• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I get so frustrated with ranked sometimes. First game today I get a 9 kill 1800 damage win, 189 RP and I'm finally making a move up in Plat. Next 5 games we go down instantly at the drop each time and I'm right back where I started 2 hours prior. smh.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
just got automatically killed by standing on top of a loot bin as it opened lol. had a really solid Crypto game going on too 😢

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm so excited for Duos. The other thing I always wonder is if they'll ever increase the player count. Either way, should be exciting. Hopefully the feedback is positive and is something they make permanent in the near future.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
The curse of solo queue is complaining about teammates 90% of the time and when you finally get some good ones it's your turn to play like shit.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
love to play with two non-communicative teammates who are clearly in party chat together and completely ignore your pings to move away from the death circle closing around you and run in front of the open loot box you're standing in front of to take everything you were making room for

got some good charge rifle kills though, so that's fun

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
That feeling every time I do well and get invited to the next match by a rando but I don't do so hot the next game and then they leave party.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
love to play with two non-communicative teammates who are clearly in party chat together and completely ignore your pings....

This happens to me so damn much. I had a game yesterday where i solo wiped a team who had knocked my team mate only for me to get knocked when i ran into a hidden gas trap. The last guy ran over, revived his buddy ignoring my ping, they both then looted all the boxes before reviving me and ignoring my constant request for health and shields. One of them even popped a Phoenix kit to restore 30% health when he had full purple shields.

...i was so pissed that i turned off the game right there and then and put another game on.

Unfortunately, adding Duos isn't going to stop this issue in Ranked. They either need to to make solo queues solo queues or allow you to turn off auto-fill and let you drop into ranked as a solo/duo.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Is duos today and if so what time is it does anyone know?
Any time now.

Patch notes: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ds2wjv/patch_notes_31_duos_nov_5

EDIT:

WELCOME TO THE FIRING RANGE

From the lobby, you can now select the firing range. Here you can practice playing around with all the weapons, items, and Legends.

• Can enter the firing range solo or with your squad.
  • You can change to any Legend and use their abilities and ultimates.
  • All loot items are available to play with including weapons, attachments, and hop-ups.
  • Target DUMMIES available to practice those headshots.
  • Future improvements to come! Please give us your feedback.
WEAPONS

• Wingman
    • Reduced the headshot multiplier: 2.15 -> 2.1
  • Changes to Projectile Collision: We've increased the projectile width on some weapons so they are easier to hit with. We made this change to the TripleTake in Season 2 and the following will be updated for this patch:
    • Shotguns: All shotguns will have projectiles with a small amount of width.
    • L-STAR
    • Snipers: The Longbow DMR, Kraber, and G7 Scout.
QUALITY OF LIFE

• In an effort to surface easier challenges to players more often and offer a balanced set of challenges each day, Daily Challenge distribution has been adjusted so players are guaranteed to receive 1 easy, 1 medium, and 1 hard challenge.
  • You can now spend Legend Tokens to reroll Daily Challenges.
    • Cost increases with each purchase before capping out at 1000 Legend Tokens.
      • First reroll: 200 Legend Tokens
      • Second reroll: 500 Legend Tokens
      • Third or more reroll: 1000 Legend Tokens for each reroll.
    • Cost resets every day
  • You can now adjust the game cursor velocity in Settings -> Controller. This will apply to cursor velocity in all menus including the Lobby, Pause/Inventory menus, and Death Box inventories.
  • We now show you what Music Pack you have selected while dropping into the map. If you only have the "default" Pack selected you won't see anything.
  • Improved flow from Lobby to Match that fixes some minor bugs and will hopefully get players into matches a bit faster.
    • Disabling pregame spawning of players before character selection. This will address cases where players might hear someone voice comms or other sounds before the Legend selection starts.
    • The "Waiting for Players..." transition now shows the game world instead of a black screen.
    • Removed the 5 second countdown that would start at the beginning of Legend selection.
  • Player will now be able to view the ammo types of their squadmates equipped weapons when in the inventory menu.
  • [Controller] you can now open the quip wheel by holding down on the dpad (you can still do it the old way - open ping menu and press Y)
  • [PC] Quick Chat binding should now auto bind to F1 if it isn't bound to anything (assuming nothing is already bound to F1)
RANKED MODE

• Players will no longer receive a penalty for abandoning a match if they leave after 2 and a half minutes have passed since their Banner was picked up after dying. As a reminder: players will be warned via the menus if their leaving may trigger abandon penalties; if the warning does not show up players are free to leave.

