• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Man Apex is on fire right now. My squad got 7 wins today after not having time to post due to work. Felt damn good.

The event is fun! It's not supposed to be sweaty. I prefer the new map over KC but it's cool to see it at night.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Started Youtube today and there was a Gamespot stream of the new mode, watched a bit and decided to play later. My parent's TV isn't good for gaming (even at 1080p it sucks, unplayable) so I decided to play it on my PSVR (lol). Ofc I lost some image quality and it was near impossible to see/kill people from distance but it was still great, I even think the very low latency from the PSVR screen helped me in a few fights. Played one match of the new mode, was killed and then killed one of the last legends. Seems like a boring mode, honestly. Then played a ranked match and, to the surprise of absolutely noone, they still have a shity matchmaking system that matched me with... NOONE! I almost gave up before jumping from the ship but decided to give it a try... ended up finishing in the 3rd place with 3 kills (whole team!) and at least 3 other knockdowns (some probably from that same team but a at least one from a different character).

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
If I am final ten legend but don't make it onto evac, but at least one person does... does that count as a Legendary win for me?

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dropped a 10 bomb with damn near 2K damage. I found my groove with the wingman AGAIN and I'm so happy I did. Feeling so confident again. Haven't felt this way since I broke diamond last season.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Hmmm. So the new mode kinda sucks.

Everyone just quits making it impossible to win as the infected. How did you not think of this respawn? Smh.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what you guys are doing or where you are playing but shadows always win.

Getting a Legend win is bullshit because you have to get on the ship for it to count for you.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wattson in the new mode is one of the best to stop the infected. Just find the right building with low entry points and get your wingman ready for melting.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wattson racks up kills but she can struggle actually moving out to the ship. She's really fun though.

Legend wins are easy with path and wraith. The shadows can't stop their kits at all, wraith portal + phase gets her there and anyone who portals since you instantly get into the ship. Path speaks for himself pretty much.

They've been all over every lobby I've been in, so when top 10 is like 8 characters like that someone's getting through. Maybe it'd be different if I actually saw 25 shadows vs.10 legends but it's never that.

SuperFinal

Cinematics Designer at Playground Games
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
They've been all over every lobby I've been in, so when top 10 is like 8 characters like that someone's getting through. Maybe it'd be different if I actually saw 25 shadows vs.10 legends but it's never that.
Quite interesting seeing the different experiences everyone is having. I played for a few hours of this last night on Xbone and the infected teams were always outnumbering the remaining legends by a really wide margin. In fact, I only saw Legends win three times in total and that was always with just one escaping. I imagine this changing a bit as the week goes on, as everyone starts to learn the pick-up points and begin hunkering down until the end.

Think I'm going to have to switch mains for this though, cause my trio of Caustic / Lifeline / Bloodhound aint much cop during the end-game.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
I was just in a match where players tried to make a pact by crouching pre-10 legends left

At first I did this, but then I had to do it and backstabbed one of them

...it was worth it

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
after 4 hours of playing this mode, not once did i manage to escape. and most games have had the legends win, too. i am not very good at it.

and yeah of course this mode is just full of pathfinders and wraiths. mirage can also sneak some wins in with how chaotic the end can be.

i just need to discipline myself about shooting instead of trying to outrun shadows since they die almost instantly anyway.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like it's damn near impossible to win as a Legend, this is a bit tiresome...
i'd recommend running as Wraith and staying quiet near the edge of the circle for most of the game, until you know where the evac ship is landing. try to avoid conflict if you can as every kill shows up on everyone's screen. then just stay nearby holed up in a house somewhere until the ship has landed and then make a b-line for the point. when you're closeish use your ability to avoid getting hit by any of the shadows and land on the spot - even if you get knocked the moment you pop back into the real world you should automatically teleport onto the ship. that's how i got my first legend win anyway, planning on trying it out a few more times today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
i'd recommend running as Wraith and staying quiet near the edge of the circle for most of the game, until you know where the evac ship is landing. try to avoid conflict if you can as every kill shows up on everyone's screen. then just stay nearby holed up in a house somewhere until the ship has landed and then make a b-line for the point. when you're closeish use your ability to avoid getting hit by any of the shadows and land on the spot - even if you get knocked the moment you pop back into the real world you should automatically teleport onto the ship. that's how i got my first legend win anyway, planning on trying it out a few more times today.

