• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
So desperate to find a squad to play ranked (I add people all the time, but when invited in game they never show up) I invited people I met when playing season 1 casually. They're gold III now.

Let's just say nobody had a good time, but at least they were really trying instead of doing stupid shit like most Diamond randoms I come across.

Sunday night I was like 100 RP into Diamond III, now all the way down to Diamond IV with the original 7200 RP. Doing the maths thats - 900. Ouch, fair to say my run is over for this season.

I'm not sure I want to share it much? :'D
It's gonna get known anyway, sadly. My secret body shield spot :'(

Yes, this one!
See, now y'all know.

I'm so looking for it as soon as I get back from work

Last edited:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
The lagger's advantage is so fucked. People warping around like crazy but still hitting you no problem.

Oct 25, 2017
Turbocharger is very nice with Havoc but pretty much useless with the Devotion. There's still a delay with Devotion which makes it pointless.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I always shred with the Devotion, love that gun, even without the Turbo. Disagree that Turbo is useless, yes there's still a delay, but it's cut drastically and you're at full ROF real quick.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
One of my biggest pet peeves has nothing to do with Apex and more to do with my teammates.

If you get downed, the most useless information you can give us is a play by play of how it happened. Especially when the rest of us are currently in the middle of a damn fight and trying to listen to where the enemy is. We do not need a recap or any kind of kill report. "BRO! OH MY GOD! WHAT? I unloaded 4 peacekeeper shots into this guy and almost killed him but then I got shot from X person across the map! THIS GAME IS GARBAGE BLAH BLAH BLAH!" Nope. Useless info.

If you get downed the best info you can tell your teammates is "I'm down. He's hiding in the corner" and try to ping him. That's all. Save the play by play for the lobby after the whole team get's killed.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
So desperate to find a squad to play ranked (I add people all the time, but when invited in game they never show up) I invited people I met when playing season 1 casually. They're gold III now.

Let's just say nobody had a good time, but at least they were really trying instead of doing stupid shit like most Diamond randoms I come across.

Sunday night I was like 100 RP into Diamond III, now all the way down to Diamond IV with the original 7200 RP. Doing the maths thats - 900. Ouch, fair to say my run is over for this season.

Having made Platinum Rank a couples weeks ago, I regret moving up from Gold. I believe my overall performance has gone down significantly to the point where I also think I'm going to retire until next season.

I don't like the idea of smurfing but by golly is Diamond no fun for a slightly-more-serious-than-casual player.

Last edited:

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I can show it to you if you want, but it shouldn't be that difficult to find either!

Found them ! Yep, 2 lvl 3 shields and a couple of Phoenix kits. Nice. Can't believe you got chased all the way down there lol

Having made Diamond Rank a couples weeks ago, I regret moving up from Gold. I believe my overall performance has gone down significantly to the point where I also think I'm going to retire until next season.

I don't like the idea of smurfing but by golly is Diamond no fun for a slightly-more-serious-than-casual player.

Funny you should mention that, it's exactly what I did last night, used my US account to help my SO rank up (she's in Gold). It was fun. I won't do it much, but it's good to remind yourself once in a while that hey, maybe I don't fucking suck that bad after all !

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I wish there was a competitive non-ranked mode. That would probably just mean skill-based matchmaking. I'd like something in between. Warm up in pubs, play most of the time in skill-based, then use ranked to earn specific rewards.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Having made Diamond Rank a couples weeks ago, I regret moving up from Gold. I believe my overall performance has gone down significantly to the point where I also think I'm going to retire until next season.

What about Platinum?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
There is nothing more infuriating in this game then a jumpmaster that doesn't ping where he's going then jumps out at the last minute to glide down to the surface slowly.

It's the only time I solo drop and it often ends in me gettting abuse .

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Found them ! Yep, 2 lvl 3 shields and a couple of Phoenix kits. Nice. Can't believe you got chased all the way down there lol

I had no weapon and no body shield, I was totally naked, and they knew it and chased me all the way from middle of Skyhook to up there like bloodthirsty piranhas. I'm also pissed because I had the time to grab a body shield and a weapon (probably a shitty one though) but since there was two of them with decent weapons and shields, I was cross-fired and ended up dead. So I also unknowingly led them to those two free level 3 body shields, the irony of my life.

