• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
I know this is likely an unpopular opinion, but I universally hate Halloween themed skins in online games ( I just don't like wacky skins in general). I didn't like them in Siege, don't like them here... whenever an evil clown appears it just drags down the established aesthetic. #nofunallowed

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Been grinding through Gold today with a buddy. We get a random Gibraltar as our teammate.

We were landing Fissure, and we ping it. Teammate decides that he doesn't like that idea, and decides to go sniper perch next to Skyhook. A full team of diamond players land there and he dies basically instantly. He then proceeds to spam enemy marked and then ping his banner the whole time. After her fully died he sent me a message saying "ur fucking trash".

We then went on to win the game. :)

I sent him a screenshot of champ screen with a nice "GG". Felt real good.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The endless third partying in casuals is so annoying. Like I get it in ranked, I was Diamond, but it's not the playstyle I want to play in casuals.

Not feeling this season right now. Makes me really sad as Apex has been my favorite game the past 6 months since it launched.

Last edited:

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
The endless third partying in casuals is so annoying. Like I get it in ranked, I was Diamond, but it's not the playstyle I want to play in casuals.

Not feeling this season right now. Makes me really sad as Apex has been my favorite game the past 6 months since it launched.
Honestly I think it'd be fine if the Charge Rifle wasn't a thing. 3rd parties have always been a thing and were way worse on King's Canyon. It's just that people can straight up laser you from 1000m away without issue. It's really dumb. They really need to adjust the damage falloff on it.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
You know what really increases my concentration and makes me a laser-focused war machine ? Teammates pinging the fuck out of the revive beacon when I'm the last one alive on the squad and there are clearly a bunch of enemies around me.

Shut the fuck uuuuuuuuup

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what really increases my concentration and makes me a laser-focused war machine ? Teammates pinging the fuck out of the revive beacon when I'm the last one alive on the squad and there are clearly a bunch of enemies around me.

Shut the fuck uuuuuuuuup

Good thing you can mute their pings on the team screen, but of course that's something that you may not be able to do during a tense battle. I tend to report people like that, abusive idiots.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Good thing you can mute their pings on the team screen, but of course that's something that you may not be able to do during a tense battle. I tend to report people like that, abusive idiots.

I wanted to mute someone last night, who had the worst background noise/faulty mic ever, and they said they couldn't turn it off when I repeatedly asked them to. But when I clicked on option > squad, their banner wasn't appearing on the screen, it looked as if the game thought we were just a team of two people. And without the banner, no option to mute them out, at all. God that was annoying, I hope they fix that bug soon.

We of course ended up dying because I couldn't hear the enemy teams closing on us. Like I knew we would, the second I heard this guy's mic. So annoying.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The way the circle interacts with this map is just not good. Learned this the hard way many times yesterday. The mountains are massive in this map and if you have to go around any of the them in anything but a level 1 circle, then you're pretty much screwed. They need to either revert back to the old circle damage or they need to create more ways to get around these massive mountains. The one that's really bad is the huge mountain in the middle of the map to the left of Capitol City. There's an underground route to get through the middle but if you're caught on either side and forced to go around you're screwed. They need to cut this mountain in half or create a few lanes through it.

They also need to nerf the charge rifle and I think that's all but guaranteed seeing as how so many people are saying the same thing.

They fix these two things and I think it'll make Season 3 much more enjoyable.

Still loving the map. Still loving the addition of Crypto.

Edit: Another idea - extend the timer on the first and second round circles. If you land way outside it'll give you a chance to get loot and get back in without taking damage.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Been grinding through Gold today with a buddy. We get a random Gibraltar as our teammate.

We were landing Fissure, and we ping it. Teammate decides that he doesn't like that idea, and decides to go sniper perch next to Skyhook. A full team of diamond players land there and he dies basically instantly. He then proceeds to spam enemy marked and then ping his banner the whole time. After her fully died he sent me a message saying "ur fucking trash".

