• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Of course in my first game I get destroyed by a Gibby that pops a dome revives his team mate and sponges 4 clean mastiff shots.....

....I'm just salty becuase my man Mirage gets no love

Last edited:

Juan

Oct 28, 2017

xm2hwtiptsl53wfywaia61icpk389q7cg84adssndmibt7vdn7m69uo1lyj0878n.jpg.pagespeed.ic.imagenes-memes-fotos-frases-graciosas-chistosas-divertidas-risa-chida-espa%C3%B1ol-whatsapp-facebook.jpg

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Squeezed in a few games of Gold Duos. My thoughts.
  • Lifeline is near worthless in this game mode. Damage is too over the top. Choose Gibby.
  • Only Gold versions of normal weapons count towards the damage challenge. Have fun fighting with the regular stuff against Krabs, Mastiffs and L-Stars.
  • The devs forgot the Triple Take when they removed the energy magazines. Triple Take is set at its former default size of 5. It was already a bad weapon and they made it worse.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Gibraltar needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine
when Gibraltar is not in a squad, all of the other characters should be asking "where's Gibby?"

Edit:
datamined character art:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Squeezed in a few games of Gold Duos. My thoughts.
  • Lifeline is near worthless in this game mode. Damage is too over the top. Choose Gibby.
  • Only Gold versions of normal weapons count towards the damage challenge. Have fun fighting with the regular stuff against Krabs, Mastiffs and L-Stars.
  • The devs forgot the Triple Take when they removed the energy magazines. Triple Take is set at its former default size of 5. It was already a bad weapon and they made it worse.

Yeah that damage thing is frustrating. I just tried playing with a Kraber, did loads of damage, and got no damage to the challenge.

This mode would be a lot more fun if the care package drop weapons were more sparse.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
So G7 and the SBMM tuning for solo vs premade didn't happen today? Good on one, bad on the other. I guess it'll be with season 4.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Firstly Gilbralter did not need a buff. He was already one of the stand out OP characters in this season.

And I hate that they removed extended energy mags. The Havoc was my jam.

Thank the lord for this

Fixed the bug where a squadmate selects a character in Legend Select and the Legend is not displaying the skin that is currently equipped by the player.

Designer notes: We know that the removal of energy mags seems a bit odd, but it will make much more sense with the release of Season 4! It takes a while to make the bigger changes you see in the new season updates, and we generally make sure to filter out these changes from preceding mid-season updates. This time we made a mistake and shipped a change that wasn't intended to go live until Season 4.

Not sure what this means, but you may be happier soon.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
First match of the duos mode and I get something like 4 or 5 kills but 3.1k damage. I was alone against the last duo who both had gold armors, kept cracking them but couldn't get a knock and eventually lost.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The old loot crate stuck in the door. Firstly bumped my head and couldn't get in the door under fie, then couldn't loot the gold box and then tried smashing the door only for it to hover in place still. Good times.

Also these little lag/latency spikes that make enemies skip around at the worst possible time happen to often (near the end of clip).

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me I cannot use the kraber at all.

Are footstep noises just turned off full stop now? I can't hear a fucking thing now.

Man almost every round reminds me why I stopped playing this at the end of the battle pass. I just kind of hate it now. And the performance is still a pain in the ass in the city areas. Don't drop frames but it's super unstable feeling. Wraiths hitbox is never going to be a non game breaking size. Audio will always be fucked. You'll always be unable to see what the fuck you're firing at due to muzzle flash. Think I need a looong break from this game.

Last edited:

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's weird that you can buy some of the event skins with crafting mats but not all.

Crypto and Bangalore skins are available using crafting mats but the rest are not so far. Bought the bang skin with the mats as it's her first good one in awhile.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
It's weird that you can buy some of the event skins with crafting mats but not all.

Crypto and Bangalore skins are available using crafting mats but the rest are not so far. Bought the bang skin with the mats as it's her first good one in awhile.

It's just the epic ones you can craft, I believe. They've been added to the loot pool for day to day apex packs too and you'll be able to unlock and craft them after the event. The rest of the skins are event-only.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
The legendariea on the right hand pane are buyable and the left aren't I believe but you have to go into the characters page to use materials.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
I jumped back into this after not having played it for ages. The player base sure has dropped off. It used to take me a few seconds to get into a match. Now I can't seem to find 1 single match. Bummer. :(

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I jumped back into this after not having played it for ages. The player base sure has dropped off. It used to take me a few seconds to get into a match. Now I can't seem to find 1 single match. Bummer. :(

In North America I can find matches in seconds just like it's always been. It's also jumped up to #7 on XBL most played so it's definitely not a population issue. What region are you in?

