• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Looks like they're going to automatically swap you to shield cells after a full health heal as a QOL feature. Hopefully it respects your item selection while mid-heal too, as that's a current bug that's a personal gripe of mine.
Playing on PC I got very used to just pressing the binding for the heal I want, I couldn't imagine going back to the wheel.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
titanfall 2 is free to psn+ subscribers starting dec 3rd

absolutely check it out! even if it's for sp only it's worth it bless!

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game absolutely blows when queued as two. I think I had one game out of 20 tonight where the random player didn't immediately disconnect when down. Often they just drop solo, die, and quit. It is a horrible experience.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
That peacekeeper rollback was useless. Im still not sure why they buffed it in the first place, it was fine. Now it's the alternator of this season.

Scott x 2

Oct 27, 2017
This game absolutely blows when queued as two. I think I had one game out of 20 tonight where the random player didn't immediately disconnect when down. Often they just drop solo, die, and quit. It is a horrible experience.
They simply need to have a permanent solo and duos queue, I don't see any reason why not personally. But I agree, when playing as a group of 2, the game is awful to play. I tend to only play Apex when I have 2 people to play with now so I don't play as often as I would like.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I play as a 2 quite a bit and yeah the third player is usually an idiot, but that doesn't mean your game is ruined. If you play smart and communicate well you can definitely win 2v3 fight.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Some of my best games has been as a duo. I'd take 1 guy with a brain who knows how to be prudent or aggressive when necessary over 2 teammates who can't hold their loads back.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
In other news, Apex launched a shop, and I'm here lowkey entertaining the idea of getting a shirt or two.
Initially I'd want the Lifeline one since she's forever my main, but its design and color is a tiny bit "heh", so I'm not decided about it yet.

y1O5j6p.jpg

The Wattson one on the other hand is absolutely right up my alley! Being my 2nd main, I defo can see myself buying it!

6Xf33WV.jpg

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
They simply need to have a permanent solo and duos queue, I don't see any reason why not personally. But I agree, when playing as a group of 2, the game is awful to play. I tend to only play Apex when I have 2 people to play with now so I don't play as often as I would like.

Played in a party of 2 all night last night and the 2nd rarely plays Apex and doesn't get much damage in matches. We had several top 2's and a win. He added support using his abilities and helping out where he could. All our randoms we grouped with were good and positive as I was teaching him as well. Nobody dropped out and the randoms even stayed after their respawns timed out in a few matches. I don't experience a chunk of the issues people complain on here about. When I do I just move onto the next match. Sure you can get a few bad matches in a row but it's nothing that the next match can't make up for. Matchmaking across all shooters is always a complaint and at some point when looking at it from that angle is it really matchmaking or is it the easiest thing for players to complain about. I don't recall a game that hasn't had matchmaking issues or complaints. I get loading into a match with no teammates.. that's an issue. Loading into a match with a player with no banner stats is not. They could be amazing and never play that legend or hiding their stats. You can't control what teammates load with you and all you can do is be nice, try to use a mic and work with them. Sometimes that's all it takes. If your third hot drops and dies, play differently as two from that point on. Matches can still be won but you shouldn't be rushing teams as two until you are geared up or ready. It doesn't ruin the match if you switch styles and play smart.

Solo mode overall is silly in Apex. I'd support duos again but solo just doesn't fit. I'd test out quads before bringing a solo mode back. Maybe put a DM mode up in firing range or create a few arenas for solos but I feel it's a waste of resources in a team based game like Apex. The game is not built for solos.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Played some more casual games yesterday and I really don't see what's terrible about that so-called skill-based matchmaking.

Won three games in a couple hours, plenty of deep runs and over 1000+ damage like half the time.

I was playing with my SO, so I guess it's gotta be a bit harder when solo-queuing, but it's still a LOT more chill than any game in Diamond.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
tempted to grab that Black Friday 25 apex pack bundle, but if i do should i open the packs now or wait till Monday when the new cosmetics drop? on the one hand, there's a stronger chance now for me to get the stuff that i want, on the other hand, said new cosmetics may be pretty good.
man, this is one of the reasons why loot boxes are shitty haha - all this shit up to pure chance. still wanna support Respawn and do like a lot of the cosmetic stuff in the game though.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
tempted to grab that Black Friday 25 apex pack bundle, but if i do should i open the packs now or wait till Monday when the new cosmetics drop? on the one hand, there's a stronger chance now for me to get the stuff that i want, on the other hand, said new cosmetics may be pretty good.
man, this is one of the reasons why loot boxes are shitty haha - all this shit up to pure chance. still wanna support Respawn and do like a lot of the cosmetic stuff in the game though.

