• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Fuck me I hate super aggressive people in this game. I hate it when I'm being chased down by other teams into situations that get us both killed and I hate it when my team mates run off towards enemies while I'm healing or when the timing is all wrong. It's really putting me off the game, and it totally spoils ranked.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Been back into this lately, it is such a fun game. Probably the most enjoyable free to play game I've ever played.

While I understand some of the frustrations being called out here (and going only three pages back, holy crap, there are a lot), I try to give other players a lot of slack as long as they aren't being trash in voice chat. There are a lot of young players or people in general who just don't know what they are doing, and that's currently just how it is with solo queueing. With such a wide skill gap, it is impossible to avoid unless you always group with friends. They really need to add solo and duo modes.

The new map is /amazing/. So much better for long range gun fights. The city and the rooftops make for some much longer, more resource-intensive fights. The scout, longbow, and triple take are much more useful here. I think the scout is my favorite gun at the moment.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
So sick of the bullshit in this game. The amount of times I've shot first by a significant amount of time only to get downed in two shots is fucking stupid.

And don't even get me started on that garbage Shadowfall mode. What a disappointment.

Fix the game Respawn.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Got 6 wins today with my buddy including a ranked win where I netted 200+ RP after getting 9 kills. Epic. I could not get a win to save my life yesterday and here we are.

I've reached a point where the map is no longer a barrier and I fully understand where each area is including the pitfalls around it. New favorite places to drop include Skyhook, Drill Site and Overlook.

This game is unstoppable man.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah, a lot of the great players can shoot their way out of bad rotations and map positioning to the point where they don't even think about it during a pubstomp. Not all that useful for someone actually trying to learn.

For mere mortals, I'd say a big factor for improving would be positioning and rotations. Always be keenly aware of where you are on the map and if you'd be in a better position to win a gunfight than the other team if they stumbled upon you. Don't loiter around in the low ground of an area, and always think about your movement as cover-to-cover.

That, and constantly be considering the best way to enter the next ring to be an advantageous position for your next rotation. Very rarely is a b-line directly into the next ring going to put you in the best spot on the map. So many bad players just let the ring ride their backs and let it dictate their rotation. It forces you into poor scenarios you wouldn't be in if you give yourself ample time to rotate if possible. As soon as you see the next ring, start thinking about your path into the best position inside of it and relay your thinking to your teammates.

Maybe that's all common sense, but I think it helps a lot to keep it at the forefront of your thinking during the match.
This so much.

Before S3, the guys I play with would grind my gears with their "ring skirting" tactics. They felt they could get the advantage by staying just at the edge the entire time, sweeping up and closing in little by little. Suffice to say, matches were super boring and rarely resulted in a win (that never felt satisfying because we lamed the rest of the game).

Then came World's Edge, and with it the increased travel distance, ring movement speed and ring damage.
I was so happy when we got melted by the ring in our first few games, because it convinced the whole squad that we need to play "hotter" and more pro-actively, and generally gain experience by staying on the move and getting into more gunfights.

Now we actually have fun, can make some informed calls, deal some decent damage and get some kills. Feels good even if we don't get the W.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Here's something I didn't even think of trying but my mate executed to perfection. Getting chased by a team and their Crypto further chases with a drone to EMP, mate drops his armour on the ground while getting EMP'd and then picks it back up to keep his 2 out of 3 blue bars intact. Tiny slice of amazing gameplay.

We were getting nailed team after team last night, still had fun but we had some poor games last night, hey that's BR style games for ya.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
no matter how much i play, how much i want it to be, season 3s map just isn't enjoyable. playing the Halloween event really reminded me how much better the previous seasons map was

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Yea I'm not really feeling World's Edge since I'm trying to go for high damage/kills and I go sometimes up to 5 min without seeing any enemies. I wouldn't mind a similar map that's smaller.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So sick of the bullshit in this game. The amount of times I've shot first by a significant amount of time only to get downed in two shots is fucking stupid.

And don't even get me started on that garbage Shadowfall mode. What a disappointment.

Fix the game Respawn.

As much as I enjoy the game the thoughts here matched mine from last night

I'm going to put it down to some sort of hidden lag, but I've never seen so much bullshit. I was killed through walls more than once and insta killed by players that I'd tagged for at least 100 damage before they pulled the trigger.

