• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I had a good game today, with an very nice and responsive Octane. I was duo-queuing with my friend Bloodhound who sadly died early in the game, but we still managed to push and get a win with the random Octane in the end. Notice how nice and pleasant that Octane was. They knew when to push, what to do with bits of info I communicated them, they were pinging me stuff to loot in order to know if I was interested in that before taking it, and they were overall a very good sport. That's a solid teammate right there, 10/10, good example to follow. Also, again, I'm not talking alone, just my friend's voice wasn't recorded (probably a question of voice-sharing options, whatever).

The matchmaking changed for sure. I don't want to play my casual games with a whole lobby of my skills level, that's what ranked is for. They need to do something or nobody will do the 20 kill without being streamer or professional player.

All the solo-queuing I did today, I kept being matched with people who were barely level 35 (and I don't mean in battlepass) and played as if they discovered the game 4 days ago. Which, admittedly, is extremely annoying as I feel I have to hard-carry people all the time, except they don't even listen to me when I ping/talk. The worst. I wished I was matched with people of my skill level more often in casual, sigh.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same.

I really want more Apex in all forms at this point. I hope one day we either get Titanfall 3 or an Apex story mode where we can see these characters in more scenarios. The game feels so good to play.
Yeah, I still would love to see some variation of Frontier Defense in.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So i rediscovered the Hemlock

I usually never pick it up, and if I do, i later drop it for something better. I drop 2 people right away at 12:35, from decent range

Then, we got team, after team, after team at 16:30, and I clutch it with hemlock as my 2 teammates go down.

Then at the end, at around 26:40 we had real bad positioning for the last circle, the last team was already well positioned and with a caustic, by the vault, and we had to go inside (we were above). Things looked horrible, they had great positioning and the ring was coming, we lost, but I almost clutched it as well....crazy game

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Now that's a substantial nerf. A lot of people'll probably go back to the Longbow, though with the hitscan and everything, it's still super valuable for putting pressure on people.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, now we're talking, that's the nerf the gun deserved all along!
In other news, I'm fully done with the event's challenges and got that Legendary Alternator Haymaker skin.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The G7 with double shot is now king!

Edit: for the last hour I've been chasing a legend win in the new game mode and I've been quiting as soon as I die. It feels shit, but its the last challange I need once it's done I won't have to play this terrible mode again.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god. Now I can actually push with the wingman instead of getting lasered by the easiest gun in the game.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I bet it still does 90 damage at a range where players can actually retaliate, so I wouldn't say it's been nerfed completely out of play on first glance.

Looking forward to playing on the new map with a healthier ranged meta.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
More detailed breakdown of the changes:

Charge Rifle Update

+ Charge Rifle can no longer equip extended energy magazines
+ Base magazine capacity is now 12 (4 shots)
+ Fire rate reduced (increased time in between shots) - From 1.1 shots/sec to 0.95 shots/sec
+ Damage falloff has been modified.
- 90 dmg @ 150m decaying to 30 dmg @ 400m

Charge Rifle, pre-patch: 90 damage @ 300m to 60 damage @ 500m - 1.1 shots/sec
Charge Rifle, patch 1: 90 damage @ 250m to 60 damage @ 400m - 1.1 shots/sec
Charge Rifle, patch 2: 90 damage @ 150m to 30 damage @ 400m - 0.95 shots/sec

Last edited:

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god. Now I can actually push with the wingman instead of getting lasered by the easiest gun in the game.
The wingman is the only gun in the game I can fight with at range. I'm so ass with anything beyond short range. Was the same way in Titanfall as well lol.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Got 8 wins today. Slowly climbing through gold. I have to say - I love ranked but they punished people too much from last season and where they start you off. There's no reason why I should have to grind through Silver and Gold to get back to Plat again. Silver was a breeze but as you approach gold 1 it does really start to get tougher. They should just leave people where they wherever they left off.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Hey, I've been stuck at the bottom of Plat4 since the day I reached it. Sometimes I make tons of points in a game. Then lose everything in the following ones, so I'm back at the bottom of Plat. It's my life, I guess I Platinum is my true rank anyway, I really wanted to reach Diamond but the grind is so damn hard :'D

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got a dub tonight in between CoD games with friends. FEELS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It would be positively insane for them to add any new game modes before Solos/Doubles/Quads (doubles in particular is a bizarre omission at this point).

RebelDeux

Nov 20, 2017
Wow, I don't know what it is but I feel like S3 is more balanced and I've won two matches today and have had great partners.
The new map is so cool too, I love Apex.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I'm tempted to try for Diamond this season. I just made plat IV and it's not too bad. I get a win then lose all my to over the next few before another good match. I hope they average our ranks from each season and don't drop us back as much next season.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Is there a way of recording in game chat without third party software/hardware?

I'm getting sick of abusive kids in the game chat. Guy this morning was so abusive and blamed me and the other guy for everything, yet he was the one who kept running off and getting downed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Well... wanted to grind some CoD this weekend and take a short Apex break for some days... looks like Apex has me already back. CoD is such a bad multiplayer experience. I can't believe how much more fun Apex is.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, I tried call of duty and wasnt feeling it. I love Apex, and I'm enjoying playing with randoms for a change. It's just unfortunate that I have to mute everyone now as I've had quite alot of abuse over the last few days.

It would be awesome if there was an easier way of reporting players too. On Xbox its such a pain in the ass going through the recent player list just to find the tag of the guy who just called you a homophobic slur.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Well... wanted to grind some CoD this weekend and take a short Apex break for some days... looks like Apex has me already back. CoD is such a bad multiplayer experience. I can't believe how much more fun Apex is.

