People are saying wingman is in same tier with moz and p2020 now, that its useless now and who knows what.
Salty tears are the best breakfast.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Only played one match, but it was as Caustic and I ended with a W.

Obviously didn't play enough to fully say much but even just there he felt a lot better. The damage increase on the gas made people escape more and was useful for tossing it on downed enemies.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Its pretty funny to always read the salt posts in reddit after some nerf happens to something that was OP (wingman now).
People are saying wingman is in same tier with moz and p2020 now, that its useless now and who knows what.
Salty tears are the best breakfast.

The mag change makes people have to actually land their shots rather than just spam. Otherwise they'll get out dps'd by other guns/better shots.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
It just shifts its power more to late game. In theory you could delete an entire squad early game with a single clip.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't agree that Wingman was particularly OP aside from literally the first seconds, but since I never really use it anyway, I'm fine with the nerf.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It just shifts its power more to late game. In theory you could delete an entire squad early game with a single clip.

Yeah, their reasoning is totally sound. Wingman was basically endgame ready on pickup, you could do a lot with 6 shots before the mag extenders even come in. They're shifting more reliance on that.

Oct 28, 2017
Made it to rank 100.

No more loot boxes for me then. Which means no more skins, because they're fucking insane if they think I'm spending almost £16 for a legendary skin.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Gave the sniper rifles a spin after the patch.

It's refreshing to be able to open up my weapon selection a bit and carry a sniper instead of strictly playing with a mid + close weapon. Playing at range with a coordinated team is definitely more viable now.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Apex never had a "meta" per say but I do predict that with the new sniping buffs that you'll start to see atleast one person in a trio running sniper so they other two team mates can flank while the sniper just nails damage and calls out enemy positions from afar. I won 3 games in a row yesterday with my squad doing this strat.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
....i just got killed by a Gibraltar, i was not expecting that much bulk with full shield plus the 10% damage reduction

Damn

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Yowza! Wowie zowie you slayed in bunker.

Apex never had a "meta" per say but I do predict that with the new sniping buffs that you'll start to see atleast one person in a trio running sniper so they other two team mates can flank while the sniper just nails damage and calls out enemy positions from afar. I won 3 games in a row yesterday with my squad doing this strat.
This actually already happened to me. They did a good job. One of them had a triple take and a thristy wraith pushed me, and another thirsty Bangalore pushed my m8. They actually downed me. But they fucked up because the storm was coming when they tried to finish me. They had triggered my gas trap like fools and I took cover behind it. It was the perfect storm of poison and tactics. I outplayed them while downed by juking them around my gas trap lmaoo !!!

Speaking of gas traps, I now main caustic. I've been playing him b4, but now I MAIN HIM. HE IS MINE MINE MINE!! It is so sweet to hear that cough coming from your enemies. I love seeing people flailing around in my smoke as I rush them with my r99. I've actually killed people today without even knowing where they were with my gas traps from across the map.

The big Bois are back in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.