• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda bummed about this whole event. Super low effort stuff and most of the modes weren't as fun as the regular playlist. This dummy mode would be okay if the ult wasn't random. Instantly healing to full mid-fight can be super obnoxious.

Amazing cosmetics though, and many of them free. Points for that.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the challenge "Use 20 Mirage decoys" for using the Mirage-esque Dummy ultimate. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it could point to it replacing Mirage's current ultimate in the new season.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Hopped back on Ranked again because I do kind of want to hit Diamond before S4 starts. Had some insane games tonight. Went from P4 to P3 on Friday and P3 to P2 today.

Last game I played my squad got wiped but I managed to make it to final 3 before getting elim'd by the sweatiest squad I've ever seen.

Nonetheless, got this pretty dope clip:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Dummies is amazing for 2 reasons. I don't have to listen to people constantly pinging shit and I don't get constantly wiped out by Gibby.

Yeah I have to agree. I really liked this mode. My buddies didn't care for it as much but I thought the things you mentioned (mainly no legend abilities overall) was a nice change up.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I actually am not too hot on the Dummies mode right now. It feels dead. I'm so used to the Legends saying things, stuff getting pinged, etc. I never realized how much that added to the game for me. I don't like the 'silence' of Dummies mode. I feel like I'm alone (I mainly solo queue since my bro's ps4 crapped out).

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I actually am not too hot on the Dummies mode right now. It feels dead. I'm so used to the Legends saying things, stuff getting pinged, etc. I never realized how much that added to the game for me. I don't like the 'silence' of Dummies mode. I feel like I'm alone (I mainly solo queue since my bro's ps4 crapped out).
You're always alone with randos, bro.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I'M playing it but I have a stuff running in the brackground. IT's not a super serious mode so this seems like a better way to play.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I actually think playing the new Dummies mode introduced an interesting question for me atleast: "Do I get more annoyed by legend abilities and ultimates and was this annoyance mistaken for the new map and/or SBMM"?

Without dealing with annoying Bangalore smokes, Caustic traps or Gibby dome shields fights played out much more predictably to me. I also didn't feel like we were third partied quite as much because alot of the most mobile legends are negated in this mode. You're not dealing with Pathfinder zips straight into your fight or Wraith portals.

I dont know....It definitely zeroes in on some of my big issues with Apex lately.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So Lifeline going to get the instant area heal, right? Pls Respawn.
It's a double edged sword. I was down to being one shot in a fight and got insta-healed by someone on the enemy squad. Because of that I was able to get right back into the fight and we won that battle.

I think the Dance Party will be Mirage's new ability, the heal will be Lifeline's new ability and the loot spawning/loot party will be for a new character yet to be introduced.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I actually think playing the new Dummies mode introduced an interesting question for me atleast: "Do I get more annoyed by legend abilities and ultimates and was this annoyance mistaken for the new map and/or SBMM"?

Without dealing with annoying Bangalore smokes, Caustic traps or Gibby dome shields fights played out much more predictably to me. I also didn't feel like we were third partied quite as much because alot of the most mobile legends are negated in this mode. You're not dealing with Pathfinder zips straight into your fight or Wraith portals.

I dont know....It definitely zeroes in on some of my big issues with Apex lately.
I see where you're coming from, but I disagree. Other than the amazing gunplay and mobility of Apex, the abilities are what make the game truly special. So while it's true all of those can feel annoying to fight against at times, they still have a super positive impact in the game.

So Lifeline going to get the instant area heal, right? Pls Respawn.
Please don't! It's suuuuuper annoying to be winning a fair gunfight only so the enemies get healed back to full health and kick your arse unfairly.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Anyways, coming from BFV it's hard to adjust to this now, gonna have to put more time to see how it goes.

How does ranked mode work btw?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
What if Revenant's ability is a heal and this isn't for lifeline. A different type of heal that has repercussions when used if an enemy team is close.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I broke my record of 13 kills in a match to 17 in Dummies. It's amazing how much better i play when its basic.

Some thoughts....

Obviously Gibby is now OP,it's been so refreshing not coming across him in a building with his gun shield popped, i'm honestly not good enough to hit every shot on his head. I kind of hope one of the new characters has a counter to him. (perhaps a shield breaking/piercing abilty?)

