• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
What are the best guns in the game now? Also, what's up with the wingman...just me or does that thing miss a ton of shots now? Or maybe I'm just laggy af whenever I use it.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
Back on: changed my date and I can see the event. However the PSN store is not letting me buy apex coins for the packs

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Hey what's up ERA? First post after a few years of lurking! Former Halo 2/3 player here. I was playing COD casually since Halo days ended, but then came Apex. I love this game. I've been playing since launch but recently decided to 'git gud.' I watched a lot of Twitch, but I realized it was watching console players specifically that helped me the most. I play on xbox, but it's pretty much the ps4 players that stream. I was watching cyqop (PC) play last night - wow.

So my goal is getting the 2k/hammer badge. I got... wait for it... 1993 damage the other day. I've gotten 19XX several times now - very frustrating! I will get it, that's for sure. It's just a matter of when. Hit me up if you want to let me thirst your downs, lol! GT is Jablonzo

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Hey what's up ERA? First post after a few years of lurking! Former Halo 2/3 player here. I was playing COD casually since Halo days ended, but then came Apex. I love this game. I've been playing since launch but recently decided to 'git gud.' I watched a lot of Twitch, but I realized it was watching console players specifically that helped me the most. I play on xbox, but it's pretty much the ps4 players that stream. I was watching cyqop (PC) play last night - wow.

So my goal is getting the 2k/hammer badge. I got... wait for it... 1993 damage the other day. I've gotten 19XX several times now - very frustrating! I will get it, that's for sure. It's just a matter of when. Hit me up if you want to let me thirst your downs, lol! GT is Jablonzo

It's not console but NiceWigg is pro and he plays PC with an xbox controller if you're looking for more streamers. He plays with his controller in view now as well:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's not console but NiceWigg is pro and he plays PC with an xbox controller if you're looking for more streamers. He plays with his controller in view now as well:

That was crazy and very entertaining to watch. Makes me want to jump on right now and play actually....I almost spit my beer out of my mouth a few times at how far he could shred people with the R99.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the Mirage skin is the best

hopefully the free pack a day rumor is true so I actually have a shot at getting it lol

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
i missed the last solo's event, so Shadowfall mode sounds great. Should bring a totally new feel to the game. Looking forward to seeing how the co-op aspect works.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Direct purchase with crafting metals is nice in theory, but they want 2400 for a legendary? No thanks.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like this actually doesn't give you any free packs at all...specifically words the challenges to say "badges, gun skins and music", nor mention anything about free packs at any other point.

So they have direct purchases, crafting, or the loot crates for $7 each again. You do get two legendary gun skins from the challenges, but if you want a few of the skins you're either paying a lot of entering the $7 lottery again. Atleast I've been sitting on mats so I can just make one of the skins I want. This looks like another backlash incoming even if this is "better" than Iron Crown.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still hate there is 3 currencies in this game. Just make it one currency you earn in game and can buy more with real cash to fast track.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Today was fun but mostly exhausting and frustrating. I'm onto grinding that ranked life, and I'm now Gold 3, but I feel stuck in the middle of Gold 3 because I kept loosing and gaining the same amount of points for the longest of time, no progression to be seen. Accumulating questionable teammates (but also good ones as well, but damn the bad ones are sometimes so bad, it doesn't make up for it), lack of luck in positioning/ring, and lack of luck in loot, can take a toll on you real fast. Especially when you play with people who put music/TV on while you're the only survivor of the squad, have to face a wholeass team and need as little background noise as possible to survive (needless to say, I did not). Like, it's ranked, can we get a bit focused here, maybe? I honestly cannot count the amount of times I ended up having to respawn both my teammates who stupidly ran into the first team fights they heard as if we were in normal mode, only for me to have to sneak in, get their banners, and respawn them elsewhere so we'd get a chance to get some RP points back. I don't wanna go back to having to camp in order to not lose my RP all the goddamn time, but damn, the randomness of it all sometimes really makes me want to.

Anyhow, still managed to get some beautiful wins (got three wins in a row on ranked, first time this happens!).
On this one, I just deliver the final blow, but in a very funny fashion. First time this happens too, I quite liked it!

And on this one, we were facing a really great team, they kept poking at us in many many ways, and we kept poking back. They were coordinated and clever, I honestly wouldn't have mind losing to them, they were hella solid and it was a pleasure fighting against them. Before the beginning of this clip, we had been chasing and poking each other through different buildings, until my team moved faster towards the ring, getting the better position that allowed us to have the upper hand, and thus, get the win.

I'm a bit burned out now, I'll cut down on ranked for a day or two, maybe. But damn that elusive Gold 2 is gonna be mine sooner or later!

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Crazy that there isn't any way to earn the event packs for free in this event. That's a major step back from Iron Crown which everyone criticized. Also, who has 2400 crafting materials? New mode sounds fun at least. I like the nod back to Titanfall with the Evac ship.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yes I have watched him a few times, but watching now I just noticed... he doesn't claw! I have no idea how he shreds PC players without clawing.

I'm curious how many controller players use claw vs. don't. It's a must for me.

Watched more of his stream. He's a very good player obviously but he's unstoppable mainly with an R99 and Peacekeeper. Didn't really see him doing much long range damage. Doesn't seem as versatile as other players. But the fact he's doing all this on a controller is inspiring for sure.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Really like what they've done with the assist in ranked. Feels very rewarding.

Ranked play in Gold is a great experience as well, as there is very little camping and I get more relaxed as the match progresses. Like, I didn't win a single time today, yet moved up the ladder quite a bit because I secured a bunch of 2nd places with kills.