Well thanks for the tip because I tried Wraith just after reading your post, and got my first win immediately. I think I drove some shadows crazy with my back and forth with the portal at the end, huhuhu!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Do you need to press a button to get on the ship or is it an automatic teleport to it? I'm gonna try to go for a Legend win today.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Well thanks for the tip because I tried Wraith just after reading your post, and got my first win immediately. I think I drove some shadows crazy with my back and forth with the portal at the end, huhuhu!

You had absolutely no right to survive that hahaha. Downed in the circle just as the ship arrived as well!

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like the game I'll be forever disappointed by how it's monetized. Also what's the consensus on the event overall?

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
I'm enjoying the event, but I have also been frustrated at my incompetence lol. Like in the normal modes, I'm usually okay with teams, but I rarely clutch it out when I'm by myself. Had a number of blown opportunities escaping as a legend, and I'm bewildered every time I see the remaining legends coordinate escapes with their fences, ziplines, and portals.

Definitely gonna try the hide up until the last minute strat as Wraith next time I play.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Well I just had a massively shit round of Shadowfall because apparently people can just leave as zombies with no penalty, so you end up with 10 non-zombie players against something like 10 zombies, which isn't hard to deal with at all. Really hope they implement some kind of stacking time out on players that leave before the round is up.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
It's a fun mode, I really like the general aesthetics of a creepy kings canyon. Some of the skins are great too, the Gib skin in particular is fantastic despite what Bauer91 says 😜

Wish I felt the same, I was legit upset when I got it out of the lootbox and that was a clear sign that I should stop opening them. :/ Equipped it for a second in the menu, couldn't stand it and immediately went back to the actually glorious Iron Crown one.

Winning as either a Legend or shadow in Shadowfall does not count as a win, while the matches played number does go up, RIP mine and everyone else's win ratio. Shadowfall was fun for a couple matches but it's already annoying, playing as a Shadow is not fun so it's very understandable why most started quitting two hours into the event. I'm actually going to pass on the last tier of a badge for the first time ever, where you need 25 Legend escapes and the ones you got before reaching second tier don't count, as I can't be bothered completely ruining my stats for a badge I wouldn't equip anyway.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I just had a massively shit round of Shadowfall because apparently people can just leave as zombies with no penalty, so you end up with 10 non-zombie players against something like 10 zombies, which isn't hard to deal with at all. Really hope they implement some kind of stacking time out on players that leave before the round is up.

Respawn doesn't want to commit to punishing leavers and toxic people in general, so it is what it is. Half of my games are a shitshow in randoms in any mode because Respawn clearly does not care about the quality of players, only the quantity, and they're afraid to lose a player that gets rightfully punished for leaving as soon as downed or something. Annoying.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Went back to regular mode, had 30 minutes before my "Get top 3 with Caustic" daily expired, so I did 'em dirty. Inspired by Delphine.

Timing is everything! Nice win with the ultimate :D

You had absolutely no right to survive that hahaha. Downed in the circle just as the ship arrived as well!

I would have liked to see the faces of the so many shadows that kept trying to kill me, and the one who downed me, and almost killed me only for me to get into the ship last second. It was all carefully planned, I swear! galaxybrain.jpg

Winning as either a Legend or shadow in Shadowfall does not count as a win, while the matches played number does go up, RIP mine and everyone else's win ratio. Shadowfall was fun for a couple matches but it's already annoying, playing as a Shadow is not fun so it's very understandable why most started quitting two hours into the event. I'm actually going to pass on the last tier of a badge for the first time ever, where you need 25 Legend escapes and the ones you got before reaching second tier don't count, as I can't be bothered completely ruining my stats for a badge I wouldn't equip anyway.

Yeah, I don't get why:
- Wins in Shadowfall doesn't count as proper wins
- Wins in Shadowfall that happen before the last tier badge challenge, do not count for that badge challenge either.
This doesn't feel right at all. I won't bother trying to win before I reach that challenge, then, what's the point.

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So I guess nothing in Shadowfall counts towards dailies?

Had one to play a game with Pathfinder and it didn't count.

Oh well, cheesed a Legend win by hanging at the circle edge and then zipping in last second, so I got that Devotion skin.

