• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Had a ton of fun playing with a friend and randos on pc tonight. I can't aim for shit after playing for so long on console though lol. Had an insane game which was stupid not for the normal "I killed so many people" reasons but more the JUST KEEP RUNNING FROM THESE SQUADS WITH MY TEAMS BANNERS as I lead squads chasing me into other squads lmao

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Titanfall 2 movement is sublime. Respawn really develops smooth feeling shooters. If all the FPS games I played felt like Apex/TF I'd be in heaven.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
So I'm playing with some guy I added a few weeks back, right before starting he tells me he's lagging. I tell myself it can't be that bad if he's risking rank play.
After an hour and instances where he got kicked and got downed because he couldn't move, I was gonna ask him why the fuck he'd play ranked with a connection in that state.
Before I can he casually drops that he's using some glitch that makes it impossible for him to lose points in every game. Smfh
This guy is diamond and will reach predator with the glitch without any issues. Ugh

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017

What's going on with that UI?

cPTCAAJ.gif

Source photo

Man, something like team deathmatch or any other higher paced game mode with respawning would get me to reinstall the game immediately. I absolutely love how Apex plays, even more so now that I've played a couple of dozen hours of Modern Warfare, but after 250+ hours I've finally gotten bored of the battle royale-ness of it. I desire CONSTANT ACTION.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Man, something like team deathmatch or any other higher paced game mode with respawning would get me to reinstall the game immediately. I absolutely love how Apex plays, even more so now that I've played a couple of dozen hours of Modern Warfare, but after 250+ hours I've finally gotten bored of the battle royale-ness of it. I desire CONSTANT ACTION.
368083-titanfall-2-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I've been toying with the idea of reinstalling this (PS4) for a while.
It really was so very fun, Titan stuff included.

Don't know what's stopping me. I think Apex is just too hot rn.

I don't miss Titanfall 2 MP at all (the campaign was amazing though) but I do miss Titanfall 1. That was the most insane game I've ever played. Apex has it's grips in me big time lately so I'm cool chillin' until the next Titanfall comes out. Even then, I don't know if it'll pull me off Apex for too long.

Last edited:

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Titanfall without Titans isn't Titanfall IMO. It's the signature feature of the game.

I would welcome them to Apex as a limited time mode. Kuben Blisk can dropship in to set the rules in a cinematic update and explain he needs new Predators for an upcoming mission. I'll take moar Kuben Blisk any day too.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The next update is gonna be wall running and titans.
I'd love for them to just merge all of it together for a big project next gen. A campaign. BR. Then another PvP playlist that is basically a TF3. The only thing I never really liked in TF are the bots in the matches. Wish it was possible to just design it to have all live players at all times.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Titanfall without Titans isn't Titanfall IMO. It's the signature feature of the game.

I would welcome them to Apex as a limited time mode. Kuben Blisk can dropship in to set the rules in a cinematic update and explain he needs new Predators for an upcoming mission. I'll take moar Kuben Blisk any day too.

I'm surprised Respawn hasn't figured out a way to make one of the legend's ultimates a timed Titan drop. Maybe you get one for 30 seconds or something...

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Sorry to be that person, but I absolutely do not care one way or another for titans/mechas to be added to this game. Like, at all.
This wouldn't be the game I signed up for anymore if they did, tbh.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i'd love to see them add a Pilot legend replete with double jump and wall running abilities (although they'd probably have to make some tweaks to the map to accommodate the wall running in particular), but i don't know how they'd ever balance adding actual Titans

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I don't miss Titanfall 2 MP at all (the campaign was amazing though) but I do miss Titanfall 1. That was the most insane game I've ever played. Apex has it's grips in me big time lately so I'm cool chillin' until the next Titanfall comes out. Even then, I don't know if it'll pull me off Apex for too long.
I feel the same way about the Titanfall MPs. I feel like losing the Titan customization kinda killed the MP for me.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry to be that person, but I absolutely do not care one way or another for titans/mechas to be added to this game. Like, at all.
I think they will do it as a LTM to start to try it out. It's the same kind of addition that solos, duos, shotguns/snipers and the Halloween event are for them... a way to test new things to get data for future alterations.

One thing that's very evident in all the Respawn games so far is that these people really know how to make videogames of this type. They are pushing boundaries in all sorts of subtle and not-so-subtle ways. Think about simple things like how doors work in Apex. Get behind it and it can't be opened without kicking it in/blasting it open. This makes the simple door a tactical consideration! Who thinks of that stuff?!

With that in mind, I'm sure they are conjuring some really interesting things they can do with Titans and possibly with pilot abilities from Titanfall.