Last edited:

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I had no weapon and no body shield, I was totally naked, and they knew it and chased me all the way from middle of Skyhook to up there like bloodthirsty piranhas. I'm also pissed because I had the time to grab a body shield and a weapon (probably a shitty one though) but since there was two of them with decent weapons and shields, I was cross-fired and ended up dying. So I also unknowingly led them to those two free level 3 body shields, the irony of my life.
Funny how I've played so much this season yet never came across that spot, yet the day after you mentioned it, a jumpmaster dropped us there.

I'm betting pretty soon, most of the playerbase will now about it.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Funny how I've played so much this season yet never came across that spot, yet the day after you mentioned it, a jumpmaster dropped us there.

If I'm jumpmaster, I usually ping Skyhook and wait for people to detach themselves to go up there all by myself. If I like my teammates enough, if they're not too far away, and if I see they're being nice and cooperative enough (communicating, pinging), I'll ping the second body shield if there is one. If no second body shield, then I'll just come back to them as if nothing happened! If I'm not jumpmaster, I'll just detach myself and go on about my business. But yeah I've already seen people going there and had some fights there (once I lost to a goddamn Crypto, I was salty, I had a P2020 and they had a Peacekeeper, the loot bins are not always very fair, and it's hard to escape when you're lacking luck).

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Probs common knowledge but they buffed the train loot. We've never not found a golden weapon and at least 2 purple body shields on it since the last update.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Lol. Just been killed by a team mate. I had been knocked while I had golden knockdown and Gilbralter put his ult on me, I could have crawled to cover to heal but some guy tried healing me and finished just as the ult hit.....game over.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Of course when I get someone in my squad with 138 wins this season, all but ensuring that I'll have a fruitful match, and we're champion squad, my game fucking freezes loading the dropship.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So... I noticed that now, during the character selections screen, when you see your squad-mates choosing legends, the legends are wearing the skins that you have selected for them. For example, someone in your squad selects Octane, and you'll see their Octane wearing the Octane skin you have selected on your Octane. And I just find this... utterly dumb? Like, I know what skins I have, thank you very much? I wanna see other people skins, please? It also means that while selecting my legend, people don't see the skin I have for that legend at all, but instead are seeing theirs, and it pains me a bit to know I can't show off that Lifeline Guardian Angel skin as much as I could because honestly, it's a beautiful skin and everybody ought to see it right from the character selection screen?

Ok this might sound a bit vain, though, and honestly it probably is (let me show off my skins goddammit!), but still, it's also a pretty dumb idea from a marketing point of view? Like if you don't show people skins they don't own, how do you expect them to have a little bit of envy, or to discover dope skins and make them wanna get them? Anyways, I just think this whole thing is whack, so I just hope this is either a bug, or a temporary change that will be reversed in the next update.

It's quite franky not a very good tactic to jump your whole squad in there at all though. Around 4 times out of 5, those two loot bins just give one body shield level 3, and they also provide at the very best three different weapons but more often than not just two, and it can often be shitty Mozambique/P2020. So yeah, that's absolutely not a place you wanna lead an entire team to as main landing zone, this is just dumb and counter-productive.

And yeah, I also noticed more people getting there. Although 9 times out of 10, I am unbothered.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
So... I noticed that now, during the character selections screen, when you see your squad-mates choosing legends, the legends are wearing the skins that you have selected for them.
I definitely see other peoples' skins when they pick? Although I don't have legend skins equipped right now, but I'm pretty sure even when I did, it showed their own skins.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, I'm seeing my own skins too. I saw a post on Reddit about it, it's a glitch since the last update. Not sure if all players are getting it.

May be just me but since the update the loot has been even worse too. I've played 3 games in a row without a bodyshield and in 5 games I'm yet to drop somewhere that has both a shield and a gun. Not the greatest update.

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So... I noticed that now, during the character selections screen, when you see your squad-mates choosing legends, the legends are wearing the skins that you have selected for them. For example, someone in your squad selects Octane, and you'll see their Octane wearing the Octane skin you have selected on your Octane.
It's on the dev Trello so they're aware of it. I have the same issue as well.

A bigger issue for me is that lots of textures don't really load, so models will be half-crisp, half-blurry.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
I had an idea where you all were talking about and sure enough I log in and 5 of the 6 squads I played with all headed over there. FFS it doesn't take long.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I got a bug a few times in the top 5 where some sort of connection error occurs, then you teleport into the sky for several seconds, to them be kicked to the login screen.