Probably go back to Ranked now, I don't really care about the rest of the event rewards besides the 20-daily Alternator, which I will definitely be getting.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
How does the whole 20 kill badge from Shadowfall work anyway?

I still can't win as a zombie and have like 8-9 legend wins :/

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
that sucks, and whats the % of getting a character skin from one of those?
You have a 50/50 chance to get either 1 event Legendary or one Event Epic. I don't have the game in front, so I can't say what that breaks down to for character skins vs weapon skins. I just know that I bought two packs and got two legendary weapon skins.

There are 12 epic and 12 legendary items total.

Edit: There are 7 legendary character skins, so 7/24 of getting one of those, or 9/24 if you count the two epic skins.

Last edited:

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
This is how i got my first win except replace Wraith with Octane. Just ratted out until ship was coming down and sprinted in

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
Scrap the hiding strategy. Grab an LMG and stay on the go and out in the open until evac. Shadows are nothing if they have nothing to hide behind.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
First game in the new game mode.

Not a great experience. A shadow insta killed me from behind without making a sound....nothing.

Then I was a shadow and everytime I tried to get the drop on a guy he insta span round and blasted me.

Yeah....ok.

Edit: played a few more games. I hate it. Lost every game to being rushed and pathfinders always win by zipping to the evac.

Back to regular mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Not a great experience. A shadow insta killed me from behind without making a sound....nothing.

Then I was a shadow and everytime I tried to get the drop on a guy he insta span round and blasted me.

Yeah....ok.

One game, as a shadow, I tried four or five times to kill a Lifeline and she would get me every goddamn time. Her kill quip would get to me every single time: "Take this as motivation!" OH BUT I AM, I'M COMING BACK FOR YOU (AGAIN)! But in the end I didn't even get to kill her, although I suspect me dying so many times to her finally attracted the other shadows around that overwhelmed her and killed her. MY DEATHS WEREN'T IN VAIN, AH, WHO'S A LOSER NOW, HUH?

PHT72JH.gif

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow got two legend wins in a row in Shadowfall yesterday as Octane, both times with the dropship landing in Airbase. I sort of just snuck around the side and used a jump pad to get directly on the ship and avoid any shadows, lol.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017

Yeah....ok.

Edit: played a few more games. I hate it. Lost every game to being rushed and pathfinders always win by zipping to the evac.

Back to regular mode.

Yeah... I also don't get how people kill as shadows. I'm always instantly down or maybe I can punch the legends 1 time until they turn around and kill me.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Only played one match in the new game mode. Became a shadow pretty quickly and found myself constantly killed.

The quitters really spoil the mode. And no pinging is a strange decision, especially for dropping and when you "team up" at the end.

Shadows won, but it wasnt fun. Hopefully it gets better, because it has potential.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the real killing blow are the red skull marks as a shadow dies. That attracts more shadows to that spot, and if you get even one hit on a legend it's really hard for them to heal while others start pouncing them.

But that does mean playing the shadow itself is pretty lame since you can't do much yourself and the redeploy time is pretty brutal.

If people want Legend wins, you just want to be off the grid as much as possible. There aren't that many dropship spawns, so you'll eventually just see where the circle ends by the initial drop and can land nearby there. Even if your loot is pretty crap, playing soley for a win means fighting legends is a net negative for everyone as it makes noise and attracts people, and you create a shadow that has a personal vendetta against you. If one shadow keeps rushing you, the skull it makes WILL make others get to you and that's eventually going to get you killed. Just avoid everyone, sit somewhere relatively close to the ship but not right on it, as a ton of shadows crowd that specific spot so just go a bit late as it actually swoops down. Wraith is nearly an autowin as her ult movespeed + phase makes you impossible to stop and you get in instantly once the phase is over. It's not nearly as fun playing like this but it's consistent.

Shadows have a huge quitting problem for sure. Being an early shadow really sucks too since the redeploy seems to be either random or specifically not in the circle so you spawn incredibly far away from everything until the circle moves in.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Only played one match in the new game mode. Became a shadow pretty quickly and found myself constantly killed.

The quitters really spoil the mode. And no pinging is a strange decision, especially for dropping and when you "team up" at the end.

Shadows won, but it wasnt fun. Hopefully it gets better, because it has potential.

Second match, I survived, and we won. Again though, not feeling it. I had high hopes but it's just not working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.