I have always thought that one reason Titanfall only marginally caught on was because they provided too much change too fast. Many people could not wrap their heads around the supreme freedom of movement combined with a vastly diverse and unique set of weapons and abilities all at once. What Apex did was actually remove things from that formula to allow them to teach you how to play Titanfall-type games in a fast paced, short term battle royale setting. Now they can add things like wall running or Titans to the mix and those that didn't get it the first time around will be like, "Holy f--k! Where has this sort of mobility and RAW POWER been all my life?!"

I might be wrong that their goal is to work back to that, but I think the way they've handled the game so far points to that being the ultimate goal over time. Think also about how much Fortnite has changed its mobility options over time... it's gonna happen.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This just makes me want a mech related BR. Just keep it like TF2 how everybody has a titan buster at all times. Expand Skyhook for with more verticality for wall running and grappling.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

I hear that. I don't miss the Titan gameplay, in general, since I started playing Apex but if there was a TDM mode I think it'd be super fun as a side mode. Apex has proven that the gunplay and movement in their games is so top notch that Titans aren't needed to sell it through...I don't know what I was thinking by suggesting they add Titans as an ultimate....That would never fly from a balance perspective.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
I hear that. I don't miss the Titan gameplay, in general, since I started playing Apex but if there was a TDM mode I think it'd be super fun as a side mode. Apex has proven that the gunplay and movement in their games is so top notch that Titans aren't needed to sell it through...I don't know what I was thinking by suggesting they add Titans as an ultimate....That would never fly from a balance perspective.
Depends how hardy the Titan is and what weapons are available to take it down, doesn't it? What if the Titan was more or less capable depending if you had all three legends in it or just one? One player drives and has a forward facing basic weapon... having a full team provides independent controls for one set of weapons and one controls another set? Open weak points on the Titan you can damage considerably with common weapons? Batteries you can pull out of them to strip their shields, etc.

The chaos of adding a Titan in a LTM would be a goddamn hoot IMO. You know it would draw fire like it's no one's business and given this game has great sound effects I know for damn sure it would sound like the chariot of death rolling up on you and that's good times.

Not trying to scare people who hate Titans or whatevs. Just saying that this the most creative team in all of first person shooterdom IMO. They can figure this out and make it really exciting.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
yall remember how the tf mode of titan vs titan was? it would probably be like that. sounds good on paper but highly doubtful it would work in the sandbox/balance of apex and how they build the maps.

Oct 25, 2017
No game since Titanfall 2 has matched the thrill of jumping onto an enemy Titan an yanking out their battery. I didn't like playing in a Titan but I loved fighting them.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
No game since Titanfall 2 has matched the thrill of jumping onto an enemy Titan an yanking out their battery. I didn't like playing in a Titan but I loved fighting them.

Honestly, Titanfall 1 had the best titan rodeo gameplay because you ripped off their metal covering on their head and you could literally fire your weapon directly into it. It was crazy fun and one of the biggest things T1 players complained about in T2 was the whole battery mechanic.

Oct 25, 2017
it seriously feels so good to rodeo. Wish the community was active because I'd be on that all the time.
Yeah same. I never did well because I wouldn't utilize my Titan because I was busy jumping on other ones.
Honestly, Titanfall 1 had the best titan rodeo gameplay because you ripped off their metal covering on their head and you could literally fire your weapon directly into it. It was crazy fun and one of the biggest things T1 players complained about in T2 was the whole battery mechanic.
Oh definitely, Titanfall 1 did it better. Everyone had to learn not to use your anti-Titan weapon in these scenarios because they'd blow themselves the fuck up. Good times.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, that was some good shit. I honestly don't care either way, though. Everything you do as a pilot in Titanfall and its sequel makes you feel like a goddamn hero.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they ever make a Titanfall 3 or Apex Legends 2 I'd I want that art style they've been doing in their trailers.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone find they have like, good weeks and bad weeks instead of good days and bad days? I've had a small handful of wins this week but just seem to be frustrated most of the time. Had a lot of painfully slow looting teammates who scour places I or another team already hit and eventually just get fed up and go fight, or teammates who don't really help out and just hide in fights. Also had several 1000 damage rounds where I didn't even pick up a kill, felt like I was just annoying people the whole game rather than doing anything.

Luckily this means a hot streak is coming, hopefully.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got 25 escapes and 50 legend kills done in Shadowfall today. No need to touch that mode again.