We then went on to win the game. :)

I sent him a screenshot of champ screen with a nice "GG". Felt real good.
damn, wow

gg

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't mind the circle collapse and have been caught up in the mountains making it slower to get through. You just need to plan accordingly and leave early if it's a journey to the next ring. It was Android before how you could lot in the zone until basically the third collapse. That's br in general is planning for the collapse and zones. Some of the travel in blackout was absurd with no mountains and vehicles. You just need to leave earlier than expected. It's the risk of it all especially dropping on the outskirts. If they revert back you are just going to have teams hanging around outside the zone area healing up. A couple more passes could work but once you learn it then it just reverts back to planning. Also more pass throughs could elevate third partying more with people getting around quickly. It's already interesting as people have learned this map.

What I don't like is when wave 3 or 4 collapses and you randomly need to guess what side of the mountain to be on. If you guess wrong there is no way around it and you are stuck outside the zone. This also happened on Kings canyon and I'm not sure why it's occurring again here. It's not frequent but it happens.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Some thoughts on S3/New Map

• The Charge Rifle is definitely necessary as a weapon that puts a severe halt to group pushing but it's simply way too strong, and kind of makes other Snipers redundant. Why Max out a longbow when a Charge Rifle with a 3X scope can melt armor in one shot? I don't want it to be nerfed, but definitely retuned.
  • City areas like Skyhook and Capital are definitely tuned around Caustic and Mirage and it finally feels as if Mirage has a zone where he can really shine in his skill set. The ambiguity of his holograms roaming through open streets make for a pretty compelling ambush setup.
  • Double Tap is UNDEFEATED. Fucking love that thing on an Eva. Been running Flatline/EVA for that gun exclusively.
  • I think Cargobots are cool

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly don't mind the circle collapse and have been caught up in the mountains making it slower to get through. You just need to plan accordingly and leave early if it's a journey to the next ring. It was Android before how you could lot in the zone until basically the third collapse. That's br in general is planning for the collapse and zones. Some of the travel in blackout was absurd with no mountains and vehicles. You just need to leave earlier than expected. It's the risk of it all especially dropping on the outskirts. If they revert back you are just going to have teams hanging around outside the zone area healing up. A couple more passes could work but once you learn it then it just reverts back to planning. Also more pass throughs could elevate third partying more with people getting around quickly. It's already interesting as people have learned this map.

What I don't like is when wave 3 or 4 collapses and you randomly need to guess what side of the mountain to be on. If you guess wrong there is no way around it and you are stuck outside the zone. This also happened on Kings canyon and I'm not sure why it's occurring again here. It's not frequent but it happens.

The saving grace in Blackout was that it had vehicles so you could get from point A to point B faster and, for the most part, other than some areas like the dam - you could get around a bad circle in most cases.

Last night my team was on the train tracks in the 5th round circle above an area where the enemy was. We knew the next circle was above where the enemy was and there was no way they could get outside the current circle to make it up to us without dying. So we all sat there, waiting for the inevitable and eventually won the game because they were trapped down there. I don't recall this happening in KC much, if at all.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Some thoughts on S3/New Map

• The Charge Rifle is definitely necessary as a weapon that puts a severe halt to group pushing but it's simply way too strong, and kind of makes other Snipers redundant. Why Max out a longbow when a Charge Rifle with a 3X scope can melt armor in one shot? I don't want it to be nerfed, but definitely retuned.
  • City areas like Skyhook and Capital are definitely tuned around Caustic and Mirage and it finally feels as if Mirage has a zone where he can really shine in his skill set. The ambiguity of his holograms roaming through open streets make for a pretty compelling ambush setup.
  • Double Tap is UNDEFEATED. Fucking love that thing on an Eva. Been running Flatline/EVA for that gun exclusively.
  • I think Cargobots are cool
Personally I think the Charge Rifle should:
1. Consume more ammo (8-12 per shot).
2. Take 2x as long to fully charge (1 second instead of 0.5 seconds).
3. Deal half the tick damage so that the same damage is dealt through the pre-fire despite the longer charge time.

I think with these changes, it'll be more difficult for people to carry that gun to a win. If it takes a ton more ammo it'll be difficult for people to hold onto it as using a single clip will consume 32-48 energy ammo -- an extended mag consuming 56-84 ammo. Currently you can just carry a single stack of ammo and be more than comfortable for the entire game. It has to be the most ammo efficient gun in the game right now.

