• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
lol, its gone from rumor to pretty much confirmed.

tenor.gif

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely loved zombie/infected modes in games like Timesplitters and CS: Source, so I can't wait to see how the mode plays out

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Wondered the same thing. Also wondering how he got so good without using a scope on the R99. The only one I've seen him use is the gold threat detector scope.
That's really all you need on a 99. Unless I can't find one, I'm always running 99 and a longer rifle and on the lookout for that gold threat detector which is invaluable in fights against Bangalores and Caustics. I play on PS4.

All the bitching about the Charge Rifle is suspect IMO. Someone goes on and on about how OP it is and posts a video of a guy standing still at range to eat three shots? Well, duh, of course your ass is grass if you don't effing move it.

It's the equivalent of a Quake railgun, but with extra charge up time.You can avoid the shot.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
It might be more fun to hit drop into Skull Town for maximum infected time, but the game mode seems to encourage hiding and camping so it may become very slow.

Mozar

Oct 4, 2019
I used to play counter strike on a server with zombie mode and I liked this mode very much, I will definitely try it, it is a pity that it will be available for a limited time and not permanently

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's really all you need on a 99. Unless I can't find one, I'm always running 99 and a longer rifle and on the lookout for that gold threat detector which is invaluable in fights against Bangalores and Caustics. I play on PS4.

All the bitching about the Charge Rifle is suspect IMO. Someone goes on and on about how OP it is and posts a video of a guy standing still at range to eat three shots? Well, duh, of course your ass is grass if you don't effing move it.

It's the equivalent of a Quake railgun, but with extra charge up time.You can avoid the shot.

That guy did move. He was on the side of a rock, backed away and tried to get around behind it, but the prebeam slows your movement down and he was a lifeline so he wasn't able to do anything else. He had pretty much no escape from that angle. His only chance was probably fall forward, which he had to decide to do in a split second right after the initial shot or else he dies, with full purple and full health.

It's a pain to save videos on xbox and it only caps 30 seconds or else I would have more, but it's also easy to see when all the pred players on PC are using all of their mobility and getting melted, especially when you're being third partied in the back while in an active fight from 300+ meters out.

Anyelocp

Mar 28, 2019
Ok guys i need help!. When Im playing with my friends and im the host, it doesn't let them start the match with me, either they can't press the triangle for the "ready" option, or when they can, im the only one that get into the match and they stay on the lobby. Somebody told that it was a nat problem, I did the Dmz host thing (i know its dangerous, but its only my ps4, so not problem), and put my PS4 IP, but still the same happen. I don't know how to solve this since it look like im the only one having this issue, so i guess that it might be something related to my network.

Any advise ?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Amazed I got out of this situation. This game can be infuriating most days, but some days...are fun. Respawned my team and went on to win the game. Good times.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
2 incredible wins in a row today with the same random. That never happens. Pure synergy in terms of knowing when to push together and revive, etc....

Nice Wigg has me inspired right now. R99 is my go to.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Great great gun. Like how most modern shooters are, the gun with the fastest rate of fire is usually king. In Apex that's devotion when sped up/turbocharge and the R99. Raw DPS wise I think only the mastiff, and kraber are up there. After this group the closest is the 301 which is probably why it's still solid despite nerfs, it shoots fast.

Just gonna share other apex streamers I like/follow. All of these are PC dudes though so keep that in mind:
https://www.twitch.tv/tsm_viss (probably my favorite apex streamer)

https://www.twitch.tv/tannerslays

https://www.twitch.tv/zimds (not super popular but he's an old Titanfall guy I used to follow. He's really good though)

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Great great gun. Like how most modern shooters are, the gun with the fastest rate of fire is usually king. In Apex that's devotion when sped up/turbocharge and the R99. Raw DPS wise I think only the mastiff, and kraber are up there. After this group the closest is the 301 which is probably why it's still solid despite nerfs, it shoots fast.