Also got level 96 today which probably means my last free Apex Pack ever.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
If anyone wants to try to get out of Platinum on ps4 let me know. I'm not good enough to get out of plat with random squads, but could do so with at least one other solid person.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Had mostly ignored Shadowfall for the past week or so, but I'm trying to get the 25 escape challenge done now and have had some fun matches. Thought I heard a shadow coming, so I hid in a building for a second and then heard (before ten people were left) somebody healing with another person right beside them; I assumed just from that that they were peaceful, so I walked out of the building, they looked at me, then just went on their way while I joined them. That split second of tension where neither party knows if the other is down for a truce is fun when it works out because it rarely does.

Oct 25, 2017
My tactic for Shadowfall was to always drop at the furthest possible area from the first circle and then start running as the circle gets smaller. The first circle takes over 3 minutes to close which will always be enough time even if you run from the furthest location. The game seems to make shadows drop near the first circle so you will very rarely see any shadows while running. You will occasionally see legends doing this, but you need to kill some for the 50 kill challenge anyway and that one gives a sweet Octane skin.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Can't catch a break this morning.

First game I get jumped by a pathfinder and get 3 good close range direct shots on him for........14 damage each.

Next game I get lag killed by a life line that looks at me from a cliff edge and then suddenly teleports right next to me.

3rd game I drop in dome, the 3 of us were all looking around as we dropped and we all agreed that we were there alone as no one dropped near us. I run into the closest building and 3 guys are already in there all 3 are predator level (I'm platinum 1) and all 3 are already kitted out with guns and body shields?

4th game I run out of controller batteries as I'm dropping and I'm dead before I can swap them out.

It's not to be today. Will try again this evening.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
They need to make an app where you can log in and check to see what challenges you have open in the season, dailies, stats, skins, etc...Pretty sure Destiny did this.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I second the idea about an app.

Got some nice matches yesterday and today. Especially earlier today I had a win with 2 italian guys. I have zero clue what they were talking about, but they did pretty good as teamplayers... I ended up getting to Silver II with halfway done to Silver I, completed 1 daily challenge and 1 weekly challenge.

I really can't stand multiplayer games anymore. I recently felt that when playing Modern Warfare. But Apex has such a good gameplay that always makes me want to go back. Or maybe I should say it's Respawn in general. From time to time I also go back to Titanfall 2 and have a great time.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting....Modern Warfare already fell off #1 from the XBL most played charts and Fortnite is back on top. Apex went up from #6 to #5 at the same time.

So essentially, Apex and COD are sharing the same playerbase. I guess it makes sense since they were both made by the same team. Most of my XBL friends were playing MW last week but have already come back.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Yeah, I just don't think it's possible to go through diamond in solo queue. I've haven't made any progress at all and teammates feel just as clueless as plat.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for an API for a while, but I doubt it'll happen. When these guys were IW, they were always hesitant in their COD games to have a stats site and when they became Respawn they never did one for Titanfall. Doesn't help either when you bring up Destiny and Bungie who were always the goat at putting in stats and external trackers.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
anyone else been experiencing atrocious lag recently? had some awful matches yesterday and it's nearly been as bad today. it definitely wasn't like this a few weeks ago but it seems to be getting worse by the day.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been switching between this, TF2 and BF5 and my one wish for games going forward is for them to have an option replicate your sensitivity settings close as possible when changing shooters. Gets a little tiring trying to tweak each shooters dead zones and all that stuff to make it feel just right. I'm constantly changing FPS controls to make it feel like CoD as close as I can because that was the first game that felt real good to play on 360.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The community on this game at the weekends is by far the worse community I've ever seen in any video game ever.

The amount of abusive kids, spam pingers, players that will loot your corpse but not revive you, quitters, and players that will steal all the loot of teams you've just solo wiped as you heal is unreal.

Duo's is going to help me fall in love with this game again, I know it. Even in randoms its going to be easier working as a team with one other guy

anyone else been experiencing atrocious lag recently? had some awful matches yesterday and it's nearly been as bad today. it definitely wasn't like this a few weeks ago but it seems to be getting worse by the day.

It's not been totally noticeable , but yes, I've had more than one occasion where I've had to press the button serval times to pick up an item and I've seen players teleporting around.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I've been waiting for an API for a while, but I doubt it'll happen. When these guys were IW, they were always hesitant in their COD games to have a stats site and when they became Respawn they never did one for Titanfall. Doesn't help either when you bring up Destiny and Bungie who were always the goat at putting in stats and external trackers.

I don't know man....This is their biggest IP. They're developing a mobile version of Apex too. I could see it happening eventually.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Just got killed because my gas cloud went through the map or something and when it exploded it just didn't do anything.

I don't use Caustic much but didn't it already used to happen like months ago ?

Anyway, what a great feeling to get fucked in ranked because of bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.