• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
*sigh*

What a shame. Apex legends had so much potential (and still does). R.i.p in peace 2019-2019.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I unlocked Bloodhound's Prowler last night and it's actually really dope. The BP would've been legit if they included a unique gun like that for each legend.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
im so happy the battlepass rewards survival time over everything else, im a huge fan of the literal afkers in my games today XD

edit: its actually insane how easy this game is when you play lifeline...

Last edited:

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
im so happy the battlepass rewards survival time over everything else, im a huge fan of the literal afkers in my games today XD

It was a pretty anticlimactic end to a great game I had today when the last team was just a single Bloodhound crouched in a corner staring at a wall. Good thing I was a Bloodhound or we probably never would have found her.

Is it really so much to ask that you get battle pass rewards for damage and kills too? Maybe as a concession to the anti hot drop meta crowd you can set up a system where damage and kills increase in exp value when they're accrued later in a match.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
FINALLY get a Legendary character skin.

It's the big white Gibraltar one.
giphy.gif

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
The Legendary Havoc skin you get at level 100 looks pretty nice. Plus, you kinda don't need a scope when you use that skin.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Spent some tokens on the lifeline legend skin in the store today, having had the fuck ugly normal legendary variant since day one it's nice to have a version that doesn't look terrible.

Also hilarious at all the people pretending the game is dead or dying lately. It seems resetera loves nothing more than games failing and willing games to fail. There's this barely concealed glee people on this forum have when something isn't doing gangbusters.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Havoc is great especially when you plan for the spinup. But when you get turbocharger it's insane, speaking of since the last patch has anyone else noticed there are wayyyy less turbochargers to be found?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Havoc is great especially when you plan for the spinup. But when you get turbocharger it's insane, speaking of since the last patch has anyone else noticed there are wayyyy less turbochargers to be found?

I see em around but not nearly as much as other hop ups. I'm not entirely sure why it's a gold hop up vs something like the skullpiercer which I find all the time and can turn the Wingman into an OP weapon. Turbochargers should be purple and more common.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I apologize to anyone having to play with me yesterday on ps4. My gf wanted to play Apex with me and it is her very first fps. She is that 0 damage teammate you were all complaining about.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I decided instead of doing game winning YT videos/streams, I'm gonna do a bunch of 2nd place sadness videos

Mainly because I'm not winning any games

Edit: I do make for a show with Gibraltar's shield/artillery combo though

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Spent some tokens on the lifeline legend skin in the store today, having had the fuck ugly normal legendary variant since day one it's nice to have a version that doesn't look terrible.

Also hilarious at all the people pretending the game is dead or dying lately. It seems resetera loves nothing more than games failing and willing games to fail. There's this barely concealed glee people on this forum have when something isn't doing gangbusters.
Some people are just nutty in their expectations, especially when we got a character and weapon in the pipe. It's alright to take breaks from a game too, these things don't have to consume one's life.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
After two months I finally started picking up the G7 scout and trying to get the purple 2-4X Variable sight with it. If you can get this sight with it, the gun is fucking incredible at long range. Wow. I've been sleeping on this thing for so long that I'm now just thinking I can run Spitfire with the G7 and all my bases are covered.

Edit: I actually wonder if the Hemlock with the 2-4X sight running single fire mode would be even better?

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Man...I tried that new Blackout map last night and nope. I just can't get into it. I think I'm just gonna stick with Apex.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
So, so, so, so. no duos of solo yet?

Looks like I will keep this game on hold, undetermined.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Another crash.

That's more than 50 since the game came out. I'm on a PS4 for fuck sake, not some alien hardware. Fix your shit Respawn.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017

It is bleeding players left and right. Nobody in my discords plays anymore where we used to have like 10-12 full teams every night. Game feels stale. But glad you enjoy it. There will be people playing and I doubt it would die until something new comes along but they have missed their golden opportunity to keep the hype train rolling and retain their launch excitement.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It is bleeding players left and right. Nobody in my discords plays anymore where we used to have like 10-12 full teams every night. Game feels stale. But glad you enjoy it. There will be people playing and I doubt it would die until something new comes along but they have missed their golden opportunity to keep the hype train rolling and retain their launch excitement.

Agree with this. Game feels stale and the lack of communication from Respawn about what's coming doesn't make me interested in continued play.

