• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing you don't play on consoles, huh. I don't see how holding a button to swap inventory slots would be a controller issue lol, nor would scrolling through loot boxes while strafing because the game has a reticle anyway. And the bunny hop requires setting your mouse wheel to jump IIRC.

Bunny hopping can be done by just pressing jump but you gotta git really gud.
If you want ezmode TTV Wraith 28398 kills knife jumps then you bind it into mouse wheel.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I opened my legendary loot tick got the "The Alchemist" R-99 skin.

At least it wasn't a Mozambique skin, but I really would have liked a legend skin. The only one I've gotten so far was the Twitch Prime Pathfinder skin.

I got...the Octane frame with animated sharks, and the epic skin for the R-301 that looks like red flames. I'll take it.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked the Glorious One for the Hemlock and Pride for the RE-45 with the crafting materials earned by switching regions :P
The Legend skins were tempting but you rarely see them, so I just opted for the weapon skins instead.

I went through and made some changes for Legends
Bang - Midnight
Gib - Sahara
Bloodhound - Midnight
Lifeline - Rage
Mirage - Original

And kept
Wraith - Survivor (BP skin)
Octane - Messenger (BP skin)
Pathfinder - Omega Point (Twitch skin)
Caustic - Heat Sync

Also earned back the Apex Coins for the BP yesterday. I may hit 100-110 this week

Oct 28, 2017
Just had two games in a row where my team made it into the final 3 squads with two of our members having level 1 shields and helmets. Even the drop boxes didn't give us anything better. One of those games I had an Alternator and an Eva 8.

Absolutely ridiculous luck.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
This battle pass is such a grind even with exclusively taking advantage of the weekly bonuses and rugularly playing with friends. If the next battle pass isn't significantly improved and there aren't daily/weekly challenges to level up faster then I'm done with this game for awhile.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I think my interest in Apex has officially peaked as of a week ago and I'm now not as pumped to jump into a match as I used to be. It could just be the natural "hype" curve when playing a new game has worn off but in general I'm not itching to jump on nearly as much as I've been previously. I really think they fucked up by not adding new modes or anything new to do.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I would nerf the distance damage, the distance it can fire at, and maybe reload time. If you want to spam hip fire thats fine but punish it with a reload time that means missing shots matter. Nerfing distance is an obvious since I don't see why having a weapon thats op close and mid range should also be able to murder people (quite efficiently) at a distance as well. Taking two bullets out of the starting mag doesn't do much other than make it more annoying on drops and the last thing this game needs is more bullshit luck on dropping.

Yep. If thats the issue either make it wildly inaccurate or make it have longer reload times to punish missing shots.

The problem with the wingman is that it excels at virtually everything in addition to being one of the fastest ttk guns in the game if youre hitting headshots. Theres no reason a pistol should have that much utility, so I understand the nerf. But their idea of what a nerf will do to fix it is bonkers. It doesn't fix anything and it only serves to make dropping more annoying than it already is.

I think it's an extreme exaggeration to suggest the time to kill is as high as it is though. Even if you watch players like Dizzy, who are supposed to be some of the best on the game, they're hitting headshots a small fraction of the time. Maybe 10, or 20% at most.

People complaining that the wingman ttk is too fast and citing headshots as the problem. Watch shroud, watch Mendo, watch Dizzy use the wingman, it's not the headshots or the TTK that make the weapon so effective.

The main reason the wingman is so successful is the same as the r99. Good time to kill combined with ADS movement speed. The R99 is the only other weapon that compares.

Crucially, most mid-long ranged weapons that compete with the wingman are weapons like the r309, havoc, spitfire and flatline, all of these have comparable time to kills, but all of these guns have a severe ADS movement speed penalty. That means using them comes with a pretty steep risk because you're effectively a sitting duck. The wingman enables fast left-right strafing that these weapons do not, which means you can be far more evasive, and avoid damage.

This is the reason that the Wingman and R99 are the best weapons in the game in spite of their limitations (magazine size, accuracy requirement) and you'd really need to nerf these weapons into the ground to make them not sit at the top of the pile. The ADS movement speed is too significant of a benefit.

Also damage drop off is a really irritating feature as it can make damage feel inconsistent, especially if an enemy is sitting in an area where damage begins to start dropping off significantly. I wouldn't like to see this implemented as a nerf.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing you don't play on consoles, huh. I don't see how holding a button to swap inventory slots would be a controller issue lol, nor would scrolling through loot boxes while strafing because the game has a reticle anyway. And the bunny hop requires setting your mouse wheel to jump IIRC.