I also have the cosmetic glitch and it drives me nuts. It's pretty confusing as well since I think it's me selecting if I'm not paying attention. Once it moves to the "your squad screen" it shows their poses in their skins.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
My "Earn Ranked Points" challenges are glitched. They're always stuck at zero.
My multiple bans and penalties may have fucked them up. Good thing I'm not a completionist

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
My "Earn Ranked Points" challenges are glitched. They're always stuck at zero.
My multiple bans and penalties may have fucked them up. Good thing I'm not a completionist
mine hasn't moved a smidge either - it might be that you need to get the prerequisite amount in a single game (like for 120RP you'd probably need a win).

Game Fan

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Struggling to find good randoms to play in unranked, but facing pre-made teams of people with thousands of kills.

IT'S. SO. MUCH. FUN!

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
So... I noticed that now, during the character selections screen, when you see your squad-mates choosing legends, the legends are wearing the skins that you have selected for them.

Ha oh god you're right. I was thinking the other night "wow I didn't realize so many other people spent money on these skins." This now makes sense.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
mine hasn't moved a smidge either - it might be that you need to get the prerequisite amount in a single game (like for 120RP you'd probably need a win).

Oh that makes sense. It hasn't happened to me in a long time lol

Are you all getting banned on console or PC? I'm on PS4 and have never even so much as received a warning.

I'm on PS4 too, all it takes is leaving a ranked match before your respawn timer has ran out.
There's no clemency for first offenders, all that changes is the lenght of the ban (99 minutes seems to be the highest)

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Is it some sort of unspoken Apex rule that Bangalore teammates are some of the stupidest, most useless motherfuckers this universe has ever created ?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I've seen Bangs that use their smoke to great effect for revives, escapes, and ambushes. They also take advantage of their speed boost and use airstrikes to flush out targets. They're rare though.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i mean it's probably a mixture of confirmation bias and that Bangalore is a very newb friendly legend. she was definitely who i played as most when the game launched as her abilities were very easy to grasp and versatile.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Bangalore is pretty beginner friendly but also one of the best Legends on this map. Clueless players usually pick Bloodhound, Octane and Mirage in my experience.

But especially since this stupid sbmm became a thing, if you're an experienced player that plays the game often, almost all of the randoms you get on your team will be next to useless, doesn't matter which character they pick. Playing with randoms is almost guaranteed to be a terrible time.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I got a bug a few times in the top 5 where some sort of connection error occurs, then you teleport into the sky for several seconds, to them be kicked to the login screen.

I also have the cosmetic glitch and it drives me nuts. It's pretty confusing as well since I think it's me selecting if I'm not paying attention. Once it moves to the "your squad screen" it shows their poses in their skins.

Got that same damn bug dude. The one with the connection error. Glad I'm not the only one. Just started happening the other day.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't think I've played with a lifeline that has revived me or popped a health drone in days.

Bangalore I'm not too fussed about, her skills are ok, but they can also hinder you aswell. It's amazing how many peeps will shoot smokes at enemies while I'm taking shots at them with snipers allowing them to escape.

Caustic can also cause massive problems for you and I've had more than one game recently that a caustic has trap blocked the doors to the only building that has cover leaving me to die on the outside while they camp.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
As a Bangalore main I feel attacked.

But I think it's because people don't play her well. She's marked as an offensive character in the game, but her kit is much more on the defensive side of things. With the passive you're hard to get shot at, with the smokes you can hide or loot in peace, and her ultimate is useful to stop enemies from pushing, or flush people out.
And few people know this, but you can trow it in front of you and outrun the explosions, while the enemies behind can't follow you

Then you get randoms trowing smokes at enemies, helping them hide ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yeah, I have been rescued by Bangalores who use smoke to obscure us, it's a very powerful boon, defensively speaking
alternatively, I've used enemy smoke to conceal myself and heal lol

I think she's like Lifeline in that she's very approachable for a new player and that means a lot of people playing her don't necessarily use her kit to good effect (or at all in Lifeline's case) and I'd guess a lot of those people move on from Bangalore and play the more offensive and aggressive characters instead

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Add me to the broken-record brigade, because GOD I'm gonna miss Duos. They can not bring it back any sooner than now.

Status
Not open for further replies.