Idk how apex works with this, but overwatch "prerolled" boxes so if you sat on them for a long time and they added new things later, you weren't gonna get any of it from them.

Not sure if anyone tested how that works here but it's possible sitting on them might not work.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I opened them straight away. The new cosmetics are gun charms, aren't they? Don't much care for them (funny, it's the sort of thing I got super hyped about when it was announced but I barely notice it when playing). Had pretty good results too, I opened both the 25 and the huge 70 packages also on sale and got about 15 Legendary items.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I am playing in Diamond instead of pubs right now and it's much easier. I couldn't even break the top 15 in pubs last night. I don't remember a single game out of the 10 I played where I had both teammates due damage, always one with 0 or a disconnect. It's not like the champion squad is a sweaty group of predators, usually the stats are terrible for them, but the lobby is full of try hards. Prior to duos coming out I experienced a disconnected teammate maybe once every 10-20 matches. Now? Every other match the team is down to 2 or just me within minutes.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Friends, when does the Black Friday store rotate? I got given some Coins and want to buy the Octane skin but I am away from my console until tomorrow. I am on GMT time.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The game has huge highs and massive lows.

Managed to get 12 kills in a game earlier only to get down and have the two guys that I previously revived run away from a one man team.

Next game I get a zero damage win. Couldn't find a another team and was struggling to find good loot.

Edit: also,I have lots of bloodhound specific challanges to do and I'm finding it really difficult using her. Her Ult adds nothing unless your chasing someone and it takes a couple of seconds to activate so I've been killed more than once while popping it. She desperately needs a buff, perhaps she could have 25% more health while under her ultimate or something.

Last edited:

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Idk how apex works with this, but overwatch "prerolled" boxes so if you sat on them for a long time and they added new things later, you weren't gonna get any of it from them.

Not sure if anyone tested how that works here but it's possible sitting on them might not work.
i tried looking into this but could only find a few reddit posts - some of which claimed that they had earned some packs before the Havoc released and opened them after to find that they were getting Havoc skins, suggesting that they aren't predetermined on purchase. however, that was a while ago so they might have changed things. i'll keep a few packs for Monday and let everyone know if i end up getting charms in them, which should suggest whether the packs are predetermined or not.

edit: shouldn't have even bothered opening any today, out of 10 packs i got 3 epic drops (crafting materials, an eh banner and an okay mastiff skin) and everything else was common and rare. loot boxes suck 😂 keeping hold of the rest of these till Monday for scientific reasons

Last edited:

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Apex is lacking a bit on the 3rd party API side of things. That's why the tracker sites aren't accurate or detailed.

Games like PUBG are way more generous with the data they share. That's why you have 3rd party sites that actually mill through the data and clip when you've killed a Twitch player to get their live streamed reaction. I'd kill for that in Apex...lol.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Game is laggy as hell today, it's not instantly noticeable, but I'm getting shot round corners and I'm putting 2 dozen bullets into dudes only for them to spin round and quick burst me for the win.

I'm over the stupid team mates and respawns shitty matchmaking, I just want it to run well.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Finally finished the LMG headshot challenge. I've got to admit that I'm starting to feel the Spitfire with the 2x/4x scope. The Devotion, on the other hand, is a trash weapon any time outside of the first minute of gameplay.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yeah, Apex is lacking a bit on the 3rd party API side of things. That's why the tracker sites aren't accurate or detailed.

Games like PUBG are way more generous with the data they share. That's why you have 3rd party sites that actually mill through the data and clip when you've killed a Twitch player to get their live streamed reaction. I'd kill for that in Apex...lol.
Yeah better APIs and stuff would be cool, I was actually thinking more on the cosmetic side kinda like StatTrak from CSGO where it physically displays the number of kills you have with that gun on the skin.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There is a big conversation going on at Reddit on skill based matchmaking in casual games. This has plagued my experience on Apex since the start of this season. The squad I play ranked with is not the squad I play casuals with. There's no reason that it should match my casual group at my ranked skill level.

