• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Why are you moaning about sbmm?
So you'd rather go into games and pubstomp, is that what you're saying? Or that the sbmm is matching you with players at a higher level than you?

I don't have a problem with sbmm at all, and this honestly sounds like sour grapes from a lot of you.
I do think they should have separate playlists for pre-made squads and solo players though, which should help a little bit.

I'm moaning that SBMM doesn't work!

I'm getting matched with brand new players in solo queues and I'm coming across predator badged full partied squads.

I don't want to pub stomp, I want a fair fight. Put me with other level 100 solo players.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017

I'm getting matched with brand new players in solo queues and I'm coming across predator badged full partied squads.

I don't want to pub stomp, I want a fair fight. Put me with other level 100 solo players.
Every game? If that's happening to you every game then yes, clearly something is wrong.
I play solo and I play with some friends and I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a predator ranked player in my games.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Every game? If that's happening to you every game then yes, clearly something is wrong.
I play solo and I play with some friends and I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a predator ranked player in my games.

Nearly every game, yes, i'm seeing a predator in the champion squad and the dive trial.

Its funny that i'm playing in platinum now just so it's easier .

For the record, i love this game...

and to balance out my criticisms, i managed to get a solo win in a game yesterday in Plat, one of my team mates got clapped and i was trying to revive him but i got jumped and had to dupes'o' clock. The kid started throwing abuse at me about being useless and quit out.....

10 mins later i'm champion and i'm sending him a screen with a 'not that useless' message. lol

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

Hmm I think you're missing how this would work. If anything matchmaking would split up the higher tier players like yourself into lower tier squads. If you matched all new players with new players every time their squad would get absolutely blown out. You're contradicting yourself because you get full predator badged squads.... how would you feel as a squad of say level 30s getting stomped out by that upper tier team? Maybe it's the intention to divide out the best players evenly. The problem you're encountering though isn't a matchmaking issue, they're not sticking predator badged squads together, those squads are almost certainly pre partied up.

My issue is that if I solo the matchmaking seems to work. I usually get a competent squad and we win a good amount of the time. If I play with just one of my friends though, who is low level, the 3rd I get matched with almost always will split off from the group, will engage every single enemy they see regardless of position, will spam SMG shots from across the map to give away our position, will often lose track of the ring and get buried in there, if they get knocked down they DC immediately rather than giving me a chance to revive them, etc. The randoms make the game borderline unplayable due to whatever it is they're doing with the matchmaking when i have a squad of 2.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Does this thread have Complaint-Based Matchmaking (CBMM)? It's been unreadable for weeks.
giphy.webp

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
yeah it kinda sucks when an OT is non-stop full of complaining and negativity and i'm sorry that i've contributed to that atmosphere in the past few days - but sometimes you just need an outlet to air your frustrations with a game, especially when it's something special like Apex.

despite my tantrum yesterday i did end up having quite a few decent matches afterwards, getting myself from Gold 4 to Plat 4 in the space of an afternoon. looks like i'm not gonna delete the game after all (for now) :P it's just frustrating when it feels like the game is giving you no respite and you're just getting stomped on match after match - regardless of whether you're playing pubs or ranked. it's kinda why i miss duos already, because it certainly didn't feel like normal pub or ranked squads and had a fun, less punishing vibe to it.

bloodhound and crypto still suck tho ;P

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
.... i'm sorry if i've somewhat contributed to that atmosphere in the past few days

Post any Apex related stuff you want mate, good or bad. No need to apologize. We all love the game really even though we complain.

The problem you're encountering though isn't a matchmaking issue, they're not sticking predator badged squads together, those squads are almost certainly pre partied

Yeah, i know they're pre partied, but i was under the illusion that solo players get matched with other solo players and parties get matched with parties? Maybe i'm looking at this matchmaking thing all wrong? A Pre partied squad with over 700 wins each and predator badges are almost certainly pub stomping if they're getting matched with solo players that haven't even hit level 30.

Last edited:

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Post any Apex related stuff you want mate, good or bad. No need to apologize. We all love the game really even though we complain.