I still enjoy it, but I feel like I'm just playing this until the next interesting game comes around then I'll be done. Probably The Last of Us II Multiplayer.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there is just nothing exciting around the game anymore. I still like the gameplay and I'm having fun with it, but the combinations of circles, classes, weapons, etc. are starting to get into the "yeah, I already lived such a scenario" already. Got dozens of wins and they don't feel that exciting anymore either, and nothing currently announced, teased or leaked is particularly exciting at the moment. In a way, that's fine: I've been playing Rocket League for years and there's been long spells where that didn't have any meaningful update in terms of gameplay and I still got stuck on it. I can play Apex even without them having an insane battle pass or exciting updates. Still, it's a bit disappointing to see that Respawn, so far, is unable to keep the game varied and updated on a regular basis. My biggest gripe, however, is how bugs just don't seem to get fixed at all: still getting the audio bug frequently in the weirdest circumstances. Just last night I was looting boxes close to the end of the circle, and maybe it was the loud circle sound cutting other audio off, but I was opening chests and one of them didn't make a sound. Again, when this happens with a chest it's bearable, the issues arise when it's footsteps, a grapple or gunshots, because I died far too many times due to that glitch already.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
A game could thrive with this few updates, but Apex was pretty barebones to begin with. The small samey map in particular got old fast.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

It's experiencing the same normal drop off every MP game goes through around 2-3 months after launch. People will always just get bored of playing the same thing over and over (usually). Doesn't matter what game it is. That being said, they're not doing much to keep things fresh which might've helped those people to stick around longer.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
welp, finally passed battlepass level 48 for my last free unlock (since im not going to buy it).

Finally tried the hemlock with single fire.. boy .. why didnt i do this from the beginning LOL!

had a scout and hemlock ... i did some people real nasty >_<

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
A game could thrive with this few updates, but Apex was pretty barebones to begin with. The small samey map in particular got old fast.

I'd love to see them do a handful of smaller sized maps like these personally. Overall King's Canyon feels like a hybrid of Boneyard and Lagoon from Titanfall 1. I'd like to see one that's more like Angel City meets Airbase from T1. More urban.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
We know that a new gun is coming soon at least (L-STAR). People have already started getting cosmetics for it despite it not being "available" yet.

My guess is that given the comments re:lack of content, they're probably moving some content up so that the next update is chunkier.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Agreed.

Like, if we use rocket league as an example. It shipped with a career mode, and 4 different multiplayer modes (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4) plus, private games.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Agree with this. Game feels stale and the lack of communication from Respawn about what's coming doesn't make me interested in continued play.

I still enjoy it, but I feel like I'm just playing this until the next interesting game comes around then I'll be done. Probably The Last of Us II Multiplayer.

I'm gonna dust off the PS4 when that comes out. Seems cliche to put BR into it but I honestly think that the games atmosphere is perfect for survival of the fittest. You already have aspects of crafting and trying to manage a life pool. Imagine a lobby of 30 trying to scavenge for molotovs in a city lol.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The only time I ever decide to drop it is if I can't find a Triple Take with a proper choke.

What kind of weird loadout are you running here?
I'm gonna dust off the PS4 when that comes out. Seems cliche to put BR into it but I honestly think that the games atmosphere is perfect for survival of the fittest. You already have aspects of crafting and trying to manage a life pool. Imagine a lobby of 30 trying to scavenge for molotovs in a city lol.

I don't think they'll put BR into it. At least not large scale, but I think it would fit well all the same.

Only thing that would be tricky to get working is the drop. I can't see dropping from a plane fitting TLOU universe.

Reminds me how in The Division the settlements are resource scarce, but they'll pick your loot up in a helicopter every 5 minutes from the dark zones. Ubisoft don't care too much about immersion in that sense (Assassins Creed is full of stupid stuff too) but I think Naughty Dog do.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Patch coming in about 35 minutes.

Notes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegend..._pst/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Key points: big boys get some damage resistance, there's a battle pass buff for 3 days, snipers get a buff, wingman and spitfire get slight nerfs
Before we get to the notes, we know there are some ongoing issues that have been frustrating you folks that didn't make it into this patch. We are actively working on many improvements and we're aware of the reports around audio issues, slow mo servers, hit registration, and more. I'll provide more info when I can but know that we hear you folks and working hard to address this stuff. For 1.1.1 we're introducing some balance adjustments for Legends and weapons, check out designer notes and info below:

To everyone here saying there are no audio bugs, I personally have never experienced it but friends I play with have.

Status
Not open for further replies.