Just gonna share other apex streamers I like/follow. All of these are PC dudes though so keep that in mind:
https://www.twitch.tv/tsm_viss (probably my favorite apex streamer)

https://www.twitch.tv/tannerslays

https://www.twitch.tv/zimds (not super popular but he's an old Titanfall guy I used to follow. He's really good though)

Yep. Viss is great. Have not heard of the others but I'll check em out.

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Pure skills on twitch: cujothagod, v-pooch-v, soarkobi, daltoosh

I definitely improved by watching them.

As far as the charge rifle goes, it seems really rare to me. I go 5+ games without seeing it available to pick up.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
It's like I completely forgot how to use the Longbow all of a sudden. I couldn't miss with it during Armed and Dangerous last season but I've just been whiffing left and right these last couple days, embarrassing shit.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Pure skills on twitch: cujothagod, v-pooch-v, soarkobi, daltoosh

I definitely improved by watching them.

As far as the charge rifle goes, it seems really rare to me. I go 5+ games without seeing it available to pick up.
I got played 2 matches with SoarKobi last season.
He got 20 kills in both of them while I desperately tried to keep up.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
lol, its gone from rumor to pretty much confirmed.

It's gonna be in night timey kings canyon. Solo only.

As a "human" you get your legends entire kit. It plays like a normal solo apex match for a bit. When you die you become a shadow/zombie/infected whatever. You lose your entire kit but get higher speed, jump, and climb plus a VERY powerful melee. At a certain amount of legends dead you stop fighting other legends and they become your allies. YOur goal is to get to an evac ship (Like in Titanfall)

Octane and Path will still be incredibly popular most likely.
That sounds pretty fun! Would prefer if I could group up with friends, but might be nice for a warmup or change of pace.

Nice Wigg is my new favorite Apex streamer. Overall, he seems like a positive dude. He plays with a controller on PC so I can relate more than watching MKB players. His ranked squad is really fun to watch too.

Same. It's pretty inspiring seeing play like that on a pad. He seems very non-toxic, and I enjoy seeing him "teach manners" to ungrateful, ping-spamming randos.

The more and more I watch games on this map, the more and more I think it absolutely cremates KC. If this is the level of design we're going to see from Respawn in the future than Apex might just be my forever game.
Yup. Imagine if they could take some more of the creativity from the Titanfall 2 campaign and apply it to Apex multiplayer.
We could get more parkour-able maps, or interesting dynamics like the prefab house level... The potential is pretty huge.

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Even the people that use the charge rifle think it's OP. I don't think I've seen a single person use the longbow since it's edition.
I was using longbow a a bit yesterday, its good vs people with charge rifle because you can peek and get your shots off while avoiding the majority of the charge damage.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Longbow is still strong, though I seem to rarely see it on the map.

It actually puts it in perspective how nutty it has been before they took the RoF down again.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Had a 13 kill game with 1920 damage this morning. One guy disconnected before the drop and the other guy ran away while I was engaged in a sniper battle with a squad on top of a building, totally ignoring my pings.

The only reason I died is because he got downed before spam pinging his banner, so I made my way to him to find a team were all camping using his banner as bait. I had no chance.

So infuriating.

The other guy had the audacity to spam invite me to the next game too.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Playing this season more and more just makes me dislike this new long distance meta. I still find the map unfun. It is game over if you have one competent player with a charge rifle. Now just imagine a team of 3 people doing it. It's the lamest thing ever and makes me wonder why it's even a thing.

At least the wingman felt like it took effort to lead shots. You literally just hold trigger over a guy and he slows down for the big beam. And if you miss the first charge up you can readjust for the big damage.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing this season more and more just makes me dislike this new long distance meta. I still find the map unfun. It is game over if you have one competent player with a charge rifle. Now just imagine a team of 3 people doing it. It's the lamest thing ever and makes me wonder why it's even a thing.

At least the wingman felt like it took effort to lead shots. You literally just hold trigger over a guy and he slows down for the big beam. And if you miss the first charge up you can readjust for the big damage.