Yeah, i know they're pre partied, but i was under the illusion that solo players get matched with other solo players and parties get matched with parties? Maybe i'm looking at this matchmaking thing all wrong? A Pre partied squad with over 700 wins each and predator badges are almost certainly pub stomping if they're getting matched with solo players that haven't even hit level 30.

But you're asking yourself to get matched with super high level players as well, so you're basically asking the game to lead to "pub stomping". If the game stuck someone as high level as you with a bunch of other high levels it would be broken for any casual players or newcomers.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
If the game stuck someone as high level as you with a bunch of other high levels it would be broken for any casual players or newcomers.

But this is exactly what the game is doing.

I've been matched with level zero players in games that have predator players in them...pre made predator teams even..

If you take me and my average skills out for the equation, some new kid with no experience with the game just got matched against a player that has over 700 wins and is at predator.

How is that in anyway fair SBMM?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stats are still glitched. I have screenshots of 19 kills and it says my career high is 12.
Uh. No.

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
SBMM is fucking broken. It serves no purpose in a battle royale in the first place where RNG can make a huge difference alone. Solo queuing with randoms is not working at all since I'm being paired with noobs with lobbies filled with sweats. Pubs are now essentially ranked and you stand no chance enjoying a casual game without partying up with friends, which is something I don't often do unless I'm playing ranked. Honestly, I've defended this game endlessly and while so much has been frustrating as of late, it's all been tolerable up until this SBMM has come into effect.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
The funny thing is I can pub stomp in Platinum now and barely get one or two kills in casual. I am not looking forward to reaching diamond again.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond is toxic af. People breaking off to go the guaranteed purple by Skyhook when we're not even in the area. Quitting early. Spamming banner pings. All that Apex Preds I got paired with do the same thing.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Judging by data mining from a while ago, some exclusive/event skins might be making a return. I'm interested as I already have coins from before, would not be continuing to support the game in its current state otherwise.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome. I should be level 873 so that's a bunch of free packs I should get retroactively.

The only issue is them adding Legendary charms to the pool, as if getting a Legendary frame or finisher from a pack wasn't already a downer...

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Music to my ears!
Players can now earn 199 Apex Packs by level 500 (previously 45)
  • Level 2 - 20: One pack every level
  • Level 22 - 300: One pack every two levels
  • Level 305 - 500: One pack every five levels
  • You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level
  • Apex Packs rewards will be retroactive
Players will also earn a Player Level Gun Charm every 100 Player Levels

idk what my overall level is, how do i check it?

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
They say retroactive rewards, but does that mean retroactive level as well? I'm curious if everyone will have to start at level 100 regardless of what your "true level" actually is. Just giving you 100+ packs seems unlikely for a F2P game.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Pretty sure the retroactive leveling thing is for those at 100. We're all gonna be grinding to 500 just those who have already been playing non stop will be getting the 14 packs we would have missed on the way to 100.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the retroactive leveling thing is for those at 100. We're all gonna be grinding to 500 just those who have already been playing non stop will be getting the 14 packs we would have missed on the way to 100.

Yeah, that seems likely. Hard to complain as it's just icing on the cake at the end of the day.

Also opens up the opportunity to designate more player pools for matchmaking, probably.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
AWESOME, more levels and packs! And that 14 pack drop we are getting is appreciated.
New level badge design are great, but I wish the background/icon was a selectable theme after hitting the level requirement. Was always a pet peeve of mine with prestige ranks.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, spreading out the 140 extra reward packs by starting everyone at level 100 actually seems like a good choice in comparison to getting a ton dropped on me right now.

