• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
I just found out that EVA-8 with double tab trigger is a freaking murder weapon. Even more so if one plays as Bangalore and has digital thread on. Don't mind me, sir, taking off your shields. I was slaying left and right. I'm a monster now. Need to calm down.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I was able to buy a Bangalore legendary skin with legend tokens in the store even though I don't have the required skin. If you want to spend legend tokens on something and want a legendary skin for Bangalore, might be worth trying.
It says on the legend token one that it requires Officer Williams instead of the Enforcer. Somehow they messed up on that one.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
I just found out that EVA-8 with double tab trigger is a freaking murder weapon. Even more so if one plays as Bangalore and has digital thread on. Don't mind me, sir, taking off your shields. I was slaying left and right. I'm a monster now. Need to calm down.
Yaaasss throw a purple bolt on that bad boy and listen to the cries of your enemies

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Yaaasss throw a purple bolt on that bad boy and listen to the cries of your enemies
My heart is still racing. Next thing I will do is find me a route in deja loot that will give me just that: a fully kitted murder machine. For the longest time I was under the misconception that the EVA-8 was merely a weaker peacekeeper. Gotta crunch some numbers in the firing range.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
My heart is still racing. Next thing I will do is find me a route in deja loot that will give me just that: a fully kitted murder machine. For the longest time I was under the misconception that the EVA-8 was merely a weaker peacekeeper. Gotta crunch some numbers in the firing range.
Peacekeeper is better for peeking (which is why a lot of top players like it), but the EVA-8 absolutely murders it in DPS.

I personally like the EVA-8 as a backup weapon for a Wingman or an R-301/Flatline, break shield with the Assault Rifle and then spray and pray them down.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
The EVA-8 feels much more forgiving and predictable for me from a bullet spread perspective. I have a lot of success hip firing with it which never works for me on the PK.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
While we are talking about shotguns, what's the verdict about the Mozambique? Does it have any redeeming qualities? I usually only use it when I have to, but drop it as soon as I find another weapon that isn't a p2020.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
While we are talking about shotguns, what's the verdict about the Mozambique? Does it have any redeeming qualities? I usually only use it when I have to, but drop it as soon as I find another weapon that isn't a p2020.
The Mozambique is a fucking meme weapon, pure and simple. It's garbage stock, it's garbage with a purple bolt.

It's only semi-redeeming quality is that with hammer-point rounds you can down people with 1 headshot or 2 body shots so it's a somewhat competant finishing weapon. But it pales in comparison to a kitted out P2020, which will fucking SHRED people without shields alot more reliably.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
In Armed & Dangerous mode, the Gold Mozambique is one of the strongest weapons. It shreds. In regular mode, if you find Hammerpoint, it can take down flesh enemies in one shot. That's the only thing that makes it viable though, the Hammerpoint. Otherwise I think it needs a magazine size buff and it can be a solid option at the start of games, but I don't think that'll happen as it's clearly meant to be a low tier weapon like the p2020 outside of Hammerpoint.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Okay, I thought so. Just read an IGN article that stated that it's intentionally a low tier weapon "to make looting fun". https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...-why-apex-legends-designed-its-weakest-weapon

Respawn have admitted in the past that they loved the "Mozambique Memes" that came out when the game first launched and have purposefully kept the weapon terrible to keep that flame alight.

Played my first Warzone match. 7 kills, randoms died and left. It's just like Apex!

maxresdefault.jpg

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Third match of Warzone, I get Jumpmaster, figure out how to ping a location, randos both drop on the other half of the map, die and quit. Very similar to the current Apex solo misery, really. I don't know what I was expecting.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
I think one of the best ways to increase the likelihood of good team play is to show your squad mates that you care about them in a way that isn't obstructive. These "randoms" are real human beings after all and will thus react as people do in real life. Even though we are all playing the same game, there is still mistrust between the players. There are plenty of stories of randoms just abandoning the match as soon as they've been downed or just running off without heed for their squad. Thus, one must try and build up some trust throughout the match – especially at the beginning. Keep close to them, be wary of their position, their point of view and their inventory. Only ping stuff that they really need, don't interfere with their looting, etc. I find that these little precautions greatly enhance my experience – especially in regards to team play.
Of course there will always be players that just started playing the game, or don't care about it, or just want to fuck around. But even then one might find some fun or other merit in trying to adapt to their style of play.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Just had the cutest moment. (Probably a known easter egg, but I just happend to stumble upon it.)
cutest_legends40j2t.png

You are right, no matter if one uses the ping system or the mic, the communication should be concise, calm and reasonable.

Aw, that's sweet. I'm imagining Revenant standing there trying to process those emotions.

Third match of Warzone, I get Jumpmaster, figure out how to ping a location, randos both drop on the other half of the map, die and quit. Very similar to the current Apex solo misery, really. I don't know what I was expecting.

