• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I play Apex like 90% console and 10% of the time on PC but I was really bummed to see the Wingman nerf, just felt unnecessary. You might has well just make each level of extended mag a +1 and have the base go back to being 6.

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
What?? I had to stop using it on PS4, it was an easy win.
Not every change has to be on both platform, but the wingman was OP everywhere, and still is a very strong weapon.
I kind of envy people who can use the Wingman properly. I've never been a Wingman-man myself, as the sight just throws me off every time and I don't have the patience to learn how to use it. Love hip-firing it in CQC just after landing, though, but I always swap it out for R99/R301/Spitfire/Eva.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I kind of envy people who can use the Wingman properly. I've never been a Wingman-man myself, as the sight just throws me off every time and I don't have the patience to learn how to use it. Love hip-firing it in CQC just after landing, though, but I always swap it out for R99/R301/Spitfire/Eva.
The hip fire was the reason for the capacity nerf, people just spammed it while jumping around.

THe base sight is rubbish, you have to find a proper one, otherwise you have to wait a split second longer after eachshot for it to proper align

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Is there currently a known bug on PlayStation 4 where it looks like you're hitting for red health damage but they actually have shields? I swear this was happening last night and led to me getting way overaggressive when they were actually fully shielded.
I think I was having this happen yesterday on PC

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hip fire was the reason for the capacity nerf, people just spammed it while jumping around.

THe base sight is rubbish, you have to find a proper one, otherwise you have to wait a split second longer after eachshot for it to proper align
Uh, then why not nerf the shit out of hipfire if thats the underlying problem?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i just wonder how people drop before the timer. like how are you already half way down to landing when the game finally registered me pressing the X to launch exactly at 0.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Bullets go straight through Pathfinders, it's hilarious.

Haven't played in a bit, first match rando Gibby drops us straight down as soon as he could, dies and disconnects in 55 seconds. The other rando keeps shooting at me because I'm faster at looting then him, does 39 damage total but sends me a friend request at the end of course. I got the win with ~1800 damage, though.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i just wonder how people drop before the timer. like how are you already half way down to landing when the game finally registered me pressing the X to launch exactly at 0.
I mash mine before it even hits zero and theres always a delay to when I egt out vs others
Bullets go straight through Pathfinders, it's hilarious.
They wanted to rectify the hit box issues with him early by giving him invincibility

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yup.

The genre itself is random: random loots, random flight paths to start the game, and random team games (if you want). All that would happen with a segmented player base is the people 'who know how to play the game' would just become emboldened more toxic like you see in shooters that focus on competiton.

"Only (insert slur here) use Gib"
"That my character" *quits out*
*Pushes and engages without telling anyone* WHY DIDNT YOU BACK ME UP!! U SUCK.

Yeah, i get it. The dude wandering on his own, not grabbing armor, begging you to save him when he decides to go Quake in skulltown sucks. But honestly its less annoying then dealing with people who "know" how to play the game and only care about winning their way

I think it's a little silly to say the entire genre is random. It has random elements, but I think those random elements are just present so as to give the players a real sense of autonomy every game. Yes, your game is affected by lots of random variables but they create opportunities for novel decision making. Additionally, the most significant elements of the game, such as the core gameplay (weapon feel, handling) and map layouts, are not random at all.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I mash mine before it even hits zero and theres always a delay to when I egt out vs others

They wanted to rectify the hit box issues with him early by giving him invincibility
im spamming X very quickly as the timer goes and i still see people launch before us.
like there is no way i dont hit the exact 0 of when we are allowed to launch.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just some fun with octane.

Ended up ressing the team to get those boxes of the guys I killed, but they got pushed and died again. I took down two of the final team in a fight that lasted 3 minutes, but I couldn't finish the last guy as I had ran out of healing items.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Just some fun with octane.

Ended up ressing the team to get those boxes of the guys I killed, but they got pushed and died again. I took down two of the final team in a fight that lasted 3 minutes, but I couldn't finish the last guy as I had ran out of healing items.

Holy smokes, swapping armor from deathboxes mid-fight was a smart call. Never thought of that.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I think it's a little silly to say the entire genre is random. It has random elements, but I think those random elements are just present so as to give the players a real sense of autonomy every game. Yes, your game is affected by lots of random variables but they create opportunities for novel decision making. Additionally, the most significant elements of the game, such as the core gameplay (weapon feel, handling) and map layouts, are not random at all.

