• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
You should play a few casual matches. It's much harder than ranked. I won 3 ranked matches in a row yesterday and I won zero in casual. I'm seeing way more champion squads in casual where they have players with 27000 kills. It's insane.
I have. Maybe the reason why ranked is significantly more difficult for me is that I'm the highest out of my group and it only takes my rank into account (godawful system btw). If casual averages the team, that could explain why it's easier.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My stats have gone way up this season in comparison to 2. I'm at 44 wins for Season 3 which surpassed my Season 2 total with 500-600 less games played(Season 3 winning percentage at 10%). My K/D is also positive this season vs last(sitting at a 1.26).

Not sure if the SBMM is just benefitting me because I was lower ranked or what but I feel like nothing changed for me between seasons in terms of casual match difficulty. I solo queue and I've maybe played 2 games of ranked total.

You seem to be in the group that's benefitting from it, and I wish I could say the same.

For me, it is a much worse experience.
Although my average damage has remained consistent (547->545), my KDR has dropped significantly (2.18->2.02).

My win percentage (8.18->6.98) and top 5 percentage (28.58->24.58) have dropped significantly too, suggesting my squad mates are having a rougher time.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
gone from 10 levels a week to not bothering with playing anymore. Game is just a fucking chore right now.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Have they made changes to the match-making in response to the conplaints? These last couple of days I've been consistently getting good teammates.

Like, at least 1000 kills, 20+ wins teammates.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing other games lately, so I haven't had as much time to play Apex, but when I do it's almost always with a buddy who is around my general skill level, just a bit lower. Apex is in a weird spot between the sbmm in the normal queue, and the ranked league. We can't play the ranked mode because i hit diamond while he's still plat. I have no intention of hitting Apex Predator tier, but I can't even try to help my buddy hit diamond tie because if we play together then we just go up against diamond players and apex predators. Diamond matches just aren't fun. There's no action for minutes at a time, and then someone sees you. If the highly coordinated, and skilled, squad doesn't wipe you in a second, then you get into a protracted battle. Any battle that lasts more than a second basically invites the rest of the lobby to pounce, and you die to a fifth-partying. It sucks to see my buddy lose all his points without even getting a slight boost for trying to survive in these anti-fun lobbies.

...and then you get the normal queue with its sbmm. We just end up going against plat/diamond/apex predator players anyway, and while it is a bit easier, we always get stuck with some random that is nowhere near our level. So it boils down to my buddy and I taking on squads that are balanced out skill-wise, and then, inevitably, taking on all the other balanced squads that swoop in for the third party finish. There just isn't a consistently fun way to play this game right now, so I'm not surprised to see it's been slipping a bit on the xbox charts.

The duo queue was a good medium between the playlists, and was probably the best way to play the game in terms of getting loot, dealing with the third parties, etc. I miss the mode. I also miss being in plat. Idk it just sucks that there's no way for my buddy and i to play this game that we both like

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I've been playing other games lately, so I haven't had as much time to play Apex, but when I do it's almost always with a buddy who is around my general skill level, just a bit lower. Apex is in a weird spot between the sbmm in the normal queue, and the ranked league. We can't play the ranked mode because i hit diamond while he's still plat. I have no intention of hitting Apex Predator tier, but I can't even try to help my buddy hit diamond tie because if we play together then we just go up against diamond players and apex predators. Diamond matches just aren't fun. There's no action for minutes at a time, and then someone sees you. If the highly coordinated, and skilled, squad doesn't wipe you in a second, then you get into a protracted battle. Any battle that lasts more than a second basically invites the rest of the lobby to pounce, and you die to a fifth-partying. It sucks to see my buddy lose all his points without even getting a slight boost for trying to survive in these anti-fun lobbies.

...and then you get the normal queue with its sbmm. We just end up going against plat/diamond/apex predator players anyway, and while it is a bit easier, we always get stuck with some random that is nowhere near our level. So it boils down to my buddy and I taking on squads that are balanced out skill-wise, and then, inevitably, taking on all the other balanced squads that swoop in for the third party finish. There just isn't a consistently fun way to play this game right now, so I'm not surprised to see it's been slipping a bit on the xbox charts.