I'm not quitting the game anytime soon and would rather get free packs as new legends and rewards enter the pool.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's a great change. The core game's progression is really, really bad with the way it just cuts you off so them not only adding way more levels but increasing the drops goes a long way in helping to chip away at things.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I love the new leveling upgrade. I like that it's retroactive but we start at 100 that's ok, I'll take the 14 free packs and then the rewards for getting to 500. I was sort of annoyed there were no more free packs.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
hit level 100 battle pass, finally 😅😅 are these new lvl 100+ changes coming next week?

also, mini rant: i swear to god there ought to be a mandatory tutorial for how to jump from the ship, especially if you want to play ranked. just had a caustic jumpmaster that ignored my ping to land refinery to instead hot drop us into train yard (sigh), despite the fact that we were already passing over it when he did this without warning - and wouldn't ya know, we were the last to land and we all immediately got chewed up. 36RP gone because of a shitty jumpmaster, tah 🙃

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Just hit level 110 on the battle pass, that Peacekeeper skin is pretty neat. But now I can slow down at last and play something else for a while.

They confirmed retroactive doesn't actually mean retroactive, we'll all be level 100 on Tuesday...

Not to be that person, but that actually sucks, and screws over loyal players who've regularly playing Apex since the start.
On Apex Legend level trackers, it says I'm level 497, so logically, if they were doing this the right way, on December 3rd I would be 3 levels away from max level. But no, they have to cancel all of my progression just so that I have to grind it all, all over again. This feels like I've been playing for nothing tbh. Sigh.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Not to be that person, but that actually sucks, and screws over loyal players who've regularly playing Apex since the start.
On Apex Legend level trackers, it says I'm level 497, so logically, if they were doing this the right way, on December 3rd I would be 3 levels away from max level. But no, they have to cancel all of my progression just so that I have to grind it all, all over again. This feels like I've been playing for nothing tbh. Sigh.

Playing for nothing? Come on now.
Did you really think you were about to get 140+ apex packs dumped on you all at once? Why would you even want that?
The packs are there for you to earn as you play now, which is far more rewarding imo.
The only reason you could be mad is if you were about to drop the game for good and missed out on the packs you should already have. But if that was the case, you wouldn't give a damn about what was in them anyway 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Playing for nothing? Come on now.
Did you really think you were about to get 140+ apex packs dumped on you all at once? Why would you even want that?
The packs are there for you to earn as you play now, which is far more rewarding imo.
The only reason you could be mad is if you were about to drop the game for good and missed out on the packs you should already have. But if that was the case, you wouldn't give a damn about what was in them anyway 🤷‍♂️

I'm not about to quit the game, but I still feel this is definitely a low-blow. They should have raised that cap level ages ago, most of us have reached max level more than 6 months ago, and that was 6 months during which we kept on playing and grinding, and earned XP that will go to waste now. Of course, since I completed BP S1, S2 & S3, I would have kept on playing anyway, but now they're changing the rules again, and it lowkey screws with the time invested in the game and doesn't make it feel rewarding much for people who have been consistently playing for months. If you don't mind this and don't agree, cool, more power to you. But that's how I see it, and that's how it feels like, and whether you like it or not will not change that.

Last edited:

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Wew just won a round where our dropmaster guy disconnected after dropping us in the shit. R301 and 99 both like lasers. 2.5k damage, 5 kills, delicious.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Personally I just love the that we get to grind for levels again. Reward-wise, we have been playing for nothing. With the introduction of these new levels, we're rewarded again for just playing the game. Honestly, once you think about it, that's the best direction they could have gone with.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
okay, im confused. I am on apex tracker looking at my stats and uhh ...
apex.png

APEX PREDATOR

im only ....​

LEVEL

cant be right. lol im no where near that good and im only in GOLD III with the amount i play in this season. I have an overall total of 607 matches played? 1.79 kills per match? i guess. idk. i feel like i die wayy more than getting kills LOL!!!

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
okay, im confused. I am on apex tracker looking at my stats and uhh ...
apex.png

APEX PREDATOR

im only ....

LEVEL

cant be right. lol im no where near that good and im only in GOLD III with the amount i play in this season. I have an overall total of 607 matches played? 1.79 kills per match? i guess. idk. i feel like i die wayy more than getting kills LOL!!!
Are you checking an online tracker? Because you can see all of those stats on the game proper (except for your overall level past 100).

Status
Not open for further replies.