Yeah, the enormous distances coupled with the charge rifle make it practically impossible to outplay your opponents if they know your location and have the vantage point. The matches that don't end with a team camping on the highest point with 2-3 charge rifles are actually fun. But once they have the ideal build-up, they become unbeatable. And the same goes for me: when we have the right setup there is no way for anyone to stop us.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Got back to back 2k damage rounds as crypto last night, and finally won with him. The drone is definitely better with a team you know, mainly using it to hit groups with an emp while calling out their posotions. For example hit one team right in the edge of the ring as they came in outside the south east vault tunnel, knew they were coming so hit them with it, told my team where they were and we just jumped them and took all their awesome gear.

G7 plus an auto weapon is rapidly becoming my go to this season. G7 is excellent at mid and long range and ok in a pinch close range.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the enormous distances coupled with the charge rifle make it practically impossible to outplay your opponents if they know your location and have the vantage point. The matches that don't end with a team camping on the highest point with 2-3 charge rifles are actually fun. But once they have the ideal build-up, they become unbeatable. And the same goes for me: when we have the right setup there is no way for anyone to stop us.

I do the same too. It's just such a cheap weapon to use and the only way to combat it is with another charge rifle. No bullet drop, hit scan, and you have a lot of shots on it with so little energy ammo in your backpack. There is literally no reason to pick up any other long distance gun that actually would take more skill. I don't blame people for abusing it either, just makes me wonder WTF Respawn was thinking with this. Surely they had to have thought it'd be an OP gun on this new sniper friendly map. Feels like it should replace the L Star as a drop weapon. It'd be a lot more rare than the current state of multiple times hitting you at the refinery from 7 different angles with different sized beams. It's a fucking laser light show.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do the same too. It's just such a cheap weapon to use and the only way to combat it is with another charge rifle. No bullet drop, hit scan, and you have a lot of shots on it with so little energy ammo in your backpack. There is literally no reason to pick up any other long distance gun that actually would take more skill. I don't blame people for abusing it either, just makes me wonder WTF Respawn was thinking with this. Surely they had to have thought it'd be an OP gun on this new sniper friendly map. Feels like it should replace the L Star as a drop weapon. It'd be a lot more rare than the current state of multiple times hitting you at the refinery from 7 different angles with different sized beams. It's a fucking laser light show.

At this point the only reason not to have that weapon as one of your two weapons is not finding one. I like to have something that melts in just about any situation (like the R-301), then if I find it the beacon with its OP pre-fire and hitscan. I sure hope this isn't the first of the game's "Fortnite moments" where they want to give people who don't understand how to a win a cheap weapon that allows them to win easier. Because it won't do that, it just makes so that those already good at positioning and aiming will murder their asses even quicker.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's on their trello already for balance adjustments so they know it needs nerfed. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

In the meantime charge rifle + gold scope is a good way to feel like you're actually cheating.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Charge rifle balance is already up on the list of upcoming changes on Apex's Trello board. They will nerf this gun. No way they won't.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I find some G7 spam can work nicely against Charge Rifle users. I expect it's a worse problem on PC than on console as well.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wow, the flatline with the anvil hop is amazing.

It's just a shame that it seems so damn rare. I probably find 10 turbochargers to 1 Anvil despite them being the same rarity.

Cammington

Oct 27, 2017
It's on their trello already for balance adjustments so they know it needs nerfed. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

In the meantime charge rifle + gold scope is a good way to feel like you're actually cheating.

God I had this combo and a positioning advantage near the Geyser on ring 4 or 5 and I almost felt embarrassed how easy it was to keep two squads pinned and killed.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
They just wanted a new weapon to matter after 2 duds (Havoc and L-Star).

And they overdid it.

Oct 25, 2017
  • Deal 750 damage as Octane
  • Deal 500 damage
I don't think they were thinking very much when they came up with these numbers for the challenges. I also had a 10 headshots with LMG daily challenge which was really dumb, too much RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.