The duo queue was a good medium between the playlists, and was probably the best way to play the game in terms of getting loot, dealing with the third parties, etc. I miss the mode. I also miss being in plat. Idk it just sucks that there's no way for my buddy and i to play this game that we both like
Not an ideal solution but you can log in with another user and team with him, then you will play at his skill level. And I was wondering if Plats and Predators were still like that, I used to watch Shroud before this season and all matches were just how you described and he was clearly not having fun. I wonder if people use Crypto in those high rankings? Did his introduction affect the game in any way?

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Not an ideal solution but you can log in with another user and team with him, then you will play at his skill level. And I was wondering if Plats and Predators were still like that, I used to watch Shroud before this season and all matches were just how you described and he was clearly not having fun. I wonder if people use Crypto in those high rankings? Did his introduction affect the game in any way?
Yes, Crypto is used, but not as much as season 2's Wattson, which was just about everywhere.

Wraith and Pathfinder, though, are still in every other squad.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Bought the Bloodhound Edition physical copy and then used the 1000 Apex Coins to buy the two Legendary Packs off the Black Friday sale. Got the Octane finisher and a RE-45 skin off of the packs so a total of four legendaries slots that I had not previously filled. Not bad.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to get home and open my 14 free packs tonight. More whites than a Donald Trump rally.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to get home and open my 14 free packs tonight. More whites than a Donald Trump rally.
ha, no kidding! i opened 15 of the 25 Black Friday packs i bought and the best i got was 4 epics (only two of which were skins), with everything else white and occasionally blue - despite the stated odds suggesting better. just been really unlucky with the packs this season. loot boxes are great 🤷‍♂️

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

This is the wall I think my brother and I are hitting. We started off playing ranked together this season, but because he had a bit more free time than I (and is a great deal better than me skill wise as well), he solo joined ranked lobbies and is now at Diamond 4, while I am at Platinum 3. I am now losing points because Diamond lobbies are joined with Apex Predators and it's just not fun either.

And now even when we play casuals we're running into Predator/Diamond teams all the time. I miss Duos so much now...

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Well we know the bugs that released patches have caused so it may be for the best if they caught something and delayed this.

Strange some are still getting an update but maybe it's something small that was supposed to be within the larger update but can be released early.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Welp!

I actually called the delay earlier with a friend. I was only half joking but it's weird that it actually happened.

Was hoping to gain some levels tonight, looks like we're playing something else.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Wait, we are getting free packs? Is it for everyone or did we have to do anything?

I spent some of my points (whatever they are called) yesterday and bought 2 skins, for Triple Take (havent used one in game yet, unlucky yday) and for the R-301 that looks great as a skin in the menus but in game when looking down sights it legit look like a PS2 era thing, badly modeled, no reflections, just an almost plain matte look. At least looking down sights isnt bad like in other legendary skins (doesnt get in the way).