Not being able to move while looting is a controller thing, not a platform exclusive thing. I'd imagine when/if Microsoft actually gets around to allowing kb/m functionality on Xbox that it would work like on PC. Right now if you plug in a controller to the PC version you can't loot and move.

Also bunny hopping is possible on console, you just have to claw with the crouch on right stick click setup.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not being able to move while looting is a controller thing, not a platform exclusive thing. I'd imagine when/if Microsoft actually gets around to allowing kb/m functionality on Xbox that it would work like on PC. Right now if you plug in a controller to the PC version you can't loot and move.

Also bunny hopping is possible on console, you just have to claw with the crouch on right stick click setup.
That's weird how it's even a limitation for controller users though considering you should be able to just use the d-pad, triggers for fast scroll, or the right stick to navigate loot boxes. Hopefully it gets changed.

As for bunny hopping, what I'm referring to is done while healing so you can move as fast as standard walk speed. That's possible? Guess I'll have to mess with it later.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I can bunny hop just fine on Xbox with my elite controller It's not hard at all. Only thing you need to change is hold to crouch.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
What I don't understand is why they haven't designed the box looting UI to look similar to the inventory UI when you press the menu button. Scrolling through that list takes too long and is often tedious.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
Just passed level 55, and I play pretty damn often. Kept telling myself I just need 10 levels a week and I'd be well on the way to complete the pass by the deadline. I really wish it was more entertaining though, I love the gameplay loop but some variety in the map, challenges etc would be nice. Maybe I'm spoiler *shrug*

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Is it? I use the right stick to scroll and left to select. Works great.
It's just janky a lot of the times. I've raged some many times trying to take an enemies armor but it not popping up right away. Some small QoL changes like auto adding all attachments that are better than the ones you have equipped, or tapping a button to auto-pickup armor, etc. I just think the UI is already there so why not just implement it.

Something like this but smaller and more streamlined so it doesn't clutter the screen so much:
rq2y9mn1cef21.png

I also hate never knowing how much space I have in my backpack while looting. AFAIK, there's no way to check unless you press menu while looting.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The character and weapon balance feels really good after that last patch. I've been playing a lot of Gibraltar with the Longbow and it's great that they feel viable now.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just Googled "Apex Legends" and all the top stories are about how EA stocks are about to get hit hard due to the declining popularity of Apex. I cannot fathom why they haven't added a single new mode to the game by now to keep players interested. I get that adding characters is probably much harder but it's just baffling how they're not adding modes. I'm hoping they can swing this thing back and somehow get their mojo back.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just Googled "Apex Legends" and all the top stories are about how EA stocks are about to get hit hard due to the declining popularity of Apex. I cannot fathom why they haven't added a single new mode to the game by now to keep players interested. I get that adding characters is probably much harder but it's just baffling how they're not adding modes. I'm hoping they can swing this thing back and somehow get their mojo back.
Yeah I am shocked they have really just sat on this with the amount of players they could have capitalized on it and added more modes I would love for solo mode also duos would be great.
I have lost most of my interest I maybe will play 1 - 2 matches a day these days and that's it with the bonus BP levels last week I was hooked in they should have kept that up.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I am shocked they have really just sat on this with the amount of players they could have capitalized on it and added more modes I would love for solo mode also duos would be great.
I have lost most of my interest I maybe will play 1 - 2 matches a day these days and that's it with the bonus BP levels last week I was hooked in they should have kept that up.

Yeah. Something happened over the past week and the game just became a "been there, done that" kind of thing for me. I have like 80 wins this season with Pathfinder which I think is decent. I don't really know what else there is to see at this point. More wins? More kills? It's not like the game has a ranked mode so none of that info really matters.

It's a shame. It's a great game. They're dropping the ball. Big time.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Something happened over the past week and the game just became a "been there, done that" kind of thing for me. I have like 80 wins this season with Pathfinder which I think is decent. I don't really know what else there is to see at this point. More wins? More kills? It's not like the game has a ranked mode so none of that info really matters.

It's a shame. It's a great game. They're dropping the ball. Big time.

