• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Looks like they fixed that bug where if you selected a Battery while using a syringe, it would equip syringes back once you were done healing.

EDIT: scratch that, it's still there

Happy about the firing range, can finally practice some grapples

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Why would the third partying be worse in duos than standard?
I'm not disagreeing with you because I noticed it too, I just don't understand why it would happen more in this mode.

I'm not totally sure, but i suppose it's because there are more teams, less risk fighting other teams (you wont get 3 v 1 situations) and i play exclusively in ranked where players are playing for placement rather than action.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the absolute chaos of drops in duos right now, personally. Fuckin' love it.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I'm not totally sure, but i suppose it's because there are more teams, less risk fighting other teams (you wont get 3 v 1 situations) and i play exclusively in ranked where players are playing for placement rather than action.

Nailed it. I can afford to play more aggressively because I know that I can take on two people much more easily than three people. Also the fact that in duos I feel like it's MUCH easier to get looted up without a third so mid game I'm just waiting for action and push forward as soon as I hear shots.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm am the worst 3rd partyer of all time. If I ever show up and a fight they normally stop their battle and all 6 of them will turn towards me and melt me.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I honestly hoped to enjoy Duos much more than that, but I played one or two games and was over it already? I don't know, maybe it wasn't the right day, I'll try again tomorrow or so.

In the meantime, I had a 10 kills game with Gibraltar, and that was fun. Enemies kept coming and it felt we couldn't catch a break! Also, yeah I sound a bit bossy at the end, my random teammates were good enough though, and they pulled off in the end when it mattered, so all is good.

Also... I officially reached a K/DR or 1.02 in unranked this season! Which is nice, considering I have a K/DR of 0.74 in S2 (unranked), and I have a 0.71 K/DR overall. Which means I got really significantly better at the game since I started playing it. To be fair, I was such a huge noob at the beginning, I didn't use to play games in which aiming is so important, so there was obviously going to be some learning curve here. But still, seeing the stats prove it feels quite nice!

Last edited:

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
It sounds like they're still looking to make improvements to the training range. They've got dummies in, so I think they can go a step further to make some more around a bit erratically. Still though, god, the firing range is such a huge improvement to what we had before. Get some mobile dummies and maybe a large, flat surface where you can more easily see spray patterns, and it's good to go.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Got 2 Duo wins today. Starting to grow on me more. I think I was just unlucky with my games yesterday.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they fixed that bug where if you selected a Battery while using a syringe, it would equip syringes back once you were done healing.

EDIT: scratch that, it's still there

I think this is all related to some kind of automatic healing item swap they're trying to force on you depending on your shield/health state, but there's some weird logic errors remaining (including still swapping back to your best health healing item, even if you just reached 100% health while healing).

Using an Ultimate Accelerant used to swap your healing item to syringes no matter your shield/health state, now it seems to be trying to apply some rules and swap your item after using an Accelerant if shields or health is needed, albeit poorly in a few situations (swaps to Cells even if you're at 100% health and 0% shields and have Batteries, swaps to Medkits if you're at 100% shields and 75%+ health and have syringes...why?).

Better than it used to be, as this used to be super annoying as a Lifeline main. I still wish they'd just respect your item choice and leave it alone completely, though.

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Sometimes I feel really good at this. Sometimes I actually start to feel like I can maybe carry a team. I hit my shots. I get some kills. I feel real good. Then... there are some nights where I feel like complete TRASH. What the hell happened in 24 hours to make me play like a damn dumb dumb who can't even seem to hit a Gibby standing still!? Damn this game. Why can't I quit you. (I love it, I'll never quit but sweet baby jebus some consistency would be nice).

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Server patch is live:

This afternoon we've pushed a server patch to all platforms to hotfix the following issues.
  • Fixed the bug that allowed players to melee during the pre-match flow.
  • Fixed bug where players could quit out of Ranked Matches before start and avoid abandon penalties and still get max RP.
Also want to call out some changes made to World's Edge not specifically called out in the patch notes:
  • Adjusted loot distribution around the map.
  • Added more locations where Survey Beacons may spawn on World's Edge matching the behavior of how they worked in Kings Canyon.
  • Lots, and lots of map-related bug fixes discovered and reported. Please continue to report map issues with screenshots and videos if you can. We're watching!

Looks like they did a pass on the loot. Curious how that turned out.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Ive started using the G7 as my primary weapon, it absolutely destroys people at close to mid range.