While saying the entire genre is random is hyperbole i admit, the random aspects in BR games are a 180 in a genre where people not only memorize where specific items are on a map, but how often they spawn down to the second.

I agree its what makes it engaging; all the 'oh shit' moments we are chasing as players have alot to do with the split second decision making and making do with what you have/know at the moment.

My post was a pushback at how the 'random' elements of matchmaking and general gripe of the unbalanced shitty early weapons detract from QOL of the game which i disagree with. The random is why I come back...some matches may be a thirty second long frustrating shitshow but im addicted to the possibility of an awesome comeback which Is more memorable to me then beating on newbies in a party in a regular team focused fps. If i wanted pure competitive designed team games w/ ladder matchmaking there are plenty of those.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
I am sure it's said before but the season pass is a real grind and the rewards are actually very bad, bought it mainly to show support but with the buff the havoc is actually good so want the skin for it.
I liked it when they gave the top 5 reward extra bp.
Also why did they increase all legends to 125k points to complete and how does it work to get the boost? Like I have "DONE " caustic so when do I get the bonus points?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i had a game where we dropped at skull and all of the weapons were wingman LOL
guess they wanted to have fun and have everyone use a wingman?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Since you get 1050 Apex Coins by completing the Battle Pass and you'll need 950 for the next one, I got one Apex Pack for 100. Finally got another Legendary item from it, got none from all the Battle Pass packs. It was crafting metals, which is cool I guess, but I'll need another one of those to craft another Legendary...

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
My friend and I just had a match with the worst random. We just landed at artillery, 2 opponents immediately landed next to me so I took a zipline away but died on the way. They didnt follow so I was able to crawl over to my random. Did he res me? Nope, he kept looting, even have the nerve to take loot right next to my bleeding body.
Later he kept asking for heavy ammo, so I dropped some and pinged it, just before he picked it up I took it back. Best feeling ever.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sure it's said before but the season pass is a real grind and the rewards are actually very bad, bought it mainly to show support but with the buff the havoc is actually good so want the skin for it.
I liked it when they gave the top 5 reward extra bp.
Also why did they increase all legends to 125k points to complete and how does it work to get the boost? Like I have "DONE " caustic so when do I get the bonus points?
They add 25k each week. If you completed the character you've already received the XP. Sometime on Tuesday the total XP will go up by another 25k. That page is just for tracking which characters you can still get bonus XP for.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But OP wingman is already fixed, you dont have to worry about it anymore.
No its not. Because reducing mag capacity doesn't fix the problem that poster was suggesting needed fixing, if you find larger mags you still can just hip fire and jump around and merc people. So its really a trivial nerf when the underlying issue isn't being addressed at all. The wingman is still op as fuck, it just has a couple less shots on the base gun which can be easily mitigated by finding a heavy mag.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No its not. Because reducing mag capacity doesn't fix the problem that poster was suggesting needed fixing, if you find larger mags you still can just hip fire and jump around and merc people. So its really a trivial nerf when the underlying issue isn't being addressed at all. The wingman is still op as fuck, it just has a couple less shots on the base gun which can be easily mitigated by finding a heavy mag.

True, thats why I would like to see firerate nerf to make its firerate to be around old longbow firerate.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel if they made the wingman into longbow fire rate then nobody would ever use it again on console. Which would be silly cause it's one of the funnest pistols to use in a long time.

Or they'd just opt for the longbow at that point considering it has a faster ROF now.

If hip firing was a problem like already mentioned, make the hip fire inaccurate as fuck.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
True, thats why I would like to see firerate nerf to make its firerate to be around old longbow firerate.
I would nerf the distance damage, the distance it can fire at, and maybe reload time. If you want to spam hip fire thats fine but punish it with a reload time that means missing shots matter. Nerfing distance is an obvious since I don't see why having a weapon thats op close and mid range should also be able to murder people (quite efficiently) at a distance as well. Taking two bullets out of the starting mag doesn't do much other than make it more annoying on drops and the last thing this game needs is more bullshit luck on dropping.