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

Hello, legends!
Respawn has released an update for Apex Legends. This is a client update, so you are required to download the update.
The patch it currently LIVE for PC! Respawn will provide an ETA for the console update soon!
Notes below from Respawn.
PROGRESSION UPDATE
TL;DR - Player Level Progression Changes. Read the full notes here.
  • Player Level cap increased from 100 -> 500
    • XP required to hit level 100 has been reduced by approximately 5% to smooth out per level XP increases
  • Players can now earn 199 Apex Packs by level 500 (previously 45)
    • Level 2 - 20: One pack every level
    • Level 22 - 300: One pack every two levels
    • Level 305 - 500: One pack every five levels
    • You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level
    • Apex Packs rewards will be retroactive
  • Players will also earn a Player Level Gun Charm every 100 Player Levels
NEW GUN CHARMS!
  • 36 new Gun Charms are going into Apex Packs at Epic and Legendary tier.
  • Gun charms will also appear in the Rotating Shop for players who prefer direct purchase.
THE PEACEKEEPER
We've heard feedback loud and clear that the Peacekeeper is still feeling too powerful after latest changes. We are working to push out more tweaks to address it ASAP and will post details on timing and what those changes will be soon.
QUALITY OF LIFE
  • Helmets and armor should now be more colorblind compatible and appear slightly more vibrant - please let us know if this improves the experience for you!
  • Added on/off setting that determines if taking damage while looting a deathbox closes the menu. You can toggle this in the Gameplay section of settings.
  • Improvements to final circle locations to help bad end locations and provide more variety.
  • Players that have auto-sprint enabled can now sprint out of a slide by using L3.
  • Added inspect animation for Lifeline's Heirloom.
  • Fixed bug where "Thank you" key became unbound. It's now back to its original default: "F1".
  • [PC ONLY] Fixed issue where using any arrow key after selecting a number field in the settings would jump to the next option instead of changing the selected value.
  • Gold Armor spawn rate has been reduced.
  • Players will now receive a prompt allowing them to cancel Finishers in progress.
BUG FIXES
  • Fixed bug where other players would appear to be in the wrong Rank (e.g. they are actually Apex Predator but appear Bronze IV)
  • Bunch of bug fixes to World's Edge related to collision, geometry, supply bins spawning in bad areas, and cases where loot couldn't be picked up in certain areas near Geyser.
  • Fixed bug where sometimes the Respawn Dropship would be silent when arriving.
  • Fixed bug where Bangalore would reference the Skullpiecer hop-up when pinging a Wingman.
  • Fixed issue where player banner would appear off center in the match summary / squad eliminated screens.
  • Fixed a visual bug where the progress bars for Shield Cells and Phoenix Kits appeared desaturated and hard to read.
  • Fixed bug where players were able to instantly revive in certain locations.
  • Fixed bug for rare cases where a player was unable to revive a teammate while outside the Ring.
  • Fixed bug where the visual FX for the knockdown shield would remain visible after being destroyed by an enemy.
  • Fixed bug where equipping the EVA-8 Auto Shotgun Double Tap hop-up would remove the rate of fire increase from equipped shotgun bolt.
  • Fixed bug where some Legends would relay incorrect "ability not ready" sound FX when trying to activate an ability that was still on cooldown.
  • Fixed a visual bug where sometimes when a Legend starts using a Shield Cell it causes their weapon to appear to be briefly floating past their arm.
  • Fixed bug where sometimes the Train's lead car would detach from the rest of the Train after a player stops and then starts it back up.
  • Fixed bug for cases where players could get crushed by the Train while standing near the back of the front car.
  • Fixed bug where Legend's faces would appear distorted in third person during matches and while browsing inventory.
  • Fixed issues with corrupted graphics and frame drops that we found were related to detonating ordnance in certain locations causing object to trigger bad pixels.
  • Fixed bug for cases where flying Crypto's Drone near the Train can cause Crypto to move around without player input.
  • Fixed a bug where Crypto's tactical hud looked like it was stuck recharging until you used it.
  • Fixed bug for cases where a deathbox would not come to rest on stairs and players were unable to retrieve the player's Banner Card.
UPDATE TO KNOCKDOWN SHIELDS
  • KO shield protection now extends over and behind the player's head.
  • Changes to Shield health
    • Common [gray]: 100hp -> 200hp
    • Rare [blue]: 250hp -> 450hp
  • Player movement speed while KO Shield is active reduced: .65 -> .55
FIRING RANGE
  • Friendly fire is now supported! You can toggle it off and on in the setting menu. The option only appears if more than one player is in the Firing Range with you.
  • [PC ONLY] Fixed cases where players could not enter the Firing Range.
  • Fixed various issues related to players in other realms affecting each other in Firing Range including:
    • Seeing other Legends abilities and animations that are not in your realm.
    • Invisible zip lines.
LEGENDS
  • Wattson's Trophy System
    • The trophy system is now significantly more aggressive in the way it shoots down grenades. Rather than just identifying between incoming and outgoing projectiles, it now predicts the trajectory of grenades thrown within the interception zone and intercepts them if they will land anywhere within that zone. This means that no grenade can contact any surface within the interception zone regardless of team, but players can fire grenades outwards from anywhere within the zone.
Also, feel free to check out the original post about this patch!

Canceling Finishers is gonna be some fun baiting.

Also
z573k7elmg241.jpg
BP Skin!!!

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't see a fix for the skin glitch in the character selection screen in those notes.

And they've tweaked the knockdown shields but left the level 4 untouched? That thing is useless and only serves as beacon for other players to thirst you asap.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda odd that some legends Ults can be detrimental (Caustic) and even damage teammates (Bangalore & Gibraltar); however they somewhat make Wattsons ult stronger and not effect the team...? It would be rare a team member is going to throw a grenade at the trajectory to land where her ult is set up to help them.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
awww yiss can't wait to rip open these 14 apex packs and get stat-trackers awwww yissssss this is living

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see a fix for Crypto's bug where your drone can't be moved for a random amount of time. It gets sort of stuck when you enter drone mode sometimes, e.g. a split second other times immediate use and other times over 1 second before you can move the drone. Annoying.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
wait

• Fixed bug where equipping the EVA-8 Auto Shotgun Double Tap hop-up would remove the rate of fire increase from equipped shotgun bolt.

woah. Didn't realize that was bugged, that could be really damn good.