BUG FIXES

• Fixed a bug where players would stay in place while the train keeps moving when reviving another player.
  • Updated the layout of the minimap that was previously showing a route that doesn't exist.
  • Fixed cases where players could drop into Out of Bounds areas without getting the timer.
  • Fixed cases of some areas where players could take lava damage near the Volcano when there isn't any lava.
  • Fixed display issue with post game where it would show you earning 2 battle pass levels for leveling up via Stars.
LEGENDS

• Crypto
    • EMP now will damage armor that players have dropped.
    • Fixed a bug where Lifeline's drone couldn't heal Crypto while he was in the drone.
    • Fix for friendly Caustic gas kicking Crypto out of his drone.
  • Bangalore
    • Fixed bug where sometimes the missiles from Bangalore's Ultimate would disappear after landing on the train.

Last edited:

Nixonomics

Dec 6, 2018
In the patch notes:
"-Player will now be able to view the ammo types of their squadmates equipped weapons when in the inventory menu."

Finally!!!

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
They patched Crypto's drone so your shield gets damaged even if you drop it. Also, cursor speed option for consoles is a big upgrade.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Oh ffs... I specifically removed melee from R3 because sometimes I would accidentally melee while shooting... now it opens up the new quip wheel and stops you from aiming

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
they can't be serious with the G7. Just melted my way to a win with 10 kills not even having to aim the fucking thing lmao

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, the G7 was already insane without that, lol.

Glad they stopped the Crypto cheese. It was a really funny thing to see people figure out early on, but it was way too effective and not hard to do.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i'm gonna assume that everyone's trying out the duos mode at the moment because normal pub teammates have been utterly dire tonight

i've honestly just had about half a dozen matches in a row where at least one teammate has rage quit immediately after getting downed, if not both lol

Last edited:

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Wingman nerf amounts to a few damage less on headshots that removes one-shotting low profile 100 health characters (e.g. when you land) and a fringe two-tap scenario on low profile characters with purple armor and no helmet.

Sounds fair to me.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Duos is ok, won 2 of 3. I don't really notice much of a difference. Going to get on the range with the G7 and wreck some 11 years olds logging on with their buddies for the first time to try duos.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
The newest patch introduced a bug that allows people to knock each other out while in the dropship (starts right after the character select screen and before you actually see the dropship).

It affects all modes so I'd really advise against playing ranked until this is fixed.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The newest patch introduced a bug that allows people to knock each other out while in the dropship (starts right after the character select screen and before you actually see the dropship).

It affects all modes so I'd really advise against playing ranked until this is fixed.
I was wondering why I was randomly seeing melee kills right at the start of games.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Duos is ok, won 2 of 3. I don't really notice much of a difference. Going to get on the range with the G7 and wreck some 11 years olds logging on with their buddies for the first time to try duos.

Yeah. I feel like they should've upped the player count to like....70-80. As it is now, mid game is even slower than normal games for some reason.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
People be running into buildings hip firing G7s now. That gun is hilarious.

Weird that they felt they needed to nerf the wingman, I thought removing the skullpiercer was enough.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Played a few games of Duos with my buddy....Hated it. Don't know why but it just felt really off.

The addition of firing range is amazing though. I can finally practice with different attachments and magazines. I love the 3 bots in the middle and I get to hear that addictive "glass break" effect when I break their shields. Inviting friends into the new range is really smart too.

What I'd love to see if an even more fully realized Firing Range set in a map location from King's Canyon...Maybe Artillery or something. Put moving bots that fire back so we can practice shooting moving targets and not shooting those big square target boxes in the current range.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Some of loot has changed in this update. There was a place I normally drop that had 3 loot bins which are now replaced with loot on the floor.

I'm also not feeling Duo's. I think it would be better if there was ranked, but from the games I've played its just a huge 3rd party fest. One of our last games had at least 10 people in the same building.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Why would the third partying be worse in duos than standard?
I'm not disagreeing with you because I noticed it too, I just don't understand why it would happen more in this mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.