I feel if they made the wingman into longbow fire rate then nobody would ever use it again on console. Which would be silly cause it's one of the funnest pistols to use in a long time.

Or they'd just opt for the longbow at that point considering it has a faster ROF now.

If hip firing was a problem like already mentioned, make the hip fire inaccurate as fuck.
Yep. If thats the issue either make it wildly inaccurate or make it have longer reload times to punish missing shots.

The problem with the wingman is that it excels at virtually everything in addition to being one of the fastest ttk guns in the game if youre hitting headshots. Theres no reason a pistol should have that much utility, so I understand the nerf. But their idea of what a nerf will do to fix it is bonkers. It doesn't fix anything and it only serves to make dropping more annoying than it already is.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would nerf the distance damage, the distance it can fire at, and maybe reload time. If you want to spam hip fire thats fine but punish it with a reload time that means missing shots matter. Nerfing distance is an obvious since I don't see why having a weapon thats op close and mid range should also be able to murder people (quite efficiently) at a distance as well. Taking two bullets out of the starting mag doesn't do much other than make it more annoying on drops and the last thing this game needs is more bullshit luck on dropping.

Yep. If thats the issue either make it wildly inaccurate or make it have longer reload times to punish missing shots.

The problem with the wingman is that it excels at virtually everything in addition to being one of the fastest ttk guns in the game if youre hitting headshots. Theres no reason a pistol should have that much utility, so I understand the nerf. But their idea of what a nerf will do to fix it is bonkers. It doesn't fix anything and it only serves to make dropping more annoying than it already is.

I agree on those points. Maybe they should've left the standard gun at 6 shots, and the purple mag capped at 9.

Make hip fire inaccurate / tweaking reload time / damage drop off changes

seems like the obvious thing to do especially on the console side of balancing. Keep the ROF the same with those changes.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
The wingman is almost Halo 1 pistol tier levels of good.

I think all the regular pistols and mozambique need big buffs otherwise just remove them from the game. I have way more success using melee than I do using any of those guns because running up on players lets the aim assist trip them up. I have maybe 2 confirmed mozambique kills throughout my almost 500 total kills. That guy who's raging in the video should've nutted up and tried fighting with his bare hands after the first few empty boxes otherwise you should just quit sooner and go next, you're wasting your time trying to find a weapon by that point and 90% of the playerbase quits on death anyway so who cares.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
But shouldn't the answer be nerf the hip fire even more? As it is I can still land my hip fire shots on a fairly consistent basis.
It was addressed for early game. 6 shots were enough for 2 people, and for one shooting random hip firing.

You can still do it in late game with a magazine and they are fine with it, it's BR some weapons have to be strong.

12 shots for late game were enough for 2 people with purple shield.

4 shots it's also still super strong, but you need finesse and good aim. They made it a git gud weapon for early game and a strong weapon for late without being blatantly OP

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it was nerfed, but it was still spammed, hence they reduced the shots
Then nerf it even more. Reducing the shots is a bandaid over a bullet hole. Its not actually fixing that you can still spam hip fire, be accurate and kill people while dancing around, it just means that thats temporarily and slightly mitigated at the start of a match until you find a new clip for the gun to get it right back to where it was anyway. Its a completely pointless nerf that does nothing to actually address the issue youre putting forth and only aggravates the issues the game already has.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I wish you could report people for trolling. Twice today I've had someone run up to my downed character, stare at it for a few seconds then run away.

Should be banable.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Then nerf it even more. Reducing the shots is a bandaid over a bullet hole. Its not actually fixing that you can still spam hip fire, be accurate and kill people while dancing around, it just means that thats temporarily and slightly mitigated at the start of a match until you find a new clip for the gun to get it right back to where it was anyway. Its a completely pointless nerf that does nothing to actually address the issue youre putting forth and only aggravates the issues the game already has.
The gun is too bloody strong also when used normally, how can you not bloody get this???

Pro players used to litterally all go around with only wingman.

Git gud man, it's still a god weapon if you need 12 shots to kill somebody then I would suggest to use a different weapon altogether

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The gun is too bloody strong also when used normally, how can you not bloody get this???

Pro players used to litterally all go around with only wingman.