In a sense, I'm happy Respawn is still doing their own things. As far as we know, they are working on like 4-5 different games. Epic threw literally every other game and franchise in the trash (RIP Unreal Tournament) just so they could milk Fortnite for eternity, which may be effective for that one game and their finances but as a gamer it's sad to see. I'd be disappointed if Respawn cancelled the Star Wars game, Titanfall 3, the Titanfall spin-off (or whatever it's gonna be) coming this year, etc. just so they could put all hands on deck and have game modes/classes out quicker. That wouldn't be worth it. However, I do think they need to do a better job than what they are currently doing, because lack of stats, leaderboards, a meaningful progress system, "free" unlocks after a while (no lootboxes anymore), etc. means that it's JUST about the gameplay after some time. I like the gameplay, mind, but it wouldn't kill Respawn to throw us a couple skins for levelling up a lot or extra mats for the wins every now and then, but none of that is happening, the QoL changes are not arriving, and the post-launch support in general has been unexciting as hell so far.

I'm intentionally playing a lot less now because I don't want to be burnt out by the game before the meaningful content drops arrive - if they arrive, at this point. For a while I've been making calculations about how to reach the end of the pass, how much I need to play, but then I realized that there's nearly nothing in the pass even remotely worth grinding for. So I'll just wait.

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
Long post, but I had probably the most fun night of Apex (playing solo) yesterday.

Teamed up with two randoms, but one of them decided to land on the other side of the map and died instantly. I'll never understand why people do that, but oh well. My teammate and I stuck it out. Neither of us used our mics, but by sticking together and pinging everything and everyone, we didn't have to. We got some decent loot and went hunting. We ended up winning the game, with 9 kills each.

We added each other and jumped into another game. Won that one as well, with a decent third teammate.

We added that guy to the party as well, but for some reason he dropped out or got disconnected at the character screen. We decided to hot-drop, but we got sandwiched before we found any guns.

Decided to play one more before calling it a night, and lo and behold, we ended up winning that one as well. Man, when this game clicks, it's just so much fun.

Btw, I main Lifeline, but decided to try out Wraith yesterday, because my teammate mained Lifeline as well. In one of the rounds, with only one squad left, we were seen by the other team, who had high ground. I tried to figure out a clever way to use the portals, so while my teammates laid out cover fire, I set up a portal to create a flank without the other team noticing. It worked like a charm, and we killed the last team by suddenly appearing right next to them.

(I'm not the best player, even though changing the advanced look controls has now made me way more competetive (highly recommended), so 3 wins out of 4 is pretty unprecedented for me - at least with randoms). When this game clicks, it just clicks.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've started to use my mic in games now and I'm enjoying it alot more. Just meeting new people and talking shit with randoms makes it fun.

Met some morons too that say really offensive, and sometimes racist stuff,but I just quickly report/mute them and move on.

Had a couple of people thank me for the carry and I've been carried myself on a few occasions.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I hate myself. Terrible decision not to retreat and heal there at the end, could've been so good...

Side note, it has become almost impossible for me to win with randoms, as these days 19/20 games I play, both are completely useless.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully today is Tuesday, the day in which the game is updated with new content and bug fixes on a weekly basis. Right, friends?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I want them to add silly modes like Pathfinder only mode, 200% Ability recharge mode, Legendary/Solid Gold only, Fast closing circle, etc.
Every game needs to loosen up a bit and do crazy stuff to keep fans engaged, otherwise, it gets boring.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Thankfully today is Tuesday, the day in which the game is updated with new content and bug fixes on a weekly basis. Right, friends?
Honestly, bug fixes on a weekly basis would be nice, but the idea of having new stuff enter the fold and therefore never having a stable meta doesn't really sound like fun. I hate that about Fortnite.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Friendly PSA that if you think gib and caustic feel different it is just you. The patch actually broke them more. Aka: no defense passive is actually working on them.

Holy Shit

https://old.reddit.com/r/apexlegend...elkpevm/?context=1000&st=jutynami&sh=d2ed919c

Yes, the patch that was meant to reduce dmg by 10% for them didn't work at all, you instead now take that 10% directly from your health instead, meaning you don't actually have any dmg reduction at all and now you risk dying even when having shields.

pinedsman said:
Of course I did the dumb internet thing where I didn't watch the video and made a comment. Ok now that I've watched the video 😥

It does look like the bleed through can instantly kill you. I've seen this bug before in testing and we've fixed it but it looks like the fractional bleed through is triggering it again.

This is worse than I originally described it for sure so I apologise about that. Either way, we should definitely fix it soon

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Played a couple of games just now and I'm almost certain my opponent had wall hacks. There is no fucking way someone can know where I am when I'm crouched under a building not moving with such certainty. Dude literally came round the corner with a charged peacekeeper and killed me before I even knew he was there.

