• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Having installed Apex yesterday, it really hit me how bad I am at multiplayer games. I've played COD and Halo, but it seems like this game is much more fast paced, speed and sensitivity wise(sensitivity is on normal). I haven't really played multiplayer for a few years, and I was always below average, so it's not unusual to only get 1-2 kills a match.
I really enjoy games that are about teamwork, because it feels like with a lot of FPS multiplayer games, you're on a team, but everyone is really running around the map, not really cooperating.

I did "troll" someone while knocked down, continously opening and closing the door in their face while they were shooting at me. =)

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
A team closed the top buncker door with caustic gas while they fought another team. They knew we came cause we triggered the gas. My team backed up and I went in through the gas and killed them with the wingman. Feeels so goood.

Last edited:

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
This game is the best but also the worst.

I had a series of terrible games, crazy lagging, then games where I couldn't find a weapon and then a great win with randoms where I broke my damage record (1400+) and then just after, disconnected and I can't reconnect right now.

Edit: Shoutout to my teammates, sorry I couln't accept the invite.

tJ7yXEn.jpg

And not a single downed tm too :p

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Picking up loot feels slower lately and doesn't feel as snappy. Also, placing Pathfinder zips seems slower to lock into position. Wonder what the deal is with this and if it's network / lag based.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
This is really boring.
Like right now am done with battle pass, not getting any package is so stupid. Nothing to look forward to.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
First time playing in a while, friend + me + rando = 15 kill game (me, 8, friend, 5, rando, 2).

Think I'm gonna call it a night

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
What's worse than a thirsty jumpmaster that goes straight for the ship?

One that misses the ship entirely and dumps you in the river.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Actual Apex tournament going right now, where they actually play against each other:

Funny to see all the wingman in hands of the good teams, extra funny that Dizzy who is 1 of the best players in the tournament have JUST wingman and 300 bullets, that should tell enough about the balance of wingman.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clear the devs didn't intend people to play the game in a organised fashion like this. Same for every other Battle Royale, it's decided by the marketing department. If a game wants to be an esport it has to be driven by the devs day 1 like CS/DOTA/LoL/SC/fighting games. Even something like Overwatch, which has a fine team format, isn't balanced well with the heros or map types.

I hope they don't try and balance around the play patterns of tournaments like this because it more than likely would make it worse for people who are just playing normally for fun.

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
Actual Apex tournament going right now, where they actually play against each other:

Funny to see all the wingman in hands of the good teams, extra funny that Dizzy who is 1 of the best players in the tournament have JUST wingman and 300 bullets, that should tell enough about the balance of wingman.

In the first session, one of the team won a round by giving their lifeline all of their heals and he won outside the zone. I was watching the team that ended 2nd.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Lmao NRG with Dizzy had gotten so far ahead by the second qualifier second place couldn't catch up. Insane he was just deleting ppl every round.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Refreshing to see different strats in the tourney with people actually jumping across the map and not Skulltown. 10+ teams left at round 5.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Refreshing to see different strats in the tourney with people actually jumping across the map and not Skulltown. 10+ teams left at round 5.

Because there is reason to try and win.
In typical Apex round there is no reason to try and win, there needs to be some reward that makes people want to win to change the whole drop asap meta.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
In typical Apex round there is no reason to try and win, there needs to be some reward that makes people want to win to change the whole drop asap meta.
Yeah, I don't see what would be so bad about getting a pack for a win, they could even limit it to one a day or something.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018

I get that you want more rewards but I'm pretty sure it has to do with skill level of opponents. Top streamers on pubs all drop immediately and win most of the time anyways. If they knew opponents weren't scrubs they wouldn't do that.

Also the fact that they're limited to 3 matches rather than unlimited hot drops per hour.

Last edited:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
This would be legit, combo that with daily login rewards and daily/weekly XP challenges and baby you got a stew.

The issue with this is that people would unlock everything over time without spending a penny.

We have to remember this is a 'proper' free to play game and not some RRP priced game with micro transactions in.

I agree with the principle that there should be a daily login bonus and something for winning, but I doubt we will see them give the potential for Infinite free packs.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They need to be having some weekly/weekend events if not just daily events. I mean they have extra 500 points for getting a kill with each player but only for the BP

Status
Not open for further replies.