Duraigo

Nov 28, 2017
I don't know what has happened, but for the last week my online connection has been in the trash for this game. Being in the home menu or in game results in small hitches occurring. The game will just freeze for a second before resuming normally, and these hitches occur every ten seconds or so. I've tried switching data centers at the start menu, but that hasn't worked at all. Looking online some suggest doing port forwarding for Apex. Would any of you recommend this solution?

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
The Christmas skins that leaked are awesome.

cxgsa099fh241.jpg

uoq3psoqfh241.jpg

Winter Express Train Event confirmed:

s43237sl7h241.png

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Character select skin bug is still in :/

Also, not sure if it's just me but performance for me on PC tanked with this patch

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda odd that some legends Ults can be detrimental (Caustic) and even damage teammates (Bangalore & Gibraltar); however they somewhat make Wattsons ult stronger and not effect the team...? It would be rare a team member is going to throw a grenade at the trajectory to land where her ult is set up to help them.

My squad always complains about this when I play either Caustic or Bang. Makes zero sense that their ults affect the team. Especially Caustic's ult where they can't see and also slows them down along with the enemy team.

Dropping to 8 on xbl is normal between updates isn't it? It's been awhile since the last content update and people will jump back in. No idea what it's on PSN but all match types start almost instantaneous. I've noticed at the start of the week for the BP challenges I see a spike in my friends list as well playing it. I'm sure it's dropped recently since several games has launched or received decent content updates to pull players away.

True but as of today Apex is down to #9 on XBL. I think people are feeling the effects of the SBMM changes, whether they realize that's the reason or not, and are reverting back to their old favorite games again because Apex just isn't nearly as fun as it was a month ago. I've even considered taking some time off the game after I finish the BP this week and this is easily my favorite game in the past few years. Only thing that's come close was Blackout, Overwatch and Titanfall 1 for me.

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
These skins are pretty sweet! Mirage looks awesome. Hoping they show Lifeline some love. I saw some people tweeting that they might bring back DUOS/SOLOS for this upcoming holiday event in addition to the new train event. I think that will generate some more excitement, and satisfy all those people who want to play those modes.

I hope they figure out the SBMM soon. Have they addressed it at all? I've been playing ranked exclusively because I CANNOT handle the sweat that has overtaken PUBS. It's a damn shame.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure a beacon shines into the air that can be seen for 100 miles when i open the vault. No matter how much i check a team jumps me as soon as i'm in.

I kinda wish that they had 2 exits

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Sort of annoyed the update didn't drop on the console, I don't want to waste challenges and BP level ups until I'm getting credit for those with packs after we're reset. Anything I do now is just going to be lost as far as additional packs. It's a good time to do it though, SBMM is absolute garbage right now. Who wants the game to get more difficult the more you play and improve? It went too far. I've got a level 50 character my kids play on and I went over on that profile and was right back to 10+ kills 2k damages and 10% win percentage. On my regular account I haven't won a game in 100 matches.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017

Which makes sense?

It always seems like a bad faith argument when people claim SBMM leads to an exodus of players. The majority of people don't suddenly start losing more. The majority start losing less. Respawns aside there are a finite amount of kills per game and if a great player's KD goes down, a majority of regular peoples goes up. The only people leaving are the ones who were addicted to stomping and whose leaving increases balance for everyone else

"I want a game where if I get good I win a majority of the time"

Any complaints about SBMM are just an attempt to preserve that and not a genuine argument promoting the good of the playerbase majority

Apokalipz

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Is it just me or does it take forever to find a ranked match on PC? I tend to get in them pretty quickly on Xbox.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Had been putting off playing until I'd actually get rewarded with loot for doing so, as it should have been a month after launch. Well done to the member of Respawn that was blocking that easy decision for pretty much an entire calendar year. They've really done everything they could to turn this successful game into a crater it feels like.

Edit: Looks like the console patch is out, PS4 at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.