Git gud man, it's still a god weapon if you need 12 shots to kill somebody then I would suggest to use a different weapon altogether
First off, I am in agreement that the gun needed a nerf. Ive said as much several times so you acting like I don't understand this is absurd. The only one not understanding anything is the person who doesn't understand the very issue you are advocating needs nerfing, isn't being addressed which we keep trying to tell you. And you seem to recognize this as well when you say this

You can still do it in late game with a magazine and they are fine with it, it's BR some weapons have to be strong.
If they wanted to fix hip fire but you can still do it late in game (and it could be better said mid game since weapon clips aren't super hard to find) then its not really fixing how OP the hip fire is, is it? Its merely fixing it for the early segment of the game. And even despite that the hip fire is still powerful, it just has two less bullets in it. Thats not going to stop the issue.

And telling me to git gud? please. I bet I have more kills on my main than you have on all your characters combined and I took a 2.5 week break from the game. Last time someone suggested this to me I threw my stream up here and didn't lose a single game and all games I had 7+ kills. Git gud has nothing to do with this conversation don't be petty.

And again, note where I ever said I needed 12 bullets or that that was an issue. Were quite clearly saying this doesn't do anything to change how OP the weapon is. And you know that given you even state as much in both of your last two posts. The issue weve been discussing is it doesn't address the problem with the gun WHILE aggravating early game problems with the game. Idk how to make that anymore clear or how that means I dont think the gun is op (or that I'm bad at the game lol)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Twice now I got finessed by a Wraith cause my Peacekeeper only registered a couple pellets. Died both times in the same match. Oh man I was upset lol.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
First off, I am in agreement that the gun needed a nerf. Ive said as much several times so you acting like I don't understand this is absurd. The only one not understanding anything is the person who doesn't understand the very issue you are advocating needs nerfing, isn't being addressed which we keep trying to tell you. And you seem to recognize this as well when you say this

If they wanted to fix hip fire but you can still do it late in game (and it could be better said mid game since weapon clips aren't super hard to find) then its not really fixing how OP the hip fire is, is it? Its merely fixing it for the early segment of the game. And even despite that the hip fire is still powerful, it just has two less bullets in it. Thats not going to stop the issue.

And telling me to git gud? please. I bet I have more kills on my main than you have on all your characters combined and I took a 2.5 week break from the game. Last time someone suggested this to me I threw my stream up here and didn't lose a single game and all games I had 7+ kills. Git gud has nothing to do with this conversation don't be petty.

And again, note where I ever said I needed 12 bullets or that that was an issue. Were quite clearly saying this doesn't do anything to change how OP the weapon is. And you know that given you even state as much in both of your last two posts. The issue weve been discussing is it doesn't address the problem with the gun WHILE aggravating early game problems with the game. Idk how to make that anymore clear or how that means I dont think the gun is op (or that I'm bad at the game lol)
I highly doubt it since I completed the season pass( you can ask around) and I am sure you have not.

The fix was for the early game. The gun has to be strong in late game, but has to be limited in early game. People picked up the gun as soon as they dropped and never changed it or never struggled if they did not find any attachments.

They don't want to nerf it anymore because they still want it to be in top of the pyramid with peacekeeper, but peacekeeper has limitation ( you have to be close and you need a hop up to transform it in a people shredder) while wingman had literally none. I won games with the revolver without any attachments due to bad luck

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I highly doubt it since I completed the season pass( you can ask around) and I am sure you have not.

The fix was for the early game. The gun has to be strong in late game, but has to be limited in early game. People picked up the gun as soon as they dropped and never changed it or never struggled if they did not find any attachments.

They don't want to nerf it anymore because they still want it to be in top of the pyramid with peacekeeper, but peacekeeper has limitation ( you have to be close and you need a hop up to transform it in a people shredder) while wingman had literally none. I won games with the revolver without any attachments due to bad luck
Completing the season pass means nothing about getting kills. And again entirely besides the point it's just comical you seriously tried to the get good card on someone you dont have more kills or likely wins than.

Now you're changing the argument. Your first argument was that it was aimed at hip fire. Now you're saying it merely was to nerf it for early game. But even then it didnt nerf hip fire, it nerfed bullet capacity which still means hip fire is op.