And Shadow fall is probably the most unenjoyable version of infected I've ever played. It does not suit a fast game like this at all.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Getting sick of garbage players dropping hot and quitting. There needs to be penalties for quit in every mode, and make them more severe

Last edited:

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
no matter how much i play, how much i want it to be, season 3s map just isn't enjoyable. playing the Halloween event really reminded me how much better the previous seasons map was

Season 3 is a load of shit in terms of map, rank point system basically created a log jam of people in gold (easy to make gold, hard to leave it), weird instant kill lag...energy rifle is bullshit. Shields and high ttk has never made any game better , all I do is break shields, over and over, it's a reload battle not a br

Nee map would play good for solos . This game needs solos so bad.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Man, it sucks when you defeat squad after squad and then when you finally move towards the final ring, a squad is sitting there with the map position advantage.. and you can't do anything. sigh ... :(
You hate getting taken out by someone who is just sitting on a ledge with cover while you're trying to run into the final circle. T_T

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got 16 kills solo yesterday when one team mate quit and the other ran off by themselves and promptly died. Used my drone to get the drop on people and clean up via third partying. That was a ton of fun. Shit, I'd settle for a no fill option for squads lol.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I got 16 kills solo yesterday when one team mate quit and the other ran off by themselves and promptly died. Used my drone to get the drop on people and clean up via third partying. That was a ton of fun. Shit, I'd settle for a no fill option for squads lol.

It can be fun running solo! I used to play that mode in pubg that allowed you to drop solo in 4 man squads. Fights were way more exciting than solos.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Sometimes i prefer solo, I know my son and I have won more games when the 3rd man has quit than if they stick around just due to us playing a lot more cautiously and not having to risk retrieving a heavily camped banner.

I'd love it if Respawn changed the reward system to encourage team play. It's infuriating to reward people for kills and hot dropping into populated areas while ignoring easily implemented challenges such as 'Revive X players in solo queue' and 'Kill X enemies that have done damage to a team mate'

They had a chance to promote teamwork with the battlepass, and they fucked it up.

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
One of my weekly challenges is make it to top 5 in ranked mode. Seeing that I have never played ranked I was somewhat hesitant. I enjoy pub matches and never really felt inclined to try ranked. Because I want to complete all these challenges I thought I should try it. First game I got paired up with a Crypto. Just me and this dude - no third. Ended up winning the game and getting 9 kills. My teammate was a champ and revived me twice (thank you). I quickly let my husband know that we should play ranked because it was the first time I had ever shot at someone standing COMPLETELY still. lol. It actually surprised me. We ended up getting 3 wins throughout the night and ranked up a few times. It was a lot of fun seeing that we don't usually get multiple wins a night.

I'm starting to really enjoy this new map. At first I wasn't too keen on it but it has grown on me. We tend to land hot. It has forced us to get better with looting and shooting (amigos). I highly recommend it. I think being more aggressive is beneficial. Now, don't go running like a buffoon leaving your teammates behind but also, don't be afraid to attack when everyone is ready to do so. We usually set a ping and attack as a team. Sometimes we'll be paired up with a teammate that elects to just run off on his/her own which is unfortunate but most of the time, our teammate tends to stick around with us. Maybe it's because we're usually close to one another throughout the match. Our comms have also improved. The screaming... let me rephrase, I don't scream as much anymore. lol.

Yes, the third partying will happen and yes, you'll get the occasional dumb dumb teammate but as a whole, the game is a lot of fun. I think it's even more enjoyable because I get to play it alongside my partner. It's the first BR we've played together and have had success in. I hope it continues to grow and improve.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Very interested to see what the first major map change is going to be. I predict something happening to Drill Site at some point.

It would cool to have one of the city areas blown up too with some fallen buildings.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well.....shit. I've just been matched with the best player I've ever seen. I got killed with 200 damage and zero kills and the guy smashed a 14 kill 3000 damage solo win like it was easy.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I'm afraid sometimes we complain a bit too much thus making the vibe of this thread very negative and unwelcoming, while I'm pretty sure we still very much enjoy the game overall. I swear, I have fun playing Apex, it's not all bad! :'D
The bitching in this thread is completely out of control IMO. The way some people post in here, they really should quit and find a new game. It makes it so I don't even want to read the thread.