I think the damage it deals is fine and makes sense. The gun is used on titans in this universe, so it should hurt like hell. That being said, currently the damage is a problem because it can be spammed so easily. Making the full charge take longer means that people have to be more accurate with it as well as allows the person you're shooting at a chance to respond and get to cover. Currently the amount of time between when you realize you're getting shot and when you get blasted is very low. And with a longer charge time, the damage should be spread across that longer charge time so that the overall damage remains the same.

I think with these changes, the gun can still shred at long ranges, but be more balanced within the sniper meta.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
3. Deal half the tick damage so that the same damage is dealt through the pre-fire despite the longer charge time.

I think with these changes, it'll be more difficult for people to carry that gun to a win. If it takes a ton more ammo it'll be difficult for people to hold onto it as using a single clip will consume 32-48 energy ammo -- an extended mag consuming 56-84 ammo. Currently you can just carry a single stack of ammo and be more than comfortable for the entire game. It has to be the most ammo efficient gun in the game right now.

I think the damage it deals is fine and makes sense. The gun is used on titans in this universe, so it should hurt like hell. That being said, currently the damage is a problem because it can be spammed so easily. Making the full charge take longer means that people have to be more accurate with it as well as allows the person you're shooting at a chance to respond and get to cover. Currently the amount of time between when you realize you're getting shot and when you get blasted is very low. And with a longer charge time, the damage should be spread across that longer charge time so that the overall damage remains the same.

I think with these changes, the gun can still shred at long ranges, but be more balanced within the sniper meta.

In Titanfall 2 you could also hear a charge rifle revving up from a good distance away. The current one in Apex seems more subdued. They should ramp the volume on the charge up so you can hear it before you get shredded by it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

I like the sound of all of this

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
How do u deal with getting 3rd partied

Sometimes it really can't be helped, but generally try and take down squads fast and armor swap immediately, so you're ready for more enemies.

Also here's a clip of me finishing someone with the Halloween Crypto skin:

pPrVnOn.png

GjB3yoF.png

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde

Not the most exciting game but these are the matches that keep me coming back. I felt so cool catching that Wraith in mid-air. Smh stop trying to dunk on ppl ppl

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Got a duo game earlier and they other player had a brain. Won the round with 17 combined kills wew. Got 3rd partied twice and laid out slaps with the g7. Never really liked using it before, as the bullet speed and drop off always felt too slow, making it feel like shots never went to the crosshair

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
This is the first season I'm playing ranked. Almost up to gold rank, but damn, there are some angry people out there...

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Why is it that it's always the solo droppers and the guys that run into fights alone without pinging anyone that send you nasty PMs?

I love being sent a PM calling me a 'f**king noob' after a game because I can't get to a death box that is surrounded by a full team of purple armoured players.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like they reverted the R301 changes or something. Have been destroying people with it again.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Final circle ended on that tower in the mountain pass between a village and one of the cities, and a team had Wattson'd themselves in up there with a Gib and charge rifles. Us and another squad were each trying to approach from both sides and we all got slaughtered.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Wait you mean I can finally stop ignoring the R301 again? Cause right now it was third on my list of light ammo guns after the R99 and the alternator. I guess I'll start picking it up again instead of the alternator, then.

In the meantime, no nerf to be seen on the Charge Rifle, heh. Cool cool cool.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, as it is now the charge rifle is actually more effective than the 50 cal which is ridiculous.

I like the idea of increasing the ammo usage for it. Either that or have it so there is a longer reload animation between shots so you have time to get into cover after the first shot.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Mirage is really strong on this map. I never played him on KC but he's super useful in faking out snipers and dealing with fights in the city areas. Got a nice win with him earlier.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Is it me or is there hemlock really strong now? I had gold armor and a decent helmet maybe blue and went down in six shots.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

This all makes a lot of sense. I respect the damage due to the fact that it's an anti-Titan weapon, but the "stealth charge" and ammo efficiency push it over the edge.

It can be especially infuriating to play against in even slightly laggy conditions, because the pre-fire barely registers before you've felt the whole shot, and now suddenly you're pinned down recharging your entire purple shield.