Don't think I'm playing on pc again.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
In a sense, I'm happy Respawn is still doing their own things. As far as we know, they are working on like 4-5 different games. Epic threw literally every other game and franchise in the trash (RIP Unreal Tournament) just so they could milk Fortnite for eternity, which may be effective for that one game and their finances but as a gamer it's sad to see. I'd be disappointed if Respawn cancelled the Star Wars game, Titanfall 3, the Titanfall spin-off (or whatever it's gonna be) coming this year, etc. just so they could put all hands on deck and have game modes/classes out quicker. That wouldn't be worth it. However, I do think they need to do a better job than what they are currently doing, because lack of stats, leaderboards, a meaningful progress system, "free" unlocks after a while (no lootboxes anymore), etc. means that it's JUST about the gameplay after some time. I like the gameplay, mind, but it wouldn't kill Respawn to throw us a couple skins for levelling up a lot or extra mats for the wins every now and then, but none of that is happening, the QoL changes are not arriving, and the post-launch support in general has been unexciting as hell so far.

I'm intentionally playing a lot less now because I don't want to be burnt out by the game before the meaningful content drops arrive - if they arrive, at this point. For a while I've been making calculations about how to reach the end of the pass, how much I need to play, but then I realized that there's nearly nothing in the pass even remotely worth grinding for. So I'll just wait.

Agreed. The BP really doesn't have anything I'd be heartbroken to miss out on if I don't complete it. We'll see how things go but as far as the current game meta and mode go, my interest is definitely waning.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I want them to add silly modes like Pathfinder only mode, 200% Ability recharge mode, Legendary/Solid Gold only, Fast closing circle, etc.
Every game needs to loosen up a bit and do crazy stuff to keep fans engaged, otherwise, it gets boring.

As a Pathfinder main, this sounds like an amazing idea. Love it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
As a Pathfinder main, this sounds like an amazing idea. Love it.
Pathfinder with unlimited grapple recharge would be so fun. lol They could easily rotate them weekly to include any all "X" hero modes. Imagine a game with all Gibs with 200% ability recharge lol shields and bombs for days. An all Octane would also be hilarious with all of the launch pads everywhere,.
I'd also like to see a random heroes mode.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
I think that's what is most baffling about this lull in 'content'. There are so many wrinkles they could add to the formula to spice it up for a weekend at a time without requiring new maps/characters/weapons. A special queue with any number of these could get people at least interested in trying something new. All X character matches, play around with the skill timers, limited item pools, faster round timers....etc. We've seen them perform server side updates to add things like jump pads into the game, they just need to do more along those lines.

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Friendly PSA that if you think gib and caustic feel different it is just you. The patch actually broke them more. Aka: no defense passive is actually working on them.

Holy Shit

https://old.reddit.com/r/apexlegend...elkpevm/?context=1000&st=jutynami&sh=d2ed919c

So it sounds like you're taking extra damage instead of that damage being reduced? I played with Gibraltar for most of my session yesterday and I was telling my squad that I felt extra squishy.

Another bug of note right now is that sometimes the armor doesn't not provide the correct color queues. For example someone with blue armor could appear to be wearing white armor based on the color of the damage numbers. I shot someone that was supposedly wearing white armor yesterday for 160 damage, but the did not go down.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4 minutes into a game and its still laggy as fuck

trash

edit: right into another laggy game

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jumpmaster pings Repulsor

Okay

As we're making our way there, I see at least two other squads with the same idea who are likely to land before us. I ping and drop in Hydro Dam, but my team stayed the course. They're downed fairly quickly (as one could predict)... then one of them gets on the mic to run their mouth. He eventually disconnects but not before calling me a homophobic slur and says I won't win alone.

End up winning with 9 kills and 1.9k damage
I sent him a message with a screenshot of the victory screen attached. I hope he enjoyed it :P

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017

UT was going nowhere in the current market and Paragon was already on life support. Fortnite was sort of already the only game they had even when it was just Save The World mode.

No one is asking respawn to bin all their current projects, it surely has to be possible to add solo or duo to this game, some tweaks would be needed but the novelty of playing as a squad constantly wore off ages ago.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Another afternoon of having randoms hot drop get downed and leave instantly, it's pointless continuing to play unless you have a group of 3. I'll try it again if they ever add something new but for now I am done.

malrock

Oct 26, 2017
North Carolina
One trophy away from 100% this game and I can't get it to save my life... I need the equip both Legendary Armor & Helmet trophy and I can consistently get one or the other but not both. It got to a point yesterday that I was pissed off because we won the game but I was unable to loot the last guy I killed who had legendary armor because he was the last kill. Oh well, I'm sure it will come

Status
Not open for further replies.