• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Talking of hip fire. The mastiff is hot garbage if you shoot it from the hip. Was hitting people at close range and doing 19 damage. If you aim it becomes deadly, but it's hard to aim up close.

It's by far most hated weapon.

Edit: holy shit my luck is terrible this morning. Got 5 wins out of 6 last night and now,no matter where I drop, at least 3 other teams drop on my exact location and I can't find loot. It's not like we've been hot dropping either. Weve been dropping in unnamed locations.

I really wish other players dropping were more visable then they are.

Last edited:

TheWanderer

Jul 14, 2018
In case some of you guys were unaware of the stat implications from this season, here's a bit of information.

The G-7 Scout kills exactly as fast with double tap as it does without, the DPS/TTK is the same.

The Eva-8 with double tap and purple bolt, assuming one burst per second, kills slower than the fully automatic version. Assuming two bursts per second, it's the fastest killing weapon in the game (I haven't yet checked how it's ROF in the burst mode but I'm leaning toward the former).

The anvil receiver single shot on both the Flatline and R301 kill slower than the full automatic versions albeit anvil receiver is more for long range engagements.

The Hemlok changes makes it so that, because of the increased delay, it still kills exactly as fast as it used to before it was buffed. However, in single fire it now kills faster than an R301.

Oct 31, 2017
The Hemlok is pretty good yeah, though I'm still not sure how I feel about it's balance with the most recent patch. The different burst cadence still throws me off a bit, even though it definitely seems to hit harder per bullet.

The Hemlok has been my heavy (and probably primary in general) weapon of choice for most of the game, but I have been using it less in this Season so far. I've actually really been enjoying the Flatline recently, especially with an Anvil Receiver on it. And the full auto at just the right range absolutely shreds.

TheWanderer

Jul 14, 2018
The Hemlok is pretty good yeah, though I'm still not sure how I feel about it's balance with the most recent patch. The different burst cadence still throws me off a bit, even though it definitely seems to hit harder per bullet.

The Hemlok has been my heavy (and probably primary in general) weapon of choice for most of the game, but I have been using it less in this Season so far. I've actually really been enjoying the Flatline recently, especially with an Anvil Receiver on it. And the full auto at just the right range absolutely shreds.

It's mostly a placebo. While the burst and alpha damage is higher than it used to be the different fire rate makes it kill equally as fast as it used to. Compared to every other weapon in the assault rifle, light machine gun, and sub machine gun categories, the Hemlok is the slowest killing weapon (in burst) among all of those three categories. In fact, it's burst mode kills exactly as fast as an RE-45. However it's single does ramp it up quite a bit.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Bought the dope new L-Star skin so I was compelled to pick it up for once... It's not unusable, but it still has nothing on the 99. :/

Ooof, those enemies stood no chance whatsoever, did they?
Also I quite enjoy the L-Star now that they added a Digital Threat to it. It's still not a mind-blowing weapon, but it can be pretty good close-range.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I like the new Modern Warfare, but Apex is still my favorite fps of the year (and thus my GOTY). For all its faults with the progression system or the store, Apex really excels in its gameplay and everything else that happens within a match. Modern Warfare is cool, but very, very flawed. The team that handled the weapon animations and sounds at Infinity Ward did a great job, but something feels off with the shooting. In the campaign it's almost hard to tell if I've even shot someone because the feedback isn't quite there. The death animations are great, but the actual impact isn't there for me. MW excels with its progression systems (the Gunsmith is great), but the in-game experience doesn't top Apex at all for me. I'll still play both, but I still prefer Apex. I just took a quick peak at the Xbox most played list and Apex is #3, right behind Fortnite, and prior to the MW release it had held its positon at #2. Should be neat to see where MW settles in the next week or so, I've noticed the reception has been more mixed than it was in the pre-launch.

My prediction is that MW will drop below Fortnite and Apex in the next few weeks. I don't think it has enough going for it to keep people glued to it. The reviews have been positive but nothing glowing. They're all hovering around 8 on most sites I've read.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
TqD5Bdu.png

Spent 2400 mats on the Bangalore skin, had to make it worth while.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Played cod for like two games and missed Apex's movement and ttk too much. But I do grow tired of the BR genre at times.

But it got me to do a fun little thought experiment: what would be the meta team comp in search and destroy if it was in Apex?

(Assume cooldowns for all tactical/ultimates were reduced by 33% to compensate for a smaller 3v3 playstyle and everyone has blue armor and 6 shield cells and 2 med kits and every weapon has up to blue attachments. The weapons and throwables are chosen in your load out. You can switch characters every round)

Defenders:
Caustic: I was originally going to pick Wattson, but Caustic's ult would actually be very useful in clearing out a bomb site.