On a side note. Today I was in a match and I had full health and a purple shield. I got hit with one grenade and blown up in the air and was downed. No other grenade or shots. Later in same match fully healed I was downed in one shot with a alternator. Instant down. So frustrating. Is it that the other person's shots aren't registering on my screen? It's happened a few times in games on the Virginia servers. I have to manually get off of them.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think i played the worst match ever in this game. A whole 20 minute match and couldn't hit shots for shit. Played the whole match like Battlefield and everything just felt off.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Real talk, has anybody ever in the history of the game moved an optic to the backpack on purpose? Just let us drop them immediately, Respawn
I think this is all related to some kind of automatic healing item swap they're trying to force on you depending on your shield/health state, but there's some weird logic errors remaining (including still swapping back to your best health healing item, even if you just reached 100% health while healing).

Using an Ultimate Accelerant used to swap your healing item to syringes no matter your shield/health state, now it seems to be trying to apply some rules and swap your item after using an Accelerant if shields or health is needed, albeit poorly in a few situations (swaps to Cells even if you're at 100% health and 0% shields and have Batteries, swaps to Medkits if you're at 100% shields and 75%+ health and have syringes...why?).

Better than it used to be, as this used to be super annoying as a Lifeline main. I still wish they'd just respect your item choice and leave it alone completely, though.
I've been trying to make sense of it for months but it simply doesn't work. And if it ever works, I'd waste time double checking to make sure I have the right thing equipped.
The fact that it also happens with Accelerants makes me believe it's a bug, since accelerants aren't even reachable from the equip wheel.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I like duos quite a bit. It's more... Manageable, I guess ? If my teammate sucks I'm much more confident in my ability to handle a squad of two by myself. And when they're decent, well... Racked up a few easy wins already.

Time to get back to ranked now that they fixed the melee bug though. Somehow almost made it to Diamond 3.

Also, the G7 is a beast.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The skin glitch at the start of the game is annoying.

Also, loot feels weird now, played 2 games this morning, the first i couldn't find a single body shield, i went through so many bins and buildings and eventually found a level 1, the next game i drop and immediately find 3 level 3s and come across at least 6 level 2s. I'm not sure if it's loot clustering but it can be frustrating.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to make sense of it for months but it simply doesn't work. And if it ever works, I'd waste time double checking to make sure I have the right thing equipped.
The fact that it also happens with Accelerants makes me believe it's a bug, since accelerants aren't even reachable from the equip wheel.

The logic of what it selects carries over to when you use the last of any healing item and it picks a new one for you, so maybe that's the conflict? It thinks you have nothing equipped if you swap mid-heal or use an Accelerant, then picks what it thinks is an applicable healing item? Who knows, but even the underlying logic to what it picks for you is busted.

In any case, I tweeted the community coordinator a Pastebin with all the problems I could think of, so hopefully it gets to the right people. I think I covered most of it after messing with it in the Firing Range for a while. Let me know if I missed anything.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
The logic of what it selects carries over to when you use the last of any healing item and it picks a new one for you, so maybe that's the conflict? It thinks you have nothing equipped if you swap mid-heal or use an Accelerant, then picks what it thinks is an applicable healing item? Who knows, but even the underlying logic to what it picks for you is busted.

In any case, I tweeted the community coordinator a Pastebin with all the problems I could think of, so hopefully it gets to the right people. I think I covered most of it after messing with it in the Firing Range for a while. Let me know if I missed anything.
Dropped a like and added an explanatory pic taken from a popular youtuber, tagging him in the pic. Hopefully they see it

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Hold on...You can't shoot your teammates in the Firing Range? I invited a friend in to the range to practice sniping and we couldn't damage each other. What's the point of putting in the shields, helmets?

Oct 25, 2017
tMHuPjZ.jpg

Wasn't there supposed to be a change to the dailies so that you get an easy, normal and hard one?

Because these are all very easy.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Capitol city is so much more manageable when there's only two in a team, being 3rd partied isn't as much as a death sentence. me and a random were absolutely popping off in the big construction site buildings for more than half the game, and it ended up being my highest kill record so far as a result (which admittedly isn't particularly high when it's at 11). we only got second place that game sadly, but we played a few more together and bagged ourselves two solid wins and a handful of 2nd places. although i do think the random mistook me for a good player after the first game so it was a bit embarrassing when i was never quite as on it as i was in that first match (dude had to save my arse a lot in the last few games we had together). but still, i've very much enjoyed duos a lot more today than i did the past 2 days.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Capitol city is so much more manageable when there's only two in a team, being 3rd partied isn't as much as a death sentence. me and a random were absolutely popping off in the big construction site buildings for more than half the game, and it ended up being my highest kill record so far as a result (which admittedly isn't particularly high when it's at 11). we only got second place that game sadly, but we played a few more together and bagged ourselves two solid wins and a handful of 2nd places. although i do think the random mistook me for a good player after the first game so it was a bit embarrassing when i was never quite as on it as i was in that first match (dude had to save my arse a lot in the last few games we had together). but still, i've very much enjoyed duos a lot more today than i did the past 2 days.