Again I'm not arguing it cant be at the top of the pyramid. I'm arguing this nerf does nothing to mitigate any of the areas its op in and even if we say it does with bullet capacity, that's an incredibly short window of time for it to be "nerfed". Further if the problem is picking it up and keeping it all game, that's still happening. Heavy mags arent hard to find, if you find a wingman you arent not pikcing it up and holding onto it all game. Especially because asyousaid its still the top tier gun.

Your logic doesnt even follow.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Completing the season pass means nothing about getting kills. And again entirely besides the point it's just comical you seriously tried to the get good card on someone you dont have more kills or likely wins than.

Now you're changing the argument. Your first argument was that it was aimed at hip fire. Now you're saying it merely was to nerf it for early game. But even then it didnt nerf hip fire, it nerfed bullet capacity which still means hip fire is op.

Again I'm not arguing it cant be at the top of the pyramid. I'm arguing this nerf does nothing to mitigate any of the areas its op in and even if we say it does with bullet capacity, that's an incredibly short window of time for it to be "nerfed". Further if the problem is picking it up and keeping it all game, that's still happening. Heavy mags arent hard to find, if you find a wingman you arent not pikcing it up and holding onto it all game. Especially because asyousaid its still the top tier gun.

Your logic doesnt even follow.
I am not changing anything. It was aimed to nerf hipfire in early game. They do not care about hipfire in late game.

You will agree that hipfiring with 4 shots it's way different than hipfiring with 6 in a situation where people have 100 to 150 health.

It's in their bloody comment of the patch.

And by the way do you think I finished the season pass without killing? You clearly have no understanding of the game and if you really are a high skilled player as you say, it's really surprising understanding this little with that amount of play

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am not changing anything. It was aimed to nerf hipfire in early game. They do not care about hipfire in late game.

You will agree that hipfiring with 4 shots it's way different than hipfiring with 6 in a situation where people have 100 to 150 health.

It's in their bloody comment of the patch.

And by the way do you think I finished the season pass without killing? You clearly have no understanding of the game and if you really are a high skilled player as you say, it's really surprising understanding this little with that amount of play
Your original argument was

You didn't qualify that or state it was intended for a specific time of play in games that it was aimed at, just categorically hipfire. Now the argument is nerfing hipfire but only for early game, thats a different argument but maybe you meant that in your original argument and just didn't add that part in. Either way its not the same argument because you didn't say anything about early game originally.

I never said you didn't get kills during your completion of the pass however the season was not rewarding kills it was rewarding time spent alive + playing different characters so saying you completed the pass in response to how many kills you have isn't much of a measurement for whether or not youre proficient at killing people. Its also weird you would accuse me of not knowing how this functions while at the same time arguing for something as definitive proof of your accomplishments which really doesn't measure kills. A better measurement is we can both just post how many kills we have an go from there if you want to continue this pointless dick measuring contest because I'm about done going back and forth on this trivial argument you started which has nothing to do with the actual argument at hand.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Players wiggling back and forth to abuse the strafe speed with the Wingman is the real underlying problem, in my opinion. Throw it in the TTV starter pack.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Twice now I got finessed by a Wraith cause my Peacekeeper only registered a couple pellets. Died both times in the same match. Oh man I was upset lol.

I think Wraith should get a "Fragile" passive:
+10% damage taken.

I hate these skinny hit boxes so much.

Its too late, but I wonder if this game would be better off with different HP maximums for characters

Wraith at 80, medium hitboxes at 100, gibraltor at 120

Would also make dynamics of team comp more interesting I think, because it allows more varied support heroes

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Im not sure about those first 2, really? Sounds more like controller limitation than game being different for pc and console?
Im 99% sure you can bunnyhop heal tho.
I'm guessing you don't play on consoles, huh. I don't see how holding a button to swap inventory slots would be a controller issue lol, nor would scrolling through loot boxes while strafing because the game has a reticle anyway. And the bunny hop requires setting your mouse wheel to jump IIRC.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I opened my legendary loot tick got the "The Alchemist" R-99 skin.

At least it wasn't a Mozambique skin, but I really would have liked a legend skin. The only one I've gotten so far was the Twitch Prime Pathfinder skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.