Crypto: set up your drone overlooking a bomb site for some wall hacks.

Gibraltar. Ult good for outdoor bomb sites. Cover can protect you while disarming bomb, protect crypto's drone for a bit longer. Faster healing.

Attackers:
Pathfinder. Same reasons he's good in the actual game. His ult would be not the greatest though. I guess you could theoretically create a faster path between bomb sites.

bloodhound. Ult and tactical would be great for pushing into sites.

Bangalore. Blocking sight lines/diversion tactics and works extremely well with Bloodhound. Ult would be good for open maps only.

just for fun:

bottom tier: Lifeline and Octane. Lifeline's ult would take way too long even with the shorter charge time and octane is just a worse Pathfinder.

I'm so bored

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
After playing ranked exclusively for nearly a week I decided to try out some regular mode to get some challanges.

It seems like a totally different game. Very first game and we dropped just outside capitol and I think 90% of the players dropped into the city. It went to 5 squads left before the first circle closed in.

I kinda want a full on action mode with all the loot condensed into one small area so that people that play the regular mode actually give a shit about surviving.

Edit:ignore the above, just made it to Platinum and it's a third party fest. Guys in here be thirsty for those kills. It's easy to rank up just by camping.

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving ranked at the moment, I felt like it would just be like casual up until plat with a mix of people who should be at rank x and a bunch of people who are climbing out as I am at the moment but nah, it feels pretty solid. Maybe I'm just enjoying the fairly easy games even in gold right now.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm loving ranked at the moment, I felt like it would just be like casual up until plat with a mix of people who should be at rank x and a bunch of people who are climbing out as I am at the moment but nah, it feels pretty solid. Maybe I'm just enjoying the fairly easy games even in gold right now.

Yeah. People in Silver and Gold 4 barely know how to aim and often times don't even attempt to strafe or dodge bullets. I downed an enemy in Silver once who was looting a death box and he didn't even stop looting while I was shooting him. I downed him from far away too...

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
After playing ranked exclusively for nearly a week I decided to try out some regular mode to get some challanges.

It seems like a totally different game. Very first game and we dropped just outside capitol and I think 90% of the players dropped into the city. It went to 5 squads left before the first circle closed in.

I kinda want a full on action mode with all the loot condensed into one small area so that people that play the regular mode actually give a shit about surviving.

Edit:ignore the above, just made it to Platinum and it's a third party fest. Guys in here be thirsty for those kills. It's easy to rank up just by camping.
is it?

even top 10 you need like 3 kills to be positive

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've only played 7 games but I'm yet to get under 50 points.

The last game I camped until the final 5 and nade spammed 2 teams that were engaged with one another for 3 kills and an assist.
i might need to play it a tad slower, i just got to plat 4, and usually when i start it takes me a bit to get adjusted to meta. I am more of a go go go type of playstyle

and i did get a win

but since then i went back down lol all good tho.

But yeah, gold top 10 was always positive for me. Top 10 here with 2 kills is still like -4, so it seems top 5 is crucial

Anyelocp

Mar 28, 2019
I feel that the loot have been improved lately. im not dying so fast after landing because i can't find a gun or armor or both. Now consistently getting 2000 damage game at least 1 every 3-5 games. However, the charge rifle still need a damage nerf from 90 to 50.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yep, I'm with you on the charge rifle. Still isn't much you can do to push a team that has 2+ charge rifles.

Last couple of games I've died to really suspicious circumstances. Was in a building in Capitol when two teams both ran in from opposite sides of the building... Once we were killed one of the teams looted us while the other team just ran away. They did not fire a shot at each other and one of the teams did not contest for the loot.... Probably nothing, but it did make me wonder if they were partied up.

I do wonder if there is a level of teaming going on in this, especially at high ranks.

Edit: and people STILL drop solo, even in plat! Lol. My mind is blown.

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I keep forgetting that you can use Pathfinder's grapple to pull enemies towards you

does anyone actually do that though? lol

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Late game is such a clusterfuck every single time on this map. So many squads left in round 4, if you didn't get to a good place first you're pretty much fucked.
18 rp for 16 minutes surviving time and 2 kills because I happened to be the first one to drop out of the last six fucking squads in the middle of round 4. Ridiculous

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
It's quite obvious at platinum 1 that just about everyone is wearing a good quality headset. You can't hide anywhere without someone pinpointing your exact location. I've had a pathfinder jump up to the exact floor I'm on and hit me through a window when I've been crouched in a corner.