I'm not even going to bother with COD until they drop a BR map and even then I don't think it'll take me off Apex. I watched TeePee play a few COD MP games. Pure tedium. He didn't even really look like he was enjoying it much either, honestly.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I stopped playing this game last Sunday, because it was stressing me out, I was yelling at the TV which is something I rarely ever do.

Are there any rumours of solo mode coming anytime soon? I just can't with the current team setup. I'd even go for duos at this point.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I stopped playing this game last Sunday, because it was stressing me out, I was yelling at the TV which is something I rarely ever do.

Are there any rumours of solo mode coming anytime soon? I just can't with the current team setup. I'd even go for duos at this point.

Wear a mic. You'll meet decent people and in a few weeks you'll have enough folks on your friend's list that you won't have to play with randoms.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Wear a mic. You'll meet decent people and in a few weeks you'll have enough folks on your friend's list that you won't have to play with randoms.

Basically this. Each session I play I meet decent people who party up. It's not hard to build a list of randoms who turn out to be consistent players to party up with. Also sticking in rank increases the seriousness by 100%. Sure some parties suck but its not that frequent. Also in ranked if they did some stupid stuff on their own it's ok to just bail on getting the banner if it's in a bad spot. I've rolled solo and still got top 5 with points after I couldn't recover the banner. No need to stress over teammates since most in ranked are trying to progress as well and use mics.

I'd bet their data shows solo wasn't all that great of an event. They didn't share feedback which is unusual for them. Duos or quads would be a better venture for this game and im sure what the focus is and what we will see next.

Unless we see some arenas launched for a solo death match mode it's just not that interesting in Apex.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Said it earlier in the thread but I'd even take a no fill option, at least for casual. Would also allow for duos. Yeah you'd be at a disadvantage but that extra challenge is a lot of fun when you just want to mess around.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So, the Hemlock is my new favorite weapon, I've been sleeping on it

Check 6:15, 11:40

Good at close range, mid range, long range, and drops people so fast

Got like 4 gold wins last night with it, and 1 plat, on my channel

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
10 kill win and all I did was literally camp in one of the vaults with caustic.

Player after player ran in alone while we lit them up. Some players are so stupid.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Yup. It's been my favorite weapon since S1. If I have the Blue 2X or purple 3X HCOG it's a unstoppable on this map. I use it close range too.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017

Hemlock Master Race welcomes you to the right side of history. Don't tell anyone.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone found ANYWHERE reliable for loot yet this season? I used to think refinery was OK but I landed in one of the towers, no body shield. Made. My way to the other tower. No body shields in sight. Nobody on my squad had one either. Like, give me a break.

Speaking of which, why is train yard popular, at all? Is it the nearby vault? Every drop there is a shit show, there's barely any loot there and it's always garbage.

Hemlock got a massive buff this season but a lot of people still sleep on it. Also has the easiest recoil pattern in the game.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone found ANYWHERE reliable for loot yet this season? I used to think refinery was OK but I landed in one of the towers, no body shield. Made. My way to the other tower. No body shields in sight. Nobody on my squad had one either. Like, give me a break.

Speaking of which, why is train yard popular, at all? Is it the nearby vault? Every drop there is a shit show, there's barely any loot there and it's always garbage.

Hemlock got a massive buff this season but a lot of people still sleep on it. Also has the easiest recoil pattern in the game.

Don't believe I'm sharing but Lava City feels like a hidden gem. Nice spread of items, looks small but really isn't. Also a bot is usually flying around and a vault is right there if you get a key. It also has multiple escape routes if needed.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I find hemlock a little inconsistent. It's good gun and I'd take it over the other heavy bullet weapons. But if it was choice between a hemlock and a G7 with hop then I'm taking the G7 everytime. I always melt with that thing.

Oct 25, 2017
That's 20 daily challenges done. Now I still have 13/25 escapes and 33/50 legends killed in Shadowfall, should be able to do those in the last week.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
ended up getting the Bloodhound edition and I'm glad I did, skin looks great and I love the red/black gloves

also won the second match I played with them tonight so that's rad

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
probably got the maddest i've ever been at this game today, just had the absolute worst games over and over again. thankfully i managed to round the night off with a super fun match that was full of scrappy fights and some incredible escapes from full squads by myself. we didn't win - in part as i had to respawn my teammates in one of the final rings where the loot was scant and i was wiffing a bunch of my shots with the 3X on the hemlock in those final circles - but it was still super satisfying to play. wraith is the absolute best for those clutch escapes.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I like the new Modern Warfare, but Apex is still my favorite fps of the year (and thus my GOTY). For all its faults with the progression system or the store, Apex really excels in its gameplay and everything else that happens within a match. Modern Warfare is cool, but very, very flawed. The team that handled the weapon animations and sounds at Infinity Ward did a great job, but something feels off with the shooting. In the campaign it's almost hard to tell if I've even shot someone because the feedback isn't quite there. The death animations are great, but the actual impact isn't there for me. MW excels with its progression systems (the Gunsmith is great), but the in-game experience doesn't top Apex at all for me. I'll still play both, but I still prefer Apex. I just took a quick peak at the Xbox most played list and Apex is #3, right behind Fortnite, and prior to the MW release it had held its positon at #2. Should be neat to see where MW settles in the next week or so, I've noticed the reception has been more mixed than it was in the pre-launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.