I hate that building so damn much.

Never tried it in duo's. Will be interesting to try out now.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This game is just not built for Squads man. The game always feels like it gets cheesed with the 3rd partying. The game would do a lot better with a siphon feature.

Duos feels far better for sure.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah,the speed of the game and powerful close range weapons means that 3rd parties are common.

Id love a new character that has Anti-3rd party abilities such as decoy grenades (that make gunfire and footstep sounds) and an ability to barricade doors so they take 4 kicks to break.

Also, in this map it's really hard to take advantage of Watson's and Caustics abilities due to the lack of choke points. So it would be good if they added new areas to the maps to help with this.

Edit: and right after I post this I'm in a game where the player count went down to 3 teams remaining in the very first circle due to everyone rushing the same area....

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah,the speed of the game and powerful close range weapons means that 3rd parties are common.

Id love a new character that has Anti-3rd party abilities such as decoy grenades (that make gunfire and footstep sounds) and an ability to barricade doors so they take 4 kicks to break.

Also, in this map it's really hard to take advantage of Watson's and Caustics abilities due to the lack of choke points. So it would be good if they added new areas to the maps to help with this.

Edit: and right after I post this I'm in a game where the player count went down to 3 teams remaining in the very first circle due to everyone rushing the same area....

Watson and Caustic are both anti third party legends. She can block doors and stop grenades with her ult and Caustic can block doors with his gas (albeit for a shorter amount of time).

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Watson and Caustic are both anti third party legends. She can block doors and stop grenades with her ult and Caustic can block doors with his gas (albeit for a shorter amount of time).
Yeah, unfortunately Watson is weak on this map, due to design

I still like Caustic though, huge fan. It's great when a team try to jump you and they can't see anything

At the moment i main Mirage, his ult is so useful when you get jumped, i just wish his decoys were more deceptive and random, nobody falls for them now.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, unfortunately Watson is weak on this map, due to design

I still like Caustic though, huge fan. It's great when a team try to jump you and they can't see anything

At the moment i main Mirage, his ult is so useful when you get jumped, i just wish his decoys were more deceptive and random, nobody falls for them now.

Me too. Mirage and Caustic for Season 3 all the way. Decoy is a huge help when you're caught out in the open and also really helps in the city areas to mess with people. Caustic can be a game winning legend with a well timed ult in the last circle too.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
im so late on this, but i just discovered in options 1. auto run 2. custom button layout 3. Advance Look Controls

Gonna spend a good time in firing range, messing with my controls (I can finally make Left stick as jump), and I always feel like my sens settings could be better, so ALC should help

Edit: Question for console players, do you have crouch to hold or toggle? I have it in toggle, but I wonder if hold means I can do more maneuvering and dodging bullets, and outgun my opponents

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Man, the highs and lows of this game really are something.

I'll have one game where everything works out, I'll get a decent loadout at the drop and make it to top 10....

The next game I'm fighting 3 teams with a Mozambique and a wingman with 8 bullets while I frantically scream at the TV as I'm running from building to building finding nothing but sniper stocks and energy ammo.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they did a pass on the loot. Curious how that turned out.
Feels good to me, though I had so many duos matches where neither of us could find anything better than Lv1 armor for almost the entire match. We found 10+ in one match, all in places that weren't looted, it may have just been a rough stretch of matches but maybe there could be some more Lv2 armor in the world.

Also duos is so much fun I really hope it becomes a permanent mode.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Had a guy on Xbox called 'londonsniper' go off on one on voice coms earlier. My mate and I were laughing so much. Some of these kids get super aggressive for no reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a ranked meta for legend picks? I'm thinking of doing some low rank solo queue till at least Silver when they start costing points. I've never played any ranked game but from my casual game performance I think I can play pretty well now, at least for bronze games.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I feel like Crypto use has plummeted. I run into one once every 10 games now. Can't even recall the last emp blast I got. Not too long ago there were multiple in each match. Sort of miss the easy kills.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a ranked meta for legend picks? I'm thinking of doing some low rank solo queue till at least Silver when they start costing points. I've never played any ranked game but from my casual game performance I think I can play pretty well now, at least for bronze games.
i found bronze and silver lobbies easier than pub matches, honestly. understandably lots of beginners in those lobbies, although that will mean your teammates might be too. lost interest when i got to gold through solo queuing and had a series of shit games, only popped into ranked here and there since. will probably get back on the grind soon though, feeling a lot more confident.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Anyone else on PC have messed up textures after the last patch? A lot of models seem to be half clear, half low-res af

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I feel like I almost never play with Cryptos anymore and when I do they don't even use his drone lol

sorta like Lifeline players who never heal even when you ping that you need health

Status
Not open for further replies.