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
First game of GRD, teammate quits before we land, this shit is too much even for casual. I know putting in some kind of timeout/penalty for casual might be harsh, but how about adding a level of squad matchmaking that factors in quit percentage too so all the quitters can be stuck with each other.

Unfortunately the timing for this event sucks as I will be at PAX South, but at least I will be able to participate in the final 2-3 modes.

With that buff looks like my days as a Lifeline main are numbered, guess I should spend more time with Gibraltar.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
there's some weird stuff going on with sprint cancelling itself or Gib's shield flickering between on and off if the pressure on the trigger changes slightly

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hunkered down and hit Diamond finally. Pred seems like it would just take too long, but it really is funny when you wait most of the season to try ranked. Blast through some of the easiest games of your life.

The dashboarding issue is absolutely crazy too. Saw teams do it constantly, and once I hit diamond and split to have randoms I kept getting loss forgiveness due to them ALWAYS doing it. Had a pred enemy down me at match start after killing his teammate, whiffed 6 times with a triple take close range, then got downed and dashboarded out. There are so many frauds, lol.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
6eQPgFD.png

I quit playing Apex 3 months ago (mostly because I moved house at the time and got caught up with other things). So that's a lot of time to have spent between when Apex launched and October last year.

Apex is listed twice because I played on a mix of the UK and Canadian client.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I accidentally started a game in normal 3 man mode earlier and the champion was a level 2 pathfinder who ended up winning the game with 16 kills. It seems i'm getting placed against lower level players (but obviously i came against a smurf account in this case).

I was massively skeptical about this update, but i appreciate the easy to obtain Lifeline skin and i'm enjoying Duos.

Still not particularly happy about the Gibby Nerf, he was already one of most powerful characters, especially on this map! Characters that i thought needed a slight buff (Bloodhound and Mirage)have been left untouched.

I'm actually looking forward to see what next season brings, i hope they bring back an updated KC into rotation rather than go with one map and i really hope they announce a much shorter season with at least 2 new characters.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Not feeling the new duos, weapons are hard to come by and it's essentially a Kraber fest.

Last edited:

Cammington

Oct 27, 2017
there's some weird stuff going on with sprint cancelling itself or Gib's shield flickering between on and off if the pressure on the trigger changes slightly

I noticed this last night when my sprints and slides kept cancelling. Thought it was just a poor connection at first but then I noticed the same thing with Gibby's shields

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I dont like the new mode much, its almost a sniper and shotgun only thing. So you are getting destroyed from close and long range, perfect for campers. Only played enough to get those easy achievements. Gonna skip today and play tomorrow.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I kinda have to assume there's a bigger balance passover happening at S4 launch.

I dont like the new mode much, its almost a sniper and shotgun only thing. So you are getting destroyed from close and long range, perfect for campers. Only played enough to get those easy achievements. Gonna skip today and play tomorrow.

Yeah, I never realized just how many gold weapons happened to be snipers.

Plus landing hot and having said snipers vs. someone picking up a mastiff kinda sucks. Holy shit the triple take sucks.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I accidentally started a game in normal 3 man mode earlier and the champion was a level 2 pathfinder who ended up winning the game with 16 kills. It seems i'm getting placed against lower level players (but obviously i came against a smurf account in this case).

I was massively skeptical about this update, but i appreciate the easy to obtain Lifeline skin and i'm enjoying Duos.

Still not particularly happy about the Gibby Nerf, he was already one of most powerful characters, especially on this map! Characters that i thought needed a slight buff (Bloodhound and Mirage)have been left untouched.

I'm actually looking forward to see what next season brings, i hope they bring back an updated KC into rotation rather than go with one map and i really hope they announce a much shorter season with at least 2 new characters.
What free lifeline skin? You don't mean mirage do you?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
It was confirmed the next weapon release is energy as well wasn't it? Thought I read the volt would be it. Most likely something around that gun is why energy clips was removed. At this point it would probably create a limit on energy ammo if everyone is running energy guns with extended mag clips.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It was confirmed the next weapon release is energy as well wasn't it? Thought I read the volt would be it. Most likely something around that gun is why energy clips was removed. At this point it would probably create a limit on energy ammo if everyone is running energy guns with extended mag clips.

I would've thought it'd be the CAR SMG since that was so hugely popular in Titanfall 1 and 2. Great hip fire SMG.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah seems like we're about to get an energy SMG, which is good. I don't mind them getting rid of extended energy mags, except I wish they would have also bumped the clip size for the triple take to 6 to compensate.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Right, so the Volt is cool (the CAR is still my favorite, though). The most precise SMG of Titanfall should make it possible to run it along with another SMG or a shotgun. Plus we could always use more energy weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.