The charge should be a little longer, much louder, and have a much more noticeable effect (like the choke), making it easier to spot someone once they open fire from a distance.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they have a lot of options for tweaking the charge rifle without making it useless. But as is with how it all comes together it's just infuriating to fight against. If you get caught at an offangle you can die with full health and shields with no real chance to reposition due to how quick a followup is coming.

Like this was one small moment that stood out to me in a match today. If you don't react and move ASAP (which is way easier for some characters vs. others) one charge rifle alone can just end you even with full purple...then when you run into an entire squad with it? RIP. To say nothing of how much of a third party monster it is.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Either the Pathfinder hitbox is still wonky or I just lost my groove with the wingman. Shit feels so weird to use now.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Clenching a win to reach Platinum, felt good.

Also vault keys are a hindrance more than anything else, especially when playing with randoms. Like that one Wraith we had on the squad in this game got killed because she rushed the vault on her own like a moron while we were still looting. I get it's really tempting, but most times I feel you shouldn't even go for it.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Is it me or is there hemlock really strong now? I had gold armor and a decent helmet maybe blue and went down in six shots.

You should have seen it in season 2. It's actually had a rof nerf this season (but is still awesome)

It's my favorite gun in the game and has been since the beginning. It's really strong in Season 3. If you use it with the 3X HCOG it's unstoppable.

Yep it's my favourite too. Bruiser or Ranger scope and it does serious damage. People are definitely still sleeping on it, long may it continue 😉

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So, it looks like there are strong rumours that Halloween will have an infected game mode. 34 players.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind that, ive always enjoyed a good game of infected in other games to change things up, but I'm not sure how it will work in a game like this when you have characters like pathfinder and Octane.

We will have to see.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
So, it looks like there are strong rumours that Halloween will have an infected game mode. 34 players.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind that, ive always enjoyed a good game of infected in other games to change things up, but I'm not sure how it will work in a game like this when you have characters like pathfinder and Octane.

We will have to see.
this has already been confirmed - Shadowfall i think it's called? there's details on the news tab when you open Apex. 34 players, every time someone gets killed they come back as a zombie. when the last 10 survivors remain they have to work together to get to an evac point. starts Oct 15. sounds pretty fun to me.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
"Play one game as Crypto". Okay I can do that.

Meleed a Lifeline with armour (she whiffed so hard with a Charge Rifle) and then ran around looting until I found two teams fighting on a rooftop. I use the ultimate and my teammates rope in. I hightail it to the roof, jump on the rope, and fall off the other building. I scramble up as my teammates get boxed and the ring closes in. I shoot the other team but they run. I grab both banners and make a beeline for the ring edge and just barely miss it, dying outside.

Not bad for one game.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We will have to see.

lol, its gone from rumor to pretty much confirmed.

It's gonna be in night timey kings canyon. Solo only.

As a "human" you get your legends entire kit. It plays like a normal solo apex match for a bit. When you die you become a shadow/zombie/infected whatever. You lose your entire kit but get higher speed, jump, and climb plus a VERY powerful melee. At a certain amount of legends dead you stop fighting other legends and they become your allies. YOur goal is to get to an evac ship (Like in Titanfall)

Octane and Path will still be incredibly popular most likely.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Nice Wigg is my new favorite Apex streamer. Overall, he seems like a positive dude. He plays with a controller on PC so I can relate more than watching MKB players. His ranked squad is really fun to watch too.

The more and more I watch games on this map, the more and more I think it absolutely cremates KC. If this is the level of design we're going to see from Respawn in the future than Apex might just be my forever game.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm finding World's Edge to be way more interesting than a return to Kings Canyon right now. They can easily add some bins to POIs as they did on KC if need be, so I'm not really worried about loot density in the long term.

The night mode LTM could be an interesting diversion, though.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm finding World's Edge to be way more interesting than a return to Kings Canyon right now. They can easily add some bins to POIs as they did on KC if need be, so I'm not really worried about loot density in the long term.

The night mode LTM could be an interesting diversion, though.

The only problem i find is that when the circle ends up being in one of those many caves, a lot of characters ultimate abilities become completely useless. Happened to me yesterday. Couldn't use the artillery strike cause the circle ended up being deep within a tunnel right beside a loot room. Ultimate ability useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.