Dance Party needs to be Mirgages' Ult, no need for invisibility either as it's difficult to know who the real Mirage is. You can revive in this too which is risky but amazing.

They need to tone down the pinging system. I don't mind the call outs, but removing some of the dialog when people spam enemies and when they've been downed has been amazing. i can actually hear where the enemy is without listening to one of my team mates bang on about them.

Some other characters could do with some refinement too. Possibly Lifeline has an instant heal abilty while a new charter gets some sort of loot abilty.

(also if Mirage gets dance party i want dance emotes, having Mirage actually dance with his dupes would be hilarious)

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Dialog scaling back would weaken the personality this game brings and is what most people like about it. It should be an option to select if anything.

Having dance party available when you get the final kill will be the new thing before showing the champion squad.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't mind the dialog, but there are some changes i wouldn't mind. The ability to ping a Respawn Beacon only once every 30 seconds being one, and you should only be able to actually hear your team mates when your close to them. Hearing 'reloading my weapon' from someone who has solo dropped seems excessive.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Dialog scaling back would weaken the personality this game brings and is what most people like about it. It should be an option to select if anything.

Having dance party available when you get the final kill will be the new thing before showing the champion squad.

I could see them having an option for dialogue called "Team Dialogue" for when you're playing with a squad with mics so there's no need to have voice comms and in game dialogue at the same time. This setting could keep the most important dialogue enabled and turns off the rest.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I don't mind the dialog, but there are some changes i wouldn't mind. The ability to ping a Respawn Beacon only once every 30 seconds being one, and you should only be able to actually hear your team mates when your close to them. Hearing 'reloading my weapon' from someone who has solo dropped seems excessive.

That could work on making it proximity. I wonder why they never went with the angle if you ping something you risk the enemy hearing your voice audio. I seem to recall blackout did that if you called out an item (note: their ping system is horrible compared to Apex).

I've told people that repeatedly ping the Respawn beaconif they did it again they were not getting the revive. It worked but I don't figure that's the norm if you say that.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK

I hate when downed team mates ping the spawn beacon over and over every second, especially when I am clearly trying to get there. Almost makes me not want to respawn them at all.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I hate when downed team mates ping the spawn beacon over and over every second, especially when I am clearing trying to get there. Almost makes me not want to respawn them at all.

Yep. It's bad that they can still do it when you've pinged back 'i hear ya'. You shouldn't be able to do it again after you've aknowledged, you should also be able to say 'thankyou' once revived. It's strange that you can do it for weapon and item drops but not when someone has brought you back from the dead.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Yep. It's bad that they can still do it when you've pinged back 'i hear ya'. You shouldn't be able to do it again after you've aknowledged, you should also be able to say 'thankyou' once revived. It's strange that you can do it for weapon and item drops but not when someone has brought you back from the dead.
Legends themselves say thank you when they drop.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Crypto needs a voice line or ping to notify the team that there are, or are not enemies in the area. For instance, I would suggest if you ping the big banners that show the squads, it communicates to the teammates how many squads are in the area. It should have an all clear, and also 1, 2, 3, etc squads.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Spoiler for the trailer...

Damn, I wish I had seen this blind.

I got spoilt by the leak, which I imagine got Respawn pissed.

Even before the leaks there were theories... but for those that don't know, the leaked screenshot was the "shocking" moment.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
what were all the dummies ultimates? I got a bunch of weapons/items, the dance party and insta healing (I think). Anything else?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
There's a chance we'll see Forge go to surgery and come back being an almost full/ totally full robotic boy and seeking vengeance on the ring. That makes for a much cooler backstory than the one he has now, and also builds sympathy from players.

Last edited:

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Now we wait and see if he died, or was just injured...oh, he's dead according to the EA site.
There's a chance we'll see Forge go to surgery and come back being an almost full/ totally full robotic boy and seeking vengeance on the ring. That makes for a much cooler backstory than the one he has now, and also builds sympathy from players.
"Death is never the end. Not in my world." -Revenant

Status
Not open for further replies.