Still, the higher levels suit my play style more and I'm using other players thirst for kills to my advantage. I'm still totally amazed at the sheer amount of players that will rush right into your gas traps even though your in a situation where the circle is closing in and your pinned. I'm still averaging 3 kills a game just by killing these types of players.

Will probably hit diamond tomorrow.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming you are confident in your actual game skill, getting the diamond is just a matter of chipping away WITH a team. LFG is basically required if you wanna get there in a timely manner.

Ranking up through diamond into Apex sounds like hell though

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, that and the noise when you break armour

*Chefs kiss*

Have they buffed the R-301? I've always thought the gun was trash tier compared to the R-99 but quite recently I've been melting people with it at all ranges.

Maybe its just me and I've got used to the recoil pattern?

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to play some Apex since the Charge Rifle nerf. Maybe still not enough damage decay? Definitely still usable.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Some Apex stuff from the EA earnings:

In Apex Legends, we continue to deepen our long-term investment in the game and its community. With each successive season of new content, we are building, adding to the experience, and learning.
The third season, which launched in October, is our biggest yet -- with an entirely new map, amazing events like the Halloween-themed content in the game now, and much more to come. Weekly average player peaks in Season Three are significantly above our Season Two peaks, and we're continuing to bring more new players into the game. Apex Legends is a major long-term franchise for us. Since launch, we've significantly expanded the team working on the game, and it continues to grow. Our pipeline of future content is packed with really fun experiences that will be delivered through upcoming seasons and a regular cadence of updates for the community. With the Apex Legends community now growing past 70 million players, we're focused on expanding to mobile, new platforms and new geographies, as well as launching an Apex competitive gaming program that we'll share details on soon.
Our live services will continue to grow and enhance the experience in our major franchises. We're expanding our Apex Legends team to deliver our content plans for FY21, and we will reach new audiences through mobile and across Asia.
Apex Legends and FIFA Online drove performance significantly above last year
Live services remain strong, and we continue to expect Apex Legends and The Sims to both deliver net bookings in the $300 million to $400 million range.
We're investing in Apex Legends as our shooter in fiscal 2021. We expect to drive growth in all of our major live services next year, including Ultimate Team, Apex Legends, FIFA Online and The Sims. We will continue to grow our subscription business. We believe Apex growth will be driven in part by the continued expansion of content and by the launch of the service on new platforms, geographies and on mobile.

So yeah, lots of good news for Apex. They're now saying they're investing in Apex as their (next-gen?) shooter for fiscal 2021 (FY21: April 1st, 2020 - March 31st, 2021). There might be some more tidbits from their conference call, no transcript for it yet.

Last edited:

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
I was on my way home from work listening to the radio and they mentioned EA and Apex Legends being a big earner for them. Wasn't expecting to hear about Apex on the radio lol

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Great to hear about the news. Both the Earnings report and Apex coming to Steam is definitely a good sign for the games future.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The charge rifle is still OP. They either need to make it a loot drop weapon or they need to go back to the drawing board and rethink the weapon completely.

There should never be a situation where 3 players in the same team all have the gun, because they melt you as soon as you have a glimpse out of cover.

My party were talking about it last night and one crazy suggestion was to buff it slightly but give it a payoff that it takes 25 health everytime you fire a shot.

Last edited:

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
The charge rifle is still OP. They either need to make it a loot drop weapon or they need to go back to the drawing board and rethink the weapon completely.

There should never be a situation where 3 players in the same team all have the gun, because they melt you as soon as you have a glimpse out of cover.

My party were taking about it last night and one crazy suggestion was to buff it slightly but give it a payoff that it takes 25 health everytime you fire a shot.

I wonder if this is something that is drastically different between PC and console? Really haven't sensed it being an issue on console to be honest. It's a good weapon but I don't find it more prevalent than the other long range guns.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The RE 45 is officially my favorite close range weapon next to the R99. The thing shreds. I always forgot that it's a full auto pistol. Just hold down the trigger and melt people. It's actually probably better than the R99 early game since it doesn't eat as much ammo.

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
YESS! Thank you Respawn. I imagine they're testing the waters. Same like they did with solos. If the reception is good, I hope it becomes a permanent mode. Looking forward to what lies ahead after this Halloween event closes up.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I approve of this news.

Dropping hard in plat now after being 100 points from diamond.

I just seem to be getting really unlucky with the ring placement and I'm having so many battles outside the safe zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.