Will definitely be sticking with Gibraltar as well. Just way too useful on this map, especially after the new buffs.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Seems like Respawn/EA didn't listen. Only for a small fee of 2400 craft mats you will be able to get one single legendary skin, which probably nobody accumulated over the course of 2 seasons. This shit is getting worse and worse with each new event. In losing my will to support this game especially the new BP is half assed as well.

Heirloom again locked behind a paywall,
Skin prices still way too high,
7 $/€ Event packs.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, seeing how this event is shaping up, I am still absolutely not regretting one bit the fact that I haven't bought the S3 battlepass. The only truly good thing EA ever did in terms of pricing, was that physical edition of the game, heh. Can't believe they keep digging their own grave.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll try to make a general gripe post on reddit tomorrow since this seems like it'll be a topic again.

I still feel like the core game is lacking so much in the sense of actual f2p progression. The complete cutoff of apex packs at level 100 is still such crap, that happened to me in S1 and there's no dripfeed of mats or anything else. To see them let you craft a new skin for DOUBLE THE DAMN PRICE is crazy when I only have over 2400 mats because I haven't used any from the battlepasses. All of that time for...one skin? Really? Meanwhile I'm drowning in the useless legend currency.

Every new hero and gun dilutes everything. There's so many common recolors for Crypto and the Charge Rifle, a bunch of quips, banners, etc. and you are never chipping away or progressing by playing since you can't get packs without paying. It's such a rigid, bad system even if the game is free. It's a shame this event is going this way again, there's so many legitimately great cosmetics that I don't get to appreciate because it's straight up not feasible.

And to top it off I recently got an heirloom for Bloodhound. Which looks great and is neat, but I don't have the Wraith dagger and she's one of my most used characters. The heirlooms being added into the same pool actually will make it way harder to get one for a character you actually care for unless you specifically shell out a TON for a specific one, like this upcoming one for Lifeline. It's not exactly easy to even get one of these anyway.

Apex is an amazingly fun game but god damn is it disappointing when all of the wrapping like this is a mess.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I wished we could buy things from the battlepass directly. Honestly bought it only for the new Wattson air emote and Peacekeeper legendary. Respawn adding quips (which are soo bad compared to Overwtach) in the BP showed that they are not able to put quality content in it. So much useless filler in there.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll try to make a general gripe post on reddit tomorrow since this seems like it'll be a topic again.

I still feel like the core game is lacking so much in the sense of actual f2p progression. The complete cutoff of apex packs at level 100 is still such crap, that happened to me in S1 and there's no dripfeed of mats or anything else. To see them let you craft a new skin for DOUBLE THE DAMN PRICE is crazy when I only have over 2400 mats because I haven't used any from the battlepasses. All of that time for...one skin? Really? Meanwhile I'm drowning in the useless legend currency.

Every new hero and gun dilutes everything. There's so many common recolors for Crypto and the Charge Rifle, a bunch of quips, banners, etc. and you are never chipping away or progressing by playing since you can't get packs without paying. It's such a rigid, bad system even if the game is free. It's a shame this event is going this way again, there's so many legitimately great cosmetics that I don't get to appreciate because it's straight up not feasible.

And to top it off I recently got an heirloom for Bloodhound. Which looks great and is neat, but I don't have the Wraith dagger and she's one of my most used characters. The heirlooms being added into the same pool actually will make it way harder to get one for a character you actually care for unless you specifically shell out a TON for a specific one, like this upcoming one for Lifeline. It's not exactly easy to even get one of these anyway.

Apex is an amazingly fun game but god damn is it disappointing when all of the wrapping like this is a mess.
I said something similar the other day. The core gameplay is great but I hate the f2p aspects of it. You basically need to spend money in the game for any skins worthwhile. Also as someone that recently started playing again but on a different platform than the one I initially started on I hate how they have dailies for characters I haven't even unlocked yet. I'll keep playing cause I love the gameplay but I am interested to see what s11 brings in fortnite w/ the supposed new map rumors. I actually think fortnite has a pretty good f2p system in place. I have like 2400 vbucks and only ever purchased the battle pass once. Apex feels like they nickle and dime you for every aspect of this game but I imagine that is more EA's doing than Respawn.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The MTX of it sounds terrible but I'm happy that the free skins for daily logins and kills are for the Alternator and the R301, two weapons I'm running a lot nowadays. We'll see if the skins are worth the trouble.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Is there any parameter for jump master? I seem to get it 90 percent of the time and then if i don't someone relinquishes it to me. Fucking annoying as hell.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any parameter for jump master? I seem to get it 90 percent of the time and then if i don't someone relinquishes it to me. Fucking annoying as hell.

The third player to pick a character will be jumpmaster, if you're the third pick and idle instead of actually selecting it'll go to someone else (unless nobody selects, then I think it's the third anyway).

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
No Pathfinder skin? Bye.

Even if there was, lol at 2,400 crafting metals. I'll have around 3,000 by the time I max out the S3 BP, so I guess I'll just save them for a single good event skin in the future. Also won't be able to get a single event pack this time without the two free packs, but I'd rather work towards that Alternator skin that I know I'll like than random stuff that I probably won't care about, so I'm cool with that.

Last edited:

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
Shadowfall sounds pretty appealing to me on paper. Haven't been able to try out the solo thing when it was available so I'm really looking forward to it.
I was already thinking about which game I'll be playing to get into Halloween mood and I think this might be it.

As good as some of the event skins look - in Apex I'm definitely there for the gameplay, not so much for the fashion. If I get something I like, that's cool but it's not something I'm trying to chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.