It has made my girlfriend and her friend both basically quit the game because they got sick of being owned. I really hope they revert this feature.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
- Aim the jump for geyser which is the first spot in the ship's trajectory
- Mash square at the end of jump countdown to make sure our team can't waste any time getting to the ground
- I aim for the 3 supply bins closest to tunnel, so my trajectory is a straight vertical line at full speed
- Enemies land at the supply bins A FULL SECOND before I do

Clearly there's some kind of magic pro strat for jumping that eludes me, because that shit happens way too often

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
My take is that soft SBMM is good, but badly implemented it's worse than purely connection based matchmaking. I haven't played enough Apex recently to really comment on the implementation. Anecdotally platinum is still way sweatier than casual for me.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
My take is that soft SBMM is good, but badly implemented it's worse than purely connection based matchmaking. I haven't played enough Apex recently to really comment on the implementation. Anecdotally platinum is still way sweatier than casual for me.

You should play a few casual matches. It's much harder than ranked. I won 3 ranked matches in a row yesterday and I won zero in casual. I'm seeing way more champion squads in casual where they have players with 27000 kills. It's insane.

Casual Apex is going the same route that plagued Overwatch Quick Play and it's ultimately why the game has fallen from #2 on XBL most played to #8. Casual is in a horrible place right now and people are jumping ship. That's my take on it.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'm winning the same in both? Started playing ranked again and it's harder but I can still get wins and kills. Unranked when I'm playing solo and with randoms some matches we are getting between 10-20 total team kill games at times. Also the new trend seems to be not showing all your stats in the banners (especially kill stats). Played with a few that only show their 80+ season wins on a legend.

I played with a friend that doesn't play much and we managed a no kill maybe 200 damage win. I told him to hide in the corner since the inside was trapped out. I have no idea why the team didn't rush unless all doors were out of zone. Honestly it felt good watching them drop one by one. The final collapse he just outlived the other remaining guy from the team. No shame in coaching someone to do that. Viable strat if it's 1 vs 3 and they are worried a full team is inside. Make them come to you.

One thing I've noticed is zone 2 at times seems inconsistent and stronger? I've had some matches we're it just seemed to hit way harder than other matches. It's like you can't even be in it. If it's to prevent campers from hiding in choke points during the storm then I'm all for it. I've seen that in ranked a few times now.

Dropping to 8 on xbl is normal between updates isn't it? It's been awhile since the last content update and people will jump back in. No idea what it's on PSN but all match types start almost instantaneous. I've noticed at the start of the week for the BP challenges I see a spike in my friends list as well playing it. I'm sure it's dropped recently since several games has launched or received decent content updates to pull players away.

Last edited:

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I haven't won a single match in about 2 weeks since duos ended after racking up nearly 100 wins before that. I wonder if this matchmaking switch was intended to slow the progress of the 100+ level folks now that they're rolling out rewards for us every two levels again.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
All I know is that 4 of my ~1.0 k/d brothers/cousins/friends have been winning a lot more games in the past few weeks and asked me if they made the game easier.

I on the other hand have noticed that the game has gotten a bit harder, but not to a point where it's not enjoyable. I can still consistently get top 5 while playing characters I hate for challenges. In fact, I prefer the game with SBMM as the fights are actually fun and more "cerebral", but not campy like late platinum+ ranked is.

On another note: I hate challenge progression for battlepass and miss the old progression system...though it was way too much of a grind, so preferably they'd speed up progression slightly. Or heck, keep daily challenges for XP/battlepass xp boosts and keep the rate almost entirely as it was in Season 1.

Just anything to make the Battle Pass not seem like a list of chores.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Despite the horrible Loot distribution, weird matchmaking and abusive kids, I am still totally and utterly hooked on this game. Switched on my Xbox yesterday for a couple of games that turned into a couple of dozen games. Even managed to carry my team to victory in a couple of them.

Still, it can be super frustrating when your team mates make stupid errors that ultimately result in your death.

It would be good if Respawn add stats for solo players. I often see players with 100+ wins trackers on their banners but 100+ solo wins would be far more impressive.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
made it to battle pass level 110 despite the last few days being full of pretty miserable matches

now just gotta make use of this peacekeeper skin before they inevitably nerf it again

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
My stats have gone way up this season in comparison to 2. I'm at 44 wins for Season 3 which surpassed my Season 2 total with 500-600 less games played(Season 3 winning percentage at 10%). My K/D is also positive this season vs last(sitting at a 1.26).

Not sure if the SBMM is just benefitting me because I was lower ranked or what but I feel like nothing changed for me between seasons in terms of casual match difficulty. I solo queue and I've maybe played 2 games of ranked total.

Status
Not open for further replies.