I was under the impression that you can drop all by yourself, without even 2 randos in your squad. Is that not the case?
It would be pretty tough going up against teams of 3 as a true solo player, but I feel like CoD would cater to that slower/stealthier pace more than Apex.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I have had horrible luck for the last two days. I always play solo, but usually could make some decent plays with random groups.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
In today's version of "wtf Apex", my peacekeeper challenge has decided not to track any of my peacekeeper kills. brb going to launch myself into traffic.
Yeah this isn't cool anymore. Two more peacekeeper kills today, neither counted towards my challenge. If I pay for a battle pass, I shouldn't have bugged out shit like this happening.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Had a win today in KC where the first circle clearly caught everyone off guard. We won simply because on our way to it, we killed two teams who were trying to get there, and by the time we were in the circle, were one of three teams left standing. Our Pathfinder ran off to kill them (and did), and then we won seconds later... because the surviving team was still in the circle.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
wait what the hell is that wormhole in kings canyon

was that always there?

edit: Anyone else getting visual glitches on king canyons? Rocks losing all texture and turning to black blobs? Disappearing haystacks that you can see through?

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Apex gets you into a match within seconds. Warzone currently takes way longer. It's QOL details like this that make Apex really hard to shake.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
It's not just little things. The movement is inferior to Apex. Aim assist is considerably stronger so shooting doesn't feel as rewarding. The locked 70 FOV on console after being used to much higher in Apex blows, too.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Locked FOV. The movement feels slow and sluggish and I guess that's mostly due to the new engine and how IW trying to make everything feel heavy and weighty. The animations simply feel...off. Using the dpad to ping is the most annoying thing ever, too. Lol. While it has some QOL additions that I wish Apex had, Apex takes the cake. Feels fluid, and the fights feel a lot better. When's Titanfall 3? If somebody asked was 90 gigs worth it I'm gonna tell them absolutely not.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Apex gets you into a match within seconds. Warzone currently takes way longer. It's QOL details like this that make Apex really hard to shake.

apex gets you out of a match in 30 seconds because of all the fucking ADHD smoothers that want to play TDM but are too fucking dumb to load up something like Quake Champions.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Hadn't played Apex in about 5 days, went to play Warzone and really liked it, came back for 2 games of Apex afterwards. First game I had 16 kills 2800 damage, arguably my best game ever, it was like I had deadeye in Red Dead or something. I think the game must specifically put you in a lower tier match after an extended absence to get you to come back and play more. I always get better loot ticks after a long absence too. Next game, back to the normal, lazered and downed before I can even pull up my gun. Went right back to Warzone.

I love the kill cam. Someone told me why this wouldn't work in Apex and it made a lot of sense but I don't care, I want it in Apex.

Last edited:

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
One thing that I would like Apex to copy from Warzone is spawning in with a pistol. It would even things out a bit more if you land and happen upon bad RNG.

Maybe you could spawn in with an evo shield, too? But I'm less sure about that.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like dropping without a weapon. But if it did then Respawn can troll the community with Mozambique's.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta say - I just enjoyed a few matches of MW and I think it's really fucking good. I'm not gonna compare it to Apex since it's a totally different vibe. But I like the change up for now. Gonna keep playing.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Plunder seems like the superior option to BR in that. I like the constant respawns. No circle. If you're doing too good then you're marked and people will hunt for your money. Seems like a fresh step for big map modes imo. I think it'd be perfect with another 50 players.

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Don't think I've seen this mentioned here, but it looks like all characters are getting passive abilities based on their class. This was leaked by a data miner that is usually spot on about these things.

The basic breakdown is this:

Assault characters( Wraith, Revenant, Mirage, etc): Ability to carry an extra grenade per slot.

Recon characters (Pathfinder, Bloodhound, Cryto): Will be able to scan survey beacons just like Pathfinder's current passive. This might be an overall Pathfinder nerf unless they give him a new passive.

Support (Just Lifeline, lol): Will be able to use special blue bins scattered around the map to get better loot.

Defensive Characters ( Gibby, Casutic, Wattson): Will grant players shield health upon reviving them.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I've seen this mentioned here, but it looks like all characters are getting passive abilities based on their class. This was leaked by a data miner that is usually spot on about these things.

Assault characters( Wraith, Revenant, Mirage, etc): Ability to carry an extra grenade per slot.

Recon characters (Pathfinder, Bloodhound, Cryto): Will be able to scan survey beacons just like Pathfinder's current passive. This might be an overall Pathfinder nerf unless they give him a new passive.

Support (Just Lifeline, lol): Will be able to use special blue bins scattered around the map to get better loot.

Defensive Characters ( Gibby, Casutic, Wattson): Will grant players shield health upon reviving them.
Based on leaks, it's fair to assume that Loba (who is rumored to be the next character coming) will be the second Support character.

If Dummy's Big Day is anything to go by, it seems like her abilities are loot based as well: Spawning random loot items and the Loot Pinata.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Next Legend being Support feels like the right call at this point, with this leak even more so.
Also; Isn't Pathfinder labeled as Support?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018

These changes sound pretty good and will definitely help define characters better. Support getting extra bins will either be terrible or OP depending on the loot table for blue bins.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Getting better loot from bins seems like a way to offload lifeline's ultimate into her passively.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
This is why you shouldn't rage quit a game if you're downed or killed. Sometimes, you're missing on a nice win.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Plunder seems like the superior option to BR in that. I like the constant respawns. No circle. If you're doing too good then you're marked and people will hunt for your money. Seems like a fresh step for big map modes imo. I think it'd be perfect with another 50 players.

I just played my first few matches of Plunder....You're correct. It's a shit load of fun.

Still love my Apex but this is a nice break for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.