I play this game almost every day. I still love it and my positive experiences with random players far outweigh the negative. It's not even close.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Had a pretty bad streak for pretty much the past week where I was basically capable of only getting one kill at best in every match, but in the past couple of days I've been able to pick up around eight wins while getting decent kills. That's the turbulence I've come to expect from this game, lmao. I've gotten better at using Crypto and his ult; he's fun.

Also decided to directly purchase the Lifeline event skin for 800 crafting metals and got 600 back in a BP crate not long after, so this game's being uncharacteristically nice to me.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The bitching in this thread is completely out of control IMO. The way some people post in here, they really should quit and find a new game. It makes it so I don't even want to read the thread.

I play this game almost every day. I still love it and my positive experiences with random players far outweigh the negative. It's not even close.

I suppose so (and I take part of the blame too, my posts haven't been all happy either). Not sure what to do to make it change though, I feel people are legitimate to express grievances and just vent out. I wouldn't mind people posting more clips of their proudest moments more, that's always a nice things to share!

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I played one match earlier as Gibraltar and got five kills (including a kill with his ult) and was kill leader

that was cool

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Here's a legit gripe: The new mastiff skin from the halloween event is amazing, but I see that gun once every 20 drops maybe, so I have not even picked it up yet lol.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

+1000. Glad someone finally said it.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Still having a lot of fun with the game. At the point where if I'm solo I just play ranked too. I really want some of those event items but I haven't tried the mode yet/don't care to lol.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I relate to the shadows not winning complaints. I've had most of my Ws from zombie wins on Xbox.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Finally closing in on Diamond, it's happening.

Wondering if I should give up ranked after reaching it. There's obviously more than enough time to try to reach Predator, but it's crazy how I'm getting so fewer wins compared to last season. Maybe one every couple of days now at best. Thank God for the new placement/kill/assist system.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Is it still ok to be negative in here?.....

There's a certain rock near certain tunnel which I won't highlight that you can get inside of and still fire out.

I was killed this morning by someone inside it, so the next game I tried it myself and got straight in just by walking up to it.

I don't normally hang there anyway, but it was frustrating.

Im not normally into hot dropping, but my favourite place to drop is the far northwest side of Capitol. Everyone seems to drop to the two big buildings to the Southwest so we normally have time to loot up there and not be too far from any circles.

My least favourite place to drop is Tree. Every single time I drop there we instantly have at least 2 other teams with us.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

There's a certain rock near certain tunnel which I won't highlight that you can get inside of and still fire out.

I was killed this morning by someone inside it, so the next game I tried it myself and got straight in just by walking up to it.

Im not normally into hot dropping, but my favourite place to drop is the far northwest side of Capitol. Everyone seems to drop to the two big buildings to the Southwest so we normally have time to loot up there and not be too far from any circles.

My least favourite place to drop is Tree. Every single time I drop there we instantly have at least 2 other teams with us.

Interesting. This rock could help me get to Apex Predator...

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

someone posted about this early in the season. Don't worry. It'll get patched in a few weeks like most issues users have been talking about.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
hey guys what options do I have to turn on, and my buddies have to turn on to make sure we ALL get our audio recorded when I record gameplay on ps4?

I have done some with my brother and we both appear on the recording via ps4 share, but with other friends, you can only hear me in the recordings

thanks

Nixonomics

Dec 6, 2018
hey guys what options do I have to turn on, and my buddies have to turn on to make sure we ALL get our audio recorded when I record gameplay on ps4?

I have done some with my brother and we both appear on the recording via ps4 share, but with other friends, you can only hear me in the recordings

thanks

I'm not 100% - but I believe all your friends have to go into "party settings" and allow "voice to be shared", or something similar to that. There's a setting you have to enable that allows your voice to be recorded or broadcast.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Does this legendary R99 have some kind of advantage to it? https://progameguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/apex-legends-r-99-outlands-avalanche-1.jpg

I used it the other day after picking it up from someone else. I swear to god the thing felt better to aim and shoot with. It's also the one Nice Wigg uses.
Similar to the Death Ray styled wingman, it has a different ADS that gives more vision. Someone had a better sure by side comparison, but when aiming without a scope the top of the viewfinder is gone.

Anyelocp

Mar 28, 2019
The matchmaking changed for sure. I don't want to play my casual games with a whole lobby of my skills level, that's what ranked is for. They need to do something or nobody will do the 20 kill without being streamer or professional player.

Status
Not open for further replies.